Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 220543 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#61851 Nov 30, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're being stupid. I read your "source" (and I put source in quotation marks because I doubt you've read it), and all he says is that old english is more similar to german than modern english is to german.
If you don't mind you are stupid.
In his works, he gave us an insight on the closeness of old English to modern German.
And he also made mention of old English having a closer relationship with modern German than modern English.
Until then, keep babbling.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#61852 Nov 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever!
And that has also taught us some lessons and that is dust to dust.
We all came from the soil and we all shall return to the soil- Biblical sources and quotations.
Most U.S. cemeteries insist on grave liners so that human remains do not mix with the soil around the coffin.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funeral_Rule#Out... ;

We don't really recycle ourselves to fertilize the Earth and feed the worms.

Since: Sep 12

Prairie Village, KS

#61853 Nov 30, 2012
AustinHook wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you are challenging a point that I wasn't making. I was trying to get a handle on the difference between faith and confidence. I formally believed they were close to the same thing, except that faith was more the "feeling" that goes with great confidence. These days I notice a kind of insistence that "faith" is something beyond mere confidence. Maybe it has been that way long since, but I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Tell me. In some contexts "faith" still means having great confidence, is that not so? In such contexts one might define it as confidence to the point of "feeling" certain, and yet be mindful that a human's feeling of certainty may leave much to be desired depending on his understanding of all the factors in play.

I am stuck, with the idea that faith is just an extreme of confidence in all cases. If so, I still recommend that confidence or faith, either one, be backed up with plenty of evidence, and repeatability by everyone else, like they say science is supposed to do. That kind of confidence or faith seems to me to have more merit.

I don't get this other context where "faith" is supposed to float free of ordinary evidence and become different from mere confidence. So I am asking is not my recommendation about good evidence, obvious to all not a better accessory to faith or confidence than faith that does not need evidence? Or if not, where am I missing the point?
Faith does not require evidence. Faith is belief without seeing. You can feel the presence of God you know he is there. The idea God would disapprove of me leaves me feeling alone scared. I didn't know this until I accepted Christ now I can't imagine not going to God in prayer and feeling comfort. It's hard to explain as anything other than I know God is there because I feel a physical presence. I know the whole idea sounds crazy but for me it would be like denying to sun or the wind.

Level 2

Location hidden

#61854 Nov 30, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Back then fewer people had grandparents. That's all.
Nope. And i call that your narrow minded view.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#61855 Nov 30, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
I have killed the deer. I have crushed the grasshopper. And the plants he feeds upon. I have taken fish from the water. And birds from the sky. In my life I have needed death So that my life can be. When I die I must give life To what has nourished me. The earth receives my body And gives it to the plants And to the caterpillars To the birds And to the coyotes Each in its own turn so that the circle of life is never broken.
AND That is why it stopped, selling human flesh...

Animal will feast of self and it serves that purpose not though to what is considered domesticated to other species however generally they don't break self down or they don't harm one another...

Level 2

Location hidden

#61856 Nov 30, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence of what? What is your exact claim?
If you are too blind to see that, it is up to you.
Modern English sprang up from old English but it also had influences from several other European and world languages. This is the reason why old English is different from the modern English.
That old English is similar to modern German than to modern English.
Modern English is a construction work, unique to England.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#61857 Nov 30, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith does not require evidence. Faith is belief without seeing. You can feel the presence of God you know he is there. The idea God would disapprove of me leaves me feeling alone scared. I didn't know this until I accepted Christ now I can't imagine not going to God in prayer and feeling comfort. It's hard to explain as anything other than I know God is there because I feel a physical presence. I know the whole idea sounds crazy but for me it would be like denying to sun or the wind.
So it's just a presence you feel what does he do for you how does he work in your life?
How do you know it is God that of which the Christians are speaking of the one we trust in or so should?
So to see him then as a Father do you do that one of all time Ruler if there would be one would he be that not to confuse one with 3 as in a ghost a God and man the Son...Because just in case if this God ever I mean someone forbid would be a one of great horror quite an opposite of what one would think a GOD may be then action would have to be taken don't you think?
I mean we do have to look at all that suffers etc...Why is that to man'
s freedom still to what a spirit would be how a feeling what surrounds us does for us?
because one just can't be sure now is HE this that or the other?

Dallas, TX

#61858 Nov 30, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>Is it really that? Or, is it a result of how our society is going. Seems as soon as the paddle was taken out of the hands of parents and teachers the number of thug rats exploded. Correct me if I'm wrong.
If their is no wrong or right if a parent has no moral center how is the parent to teach morals? The paddle is just a stick. Moms and dads fight kids fight mom and dad do drugs kids do drugs mom and dad sleep around kids will too. What teaches morals who says what's right? Each man is right in his own eyes. The 10 commandments still holds truth yet we ignore them and teach the kids it's a myth. If the bible is myth if no God why should I not kill why not steal why not commit adultery why not lie its just a myth right?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#61859 Nov 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. And i call that your narrow minded view.
Prove me wrong.

Since: Nov 12

Raymond, Canada

#61860 Nov 30, 2012
Tinka, are you a AI or at least intermittantly so?

Level 2

Location hidden

#61861 Nov 30, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the bible say that you go back to soil and stay there? Nope. The saved become slaves to the throne. Read your bible.
Liar!
Since we all dream, fall into trance, get revelations and the likes, there is a lot of evidence of a soul.
After death, the body will return to the soil as sand or dust, while the soul or spirit, will return to God for judgement.

Level 2

Location hidden

#61862 Nov 30, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
So can we shovel your hole?
We'll do it cheaper than a funeral...
Shovel or Funeral death is death.

Dallas, TX

#61863 Nov 30, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>Does the bible say that you go back to soil and stay there? Nope. The saved become slaves to the throne. Read your bible.
Heaven sounds boring is that it? Lol
Once again I am not a slave to God I choose to serve. We all have free will you do not have to serve God he isn't forcing anyone. He wants you to choose him.

Location hidden

#61864 Nov 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Remember or simply don't forget that, you are discussing with a learned person.
Charles Babbage died has a result of his un successful attempts at coming up with the analytical engine. Faraday died from his own invention.
Get this changed then.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Babbag...

Level 2

Location hidden

#61865 Nov 30, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
To keep questioning things isn't all that healthy they things they are either are or not what they are need to be to what some things may be are personal, to question why people are willing to die?
For a what or a whom?
That would be more wise to decipher through if one knew fully what another is thinking or is into...
Please, i am not getting you.

Level 2

Location hidden

#61866 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Most U.S. cemeteries insist on grave liners so that human remains do not mix with the soil around the coffin.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funeral_Rule#Out... ;
We don't really recycle ourselves to fertilize the Earth and feed the worms.
Thanks, but you do know that death does not have another name.
Death is universal, and also an assurance.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#61867 Nov 30, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
I have killed the deer. I have crushed the grasshopper. And the plants he feeds upon. I have taken fish from the water. And birds from the sky. In my life I have needed death So that my life can be. When I die I must give life To what has nourished me. The earth receives my body And gives it to the plants And to the caterpillars To the birds And to the coyotes Each in its own turn so that the circle of life is never broken.
Author unknown, but I've seen it cited as a Taos Pueblo poem...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#61868 Nov 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Liar!
Since we all dream, fall into trance, get revelations and the likes, there is a lot of evidence of a soul.
After death, the body will return to the soil as sand or dust, while the soul or spirit, will return to God for judgement.
So we are all then in Gods hot seat presently...

Now that is a concept we are indeed then inside some bubble or we are outward of the real atmosphere...,...

That is why Nature is adjusting...

Father has his ways is all I can say...

So to death is it than to watch other people die and does it not matter anylonger why death was then or is...

I think not all dead SPIRITS for one wouldn't have to go anywhere...
Other than to make contacts...for a while...Time's ones own to no one's knowledge...So it seems...it could be!

Location hidden

#61869 Nov 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Liar!
Dreams, trance, revelations and blah blah blah are all observable biological processes in the brain. Not evidence of a soul.

Location hidden

#61870 Nov 30, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Liar!
Even my dog dreams.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 27 min Spotted Girl 6,839
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 32 min tiger_-_dad 149,785
News Three drunk men opened a reservoir valve in Vie... 43 min Spotted Girl 5
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 52 min Ferrerman 73,344
News Man Smashes Glass Door After Chicken Order Delayed 55 min 07 Mustang 4
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 56 min Black Rose 213,114
News Weird 19 mins ago 8:35 a.m.'Teeth' in tacos: Te... 59 min 07 Mustang 1
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 hr Real Finn 21,444
News Grieving father: 'I don't play Trump songs anym... 5 hr Real Finn 62
News Rihanna: Why She Refused To Watch Her 'Weird' '... 15 hr Spotted Girl 42