Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#61643 Nov 28, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and it a miracle that we have the Bible.
No miracle. Most current religions have a sacred text or texts. What would be a miracle is for people to realize that it is not the absolute word of God, but a book translated through a dozen languages during its development with material based on previous religions and stories from other cultures and the fnial copy we have has had the contents cherry picked with what is included. That would be a true miracle.

I was raised in a Southern Baptist church and then a United Methodist Church. Growing up under this tutelage, I found that a literal interpretation of the Bible was often at odds with the facts, was rigid and regressive and often led to contradictions in its understanding. A strict interpretation of the Bible is not a prerequiste for belief in God. The Bible is full of a lot of wisdom, but as any text written by men, is not without error. God doesn't want blind fools that never grow or develop and that is what a literal interpretation creates.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#61644 Nov 28, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Written very very painstakingly.....
Not anymore than anything else written by man. Some parts less so than others.

That is just wishful thinking or denial.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

London, UK

#61645 Nov 28, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
No all science...Just any science that lies about age of the Earth and stupid evolution....
Oh, so some science isn't spawned by the devil and some is? How do you tell the difference? Or is it just the bits you want to use you accept and the bits you don't like you reject? Sounds to me a little like the bible - some is believable, some is rubbish.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

London, UK

#61646 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
The Earth is less then 20,000 years old and man has not evolved from an ape....ANYTHING THAT SAYS DIFFERENT IS A LIE AND SATANS WORK.
Quick tip for you - posting rubbish in capitals will not make it true. And deflection is the art of one who has lost the argument (look up deflection if you are not sure of the term).

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#61647 Nov 28, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>No miracle. Most current religions have a sacred text or texts. What would be a miracle is for people to realize that it is not the absolute word of God, but a book translated through a dozen languages during its development with material based on previous religions and stories from other cultures and the fnial copy we have has had the contents cherry picked with what is included. That would be a true miracle.

I was raised in a Southern Baptist church and then a United Methodist Church. Growing up under this tutelage, I found that a literal interpretation of the Bible was often at odds with the facts, was rigid and regressive and often led to contradictions in its understanding. A strict interpretation of the Bible is not a prerequiste for belief in God. The Bible is full of a lot of wisdom, but as any text written by men, is not without error. God doesn't want blind fools that never grow or develop and that is what a literal interpretation creates.
Well said.

And just where I was going.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#61648 Nov 28, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Anyone who calls themselves Christians should believe Noah existed because Jesus mentioned him.
So if Jesus didn't mention a person, then they didn't exist. On the other hand, I am mentioning Flash Gordon. Does that mean Flash existed?

Jesus, being a young Jewish man of his time would have been familiar with the religios texts of Judaism and the allegory of Noah. Just as he knew of the professies surrounding the messiah and was able to miraculously fulfill them. I don't find this mention of Noah to be proof of the existence of Noah. Further, the existence of a Noah does not in turn prove the existence of a World wide flood.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

London, UK

#61649 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
6 total days it took God from start of universe to all living things done. What God did with Cain was painted him black so he look like the savage subhuman blacks. Only White people are Gods chosen or human as it were.
Wow - how's your white cloak and pointy white hat? Burnt any crosses lately? Christianity - not only do you not know you religion's own teaching, but you express yourself like an ignoramous.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#61650 Nov 28, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so some science isn't spawned by the devil and some is? How do you tell the difference? Or is it just the bits you want to use you accept and the bits you don't like you reject? Sounds to me a little like the bible - some is believable, some is rubbish.
Isn't it interesting that he rejects the science that puts his beliefs in question, but accepts the science that gets him to work and Wal Mart or sends rockets into space. What I find most interesting is that the physics that accepts is the same physics used to age rocks and the Earth itself.

That kind of thinking is all the devil man will ever need.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#61651 Nov 28, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
And just where I was going.
Thanks Kong.
JUST ASK

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61652 Nov 28, 2012
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism has nothing to do with Evolution. Why would scientists support Evolution with no evidence?
I agree on the part where you say "Why would scientists support Evolution with no evidence"

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

London, UK

#61653 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
No Jesus was a Nazarene....MEANING WHITE.... Sorry only White people are TRUE humans. Rest are just somewhat smart apes..
Oh really - so now the Middle East is full of white people. This is better than any comedy show on TV.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

London, UK

#61654 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
I am not a bigot. I treat all humans equal.
As long as they are white, for, according to you, blacks are not human. You are scum, nothing more and nothing less.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

London, UK

#61655 Nov 28, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>'
Either a POE or a COMPLETE moron, and complete morons are actually rather rare,....... humm....
Unfortunately, not that rare on topix.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

London, UK

#61656 Nov 28, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the bible Adam was still live when Noah was born so maybe God flooded the earth because evolution went wild and he had to cover up the ape kids of Adam and Eve. Or a more logical thought here God created what he wanted to the way he wanted to and he used a similar blue print when creating man as he did when creating apes. A grass hut is a building so is a skyscraper they're same no but they're both buildings. A jumbo jetliner is an airplane so is a biplane same idea but not the same.
Hot news for you - God didn't flood the earth, no archaeological evidence to support that theory.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#61657 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
No Jesus was a Nazarene....MEANING WHITE.... Sorry only White people are TRUE humans. Rest are just somewhat smart apes..
Are you completely insane? Jesus was a Jewish man of approximately 2000 years ago in the Middle East. He was not white. Nazarene does not mean white. It is a title applied to Christ that indicates his origin in the town of Nazareth.

By the way, that Constitution you are such a fan of treats all people as equal, even a loathesome little person such as you portray yourself to be.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#61658 Nov 28, 2012
JUST ASK wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on the part where you say "Why would scientists support Evolution with no evidence"
Are you then saying that Atheism has something to do with evolution?

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

London, UK

#61659 Nov 28, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
My faith doesn't make me unwilling to learn. It gives me freedom from sin. Evolution isn't sinful. Removing God from his creation is. Faith is just a part of who I am like an arm or a leg. I was once a very mean person I drank to much spent a lot of time in jail I was a thief and a liar. When I was at my lowest point God found me when no one else would have me God accepted me he has answered so many of my prayers it goes so far beyond mathematical probability. When I say I have first hand knowledge of God I mean what I say not some guy told me about Jesus and now I have his knowledge.
That, I am not going to knock. I appreciate your honesty and that you believe deeply that you have found a focus to your life. It works for you. Sadly, for many, it does not. For many, the contradictions in the religions destroy what it seeks to do. But I would not have a go at you for your personal faith.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

London, UK

#61660 Nov 28, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>No miracle. Most current religions have a sacred text or texts. What would be a miracle is for people to realize that it is not the absolute word of God, but a book translated through a dozen languages during its development with material based on previous religions and stories from other cultures and the fnial copy we have has had the contents cherry picked with what is included. That would be a true miracle.
Excellent post - kudos to you.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#61661 Nov 28, 2012
Jim wrote:
God said Dec 21 2012 I am repossesing it all o more referrls pay up.
Have you heard the new Amy Cook song "WAITEN ON HE WORLD TO END"?

Level 9

founded in facts.

#61662 Nov 28, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post - kudos to you.
Thanks much.

I have enjoyed reading your comments as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 6 min andet1987 7,557
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 9 min andet1987 6,863
Is it possible to....... 10 min mr goodwrench 547
The Letter J (Jan '14) 11 min andet1987 23
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 13 min andet1987 6,950
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 17 min Roy 25,663
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 22 min andet1987 244
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 30 min wichita-rick 152,459
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 hr CJ Rocker 222
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 3 hr -Lea- 47