Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
57,461 - 57,480 of 114,621 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>Right, because the bible isn't an example of relying on the words of ther men....
Did you even read the post I was replying to? It's ok I understand some people have attention deficit disorder slip now and than just try to read the whole thing next time.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>4.5 billion???? LOL...Satan sure has a hold of your heart and mind. 20,000 is the very odlest the earth can be...THAT IS FACT.....SORRY YOUR JUNK LIE SCIENCE WONT CHANGE THAT......

You can assert whatever you want, but the facts are facts, and the evidence for the age of the earth is undisputed in science.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Any point?
Thank you, and finally I must have hit upon something interesting. Yes, I do have a point and it is about the Bible and ancient trade routes.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>You have 4 choices:

1 - Your god is a wuss for letting Satan plant all that evidence

2 - Your god is a liar for planting all that evidence.

3 - Goddidit with evolution and you're denying the reality God made in favour of idolizing the Bible, an ancient superstitious book written by ignorant goat herders who thought the Earth was flat.

4 - Your god doesn't exist.
Ill have a proof for number 4 and can you super size that.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Good lord, tell Reuters that reincarnation does happen. Otherwise, how did Bishop Uusher managed to re-appear here with his ideas from 1650? However, he clearly miscalculated when he claimed that the earth was formed in 4004 BC as his reincarnation tells us it's 20,000 years old.

Great to be informed of the new data. Can't find it in the bible, but of course I'll immediately espouce the idea with no evidence whatsoever. However, one thing does worry me. At the time of his original incarnation, we had a Witchfinder General in England and burned those found guilty by him. Hope his doppelganager doesn't also return. Might start burning all scientists.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I posted fact..THE BIBLE IS THE TRUTH...Not your satan science.
Okay, the bible is a book of faith. For you, it is the truth because you believe it, not because there is any empirical evidence to support what is says (in fact, there is a considerable amount disproving claims made in it). Science is based on proven facts, garnered by years of experiments. But because you type in capitals, everyone will agree with you. Somehow, that seems a little unlikely to me.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>I posted fact..THE BIBLE IS THE TRUTH...Not your satan science.
Science is not satan. Science just like the bible can be used by satan as a tool. When evil is in your heart satan uses men as tools. Science has done a lot of good healed a lot of sick people and saved lives. Science discovers things about the world around us. I only doubt evolution how ever I do not doubt adaptation. I do not believe one species becomes another. I do believe a species will change so it can better survive its environment.

“America -God's Favorite Cuntry”

Since: Aug 12

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I only doubt evolution how ever I do not doubt adaptation. I do not believe one species becomes another. I do believe a species will change so it can better survive its environment.
So what happens when you have many years of adaptation? In other words adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation and so on...

Could it be the original species would look much different evetually?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
No Christian would back up evolution or the billion year old earth lies...
Radiometric Dating -- A Christian Perspective

Dr. Roger C. Wiens

More about the author:

Dr. Wiens received a bachelor's degree in Physics from Wheaton College and a PhD from the University of Minnesota, doing research on meteorites and moon rocks. He spent two years at Scripps Institution of Oceanography (La Jolla, CA) where he studied isotopes of helium, neon, argon, and nitrogen in terrestrial rocks. He worked seven years in the Geological and Planetary Sciences Division at Caltech, where he continued the study of meteorites and worked for NASA on the feasibility of a space mission to return solar wind samples to Earth for study. Dr. Wiens wrote the first edition of this paper while in Pasadena. In 1997 he joined the Space and Atmospheric Sciences group at Los Alamos National Laboratory, where he has been in charge of building and flying the payload for the solar-wind mission, as well as developing new instruments for other space missions. He has published over twenty scientific research papers and has also published articles in Christian magazines. Dr. Wiens became a Christian at a young age, and has been a member of Mennonite Brethren, General Conference Baptist, and Conservative Congregational, and Vineyard denominations. He does not see a conflict between science in its ideal form (the study of God's handiwork) and the Bible, or between miracles on the one hand, and an old Earth on the other.

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/resources/Wiens.html

<<end cut/paste>>

Upon careful reflection, and consideration of the evidence, I believe I'll accept Dr Wiens' position on the age of the earth rather than an apparently under-educated individual on the interwebz.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
LOL>.....No not at all.....Earth at very very most is 20,000 years old....STOP THE LIES. Satan has ahold of your mind. He is telling you to spread his junk lies.

Sorry, there are multiple scientific methods to date the earth and they all come out to the same figure.

Your unsupported assertions cannot change reality.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Those methods come from satan...So yea they are lies.
Since, according to you, science comes from satan, I assume if you fall ill you do not consider visiting his spawn, the doctor?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is not satan. Science just like the bible can be used by satan as a tool. When evil is in your heart satan uses men as tools. Science has done a lot of good healed a lot of sick people and saved lives. Science discovers things about the world around us. I only doubt evolution how ever I do not doubt adaptation. I do not believe one species becomes another. I do believe a species will change so it can better survive its environment.

Darwin believed the same thing.

Adaptation is one of the mechanisms of evolution.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
Those methods come from satan...So yea they are lies.

If science comes from Satan then technology comes from satan as well.

So why are you typing on a tool of satan? I also bet you have a TV, a microwave oven and probably a cell phone. TOOLS OF SATAN! So you are satans follower just as much.

Say hello to your master Satan, for me.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>So what happens when you have many years of adaptation? In other words adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation and so on...

Could it be the original species would look much different evetually?
Man doesn't really need to adapt does it we change the world around us thus changing our environment. God created man not ape which at some later point became a man.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since, according to you, science comes from satan, I assume if you fall ill you do not consider visiting his spawn, the doctor?

Horrors! Doctors use science AND technology. A satanic double whammy, Batman!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
No all science...Just any science that lies about age of the Earth and stupid evolution....

Okay, the age of the earth is determined by physics, chemistry, geology, astronomy.
Evolution is determined by biology (genetics, evolution), anthropology, paleontology, chemistry and physics.

So, isn't that pretty much ALL of science?

Oh, and your doctor is probably well versed in biology, some genetics, chemistry, evolution, and some of those other satanic sciences.

AND you are still using tools of satan (technology developed by applying the above sciences) in the form of computers, the internet, cell phones, tv, gps, microwave ovens,........

Sounds like satan has the wool pulled over your eyes.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
I posted fact..THE BIBLE IS THE TRUTH...Not your satan science.
Nope you posted what you believe, there is a MAJOR difference between that and FACT.

Fact can be verified, what you think can’t

Some small fragments of the babble can be verified, such as particular geography or people in the sidelines. The mains points and mains characters however cannot be verified, in fact some are known to be outright falsifications – I.e, lies

However as I have said you are welcome to you own beliefs.
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
No all science...Just any science that lies about age of the Earth and stupid evolution....
Translation: "Not the science I use, just the science I don't understand and won't bother to learn about".
Anonymous

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
That million billion stuff is satans lies. 20,000 years old is the very very oldest the earth is. FACT.
The only fact here is that you obviously don't understand the definition of the word fact, a real fact would is that the earth is billions of years old

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
The Earth is less then 20,000 years old and man has not evolved from an ape....ANYTHING THAT SAYS DIFFERENT IS A LIE AND SATANS WORK.
"It is not necessarily impossible for human beings to fly, but it so happens that God did not give them the knowledge of how to do it. It follows, therefore, that anyone who claims that he can fly must have sought the aid of the devil. To attempt to fly is therefore sinful."

— Roger Bacon, thirteenth century Franciscan friar.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••