Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,893)

Showing posts 57,841 - 57,860 of106,299
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>Lets look at infant mortality rates over just the last hundred years. Is it increasing or decreasing with the slow demise of prayer?
Lets look at the disorder of our schools. The increase in drugs suicide increase of depression child abuse with the rapid demise of prayer. The moral standard of the world is at an all time low we went from a clear line of wrong and right to no wrong no right just people. Even if you deny the existence of God the lessons of Jesus love hope peace. Is that really so bad?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>So, according to your imagination if faith is not reality why do people die for it despite the persecutions?
Many sane people medically had and have all died as a result of their faith. What is the driving force?
I have killed the deer. I have crushed the grasshopper. And the plants he feeds upon. I have taken fish from the water. And birds from the sky. In my life I have needed death So that my life can be. When I die I must give life To what has nourished me. The earth receives my body And gives it to the plants And to the caterpillars To the birds And to the coyotes Each in its own turn so that the circle of life is never broken.

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text> What evidence do you have my faith is misplaced?
Maybe you are challenging a point that I wasn't making. I was trying to get a handle on the difference between faith and confidence. I formally believed they were close to the same thing, except that faith was more the "feeling" that goes with great confidence. These days I notice a kind of insistence that "faith" is something beyond mere confidence. Maybe it has been that way long since, but I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Tell me. In some contexts "faith" still means having great confidence, is that not so? In such contexts one might define it as confidence to the point of "feeling" certain, and yet be mindful that a human's feeling of certainty may leave much to be desired depending on his understanding of all the factors in play.

I am stuck, with the idea that faith is just an extreme of confidence in all cases. If so, I still recommend that confidence or faith, either one, be backed up with plenty of evidence, and repeatability by everyone else, like they say science is supposed to do. That kind of confidence or faith seems to me to have more merit.

I don't get this other context where "faith" is supposed to float free of ordinary evidence and become different from mere confidence. So I am asking is not my recommendation about good evidence, obvious to all not a better accessory to faith or confidence than faith that does not need evidence? Or if not, where am I missing the point?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm both died at old ages I do believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.
They all died as a result of their faith they had in their selves.
This is how Christianity works. Faith.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

DIE for Faith? People die through diseases because of a hand to man or of one's self, but what has faith with death itself to do?
Not a thing...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You got that straight! Now was that so hard? Whoever the jerk was that told you that you look good in drag...he lied.
Oh well...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem I'm not sure why that link isn't good enough for what you guys were talking about I thought it was neat.
Please, go through it.
The link you gave is credited to Cyril Babaev.
The evidence are clearly stated in his works.

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> They all died as a result of their faith they had in their selves.
Faith to have that within a feeling of what you believe that which can take you along that is not DEATH!!!

Christianity may so have it that you would believe that that it was not of man an illness maybe or that which you had to choose really the faith in that to believe than one must they say as well choose always a side?

Not so AT ALL....

I don't think so...

Hmmm good night...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>Lets look at the disorder of our schools. The increase in drugs suicide increase of depression child abuse with the rapid demise of prayer. The moral standard of the world is at an all time low we went from a clear line of wrong and right to no wrong no right just people. Even if you deny the existence of God the lessons of Jesus love hope peace. Is that really so bad?
Is it really that? Or, is it a result of how our society is going. Seems as soon as the paddle was taken out of the hands of parents and teachers the number of thug rats exploded. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets look at infant mortality rates over just the last hundred years. Is it increasing or decreasing with the slow demise of prayer?
You are again looking at one side of the coin.
Despite the advent of medicine through science and technology, people are still dying daily, monthly and yearly.
If the people of old did not survived( without the use of medicine) there would be no us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>They all died as a result of their faith they had in their selves.
Michael Faraday death is unspecified. Charles Babbage died of cystitis.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
I have killed the deer. I have crushed the grasshopper. And the plants he feeds upon. I have taken fish from the water. And birds from the sky. In my life I have needed death So that my life can be. When I die I must give life To what has nourished me. The earth receives my body And gives it to the plants And to the caterpillars To the birds And to the coyotes Each in its own turn so that the circle of life is never broken.
Whatever!
And that has also taught us some lessons and that is dust to dust.
We all came from the soil and we all shall return to the soil- Biblical sources and quotations.

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

The debates to all of it has been an ongoing since of Time...

Chairs have been pushed out of the way the last one to get up...

I think that has already been happening to the years of a passing...

Time travels as does sound...

I don't know though to it's speed compared to light years sound how fast does it move...

To an arrival one just has to ponder what so called Christian man were thinking...

When first to entrance
they have grabbed that through a birth to one of an utmost up held to what could have been any higher as to there was that a one a beginning of all things to what a of greatest sin and it would be so...

Law makers and to what all new if there is anything left to save of the way that some things still mean somethings...

If one starts to feel like there absolutely is no hope no life left to live one can not help but ask the question WHY ...

And no there's no hidden anything to what a plain reason to wonder to ponder how things are presented played we are playing here to the point to know to an absolute to take it that far and then tell someone to be strong to what a being must feel?????

And to someone's child a mother must be part of watch???? MUST BE?????

Someone better can explain that more fully because if there is no better sense amongst and people can't speak clearer or they don't get it...

Than I don't know why it would continue life in America I really can't see that happening either...

So Faith and believe there better be some outward to what a not Religious way of dealing and coping is...

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Again, i am throwing this open to the house, since Drew Smith is not man enough. Please, i want any of you to check the work of Cyril Babaev, his works, quotes and link is on the internet. Expecting your responses. Thanks.
You're being stupid. I read your "source" (and I put source in quotation marks because I doubt you've read it), and all he says is that old english is more similar to german than modern english is to german.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You are again looking at one side of the coin.
Despite the advent of medicine through science and technology, people are still dying daily, monthly and yearly.
If the people of old did not survived( without the use of medicine) there would be no us.
Nope. Back then fewer people had grandparents. That's all.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Please, go through it.
The link you gave is credited to Cyril Babaev.
The evidence are clearly stated in his works.
Evidence of what? What is your exact claim?

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever!
We all came from the soil and we all shall return to the soil- Biblical sources and quotations.
So can we shovel your hole?

We'll do it cheaper than a funeral...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Tinka wrote:
DIE for Faith? People die through diseases because of a hand to man or of one's self, but what has faith with death itself to do?
Not a thing...
Yes, but not in all cases.
People despite the persecutions will still be ready to give their lives for their faith or beliefs. Have you bothered to ask your self why?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever!
Does the bible say that you go back to soil and stay there? Nope. The saved become slaves to the throne. Read your bible.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith to have that within a feeling of what you believe that which can take you along that is not DEATH!!!
Christianity may so have it that you would believe that that it was not of man an illness maybe or that which you had to choose really the faith in that to believe than one must they say as well choose always a side?
Not so AT ALL....
I don't think so...
Hmmm good night...
Your opinion any way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 57,841 - 57,860 of106,299
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••