Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,874)

Showing posts 57,461 - 57,480 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Noah built an altar (an elevated structure) and his sons must have seen how he built it, and Nimrod may have fashioned towers after its design. The towers may have been pyramid structures that were made of stones that were made from morter that was desolved in water with acid plant extracts or slime as the Bible calls it in GEN 11:3. Pyramids have been found in South America and a white pyramid is also in China. Of course the most famous are those in Egypt and it is interesting that some of the Egyptian mummies had traces of cocain and nicotine which is found in native plants in America and not in Africa.
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Again how is the science behind finding oil come from the SATANIC EVOLUTION JUNK SCIENCE...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You might want to post this again. This post sent me to my opening page. It did not go to a specific video.
It's just a silly little thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Science never goes against God. The Christian Bible is not God, it w as written by men. Even if inspired it would be easy for them to make mistakes. There are countless mistakes in your Bible.
So the men who wrote the bible can make mistakes because they're men and like you said even if inspired. Ill take the word of a man maybe being inspired by God. Than the word of some other man inspired by some other man being inspired by some other man writing a paper on evolution. Btw if evolution is correct you guys should use robin Williams as your missing link that dude has some massive hair.
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be why there were no earthquakes 2 or 3 hundred years ago and earlier, before we were extracting oil from the earth.
....Oh...wait....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20808...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
What is funny is the THEORY of evolution is being forced on us as fact. Yet when faced with the FACT of the Bible these same people say the facts lie and there THEORY should be law...SAD. Satan is smart....and people are dumb.
How right you are!

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
LOL. I'm actually a genetics major. What's your cred?
Also, how about instead of telling ME to do research to prove that YOU are correct, you point me to some article that indicates such, rather than using conclusory statements, which basically amount to you saying I am are wrong, and you are right, without using any facts or data to support your position?
Degree in Biology and Zoology.

Just look beyond ENCODE's hyperbolic news release(s):

http://sandwalk.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-enco...

http://blogs.nature.com/news/2012/09/fighting...

http://www.michaeleisen.org/blog/...

There is more to the story than "80% FUNCTIONAL!"

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Sublime.
A genetics major? Double Fine was unaware.
What was said argument about?
Hey wassup?

Yes, I was. I worked in a research lab during college and shortly before graduation realized that I did not want to get an advanced degree and do that sort of thing for the rest of my life. I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to do at that point. However, I had a roommate who was planning on going down the road I eventually took and he suggested I would be good at it and that I look into doing the same. I figured why not. Unlike college, I buckled down in graduate school, stopped going out all the time and partying, applied myself, got good grades, and here I am today.

The argument was over junk DNA. I was trying to explain that more recent research is demonstrating that this DNA is not junk, and instead plays an important role in gene regulation.
Recent research is suggesting that many genes are more like building blocks, that many species share in common. Junk DNA is more like an architect who ultimately shapes development. In much the same way that two buildings that use the same exact bricks, steel, and what not can look remarkably different simply because different architects designed the buildings, you can have two species that look remarkably different, not so much because their genes are different, but because so called Junk DNA controls when genes are turned on and turned off.

It’s still all very cutting edge, however. There is a lot we don’t know.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

straa wrote:
<quoted text>You seem like a nice guy, we're not used to that from the creos on this forum, but that doesn't excuse people of being rude or insulting to you, those people are damaging the reputation of us evo supporters, so don't be put off by insults, we should know better
Thank you. While we don't agree on the origins of the universe I do try to remain respectful.
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
The earth is old atleast 12,000 maybe even 20,000 years old.
Closer to 4.5 Billion.
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution requires an old earth. Geology confirms the earth is very old. Understanding geology and past life (which is what oil is a product of) helps us discover oil.

On a more vague point though, the scientific method is the underlying principle that unites all science, whether it be studying earths stratigraphy, creating medicines to treat diseases, manufacturing plastics from oil, or studying life's history on our planet. The scientific method remains consistent. You cannot remove it based on personal whims and still expect to be remain logically coherent.
I'm a Christian and I will never argue the age of earth even the bible is unclear on the age of earth. The bible says the earth was without form an the spirit of God moved over the face of the deep. This implies earth was here before god started creating anything. Than how long where Adam an eve in the garden making like the bunnies before they were banished? What was going on outside the garden during that time? That idea that we Christians spout about the earth only being 8k years old is bunk the proof is every where

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Let me get this straight, I refer to an article that discusses the results of a five-year project that has been published on Wednesday across 30 papers in the journals Nature, Science, Genome Biology and Genome Research, you tell me I need to do research outside of an article that discusses a five-year project that has been published on Wednesday across 30 papers in the journals Nature, Science, Genome Biology and Genome Research, I ask you why you are making me do your work for you and why you don’t point me to this research, and you come back with nothing but BLOGS!!

Newsflash: Any moron with access to a computer and internet connection can have a blog. Just look at Ferrerman.:p

“America -God's Favorite Cuntry”

Since: Aug 12

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
The earth is old atleast 12,000 maybe even 20,000 years old.
I agree. It as at least 12,000 years old. It may even be 4.5 billion years old.

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
So the men who wrote the bible can make mistakes because they're men and like you said even if inspired. Ill take the word of a man maybe being inspired by God. Than the word of some other man inspired by some other man being inspired by some other man writing a paper on evolution. Btw if evolution is correct you guys should use robin Williams as your missing link that dude has some massive hair.
Right, because the bible isn't an example of relying on the words of ther men....
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
LOL...Satans lies...20,000 at very very oldest. Facts dont change.
I see your education consisted exclusively of Chick Tracts.
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
That million billion stuff is satans lies. 20,000 years old is the very very oldest the earth is. FACT.
“You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.”

&#8213; Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
That million billion stuff is satans lies. 20,000 years old is the very very oldest the earth is. FACT.
Call me crazy for asking, but do you have evidence for this 20000 year idea? Certainly it doesn't come from science.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
When science goes againt God it is satanic. Evolution is a satan lie....
Nope – when science goes against got it is science – satan has bugger all to do with evidence and fact

Evolution is proven as factual, the evidence is overwhelming, the theory of evolution explains the fact. Because you don’t like that is no ones problem but your own. Denying such a proven fact is in itself lying and is it not christians who teach that satan is the father of lies.

And I see you still used you computer to communicate your belief

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
What is funny is the THEORY of evolution is being forced on us as fact. Yet when faced with the FACT of the Bible these same people say the facts lie and there THEORY should be law...SAD. Satan is smart....and people are dumb.

I am confused. I don't know anyone who thinks, has been taught or would teach that the Theory of Evolution is a fact. Nor does anyone say that the Theory of Gravitation should be taught as a fact.

However, both the theories are founded on fact. Observable fact. So in common terms we would consider both gravity and evolution to be facts.

On the other hand, the Bible is not, per se, a book of fact. The bible is a collection of stories culled from an oral tradition. It contains both facts and non facts. This does not detract, in my opinion, from the Bible as a religious document.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 57,461 - 57,480 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••