Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,897)

Showing posts 57,921 - 57,940 of106,021
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>I have read it, several times cover to cover – It’s not a particularly good book, the film is better.

That faith is still faith, it is not fact – to claim that faith is fact is nothing more than lying to yourself
So you say faith is a lie I would love to see you show one piece of evidence to support that. I will argue you can't define faith for your lack of understanding.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Again as I am not God I don't know when these discussions come up inevitably someone asks an unfair question like this. My nephew has a condition where he was born with his bones fused together of the doctors don't figure out a way to operate on him his insides will continue to grow and his rib cage will not. Left unchanged he will be dead in a few months. It hurts me to think of him having to suffer it hurts thinking that even if the can repair his bones he will always be slow and in pain. I do however take comfort knowing that blessed are the pure in heart for they will see the face of God I don't blame God I thank him because Eli will be ok.
Why is it unfair?

The claim is that god did it If you want to accept that god did it then you must accept that he did it all good and bad, nothing unfair about it.

The alternative is there was/is no god to do it and such bad bits as childhood leukaemia and ankylosing spondylitis are to some extent genetic.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Your opinion.
You don't believe in brain scans?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Your opinion.
Don't have a dog?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Psychology Today disagrees with you:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/canine-co...
No. No disagreement. I am speaking from experience and evidence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Ofcourse he died of a disease, but what aggravated or sped off the rate of the disease?
It was his own in ability to successfully construct the, " Analytical Engine".
I'm sure his advanced age had nothing to do with that at all.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say faith is a lie I would love to see you show one piece of evidence to support that. I will argue you can't define faith for your lack of understanding.
No I say faith is not fact, you can always look up the definitions of faith and fact, you will see a large difference, here let me do it for you, one means

trust or confidence in someone or something a strong belief in god or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof

The other means

A thing that is indisputably the case - something that actually exists

Not quite the same thing and Ill leave you to guess which is which

People often lie to back up their faith.

People often lie to themselves to hold onto their faith

You can argue all you want but that will in no way invalidate the meanings of the words

However you are perfectly entitled to lie to yourself over the meaning of the words

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>Hahaha what does a dog dream mostly it must be running they always chase something it seems...
Yes lol.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
For? Not sure but *in* In it to be assured that both exist I would say yes...
Life is, until something happens...that which transcends death would be an un-known unless we can agree on that it is not God but of other form which brings life back (God to have had Jesus the main man of Saving sent forth to bring back all that which gets taken daily...It's all in how we experience things and maybe Life itself to begin with?
I am positive that a female form to what an experience a light is within...a warmth to one's own knowledge...
To have been saved maybe for many that happens differently I hope we are not going to bite each others's heads of for having been saved? I mean that would be like the real end of the world to people's existing...
One must question to what some have experienced.. their death to have been, why and how and have many come through?
I want you to know that as long as there is a sure assurance for life, so, there is also for death.
Born to live and born die( mortal).

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it unfair?

The claim is that god did it – If you want to accept that god did it then you must accept that he did it all good and bad, nothing unfair about it.

The alternative is there was/is no god to do it and such bad bits as childhood leukaemia and ankylosing spondylitis are to some extent genetic.
I'm sorry not the question is unfair children stuffing is unfair. This is a place where God and I disagree. Babies shouldn't ever be sick. I don't always agree with what God says or does but will always obey and know that sometimes I don't know.

“America -God's Favorite Cuntry”

Since: Aug 12

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe in brain scans?
Apparently you haven't realized that we christians don't accept any of those scientific findings. In general it's safe to say that most of us christians are scientifically illiterate and therefore not inclined to accept the results of scientific investigations, especially when the implications cause friction with our core delusions. Unless of course, we get sick and are in need of scientifically founded medical treatment. In this case we like science. It's kinda a double standard we haven't worked out yet. Probably because our numb minds aren't capable of contemplating these things.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read it, several times cover to cover Its not a particularly good book, the film is better.
That faith is still faith, it is not fact to claim that faith is fact is nothing more than lying to yourself
Faith is a reality.
It is applicable not only in the bible or christian perspective, it is all embracing. It cuts accross inventions, researches, explorations, etc.
Scientist never gave or give after several failed attempts. This is an act of faith.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>No I say faith is not fact, you can always look up the definitions of faith and fact, you will see a large difference, here let me do it for you, one means

trust or confidence in someone or something – a strong belief in god or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof

The other means

A thing that is indisputably the case - something that actually exists

Not quite the same thing and I’ll leave you to guess which is which

People often lie to back up their faith.

People often lie to themselves to hold onto their faith

You can argue all you want but that will in no way invalidate the meanings of the words

However you are perfectly entitled to lie to yourself over the meaning of the words
Just because you are shut off to God doesn't mean I am you don't speak for me. I'm sorry for what happend to make you stop believing but your hate of God sticks out. Also you still failed to show evidence that faith doesn't exist you have an opinion a flawed man made opinion.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that Christianity doesn't work because all two thousand years of Christians have died without fail.
Charles, you might as well be preaching with your pants down around your ankles. You don't have a scrap of credibility.
Read for comprehension. I was only making a point.
People that are sound and fit medically are willing to give up their lives for what they believe, this is an act of faith.
This alone made emperior Constantine to have a rethink.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry not the question is unfair children stuffing is unfair. This is a place where God and I disagree. Babies shouldn't ever be sick. I don't always agree with what God says or does but will always obey and know that sometimes I don't know.
Your choice

Personally I would not want to believe a god that is proven cannot exist in this universe and who is claimed to be the worlds first mass murder, the killer of children and apologist for rape and slavery, bad tempered and selfish are only runners up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you haven't realized that we christians don't accept any of those scientific findings. In general it's safe to say that most of us christians are scientifically illiterate and therefore not inclined to accept the results of scientific investigations, especially when the implications cause friction with our core delusions. Unless of course, we get sick and are in need of scientifically founded medical treatment. In this case we like science. It's kinda a double standard we haven't worked out yet. Probably because our numb minds aren't capable of contemplating these things.
I don't fully agree with evolution. Evolution is one small part of science. Thats like because you don't like tennis you can't watch football.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Faith is a reality.
It is applicable not only in the bible or christian perspective, it is all embracing. It cuts accross inventions, researches, explorations, etc.
Scientist never gave or give after several failed attempts. This is an act of faith.
Nope look up the meaning

Your interpretation is irrelevant to the fact that faith is nothing more than belief, its in the mind, its not real and calling faith reality amounts to lying to yourself. Thank you for proving my point

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Again as I am not God I don't know when these discussions come up inevitably someone asks an unfair question like this. My nephew has a condition where he was born with his bones fused together of the doctors don't figure out a way to operate on him his insides will continue to grow and his rib cage will not. Left unchanged he will be dead in a few months. It hurts me to think of him having to suffer it hurts thinking that even if the can repair his bones he will always be slow and in pain. I do however take comfort knowing that blessed are the pure in heart for they will see the face of God I don't blame God I thank him because Eli will be ok.
What's unfair about that question? You are the one telling us that there 1) is a god and that 2) he is almighty, 3) good, kind, benevolent .

Would a good deity punish our kids with cancer? Or poverty? Or HIV?

You ever really thought critically about this?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't fully agree with evolution. Evolution is one small part of science. Thats like because you don't like tennis you can't watch football.
Wrong. Evolution is a massive theory, spanning millions of facts, thousands of dissertations and tens of thousands of hypothesis.

It is the unifying theory of biology. It also stretches its tentacles into every other naural science - physics, geology, anthropology, paleontology all provide evidence into this theory.

You do not agree with it, because you are relatively uneducated in the natural sciences. We do not blame you, there is no law against it. But it pisses someone like me off, who has more knowledge of the Mesozoic Era paleontology than anyone save scholars, to hear a layman utter nonsense like 'there were dinosaurs on Noah's ark'

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Your choice

Personally I would not want to believe a god that is proven cannot exist in this universe and who is claimed to be the worlds first mass murder, the killer of children and apologist for rape and slavery, bad tempered and selfish are only runners up
Who proved God can't exist? Where does God claim to be the first mass murder? Man commits rape man started slavery. As for selfish sending your son to die so that a bunch of ungrateful people can spit in his face and turn away from him all for the chance some might choose him and make heaven. Yeah that sounds selfish.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 57,921 - 57,940 of106,021
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••