Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,914)

Showing posts 58,261 - 58,280 of112,056
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great the bible is real enough when you think you have a good point. When your point is shown to be wrong now it's a myth.
No, very little of it is real at all. The first two books have been totally debunked. The rest of it is filled up with vile morals, errant and biased history and failed prophesies.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
Yes because if my nation were terrorized with death and plages because I wanted to hold on to some slaves than when I said they could leave I chased them down and ended up killing not only the king but my entire army too I would tell every body. That would be dumb what country is going to tell people it's army got blown away by slaves. Than what are they going tell people the sea ate them.
Is this another of your attempts at humor?

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, very little of it is real at all. The first two books have been totally debunked. The rest of it is filled up with vile morals, errant and biased history and failed prophesies.
Vile morals? Is morality the new witch? What morals? This might be off topic a bit. I want you to understand what I am saying and please don't jump to the religious freak thought first here.

I think most people look around and a major vacuum of morals the big one being honesty. The next real close to it respect and integrity. If you don't see that as a whole the world is losing these things. I'm not talking religion at all here and just real simple answer why do you think that is? If you don't see that their is a problem let me know.

Level 1

Since: May 09

Bradenton Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Eventually the two will come together as one and there will be no furthur discussion

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

MazHere wrote:
Not a word of the above has been successfully refuted.
You seem to think that if you ignore things, they don't really exist. I suppose that sort of denial is essential to maintaining you silly beliefs.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Vile morals? Is morality the new witch? What morals? This might be off topic a bit. I want you to understand what I am saying and please don't jump to the religious freak thought first here.
I think most people look around and a major vacuum of morals the big one being honesty. The next real close to it respect and integrity. If you don't see that as a whole the world is losing these things. I'm not talking religion at all here and just real simple answer why do you think that is? If you don't see that their is a problem let me know.
How about that slavery is okay. That if a guy rapes an unmarried woman he only needs to marry her and pay a small fine to the girl's father for starts.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Come back when you have read the resurrection factor. I have plenty of proof, but you have none.
Please prove god is real...Love to hear those lies

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>Is this another of your attempts at humor?
I think it's funny but true. Think about it Egypt the most powerful nation in the region gets owned by a group of slaves. Would you tell anyone?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Bat Foy, as far as honesty goes, you will never see a bigger bunch of liars than creationists. All of the players here who have presented arguments against evolution eventually begin to lie.

They seem to think that the Ninth Commandment can be violated if you are lying for God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
I think it's funny but true. Think about it Egypt the most powerful nation in the region gets owned by a group of slaves. Would you tell anyone?
It didn't really happen.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
So Maz, is Archaeopteryx a bird or not? Is it a transitional form from dinosaur to bird?
Well if I were to guess like you evos do I'd say arch and anything like it are extinct species.

Lawrence Witmer from Ohio university states that with archaeopteryx dethroned from its iconic status of earliest bird, more recently discovered fossils, including epidexipteryx, jeholornis and sapeornis, become candidates for the world’s oldest bird. However, as the authors freely admit, finding some new proto-bird fossil could again change the avian family tree and restore Archaeopteryx’s premier status.

http://www.hoxfulmonsters.com/2011/07/chinas-...

Indeed because modern birds were already around by the end of the Devonian and we have some evidence of them being around 212mya arch is no bird.

Archaeopteryx does not have a reversed hallux, the signature of a modern bird. It is therefore clear to me that it is not a bird, at least.

How about you? From the looks of the article above you evos aren't clear about anything....except you are desperate for deformed theropods.

What do you think Archaeopteryx is? A bird ancestor, aunt, sister, cousin species or none of the above??

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>How about that slavery is okay. That if a guy rapes an unmarried woman he only needs to marry her and pay a small fine to the girl's father for starts.
God didn't say that Moses did. I agree the culture was and is messed up Middle Eastern countries are still messed up from our point of view.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if I were to guess like you evos do I'd say arch and anything like it are extinct species.
Lawrence Witmer from Ohio university states that with archaeopteryx dethroned from its iconic status of earliest bird, more recently discovered fossils, including epidexipteryx, jeholornis and sapeornis, become candidates for the world’s oldest bird. However, as the authors freely admit, finding some new proto-bird fossil could again change the avian family tree and restore Archaeopteryx’s premier status.
http://www.hoxfulmonsters.com/2011/07/chinas-...
Indeed because modern birds were already around by the end of the Devonian and we have some evidence of them being around 212mya arch is no bird.
Archaeopteryx does not have a reversed hallux, the signature of a modern bird. It is therefore clear to me that it is not a bird, at least.
How about you? From the looks of the article above you evos aren't clear about anything....except you are desperate for deformed theropods.
What do you think Archaeopteryx is? A bird ancestor, aunt, sister, cousin species or none of the above??
Excellent.

So then you admit that it is the perfect transitional fossil. It has wings and feathers like a bird, but lacks the reversed hallux, has teeth, and has claws on the front of its wings.

Could you ask for an animal that was anymore halfway in between a dinosaur and a bird? I didn't think so.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>It didn't really happen.
Ok than why bother talking about it. I cooked a turkey the other day after thanksgiving. Cold turkey is some good stuff not the dark meat though its to greasy.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
God didn't say that Moses did. I agree the culture was and is messed up Middle Eastern countries are still messed up from our point of view.
You can't have it both ways. You can't say that only the "nice" parts of the Bible are inspired by God. It either is or it isn't. I go with the "isn't". That means when science clearly shows parts of the Bible to be false it is not biggee. You throw out the bad parts but keep the good. If you want to keep some nonsense in then you have to keep all nonsense in.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
Bat Foy, as far as honesty goes, you will never see a bigger bunch of liars than creationists. All of the players here who have presented arguments against evolution eventually begin to lie.

They seem to think that the Ninth Commandment can be violated if you are lying for God.
I think we have talked enough for you to know that while I believe in God I'm not stupid. I am not the church of 200 years ago I don't want to kill anyone. My belief remains unchanged I am not trying to convince you to come to Jesus and be "saved". Why do I have to ask the same questions over and over to get a answer from you people? I just want to see if you see the moral problems I see? These are not Christian or atheist issues but people issues. Honesty, respect, and integrity.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You can't have it both ways. You can't say that only the "nice" parts of the Bible are inspired by God. It either is or it isn't. I go with the "isn't". That means when science clearly shows parts of the Bible to be false it is not biggee. You throw out the bad parts but keep the good. If you want to keep some nonsense in then you have to keep all nonsense in.
Yes the bible is divinely inspired but what Moses was doing at the time was trying to establish law for a young nation. It's neat to read those parts and see Moses was is a spot he wasn't prepared for. Like if a man dig a pit and another mans donkey falls into the pit the man who dug the pit must pay for the donkey. These issues are what a leader had to deal with when they had no government. Moses also did things outside of Gods will and 40 years of wondering in the desert is what he got for it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we have talked enough for you to know that while I believe in God I'm not stupid. I am not the church of 200 years ago I don't want to kill anyone. My belief remains unchanged I am not trying to convince you to come to Jesus and be "saved". Why do I have to ask the same questions over and over to get a answer from you people? I just want to see if you see the moral problems I see? These are not Christian or atheist issues but people issues. Honesty, respect, and integrity.
I have not attributed those faults to you yet.

Yes, I agree some people can be "saved" by Jesus. Of course that does not mean he is real.

I am merely pointing out that certain parts of the Bible have been debunked. I did not say that the whole thing was debunked, let's save that for another debate. There are countless Christians who believe the theory of evolution. They still believe the latter parts of the Bible.

Don't try to make this an evolution against Christianity debate, it isn't.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the bible is divinely inspired but what Moses was doing at the time was trying to establish law for a young nation. It's neat to read those parts and see Moses was is a spot he wasn't prepared for. Like if a man dig a pit and another mans donkey falls into the pit the man who dug the pit must pay for the donkey. These issues are what a leader had to deal with when they had no government. Moses also did things outside of Gods will and 40 years of wondering in the desert is what he got for it.
No, you are still making excuses. And a lot of these flaws in the Bible are in books long after the Penteteuch.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I have just explained a buttload for having no understanding. Of course coming from you that might mean I do understand, it is hard to interpret much of what you post.
I thought you said without faith there is no science? Can you stick to one outrageous claim at a time.
One arguments can lead to another. Next ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 58,261 - 58,280 of112,056
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

207 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 min eleanorigby 34,802
what are you wearing? (Mar '12) 8 min Princess Hey 182
World CUP!!!! 9 min hamvmess 4
Message to Obama 9 min Go Blue Forever 505
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min Ami ln Miami 14,122
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 10 min Princess Hey 479
Dear judge it's not his fault... 11 min _Word_Woman_ 4
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 23 min Ami ln Miami 140,646
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr Princess Hey 62