Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 210021 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62302 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak for everyone but for me faith is knowing with out seeing. When I do something wrong God lets me know not by burning my house down or killing my first born but its like an itch I can't scratch until I make it right. The more God moves by answered prayer the stronger my faith gets. I think to some degree everyone has faith in something. I also think that everyone has a drive to understand it. I guess you don't read the bible but this desire to understand faith is in there. The dictionary can define it but until you live it faith is hard to understand fully.
No, what you are describing is gullibility, which is a synonym for faith. And no, God does not punish people directly, that is not even close to being a Biblical belief. If you think that God answered your prayer that is more probably confirmation bias than anything else.

I know that you may doubt this, but on average atheists know far more about the Bible than average Christians. In fact atheists very often tell Christians to read their Bible, they know by experience that that is the fastest route to atheism.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#62303 Dec 1, 2012
And Maz, that report from Argentina sounds reasonable. It is definitely not a peer reviewed article so I would not swear by it, but for an ancestor of today's whales that date is within the range we expect.

Do you have any objections to that report or is it simply a Red Herring to send us off the track?

Since: Sep 12

United States

#62304 Dec 1, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, what you are describing is gullibility, which is a synonym for faith. And no, God does not punish people directly, that is not even close to being a Biblical belief. If you think that God answered your prayer that is more probably confirmation bias than anything else.

I know that you may doubt this, but on average atheists know far more about the Bible than average Christians. In fact atheists very often tell Christians to read their Bible, they know by experience that that is the fastest route to atheism.
ROFL wow pay attention everyone that is the way to be arrogant.

"And no, God does not punish people directly, that is not even close to being a Biblical belief. "
Tell that to Adam and Eve , Cain , the people died in the flood, Jonah, king Saul , Moses, king David would you care for some New Testament people God punished directly?

"I know that you may doubt this, but on average atheists know far more about the Bible than average Christians."

Wrong again you really should stick to your evo theories bud. A true Christian craves the word of God lives by it studies it trying to get as close to God as they can a true Christian doesn't read it they live it. Where you see myth a Christian sees a how to manual. For atheists it's a story book at best the Ten Commandments have some ok ideas. For a Christian this is the measure by which we will be judged.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#62305 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL wow pay attention everyone that is the way to be arrogant.
"And no, God does not punish people directly, that is not even close to being a Biblical belief. "
Tell that to Adam and Eve , Cain , the people died in the flood, Jonah, king Saul , Moses, king David would you care for some New Testament people God punished directly?
"I know that you may doubt this, but on average atheists know far more about the Bible than average Christians."
Wrong again you really should stick to your evo theories bud. A true Christian craves the word of God lives by it studies it trying to get as close to God as they can a true Christian doesn't read it they live it. Where you see myth a Christian sees a how to manual. For atheists it's a story book at best the Ten Commandments have some ok ideas. For a Christian this is the measure by which we will be judged.
Those are all myths. Bedtime stories. You know, make believe.

I would not trust any of the history of the Old Testament. Yes, some of the characters are probably real, but that is about it.

United States

#62306 Dec 1, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Those are all myths. Bedtime stories. You know, make believe.

I would not trust any of the history of the Old Testament. Yes, some of the characters are probably real, but that is about it.
That's great the bible is real enough when you think you have a good point. When your point is shown to be wrong now it's a myth.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#62307 Dec 1, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look! Someone disagrees with you and they're a bully. Yeah.
What do you think chemical reactions are? They are atoms acting on their own through natural causes and methods. That's what you are, just a serious of chemical reactions.
If we are "just" a series pf chemical reactions, then please explain your own sentience, self awareness, ability to think, and your own identity as a person.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#62308 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great the bible is real enough when you think you have a good point. When your point is shown to be wrong now it's a myth.
No, very little of it is real at all. The first two books have been totally debunked. The rest of it is filled up with vile morals, errant and biased history and failed prophesies.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#62309 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
Yes because if my nation were terrorized with death and plages because I wanted to hold on to some slaves than when I said they could leave I chased them down and ended up killing not only the king but my entire army too I would tell every body. That would be dumb what country is going to tell people it's army got blown away by slaves. Than what are they going tell people the sea ate them.
Is this another of your attempts at humor?

United States

#62310 Dec 1, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, very little of it is real at all. The first two books have been totally debunked. The rest of it is filled up with vile morals, errant and biased history and failed prophesies.
Vile morals? Is morality the new witch? What morals? This might be off topic a bit. I want you to understand what I am saying and please don't jump to the religious freak thought first here.

I think most people look around and a major vacuum of morals the big one being honesty. The next real close to it respect and integrity. If you don't see that as a whole the world is losing these things. I'm not talking religion at all here and just real simple answer why do you think that is? If you don't see that their is a problem let me know.

Level 1

Since: May 09

Bradenton Fl

#62311 Dec 1, 2012
Eventually the two will come together as one and there will be no furthur discussion

Location hidden

#62312 Dec 1, 2012
MazHere wrote:
Not a word of the above has been successfully refuted.
You seem to think that if you ignore things, they don't really exist. I suppose that sort of denial is essential to maintaining you silly beliefs.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#62313 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Vile morals? Is morality the new witch? What morals? This might be off topic a bit. I want you to understand what I am saying and please don't jump to the religious freak thought first here.
I think most people look around and a major vacuum of morals the big one being honesty. The next real close to it respect and integrity. If you don't see that as a whole the world is losing these things. I'm not talking religion at all here and just real simple answer why do you think that is? If you don't see that their is a problem let me know.
How about that slavery is okay. That if a guy rapes an unmarried woman he only needs to marry her and pay a small fine to the girl's father for starts.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#62314 Dec 1, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Come back when you have read the resurrection factor. I have plenty of proof, but you have none.
Please prove god is real...Love to hear those lies

United States

#62315 Dec 1, 2012
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>Is this another of your attempts at humor?
I think it's funny but true. Think about it Egypt the most powerful nation in the region gets owned by a group of slaves. Would you tell anyone?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#62316 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy, as far as honesty goes, you will never see a bigger bunch of liars than creationists. All of the players here who have presented arguments against evolution eventually begin to lie.

They seem to think that the Ninth Commandment can be violated if you are lying for God.

Location hidden

#62317 Dec 1, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
I think it's funny but true. Think about it Egypt the most powerful nation in the region gets owned by a group of slaves. Would you tell anyone?
It didn't really happen.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Australia

#62318 Dec 1, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
So Maz, is Archaeopteryx a bird or not? Is it a transitional form from dinosaur to bird?
Well if I were to guess like you evos do I'd say arch and anything like it are extinct species.

Lawrence Witmer from Ohio university states that with archaeopteryx dethroned from its iconic status of earliest bird, more recently discovered fossils, including epidexipteryx, jeholornis and sapeornis, become candidates for the world’s oldest bird. However, as the authors freely admit, finding some new proto-bird fossil could again change the avian family tree and restore Archaeopteryx’s premier status.

http://www.hoxfulmonsters.com/2011/07/chinas-...

Indeed because modern birds were already around by the end of the Devonian and we have some evidence of them being around 212mya arch is no bird.

Archaeopteryx does not have a reversed hallux, the signature of a modern bird. It is therefore clear to me that it is not a bird, at least.

How about you? From the looks of the article above you evos aren't clear about anything....except you are desperate for deformed theropods.

What do you think Archaeopteryx is? A bird ancestor, aunt, sister, cousin species or none of the above??

United States

#62319 Dec 1, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>How about that slavery is okay. That if a guy rapes an unmarried woman he only needs to marry her and pay a small fine to the girl's father for starts.
God didn't say that Moses did. I agree the culture was and is messed up Middle Eastern countries are still messed up from our point of view.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#62320 Dec 1, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if I were to guess like you evos do I'd say arch and anything like it are extinct species.
Lawrence Witmer from Ohio university states that with archaeopteryx dethroned from its iconic status of earliest bird, more recently discovered fossils, including epidexipteryx, jeholornis and sapeornis, become candidates for the world’s oldest bird. However, as the authors freely admit, finding some new proto-bird fossil could again change the avian family tree and restore Archaeopteryx’s premier status.
http://www.hoxfulmonsters.com/2011/07/chinas-...
Indeed because modern birds were already around by the end of the Devonian and we have some evidence of them being around 212mya arch is no bird.
Archaeopteryx does not have a reversed hallux, the signature of a modern bird. It is therefore clear to me that it is not a bird, at least.
How about you? From the looks of the article above you evos aren't clear about anything....except you are desperate for deformed theropods.
What do you think Archaeopteryx is? A bird ancestor, aunt, sister, cousin species or none of the above??
Excellent.

So then you admit that it is the perfect transitional fossil. It has wings and feathers like a bird, but lacks the reversed hallux, has teeth, and has claws on the front of its wings.

Could you ask for an animal that was anymore halfway in between a dinosaur and a bird? I didn't think so.

United States

#62321 Dec 1, 2012
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>It didn't really happen.
Ok than why bother talking about it. I cooked a turkey the other day after thanksgiving. Cold turkey is some good stuff not the dark meat though its to greasy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min wichita-rick 201,170
Who won the Presidential debate 2016 ? 7 min rainbow 133
True False Game (Jun '11) 8 min A_Visitor 12,765
Word Association (Mar '10) 15 min A_Visitor 21,307
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? (Nov '14) 16 min A_Visitor 1,085
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 18 min A_Visitor 4,248
Word Association. (Nov '10) 19 min A_Visitor 19,884
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr A_Visitor 9,170
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 2 hr mike 473
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 3 hr Anti Religious 8,996