Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
57,701 - 57,720 of 115,258 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
brush lee

San Jose, CA

#61786 Nov 29, 2012
its a lie told by hat wearing humans told to countless bowls of fruits and nuts

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#61787 Nov 29, 2012
LOL, I found a new term in a Dawkins interview:

http://old.richarddawkins.net/articles/646818...

The term is "Tooth fairy agnostic". You grant that there may be a possibility of god's existence, but it is about the same as the odds of the tooth fairy existing.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#61788 Nov 29, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>By all means, stay faithful. I hope all your dreams come true and you become that slave to He that sits upon the golden throne.
I'm not a slave to God I choose to serve. I choose to serve because God has been faithful to me. Being a Christian doesn't mean we all hate science and don't go to the doctor. I think science is neat and does some really cool stuff it saves lives and heals people. I have asthma I use an inhaler.
Anonymous

UK

#61789 Nov 29, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
LOL, I found a new term in a Dawkins interview:
http://old.richarddawkins.net/articles/646818...
The term is "Tooth fairy agnostic". You grant that there may be a possibility of god's existence, but it is about the same as the odds of the tooth fairy existing.
Oh great, I've officially been defined, next time I fill out a form I know what to put under 'religeon'

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#61790 Nov 29, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a slave to God I choose to serve. I choose to serve because God has been faithful to me. Being a Christian doesn't mean we all hate science and don't go to the doctor. I think science is neat and does some really cool stuff it saves lives and heals people. I have asthma I use an inhaler.
Out of curiosity, how has this character been faithful to you?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#61791 Nov 29, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Despite our various differences and disagreement, i think no one with sound mind, will agree to Constitutional lover's racist statements.
That's shooting fish in a rain barrel.
Constitution-lover is being a troll. He would never say anything like that in public, and might not around his friends. Some people do say such things in public because they are living a life outside of law and order. Spewing that nonsense online only lower the bar of expectations for social responsibility. Law and order break down quickly when the shaman are allowed to undermine justice with edicts from their imaginary, phallus-headed, supreme being.

United States

#61792 Nov 29, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>Out of curiosity, how has this character been faithful to you?
I used to be very much into mathematical probability still am to a lesser extent. To be totally honest I wasn't a very good person I drank to much and would get into a lot of fights I was a thief and a liar I was mean to my wife my kids and pretty much just a arrogant prideful jerk. God found me and after 27 years of living my life my way in less than 4 years God changed my entire way of thinking. I sold out to christ i prayed and God has answered. You can call me crazy tell me I'm an idiot who believes in fairy tales all you want and to be honest I would have said the same thing a few years ago. The man I was than would have hated the man I am now I think that's funny. I was saved from me by the power of Christ.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#61793 Nov 29, 2012
Bat Foy, if your belief helps make you a better person then more power to you. Of course the theory of evolution does not say that God does not exist. It merely shows the fairly obvious fact that Genesis is a myth and that the Bible was written by men. There are going to be flaws in a book written by man. Lastly most people who believe the TOE in the U.S. are also Christians. The two ideas can get along. It is only the fundies that have a problem with evolution.
brush lee

Sonora, CA

#61795 Nov 29, 2012
you treated yourself to a pity party selfless kindness toward your evil misdeed consumed with fits of frustration within your need to blame god for your lack of acting on impulse blame me i blame you.you may be right its gods fault

United States

#61796 Nov 29, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
Bat Foy, if your belief helps make you a better person then more power to you. Of course the theory of evolution does not say that God does not exist. It merely shows the fairly obvious fact that Genesis is a myth and that the Bible was written by men. There are going to be flaws in a book written by man. Lastly most people who believe the TOE in the U.S. are also Christians. The two ideas can get along. It is only the fundies that have a problem with evolution.
I don't mind evolution it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. Tomorrow the sun will rise if The Lord wills it ill take air into my lungs. Ill spend some time on here talking things over with you guys. I find the stuff you guys talk about interesting I don't have many smart atheist/evolutionist friends. Even the people on here who support creation have some real good stuff. I am a creo simply because of faith I believe what I have faith is the word of God. This is all some real good stuff.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#61797 Nov 29, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>I used to be very much into mathematical probability still am to a lesser extent. To be totally honest I wasn't a very good person I drank to much and would get into a lot of fights I was a thief and a liar I was mean to my wife my kids and pretty much just a arrogant prideful jerk. God found me and after 27 years of living my life my way in less than 4 years God changed my entire way of thinking. I sold out to christ i prayed and God has answered. You can call me crazy tell me I'm an idiot who believes in fairy tales all you want and to be honest I would have said the same thing a few years ago. The man I was than would have hated the man I am now I think that's funny. I was saved from me by the power of Christ.
My friend, for the vast majority of us, our intuition and moral character becomes stronger as we age. I commend you for finding the focus to change your life for the betterment of you and those in your life.

United States

#61798 Nov 29, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>My friend, for the vast majority of us, our intuition and moral character becomes stronger as we age. I commend you for finding the focus to change your life for the betterment of you and those in your life.
Thank you. I was hope that summery of my life story wasn't to boring....lol

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#61799 Nov 29, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of curiosity, how has this character been faithful to you?
Wow. That's quite a scary, predatory look you have goin' on there. I'll be lucky if I don't have nightmares after seeing that.

`8^O

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#61800 Nov 29, 2012
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=Spk43e7jOlUXX
www.youtube.com/watch...

The link didn't work...

GOD??????/

Level 6

in a city...

#61801 Nov 29, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I was hope that summery of my life story wasn't to boring....lol
A life, boring? You would have had to sit on the pot for most of it, or slept it away or some lame non-productive way that there wouldn't be a story to it...

Oh man I just paid attention were in the act of Louisiana's SEA of 2008...Science Education Act...

SEA...out in the blue is really where the truth is NEPtune National Education Protocol to all of it Nation wide...to be intuned with that...Now that we may have to repeal all of the education system...

LOL

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#61802 Nov 29, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, for the vast majority of us, our intuition and moral character becomes stronger as we age. I commend you for finding the focus to change your life for the betterment of you and those in your life.
I'm sure he lives for your praise.

...snicker...

Level 6

in a city...

#61803 Nov 29, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure he lives for your praise.
...snicker...
There are some that would state quite the opposite...That through time and knowledge we will find our courage to stand up tall and fight back...

Since: Nov 12

Milk River, Canada

#61804 Nov 29, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't believe in God nor faith. Having faith is the act of belief no matter what you call it. Faith is real. Please stick to your science and leave faith to the faithful. Science can debate faith all it wants you won't disprove it.
Having faith is like having confidence despite all evidence to the contrary -- or tell me what it means otherwise. Wouldn't having confidence be better if supported by good, consistent, and easily repeatable evidence?

Level 6

in a city...

#61805 Nov 29, 2012
Here some live also for the good judgits...

let me give you a good review...

Level 6

in a city...

#61806 Nov 29, 2012
Ozgod is a fantastic and riveting tale of the ultimate struggle between righteous intent and unrighteousness and as the plot develops you find yourself whisked away into a world of fantasy but yet tempered with the reality of the sovereign creator of the universe.

Ozgod is a fearsome wizard, knight, and King who rules the land of the Forbidden Territory and with the assistance of his evil sorcerer Isabald plans on capturing the righteous and beautiful city and Kingdom of Monestrat and therefore dissuading them from influencing further the entire continent of Eutropia with their unfathomable faith in Christ.

Ozgod then plans on conquering the entire continent of Eutropia after capturing the Kingdom of Monestrat and Ozgod is well prepared as his sorcerer Isabald has conjured up a host infamous warriors from the past to lead his demonic militia along with his faithful servant Antrepid as Ozgod plans on forcefully invading the Kingdom of Monestrat and has within his possession, as a object of negotiation, King David's noble son Prince Branden.

Therefore Prince Branden's beautiful sister Princess Nicole and heroic and noble brother Prince Justin set out in pursuit of the freedom of Prince Branden traversing the dangerous and sinister but beautiful land of the Forbidden Territory encountering various dangers along the way.

During the course of the continuous battle between these forces of good and evil Isabald conjures up beasts of demonic persuasion and eventually an entire militia of third dimension beastly ghouls enshrouded in protective glowing armor to hunt King David and his royal militia and Michael the arch angel appears on the scene just when all seems lost and equips King David and his noble son's and militia with special sabers that will counter act the impenetrable armor that Isabald's demonic regime is housed in offering them unmitigated protection against all opposition.

At one point even God himself appears and rescues King David and his righteous son Prince Justin from the mighty clutches of Ozgod himself and during the continuous development of the plot King David and his royal family continually seek God for his guidance and delivering power and majestic presence to capture the minds of their enemies and dissuade them within their efforts and offer protection for the citizens of the Kingdom of Monestrat and the royal family.

There is even romance as Prince Branden falls deeply in love with Princess Jodie and the two of them wed in a beautiful ceremony of elegance and prestige which concludes with a ceremonial joust held during the course of the grand festivities in which an evil prince decides to kidnap Princess Nicole and at the same time eradicate the existence of the noble Prince Justin through hiring a mercenary to engage the noble Prince Justin in battle during the festivities.

The evil Prince Eir determinedly captures the lovely Princess Nicole and beautiful Princess Jodie and at that point the royal militia sets out to rescue the two Princesses with the assistance of the almighty God of the universe and the strength and courage of the faith that has been established within within the royal militia.

Once again Ozgod is an excellent read and pulsating with excitement and adventure and delivers the element of faith necessary to direct the reader to pursue the reality of the existence of an almighty creator and righteous deliverer who answers prayer imparting wisdom.

Buy my friends book!!
Ozgod
by David Allen Hodges

At Barnes and Noble and other fine retailers

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 2 min Princess Hey 77,244
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 3 min Tropix of Capricorn 6,537
30,000 post wins (May '13) 3 min Truths 1,305
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,161
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 4 min Princess Hey 8,970
Picture is worth a 1000 words 4 min Weird 0ne 2 5
Why do black people bother getting tattoos? (Mar '12) 4 min anon 78
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 20 min eleanorigby 35,983
Fergson Police Dept. 57 min Joe Belmar 362
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Weird 0ne 2 18,607
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr the wandering girl 145,323
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 8 hr Princess Hey 28,512
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••