Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201530 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#62421 Dec 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No. We all know that there were earlier no vehicles, space ships, computers, etc. But with faith science came up and these products are present.
God is always in support of good things.
science, engineering, math, and the application of that lead to inventions, designs, knowledge advancement etc have absolutely nothing to do with faith in a monotheistic god or any number of gods.

I assume that when you talk about "god", you are being egocentric and are referring to your Judeo/Christian god and foregoing the numerous other deities worshiped by billions of others.

So your god is in support of good things
If he is a supreme being (foregoing Diana Ross of course), and creator of the universe and everything, then isn't he in support of everything?

Tell me was he in support of the thousands of priest who molested tens of thousands of children over decades across the globe? After all according to the Bible, the pope is his representative on Earth. Cardinal Ratzenberger, now Pope Benedict is the man who put the policy to protect pedophile priests by transferring them to new parishes without warning to the diocese of their perversion? He also instituted the policy of not reporting them to the police, a crime in of itself.

Tell was in in support of the genocide against Bosnian Muslims committed by Orthodox Christian Serbs in the name of their religion?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#62422 Dec 2, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Faith is the substance of things hoped for. Faith gives you something to look forward to. Faith is uplifting in looking for rewards to come. Faith is confidence that something will happen even though it is unseen.
God bless. And it is all embracing, because God is a supporter of good things.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#62423 Dec 2, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
So the answer is " we don't know"
So you're saying that you didn't bother to read the article.

Tampa, FL

#62424 Dec 2, 2012
The Egyptians had no way to record several million people leaving Egypt all at once?

Seriously?
Bat Foy wrote:
Why would they after having the God of the slaves gank your plague your lands kill your children and drown your king and his army. Please tell me why anyone would write that down?
So you're saying that there is zero evidence of any of these events in the written Egyptian record due to a coverup? Not one shred of evidence?

Seriously?

Level 2

Location hidden

#62425 Dec 2, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think "knowing" is the proper way to describe that. You are just rambling out a belief for which there is no evidence. Did you know that in some groups of beetles, the male with attempt to mate with female grubs. I guess those little girl beetles just don't know they aren't supposed to mate yet. I guess God never told them.
Do you know what an axolotl is? It is a salamander. Related to your frogs. Salamanders normally metamorphosize from egg to larvae to adult just like frogs. However in the case of the axolotl it doesn't finish the complete cycle and retains its juvenile characters. There are entire populations in Mexico that live and reproduce as larval salamanders. This retention of the larval form into adulthood is called neoteny. I once found a small population of neotenic mole salamanders in Missouri. Same thing as the axolotl, but a different species. I guess God didn't tell these guys about the whold mating when your an adult thing either. I won't even go into discussion of insects, lizards and fish that can switch teams or reproduce without males. That would probably short you out.
What you don't know about so many things would just blow your mind.
And that again, does not justifies your point. These animals must grow to maturity, before they can give birth.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#62426 Dec 2, 2012
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll provide it.
The problem is that with every incidence of slavery of a conquered nation, the victorious nation made every attempt to eradicate the enslaved peoples identity and belongings, thier existence, from the face of the planet. hier public documents would only use a derisive name or no name at all.
They distroyed everything about the conquered nation out of security concerns. They burned houses, etc. That makes it hard to find anything about the exodus.
There is some remaining evidence of the event. Gotta look for it and I'll get back to you.
Really, then how do you explain Nebuchadrezzar II, if what you said was true, the Jewish culture/faith would be gone.

not to mention all the societies/people that the Romans conquered

Tampa, FL

#62427 Dec 2, 2012
superwilly wrote:
The problem is that with every incidence of slavery of a conquered nation, the victorious nation made every attempt to eradicate the enslaved peoples identity and belongings, thier existence, from the face of the planet. hier public documents would only use a derisive name or no name at all.
And your examples of this are what, exactly?

Level 2

Location hidden

#62428 Dec 2, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>That a boy Charles. Even when you have had the crap kicked out of you, declare victory and move on.
I am not looking for any victory, but the truth.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62429 Dec 2, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
If a CEO believes that he should have his company sell slave shackles instead of what they are making I a sure no one will follow him... Like slaves shackles religion is a old out of date ideal.
Do you know the full meaning of CEO?
As the head, he or she must think positively, to move the organisation forward(unity of command).

Level 2

Location hidden

#62430 Dec 2, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
science, engineering, math, and the application of that lead to inventions, designs, knowledge advancement etc have absolutely nothing to do with faith in a monotheistic god or any number of gods.
I assume that when you talk about "god", you are being egocentric and are referring to your Judeo/Christian god and foregoing the numerous other deities worshiped by billions of others.
So your god is in support of good things
If he is a supreme being (foregoing Diana Ross of course), and creator of the universe and everything, then isn't he in support of everything?
Tell me was he in support of the thousands of priest who molested tens of thousands of children over decades across the globe? After all according to the Bible, the pope is his representative on Earth. Cardinal Ratzenberger, now Pope Benedict is the man who put the policy to protect pedophile priests by transferring them to new parishes without warning to the diocese of their perversion? He also instituted the policy of not reporting them to the police, a crime in of itself.
Tell was in in support of the genocide against Bosnian Muslims committed by Orthodox Christian Serbs in the name of their religion?
This is not the issues on accusations or counter accusations, my area of concern is that faith is all embracing. It was through faith, that Mathematics and other disciplines came into light. Then, there were nothing like that.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#62431 Dec 2, 2012
MazHere wrote:
Who are you? Obviously another evolutionist that likes to offer hubris when they are gobsmacked. Is this too hard for you to understand?
1. Creationist predictions are continuing to be validated with the expectation that 100% of the genome likely to be functional. This validation comes after evolutionists shoved junk dna down creos throats as proof TOE was true, there was no designer and creos were idiots. Now they scurry off in shame, suggest TOE never could make a prediction around non coding dna but creos can clearly see just whom the idiots really are!
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketsc... [/QUOTE}
You don't understand the use of "functional" in your claim. A fraction of our genome contributes to our phenotype and the rest "functions" in ways that amount to "junk".
[QUOTE who="MazHere"]2. Creationists predictions are vestigial organs are continuing to be validated by evolutionists finding that these left over functionless organs do indeed have function. This validation comes after evolutionists found function in these organs and had to toddle off and redefine the definition of vestigial to reflect a differentÂ’ function.
http://www.naturalnews.com/022914_appendix_gu...
The definition hasn't changed. You've erected another Straw Man
MazHere wrote:
3....Evos are still confused over whale bones found in strata dated to 290mya and have had to invent mythical theropods to wear a reversed hallux although not one single theropod ever found has modern avian feet. The data supports creationism and the woffle supports TOE.
http://www.ehow.com/list_7182299_fossils-foun...
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v417/n68...
I like this one, because it illustrates Creation Science "research":
Maz has tried to develop a point based on an unexpectedly old whale fossil (290 million years!) She linked to to an paragraph in some online magazine, to support that contention.
But... the E-rag linked to it's source which actually said:
"The discovery of fossil whale bones in Michigan has been a source of some embarrassment for the conventional geologic story of the history of the Great Lakes region, and the notion that the area has remained above sea level for 290 million years since the end of the Pennsylvanian period, as whale fossils are obviously evidence that the land was submerged beneath the sea."
The whale remains were MUCH younger than Maz claimed, but I bet this point remains in her "grocery list".
MazHere wrote:
5. All data suggests the genome is deteriorating. Again this is creationist support demonstrating that adaptation is limited. Again evos have to toddle off and come up with some story and convoluted hypothesis as to why a deteriorating genome does not falsify TOE. The data supports creationism and the woffle supports TOE.
http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info:doi/1...
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...
http://www.naturalnews.com/021220_genetic_mod...
The deterioration seems to be in the "junk" portion of the genome.
MazHere wrote:
6. Evolutionary supports are derived from arbitrary and pick a box morphological and genomic homology that changes like the wind and biased algorithmic magic that is no better than any algorithmic magic a creationists can provide. This is supported by an evolutionary history of falsifications, instability and change.
http://www.nature.com/news/studies-slow-the-h...
I see no supported point here.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#62432 Dec 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Faith is all embracing. Get that into your brain.
Such weighty babble.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#62433 Dec 2, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
The Egyptians had no way to record several million people leaving Egypt all at once?
Seriously?
<quoted text>
So you're saying that there is zero evidence of any of these events in the written Egyptian record due to a coverup? Not one shred of evidence?
Seriously?
There is also NO archaeological evidence anywhere in Egypt or the Sinai desert that 1 million plus people spent 40 years there. The land has been scoured for over a hundred years to find supporting evidence...NONE has ever been found
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#62434 Dec 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know the full meaning of CEO?
As the head, he or she must think positively, to move the organisation forward(unity of command).
Or its just a fancy title for someone who wants to sound important.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#62435 Dec 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> God bless. And it is all embracing, because God is a supporter of good things.
...and God embraces good things because it is the good thing to do! Good things mean something good! God wants to embrace goodness!
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#62436 Dec 2, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your problems are nothing but ignorance.
God created the earth for many purposes, one of them is existence, etc.
Think!
The thinkerer you purpose, the more god creates earth!

MY GOD! That's compelling!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#62437 Dec 2, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
How can dead mem suffering from the plagues record something? And how do any of you know they aren't historically accurate? And you can't record everything throughout time, it gets lost. And the resurrection factor is my source.
"And the resurrection factor is my source."

Sorry, you lost me here. I will comment on Jesus though. There was no Adam and Eve. Proven by Archaeological, paleoanthropology, and DNA evidence. We know for a fact that modern humans (Homo-sapiens) were alive 200,000 years ago. Since Paul connected Jesus with the 'Original Sin' of Adam and Eve and they never existed, of what use was Jesus

Level 2

Location hidden

#62439 Dec 2, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Christians should be careful not to put too much confidence and trust in science if it causes them to limit and deny the awesome power of God.
Ofcourse, but you also know that God is a God of science and wonder( ominiscience).

Level 2

Location hidden

#62440 Dec 2, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Or its just a fancy title for someone who wants to sound important.
CEO( Chief Executive Officer). A good example is, Bill Gates, Carlos Slim, etc.
They are also known as captain of industry.

Level 2

Location hidden

#62441 Dec 2, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
...and God embraces good things because it is the good thing to do! Good things mean something good! God wants to embrace goodness!
Yes. God is a God of goodness. He loves good things, because he is good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 min Spirit67_ 7,840
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 2 min andet1987 35,604
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 6 min andet1987 59,566
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 9 min Princess Hey 146,063
2words into 2new words (May '12) 9 min andet1987 2,914
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 13 min _FLATLINE-------- 11,749
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 14 min Junket 82,365
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 31 min eleanorigby 58,068
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 1 hr Northbound 8,519
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr SweLL GirL 194,470