Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
57,961 - 57,980 of 115,331 Comments Last updated 47 min ago
Portal

Tampa, FL

#62050 Nov 30, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>No miracle. Most current religions have a sacred text or texts. What would be a miracle is for people to realize that it is not the absolute word of God, but a book translated through a dozen languages during its development with material based on previous religions and stories from other cultures and the fnial copy we have has had the contents cherry picked with what is included. That would be a true miracle.
I was raised in a Southern Baptist church and then a United Methodist Church. Growing up under this tutelage, I found that a literal interpretation of the Bible was often at odds with the facts, was rigid and regressive and often led to contradictions in its understanding. A strict interpretation of the Bible is not a prerequiste for belief in God. The Bible is full of a lot of wisdom, but as any text written by men, is not without error. God doesn't want blind fools that never grow or develop and that is what a literal interpretation creates.
Religion is a learned....A LEARNED human animal behvior....nothing more. Wait, let the brainwashing continue!!!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#62052 Nov 30, 2012
MazHere wrote:
Let’s recap shall we.
1. Creationist predictions are continuing to be validated with the expectation that 100% of the genome is likely to be found to be functional.
This validation comes after evolutionists shoved junk dna down creos throats as proof TOE was true, there was no designer and creos were idiots. Now they scurry off in shame, suggest TOE never could make a prediction around non coding dna but creos can clearly see just whom the idiots really are!
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketsc...
2. Creationists predictions around vestigial organs are continuing to be validated by evolutionists finding that these left over functionless organs do indeed have function. This validation comes after evolutionists found function in these organs and had to toddle off and redefine the definition of vestigial to reflect ‘a different’ function.
http://www.naturalnews.com/022914_appendix_gu...
3. Fossil evidence that is more in line with creationism then TOE. The Genesis account was the oldest account published that suggests the alignment of the fossil record from plants to creatures of the sea, then land animals and lastly mankind. Evos were not the first to come up with this line up. Whales and birds are the only ones that evos have out of biblical alignment.
Surprise, surprise they have been having trouble with these two ever since. Evos are still confused over whale bones found in strata dated to 290mya and have had to invent mythical theropods to wear a reversed hallux although not one single theropod ever found has modern avian feet. The data supports creationism and the woffle supports TOE.
http://www.ehow.com/list_7182299_fossils-foun...
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v417/n68...
You are SO full of batspit..

Level 9

Tenerife

#62053 Nov 30, 2012
MazHere wrote:
4. Beneficial mutations have an overwhelmingly negative effect due to epistasis. All the recent data supports this. Clearly this is evidence in support of creationism and an organisms inability to limitlessly adapt for billions of years. Evos have come up with many theoretical assumptions to explain this in evolutionary terms and why TOE is not falsified. Hence the data supports creationism and the woffle supports TOE.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6034/11...
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6034/11...
5. All data suggests the genome is deteriorating. Again this is creationist support demonstrating that adaptation is limited. Again evos have to toddle off and come up with some story and convoluted hypothesis as to why a deteriorating genome does not falsify TOE. The data supports creationism and the woffle supports TOE.
http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info:doi/1...
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...
http://www.naturalnews.com/021220_genetic_mod...
6. Evolutionary supports are derived from arbitrary and pick a box morphological and genomic homology that changes like the wind and biased algorithmic magic that is no better than any algorithmic magic a creationist can provide. This is supported by an evolutionary history of falsifications, instability and change.
http://www.nature.com/news/studies-slow-the-h...
None of the above links are to creationist sites, Some speak to published data. Many of the above links are to the actual peer reviewed work.
Conclusion: Creationist views are supported by research data. Evolutionary views are supported by excuses, woffle, rhetoric and pure speculation.
And evos can do no more than woffle on in their defence.
You know that you can quote all the creationist crap you want to debating this or that point and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference when we can scientifically determine that Adam and Eve never existed and that mankind IS related to the great ape family.

It can be demonstrated by Archaeology, Paleoanthropology and DNA (probably a few other 'ologies' too) and the only thing you can do about it is ignore the evidence or the facts. Your phony religion IS going down my friend..:-)

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Southampton, UK

#62055 Nov 30, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my bully of a God can sink your physics. Why if God can create everything in 6 days while you say billions of years can the same God beat mr Einsteins THEORY? All powerful God trumps super smart guy. I believe it was you who told me it isn't science fact until it can be tested as it is impossible for man to test infinite power it is just a very educated guess by a very smart man. Who by the way also believed in God.
Oh dear - don't keep up with current affairs, do you? Einstein was a Jew, so you would not subscribe to the God his religion of birth worshipped. Secondly, he regarded religion as "childish superstition".
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/may/12...

Do at least try to be accurate in your postings.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#62056 Nov 30, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the American revolution was not over freedom but was because a bunch of rich whites didn't want to give up slaves or pay taxes. The civil war wasn't about slaves but hold the country together. Thanksgiving is the holiday where we get together with family and friends and celebrate the distraction theft and rape of an entire race of people. The United States bought Louisiana from a French dictator hell bent on global conquest. The winner rights the history books and the loser doesn't always want to talk about it. The shame felt by Germans over hitler the shame felt by America or Nixon and LBJ we don't like to tell our kids about slavery or how we killed the native Americans off and stuck them on reservations.
Good lord, for once I find myself agreeing with some of one of your posts, although technically, Napoleon does not beocme emperor until 1804. However, to post of Hitler in the same sentence as Nixon (much as I despise that crook) and LBJ (who I rergard as one of the reasonabvly good guys, as far as any politician can be that) does strike me as a little imbalanced in approach. I do, nonetheless, follow the point you are attempting to make.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#62057 Nov 30, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
No links and only opinionated woffle as opposed to a substatial post. You're reply demonstrates what a pitiful goose you and your cohorts are.
You loose. I win.
End of discussion with you.
Not very clear about substantiating evidence are you?

1. It needs to be current.
2. It needs to be minstream, peer reviewed material.
3. It needs to support the argument you are making.

Since you have failed on all three counts, how do you work out that you win?

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#62058 Nov 30, 2012
MazHere wrote:
I just love watching evos prattle on about philosophy and hubris on an evolution/creation debating thread and avoiding any discussing science.
I'l make sure to repost those posts to remind them all how hopeless they all are.
That also adds weights, Kong, to these evos, and your cohorts actually being empty vessels of hubris.
BTW, I like earth at the centre of the universe better than the mysteries of dark matter and a universe filled with 96% of something imagined to make their physics less problematic.
http://wallacegsmith.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...
A link to a blog on which any fool can post all the rubbish going you regard as a valid substantiation? You must be a legend in your own mind, but sadly, in no one else's. I'm waiting for you now to post the earth is flat with some spurious link. BTW, science does not give a flying f"*k what you like, science works to provable facts.

Level 9

Tenerife

#62059 Nov 30, 2012
I NEVER thought I would agree with anything that Pat Robertson of the 700 Club. The guy is for the most part batspit crazy.

However read the following from Hufpo:

Pat Robertson, the controversial televangelist and host of the Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club," is said to have stunned many of his viewers on Tuesday when he dispelled the idea -- held dear by many Biblical creationists -- that Earth is only 6,000 years old.

He went on to say that Christians should not "cover up" scientific evidence that shows the Earth to be much, much older.

“Look, I know that people will probably try to lynch me when I say this, but Bishop [James] Ussher wasn't inspired by the Lord when he said that it all took 6,000 years. It just didn't.

You go back in time, you've got radiocarbon dating. You got all these things and you've got the carcasses of dinosaurs frozen in time out in the Dakotas.”

“They're out there. So, there was a time when these giant reptiles were on the Earth and it was before the time of the Bible. So, don't try and cover it up and make like everything was 6,000 years. That's not the Bible.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/28/pat-...

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#62061 Nov 30, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on evos, admit the best you can do is scurry off down the garden path to evasion.
Re-posting rubbish does not dilute the rubbish. Strange how it is only a fringe group in the USA that holds the views you do whilst the rest of the scientific world spend a little time laughing at them and even less bothering with them. Any idea why that might be?

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#62062 Nov 30, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
{Edited to remove spurious rubbish]
You're welcome to have faith in any mutation rate and woffle you want. However if you are suggesting that the hubris you came up with above actually means anything in explaining why all data suggests the genome is deteriorating, you are sadly mistaken.
No, it is you that has faith, you believe a mysterius superbeing did everything in 6 days. Dig out. You philosophy, your choice. Trouble is, scientists don't use the word faith. They may use conjecture, they may postulate theories, but at the heart of what they do is evidence, provable, substantiated evidence. Evidence such as there was no worldwide flood as archaeology has shown. Evidence that although the Bible claims the walls of Jericho were brought tumbling down by trumpets, at the time Jericho was not a walled city (also archaeology).

Perhaps you may realise the difference between faith-based interpretations and science-based ones, but I am not hopeful. The creationist approach lacks any mainstream acceptance because of this very problem - the leap of faith, not facts.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#62063 Nov 30, 2012
MazHere wrote:
Woops forgot the link
For instance, the slowest proposed mutation rate puts the common ancestor of humans and orang-utans at 40 million years ago, he says: more than 20 million years before dates derived from abundant fossil evidence. This very slow clock has the common ancestor of monkeys and humans co-existing with the last dinosaurs.“It gets very complicated,” deadpans Reich
http://www.nature.com/news/studies-slow-the-h...
So now you lot can just picj whastever rate you want and call that empirical evidence. Great work, you lot!
Did you actually read and understand the link you provided? I can only imagine not, as it fully supports the evolutionary approach. I am trying to stop my jaw dropping at the own goal you have just scored.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#62064 Nov 30, 2012
MazHere wrote:
[Edited to remove BS]
Conclusion: Creationist views are supported by research data. Evolutionary views are supported by excuses, woffle, rhetoric and pure speculation.
And evos can do no more than woffle on in their defence.
Really? Strange how the rest of the scientific world does not agree with your conclusion. Creationism taught in Ivy League universities? Nope. Creaationism taught in Oxford, Cambridge and London unversities? Nope. Creationism taught at the Sorbonne? Nope. Creationism taught in Berlin, Munich, Heidelburg universities? Nope. The list is endless.

Hot news for you - sticking your fingers in your ears and trilling "la, la, la, can't hear what I don't like" will not change mainstream science. But please don't stop - it's giving me loads of laughs. Oh, btw, it's spelt waffle - at least try to get that right if you want to wear out the word.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#62065 Nov 30, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Re-posting rubbish does not dilute the rubbish. Strange how it is only a fringe group in the USA that holds the views you do whilst the rest of the scientific world spend a little time laughing at them and even less bothering with them. Any idea why that might be?
Hey!! Don't blame Maz on us. She is another Aussie like Russell. Don't give her any ideas though. We don't want her to pull a Ken Ham.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#62066 Nov 30, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.
I think you may be actually willing to learn stuff here.
Try this: if killing children is "sending the child to God", what of abortion?
Careful Mac - you know how logic causes fundie fuses to blow!

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Southampton, UK

#62067 Nov 30, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!! Don't blame Maz on us. She is another Aussie like Russell. Don't give her any ideas though. We don't want her to pull a Ken Ham.
My humblest apologies - it's just that the USA has the lion's share of these creationist wingnuts and I made an assumptioon without checking the avatar. Should have quoted which Ozzie universities don't teach creationism to her as well!

In passing, you are aware of the difference between an Ozzie and a yoghurt? Leave a yoghurt long enough and it will develop a culture of its own.

Have a good one.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#62068 Nov 30, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>All of the bad stuff is certainly not because of my religion
Reflect on 2 Peter.

Here God "says" that we can participate in his divine nature. I don't think this makes anyone divine but many will assume that they are more divine because of their faith.

The perception that people can and have drawn can divide humanity as separate ideas and religious infrastructures clash violently. Or, the faithful can attribute a cause to a natural disaster assuming that "God" was displeased with those who didn't participate in the divine path.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#62069 Nov 30, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hummm.... how many lives does creationism save every year?
Evolutionary Medicine (including genetics, immunology, Epidemiology ...) saves millions each year.
The new HIV vaccination. Based on creationism or evolutionary medicine?
Creationism is useful as toilet paper if it printed on soft material.
And that's about it.
What's up Dogen? Is asking the hard questions too hard for yoiu evolutionists?

What a woffle of a reply in comparison to my posts.

TOE was not responsible for HIV vaccine at all.

In fact if anything, I think evolutionary theory is exactly what is interfering with researchers obtaining a vaccine that actually works above a placebo effect.

Epic disaster in HIV vaccine world

http://scienceblogs.com/erv/2012/05/31/epic-d...

Do you evos think if you scratch around long enough and evade with every aside possible, you may someday score a point?

As you see all evolutionists on this thread have diverted to talking about philosophy and basically staying as far away from science and research as they possibly can. I can't say as I blame you!

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#62070 Nov 30, 2012
Portal wrote:
<quoted text>Religion is a learned....A LEARNED human animal behvior....nothing more. Wait, let the brainwashing continue!!!
Oh and I suppose all the quackery around junk dna and human knucklewalking delusion is not learned.

You evos are inculcated into the faith at a young age.

By the time evos are of adult age they are unable to distinguish a human from a bunch of apes like any child is able to do with ease.

Evos will then argue their taxonomic woffle, jump up and down and stomp their feet and struggle in insisting that humans are apes.

Ape is not even a taxonomic term.

Here is John Hawkes an evolutionary proffessor and teacher of biology.

I resolve this problem by recognizing that neither "ape" nor "monkey" is a taxonomic term. We have good terms for the monophyletic groups -- "hominoids" are apes + humans, "anthropoids" are apes + humans + monkeys. We can recognize that apes are not monkeys (because they aren't), and we can recognize in the same way that humans are not apes (because we aren't).
http://johnhawks.net/weblog/topics/phylogeny/...

I'd say your faith, TOE is as equally learned. Let the faith continue because I like to see evos fall flat on their faces on a regular basis.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#62071 Nov 30, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is Charles with his pants pulled down around his ankles.
Babbling. Grow up.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#62072 Nov 30, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up Dogen? Is asking the hard questions too hard for yoiu evolutionists?
What a woffle of a reply in comparison to my posts.
TOE was not responsible for HIV vaccine at all.
In fact if anything, I think evolutionary theory is exactly what is interfering with researchers obtaining a vaccine that actually works above a placebo effect.
Epic disaster in HIV vaccine world
http://scienceblogs.com/erv/2012/05/31/epic-d...
Do you evos think if you scratch around long enough and evade with every aside possible, you may someday score a point?
As you see all evolutionists on this thread have diverted to talking about philosophy and basically staying as far away from science and research as they possibly can. I can't say as I blame you!
Your dishonesty knows no bounds. One vaccine, in 2009, had bad results, but still showed promise. It's 2012, and within that short 3 years, they have come a lot closer, but you don't care about that bit, you don't even want them to find a cure, because you would rather people die of a horrible disease than admit you don't know anything about the theory you are attempting to discredit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min the wandering girl 145,549
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 23 min the wandering girl 8,980
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 25 min the wandering girl 17,600
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 27 min the wandering girl 5,914
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 29 min the wandering girl 77,260
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 32 min the wandering girl 1,338
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 34 min the wandering girl 6,547
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 54 min Nobody 2 Special 36,051
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Nobody 2 Special 18,711
Women Hid Stolen Watches in Their Vaginas in Bi... 3 hr wichita-rick 28
Body bizarre: Meet the man born with his head U... 5 hr Husker D 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search