Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#61663 Nov 28, 2012
I think we've seen the last of "Constitution".

At least by that name.

Socks abound, however.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#61664 Nov 28, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Have you heard the new Amy Cook song "WAITEN ON HE WORLD TO END"?
I meant "WAITING FOR THE WORLD TO END" by Amy Cook. I just heard it on NPR radio. It's a catchy tune....

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#61665 Nov 28, 2012
Just for fun, here's a 4-pack of "Constitution-lover" 's posts from other Topix forums. Quite telling of the humanity this individual exhibits:
Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Not murder. It is nto murder to put someone evil to death for a sin and crime as evil as being gay. Just like women should be put to death for cheating on there Husbands.
<quoted text>
I should be stronger and do Gods will. I have asked God to forgive me for being weak and for not putting gays to death as he wants.
<quoted text>
Bible did not say it was bad for a man to have other relations. Only that women should not. Women are not equal to a man.
Find anyone with drugs or doing drugs lets just put a bullet in there head. Ends the problem.
<<end cut/paste>> Real princess, eh?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#61666 Nov 28, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
Slap-happy racist AND stupid.
Jesus must be soooooo proud of you.
Irony!!!
Jesus was and is never a racist. Black or white, we are all humans.

Level 2

Location hidden

#61667 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
No Jesus was a Nazarene....MEANING WHITE.... Sorry only White people are TRUE humans. Rest are just somewhat smart apes..
Damn!
Tell me the brand of alchohol you normally take, freak?

Level 2

Location hidden

#61668 Nov 28, 2012
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>BOY HOWDY!! We got ourselves one of those Xian Identity freaks.
I am not judging him but saying the truth. He is not a christian, but a racist.

Level 2

Location hidden

#61669 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
They calle that town that because the Humans the Nazarenes lived there...
Who are you and why are you bringing in racist crap in here?
How do you see your fellow black neighbours over there?
Please erase that thoughts from you, it is un-christian of you.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#61670 Nov 28, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
Just for fun, here's a 4-pack of "Constitution-lover" 's posts from other Topix forums. Quite telling of the humanity this individual exhibits:

Constitution-lover wrote, "<quoted text>
I should be stronger and do Gods will. I have asked God to forgive me for being weak and for not putting gays to death as he wants."

Constitution-lover wrote, "<quoted text>
Bible did not say it was bad for a man to have other relations. Only that women should not. Women are not equal to a man. "

Constitution-lover wrote, "Find anyone with drugs or doing drugs lets just put a bullet in there head. Ends the problem."

Whoa!!!! That man needs more than prayer maybe an exorcist and a real good anti psychotic.

Level 2

Location hidden

#61671 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
And the original jewish people were WHITE. Not until they mixed with sub-humans did they get dark skin.
Do you really love your constitution?
I doubt...

Level 2

Location hidden

#61672 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
I am not a bigot. I treat all humans equal.
No. You don' t. You see whites as superior. The bible sees every one as equal. Whites are great people just like the black. They just can not do with out each other.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#61673 Nov 28, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Horrors! Doctors use science AND technology. A satanic double whammy, Batman!
From the Random Neuron file:

I'm pretty sure your medical insurance won't cover prayer, blessings, laying-on-of-hands, or a trip to Lourdes, France.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#61674 Nov 28, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
My faith doesn't make me unwilling to learn. It gives me freedom from sin. Evolution isn't sinful. Removing God from his creation is. Faith is just a part of who I am like an arm or a leg. I was once a very mean person I drank to much spent a lot of time in jail I was a thief and a liar. When I was at my lowest point God found me when no one else would have me God accepted me he has answered so many of my prayers it goes so far beyond mathematical probability. When I say I have first hand knowledge of God I mean what I say not some guy told me about Jesus and now I have his knowledge.
That's the irony in all this, the theory of evolution doesn't remove a god from anything, and the fact that evolution happens doesn't effect the existence of a god one way or the other. It just destroys one of the myths involved in many of theistic religions, and only one. The others are destroyed by other facts, even gravity destroys a few christian ones.

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#61675 Nov 29, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
All I can think to say is WOW. I appreciate you shedding some light on this cockroach, I just hope you didn't taint your computer doing it.

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#61676 Nov 29, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Damn!
Tell me the brand of alchohol you normally take, freak?
Charles, I have to say I am with you on this one. This guy is whached out of head in a very sad and special way.
Austin Hook

Milk River, Canada

#61677 Nov 29, 2012
Benny wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Charles Darwin was a racist. There's no prove that all life arose from one common ancestor. I am not surprised that the evolutionist theories are collapsing. Atheist science defend Darwinism like a religion. What a big fraud! One Hoax after another. They are so quick to announce their fake evolution discoveries, but they are not so quick to expose their mistakes and disproven conjectures.
So, if both science and religion are big frauds and hoaxes, where is some reasonable source of truth? Do we have to figure it all out for ourselves individually? Or is there any even partially useful authority out there that we can rely upon at least somewhat?

Level 2

Location hidden

#61678 Nov 29, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Charles, I have to say I am with you on this one. This guy is whached out of head in a very sad and special way.
Likewise. He is still in the era of slave trade, where blacks are dehumanised and treated like beast of burdens. A sad story to remember indeed.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#61679 Nov 29, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. In order to do that then you would actually require a scientific position to counter ours.(shrug)
So far I have seen little more than rhetoric from evolutionists so far.

I suggest we will progress the discussion further if we consider what Sanford was suggesting and what the results of both older and recent evolutionary research indicates in the majority. Can evolutionists defend themselves at all?

http://creation.com/geneticist-evolution-impo...

What is genetic entropy? Geneticist John Sanford made a proposal which included the accumulation of mutations will always ultimately decrease fitness in a process he called “genetic entropy”. This data (1) supports young earth creationism and less importantly (2) effectively falsifies the current theory of evolution. That is the general theme.

Both evolutionary and creationist algorithms are based on assumptions. Let’s see who can present the most robust case for their view.

This below is a study from Science.

Negative Epistasis Between Beneficial Mutations in an Evolving Bacterial Population

“Epistasis depended on the effects of the combined mutations—the larger the expected benefit, the more negative the epistatic effect. Epistasis thus tended to produce diminishing returns with genotype fitness, although interactions involving one particular mutation had the opposite effect. These data support models in which negative epistasis contributes to declining rates of adaptation over time.“

Experiments have shown beneficial mutations working against each other which is known as antagonistic epistasis while other experiments have shown loss in fitness if they worked together rather than alone. Richard Lenski, Michigan State, known for the longest-running experiment on evolution of E. coli, discovered a law of diminishing returns with beneficial mutations due to negative epistasis!

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6034/11...

Near the end the authors did notice a type of genetic entropy,“tended to produce diminishing returns with genotype fitness“.

I can offer several examples of evolutionary research that identify degradation and deterioration within the genome of varying organisms.

Genome Degradation in Brucella ovis Corresponds with Narrowing of Its Host Range and Tissue Tropism
http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.13...

Genomic degradation of a young Y chromosome in Drosophila miranda
http://genomebiology.com/2008/9/2/R30

Comparison of genome degradation in Paratyphi A and Typhi, human-restricted serovars of Salmonella enterica that cause typhoid
http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v36/n12/abs/...

Evidence for Widespread Degradation of Gene Control Regions in Hominid Genomes
http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info:doi/1...

Male Sex Chromosome Losing Genes By Rapid Evolution, Study Reveals
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/...

Genetic code of human race is deteriorating due to environmental factors
http://www.naturalnews.com/021220_genetic_mod...

The above information is not new. Sanford knew this information when he spoke to genetic entropy and published his papers.
Here is a link from 1999.

Insights into the evolutionary process of genome degradation
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...

I can present a plethora of such papers from published articles that speak to the deteriorating genome and overwhelmingly negative effects.

Evolutionists can argue and nit pick just as creationists can with evolutionary theory. However, I suggest that the overwhelming majority of research results from your evolutionary researchers supports Sanfords general theme, mutations lead to degradation/entropy/deteriorat ion.

I suggest there is ample data to suggest the genome is deteriorating as Sanford suggesdted and evolutionists have merely hand waved their own data away.
Austin Hook

Milk River, Canada

#61680 Nov 29, 2012
Professor wrote:
Even if evolution is true (and there is plenty of evidence to support it), scientists cannot explain how the very first cell came into existence.
After the Big Bang, the universe was sterile. SOMETHING happened to cause life to appear out of nothing.
The fact that someone can make an explanation, does not make him admirable -- only if the explanation is correct does it make him worth noticing. Endless dumb explanations are not even worth one honest "I don't know yet, but I am working on it."
Also notice most of the stupid explanations are only there to manipulate you, praying that you are credulous enough to become a tool used by the puppet master who probably doesn't even believe it themself.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#61681 Nov 29, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I demonstrated otherwise. You've been ducking for weeks. Rather predictably I might add.
<quoted text>
Actually we have. You present peer-reviewed research which was done using science you reject anyway then come to the complete opposite conclusion and misrepresent the paper involved. Except for Sanford, who like you is simply a major league hypocrite.(shrug)
<quoted text>
Ah, you should have no problem addressing it then, instead of merely spamming the same bollox over and over and insulting anyone who disagrees with you.
(sound of crickets chirping)
<quoted text>
Bub, is JEWMAGIC scientifically peer-reviewed?
Still waiting Maz.
<quoted text>
How so? How many times have I demonstrated the complete lack of scientific integrity of your position?
Too many to count.(shrug)
<quoted text>
Well your position IS Goddidit with magic, so yeah, that WOULD take a bit of convincing.
Duh.
<quoted text>
Done and done. You present evolution papers then say they don't support what they say they support and support Goddidit with magic instead. A closer look reveals this not to be the case. Then when YOUR position is examined you run and squeal like a dog with its tail caught in the door.
I suggest you evos are full of political posturing and nothing more.

You have done nothing. You have posted a refute from some idiot that I replied to and then I get this kind of vague nonsense in reply. The you think you are done do you?

Ridicule and links to outdated woffle and rubbish like the above is what you delusionally believe is a heros reply.

Here's the news. If you seriously had any ability past that of posting links and posting outdated links you would speak to my post above.

My above post cuts through all the evo meanderings and assumptive refutational blunders, and cuts to the chase of the results,(as biased as they are, suggest deterioration of the genome. My ability to source research that clearly supports my view demonstrates that I can defend my position with what evolutionists call empirical evidence and you can defend youself with empirical woffle.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#61683 Nov 29, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you claimed peer reviewed evidence – whatsup sweetie can’t you find any?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association. (Nov '10) 5 min White Fire 16,690
NFL Football (Jul '10) 7 min David0407 1,640
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 11 min UnderstandPeople 24,560
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 11 min Bill 335
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 15 min liam cul8r 2
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 18 min UnderstandPeople 22,207
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 27 min Doug77 2,521
True or False Game 30 min Sublime1 348
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 43 min Sublime1 148,909
Ebola in America 3 hr Cracker Jacks 481