Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61603 Nov 28, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
So what happens when you have many years of adaptation? In other words adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation and so on...
Could it be the original species would look much different evetually?
Well uh... eventually we reach the MAGIC BARRIER!

If only the Earth really WAS just thousands of years old, then the creo's would have something...

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#61604 Nov 28, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It's kinda too simple like SCP then I guess?

Ah yes. The good ole Secure Copy Protocol. I knew it well.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61605 Nov 28, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Those methods come from satan...So yea they are lies.
Can you please back up your claims with testable evidence which can be objectively verified by the scientific method?

Or are you just gonna carry on with your "Teh Bible iz troo cuz teh Bible sez so and Mommy sez so!" routine?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#61606 Nov 28, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Billy Graham an evolutionist? Me thought he was a fundie nut.

"I don't think that there's any conflict at all between science today and the Scriptures. I think that we have misinterpreted the Scriptures many times and we've tried to make the Scriptures say things they weren't meant to say, I think that we have made a mistake by thinking the Bible is a scientific book. The Bible is not a book of science. The Bible is a book of Redemption, and of course I accept the Creation story. I believe that God did create the universe. I believe that God created man, and whether it came by an evolutionary process and at a certain point He took this person or being and made him a living soul or not, does not change the fact that God did create man.... whichever way God did it makes no difference as to what man is and man's relationship to God."

Billy Graham: Personal Thoughts of a Public Man, 1997. p. 72-74

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#61607 Nov 28, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet he loves Mr Obama.

Well, Obama is HALF human, you know.

/scarcasm
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61608 Nov 28, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Man doesn't really need to adapt does it we change the world around us thus changing our environment. God created man, not ape which at some later point became a man.
Humans ARE apes. Who are you to say what the Lord Almighty God the Creator of the entire universe can or cannot do? God is not limited by your petty imagination, nor the petty understanding of the simple men who wrote the Bible.

By the way, man DOES adapt - for instance look at the Han-Chinese who have adapted to living at higher altitudes. Not by technology, but biological evolution.

Elephants can also change their environment. In some places they have a habit of knocking down trees. Doesn't mean they stop evolving though.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61609 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
The Earth is less then 20,000 years old and man has not evolved from an ape....ANYTHING THAT SAYS DIFFERENT IS A LIE AND SATANS WORK.
Can you present scientific evidence of the existence of this Satan?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#61610 Nov 28, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
... I do hope and pray that some day the science of origins will mesh with the faith in God but if you science guys keep going to hell I don't see how it's ever going to happen....lol
Depends on who or what your god is. Since you capitalize it you are likely following the christian one, all of the myths about that one have already been addressed and demonstrated to be inaccurate, often completely wrong, in most cases, the few that were not are nothing more than historical events with pixie dust.The few "prophecies" that came true are akin to saying "it's going to rain in Seattle sometime in the near future" as a prophecy, it's going to happen and anyone with half a brain and some observational skills would know it would. I really wish you had not bought into that con, you have curiosity, and that's the one trait we need to have more of in humanity again, we need to restore our curiosity, but your religious beliefs are devised in a way to quell that curiosity, and make you doubt reality instead of the delusion.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61611 Nov 28, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not grasp the obvious contradictions is your thought processes that Dogen pointed out or are you simply ignoring them?
Because if he is, that would be DISHONEST.

ARE you dishonest, Constitution Lover?

“America -God's Favorite Cuntry”

Since: Aug 12

Real America, USA

#61612 Nov 28, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
God and Jesus...
<quoted text>
And God and Jesus want you to give your millions away. You won't need it where you're going anyway.
Or perhaps this guy is an exception to the camel and needle parable...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61613 Nov 28, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible doesn't say how old the earth is. They added the generations from Adam and Eve to Noah from Noah to Jesus and added 2000 years. That is wrong it doesn't take into account things like how long the "void" earth sat here before God started creating or how long Adam and Eve lived in the garden before they sinned and were cast out. It also does not take into account the years between the time they were cast out and the birth of Cain
and Abel. When you read the story of Cain and Abel you will see that God sent Cain away after he killed Abel and Cain was afraid that the people in the land God was sending him would kill him. So God places a mark on his head so that no man would kill him. This indicates Adam and Eve had been around long enough have a lot of babies.
And a lot of incest.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61614 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
6 total days it took God from start of universe to all living things done. What God did with Cain was painted him black so he look like the savage subhuman blacks. Only White people are Gods chosen or human as it were.
Okay, you Poe'd us, right?

Since: Sep 12

United States

#61615 Nov 28, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Obama is HALF human, you know.

/scarcasm
So would that mean he evolved backward?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61616 Nov 28, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir I'm going to pray for you. I prefer atheists to bigots.
I'm sure atheists will appreciate the sentiment.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61617 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
I am not a bigot. I treat all humans equal.
Yeah, but apparently humans are only those who fit with your narrow view of Christianity. You part of the Phelps family then?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61618 Nov 28, 2012
Jim wrote:
God said Dec 21 2012 I am repossesing it all o more referrls pay up.
Why do fundie Christians give a hoot what the Mayans have to say?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61619 Nov 28, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't think that there's any conflict at all between science today and the Scriptures. I think that we have misinterpreted the Scriptures many times and we've tried to make the Scriptures say things they weren't meant to say, I think that we have made a mistake by thinking the Bible is a scientific book. The Bible is not a book of science. The Bible is a book of Redemption, and of course I accept the Creation story. I believe that God did create the universe. I believe that God created man, and whether it came by an evolutionary process and at a certain point He took this person or being and made him a living soul or not, does not change the fact that God did create man.... whichever way God did it makes no difference as to what man is and man's relationship to God."
Billy Graham: Personal Thoughts of a Public Man, 1997. p. 72-74
Hm, interesting. I'd kinda dismissed him as another Rushdoony type. My mistake.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61620 Nov 28, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
Or perhaps this guy is an exception to the camel and needle parable...
They all say that...

:-/
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61621 Nov 28, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
So would that mean he evolved backward?
Evolution is not goal-directed. There is no "forwards" or "backwards". There is only change and the passage of time.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#61622 Nov 28, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Humans ARE apes. Who are you to say what the Lord Almighty God the Creator of the entire universe can or cannot do? God is not limited by your petty imagination, nor the petty understanding of the simple men who wrote the Bible.

By the way, man DOES adapt - for instance look at the Han-Chinese who have adapted to living at higher altitudes. Not by technology, but biological evolution.

Elephants can also change their environment. In some places they have a habit of knocking down trees. Doesn't mean they stop evolving though.
According to the bible Adam was still live when Noah was born so maybe God flooded the earth because evolution went wild and he had to cover up the ape kids of Adam and Eve. Or a more logical thought here God created what he wanted to the way he wanted to and he used a similar blue print when creating man as he did when creating apes. A grass hut is a building so is a skyscraper they're same no but they're both buildings. A jumbo jetliner is an airplane so is a biplane same idea but not the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Strahan is the latest bizarre addition ... 2 min Kid_Tomorrow 2
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min -Lea- 21,396
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 12 min Cyan in CA 40,334
Jeff Goldbluma s bizarre new lightbulb ad 14 min Kid_Tomorrow 7
Oregon Cops: Suspect Drove Fast, Had Strong Smell 20 min DILF 4
last word - first (Jun '12) 23 min DILF 6,988
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 23 min dragoon70056 2,673
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 35 min Princess Hey 147,774
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 51 min Juju Beans 6,426
Doctors Remove 9-Pound Hairball From Teen's Sto... 1 hr dragoon70056 8