Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
57,721 - 57,740 of 112,852 Comments Last updated 25 min ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Read the bible and see what faith did in the lives of those believers that applied it.
That faith is still applicable (tenable) to date.
Faith is reality...
'Faith is reality"?

Having your imagination obstruct your instinctual intuition isn't reality.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Suck it up. You are just another moron that does not know what peer reviewed research looks like. Quacker!
Good thing I am not, I would have to keep company with you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>No assertions here, except you just wanted to make things up. Some Surgical or Medical doctors do apply faith through prayers and it is really working for them unlike others who do not.
If this was even remotely true prayer would have extended the average life span not modern medicine.

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>I repeat, as usual, got any *quotes* from your "authority"?
No, I didn't think so.
You've never even read his book, obviously.

The only "loser" here is the person who is asking for their critics to remain silent. I guess that's your only option when you can't support your claims with evidence.

Charles Idemi wrote, "Cyril Babaev's work is on the internet."

Prove it. Provide a link to a document written by him in which he says that modern Germans can understand Old English.

If you don't, we'll know you're lying.
http://babaev.tripod.com/archive/grammar43.ht...
I'm not to sure but I think this is the evidence you want I used google

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>If this was even remotely true prayer would have extended the average life span not modern medicine.
This would be assuming the average person prayed wouldn't it? Or that the answer to that prayer wasn't medicine.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://babaev.tripod.com/archive/grammar43.ht...
I'm not to sure but I think this is the evidence you want I used google
Too bad nothing on that page says that modern Germans can understand Old English.

It says only that "there is much more in common between Old English and German, than between Modern English and German."

Of course, one can just as easily say that there is much more in common between Modern English and Sanskrit then between Modern English and Chinese, but that doesn't mean that speakers of Modern English understand Sanskrit, does it?

I'm afraid that Charlie's "authority" doesn't support his claim.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>'Faith is reality"?

Having your imagination obstruct your instinctual intuition isn't reality.
So you don't believe in God nor faith. Having faith is the act of belief no matter what you call it. Faith is real. Please stick to your science and leave faith to the faithful. Science can debate faith all it wants you won't disprove it.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who digressed from the topic. What a lying little hypocrite you are.
And yes, when you make a positive statement in a debate you are the one who must supply the evidence that supports your argument. The other side merely has to point out that you made a statement without evidence.
You have no idea how a scientific debate goes. We as evolutionists can supply all sorts of scientific evidence that supports the theory of evolution. You BY DEFINITION cannot provide scientific evidence that supports your side.
Scientific evidence supports or refutes a scientific theory or hypothesis. Without a scientific theory or hypothesis scientific evidence does not apply. Your side is too afraid to come up with scientific hypotheses, and remember you need to have a hypothesis before it can become a theory, since hypotheses are testable.
Though you cannot recreate "creation" if it occurred it should have left evidence behind. The observation of that evidence should enable you to make a hypothesis and when you have done that we can test it.
Until then when it comes to scientific evidence you do not have any.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_evide...
Excellent reply SZ.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad nothing on that page says that modern Germans can understand Old English.

It says only that "there is much more in common between Old English and German, than between Modern English and German."

Of course, one can just as easily say that there is much more in common between Modern English and Sanskrit then between Modern English and Chinese, but that doesn't mean that speakers of Modern English understand Sanskrit, does it?

I'm afraid that Charlie's "authority" doesn't support his claim.
I was just providing a link. I have no idea what connects one language to another. Not my field of study you know.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

New York City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/T9QUH2O...
something to think about.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent reply SZ.
Than you. The last week or so I have been running through the definition of scientific evidence with several of our creationist "friends". Though they are quick to agree that scientific evidence should be agreed upon by everyone. And some even agree with the definition of scientific evidence that allows evidence to be used regardless of personal biases. Yet when it comes to admitting that there is scientific evidence for evolution all of them, with the possible exception of Bat Foy, have gone straight into denial mode.

That shows that they lack basic honesty. There are creationists that will admit to the fact that scientific evidence supports evolution and yet they still believe creationism. Though deluded they are at least honest. Our group, sadly, is both deluded and dishonest.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
I have no idea what connects one language to another.
Really?

You might find this enlightening, then:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_familie...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>This would be assuming the average person prayed wouldn't it? Or that the answer to that prayer wasn't medicine.
Thousands of years people prayed and sacrificed for cures. In the last few centuries people searched and found cures. I'll take the medical degree over imaginatively hoping anytime.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't believe in God nor faith. Having faith is the act of belief no matter what you call it. Faith is real. Please stick to your science and leave faith to the faithful. Science can debate faith all it wants you won't disprove it.
By all means, stay faithful. I hope all your dreams come true and you become that slave to He that sits upon the golden throne.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
I hope all your dreams come true and you become that slave to He that sits upon the golden throne.
Nobody should be a slave to anyone or anything.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

New York City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

brush lee

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

its a lie told by hat wearing humans told to countless bowls of fruits and nuts

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

LOL, I found a new term in a Dawkins interview:

http://old.richarddawkins.net/articles/646818...

The term is "Tooth fairy agnostic". You grant that there may be a possibility of god's existence, but it is about the same as the odds of the tooth fairy existing.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>By all means, stay faithful. I hope all your dreams come true and you become that slave to He that sits upon the golden throne.
I'm not a slave to God I choose to serve. I choose to serve because God has been faithful to me. Being a Christian doesn't mean we all hate science and don't go to the doctor. I think science is neat and does some really cool stuff it saves lives and heals people. I have asthma I use an inhaler.
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
LOL, I found a new term in a Dawkins interview:
http://old.richarddawkins.net/articles/646818...
The term is "Tooth fairy agnostic". You grant that there may be a possibility of god's existence, but it is about the same as the odds of the tooth fairy existing.
Oh great, I've officially been defined, next time I fill out a form I know what to put under 'religeon'

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••