Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
57,581 - 57,600 of 113,285 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Why do fundie Christians give a hoot what the Mayans have to say?
I have no idea why anyone cares about that. I just figured the guy writing the calendar got hand cramps and died.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution is not goal-directed. There is no "forwards" or "backwards". There is only change and the passage of time.
It was a joke guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>However, using this excuse you destroy your mythology completely, so why follow it at all? Why not hold out until something that's demonstrable appears? Why pervert your mythology and scientific data to make it all fit in such a haphazard way as to make both meaningless? We also know that there was no world wide flood.
I wouldn't know about a world wide anything at the time of the flood. Unless all the land was connected at the time how would some of the animals gotten to Noah in the first place. Maybe at the time of the flood people hadn't spread out so far as to need a world flood just a really big flood. Maybe their was a world floor and. Massive earth quake that separated the land masses.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the bible Adam was still live when Noah was born so maybe God flooded the earth because evolution went wild and he had to cover up the ape kids of Adam and Eve. Or a more logical thought here God created what he wanted to the way he wanted to and he used a similar blue print when creating man as he did when creating apes. A grass hut is a building so is a skyscraper they're same no but they're both buildings. A jumbo jetliner is an airplane so is a biplane same idea but not the same.
I see nothing logical in this.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
My faith doesn't make me unwilling to learn. It gives me freedom from sin. Evolution isn't sinful. Removing God from his creation is.
Then all science is sin, as not one single field of science invokes any God of any kind.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a joke guy
Then we need Wolvie.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't know about a world wide anything at the time of the flood. Unless all the land was connected at the time how would some of the animals gotten to Noah in the first place. Maybe at the time of the flood people hadn't spread out so far as to need a world flood just a really big flood. Maybe their was a world floor and. Massive earth quake that separated the land masses.
The landmasses were already separated long before humans appeared on the scene. Otherwise if we are to be generous, calling the flood a local event would be your best bet. Separating the landmasses after humans arrived is a good way to destroy all life on Earth.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

The early period of human history is said to be the Stone Age by Darwinist, but the Bible tells us there were giants in those days and Noah fashioned an ark with a window and a door and it had three stories. I don't think an apelike caveman could have done such a thing. The first humans must have had good understanding with a high mental capacity. I have seen studies that indicate aptitude may have decreased from the first man.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
My faith doesn't make me unwilling to learn. It gives me freedom from sin. Evolution isn't sinful. Removing God from his creation is. Faith is just a part of who I am like an arm or a leg. I was once a very mean person I drank to much spent a lot of time in jail I was a thief and a liar. When I was at my lowest point God found me when no one else would have me God accepted me he has answered so many of my prayers it goes so far beyond mathematical probability. When I say I have first hand knowledge of God I mean what I say not some guy told me about Jesus and now I have his knowledge.
Evolution really doesn't remove God from creation. Evolution is just what is seen when you look at all the evidence.

If you feel you are a better person because of your faith that is great, but your faith or any other should not be the basis for science. Science doesn't care about religion, politics, geography or national boundries.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The early period of human history is said to be the Stone Age by Darwinist, but the Bible tells us there were giants in those days and Noah fashioned an ark with a window and a door and it had three stories. I don't think an apelike caveman could have done such a thing. The first humans must have had good understanding with a high mental capacity. I have seen studies that indicate aptitude may have decreased from the first man.
The Stone Age was coined by archeologists if I am not mistaken. It refers to the level of technology possessed by those peoples. Biblical times were in what is known as the Bronze Age.

What do giants referenced in the Bible have to do with anything? How tall were they? What was the average adult height at the time? Good understanding of what? What studies were these? How did they quantify aptitude? How were they able to quantify the aptitude of the "first man?" If aptitude is decreasing, then how come science and technology are increaseing?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Anyone who calls themselves Christians should believe Noah existed because Jesus mentioned him.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Anyone who calls themselves Christians should believe Noah existed because Jesus mentioned him.
...or, at least the people writing about Jesus (minimum 60 yrs after His supposed death) SAID Jesus mentioned Noah.

....at least thats what those persons that EDITED the books that became the Bible (cir 1300's?) said that those writers of the books of the Bible said!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
...or, at least the people writing about Jesus (minimum 60 yrs after His supposed death) SAID Jesus mentioned Noah.
....at least thats what those persons that EDITED the books that became the Bible (cir 1300's?) said that those writers of the books of the Bible said!
Yes, and it a miracle that we have the Bible.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>...or, at least the people writing about Jesus (minimum 60 yrs after His supposed death) SAID Jesus mentioned Noah.

http://www.askelm.com/doctrine/d740101.htm

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and it a miracle that we have the Bible.
....written by simple,(comparatively) ignorant, ancient shepards, based upon even earlier oral traditions?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
....written by simple,(comparatively) ignorant, ancient shepards, based upon even earlier oral traditions?
Written very very painstakingly.....

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and it a miracle that we have the Bible.
No miracle. Most current religions have a sacred text or texts. What would be a miracle is for people to realize that it is not the absolute word of God, but a book translated through a dozen languages during its development with material based on previous religions and stories from other cultures and the fnial copy we have has had the contents cherry picked with what is included. That would be a true miracle.

I was raised in a Southern Baptist church and then a United Methodist Church. Growing up under this tutelage, I found that a literal interpretation of the Bible was often at odds with the facts, was rigid and regressive and often led to contradictions in its understanding. A strict interpretation of the Bible is not a prerequiste for belief in God. The Bible is full of a lot of wisdom, but as any text written by men, is not without error. God doesn't want blind fools that never grow or develop and that is what a literal interpretation creates.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Written very very painstakingly.....
Not anymore than anything else written by man. Some parts less so than others.

That is just wishful thinking or denial.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
No all science...Just any science that lies about age of the Earth and stupid evolution....
Oh, so some science isn't spawned by the devil and some is? How do you tell the difference? Or is it just the bits you want to use you accept and the bits you don't like you reject? Sounds to me a little like the bible - some is believable, some is rubbish.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
The Earth is less then 20,000 years old and man has not evolved from an ape....ANYTHING THAT SAYS DIFFERENT IS A LIE AND SATANS WORK.
Quick tip for you - posting rubbish in capitals will not make it true. And deflection is the art of one who has lost the argument (look up deflection if you are not sure of the term).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••