Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#61508 Nov 28, 2012
Ocean currents that run arround the northern part of the Pacific could have brought people here from Asia and Europe thousands of years ago because the flow from the Southern Yellow sea past Japan, and the Aleuts would bring them to the coast of Western Mexico and the current returns to Asia on a southern route. If people of that time had a technique to dissolve stone into soft claylike blocks, then this would explain how percision fits were made in large structures.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#61509 Nov 28, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Noah built an altar (an elevated structure) and his sons must have seen how he built it, and Nimrod may have fashioned towers after its design. The towers may have been pyramid structures that were made of stones that were made from morter that was desolved in water with acid plant extracts or slime as the Bible calls it in GEN 11:3. Pyramids have been found in South America and a white pyramid is also in China. Of course the most famous are those in Egypt and it is interesting that some of the Egyptian mummies had traces of cocain and nicotine which is found in native plants in America and not in Africa.

Interesting. Any point?

“America -God's Favorite Cuntry”

Since: Aug 12

Real America, USA

#61510 Nov 28, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible and 2000 years of studying the Bible have told us.
That hardly seems like evidence. Try again. This time use evidence. Use the FACTS you keep yelling about.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#61511 Nov 28, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
Let me get this straight, I refer to an article that discusses the results of a five-year project that has been published on Wednesday across 30 papers in the journals Nature, Science, Genome Biology and Genome Research, you tell me I need to do research outside of an article that discusses a five-year project that has been published on Wednesday across 30 papers in the journals Nature, Science, Genome Biology and Genome Research, I ask you why you are making me do your work for you and why you donít point me to this research, and you come back with nothing but BLOGS!!
Newsflash: Any moron with access to a computer and internet connection can have a blog. Just look at Ferrerman.:p
Yes. I suggested you look outside a single newspaper article. Blogs are good sources of opinion and generally link to more substantial sources.

What got me suspicious about the hyperbole released by the ENCODE project was a knowledge of what sort of odds and ends make up our genome and the unlikelyhood that most of it could have been repurposed for useful function.

Most of our DNA has some sort of function, but it doesn't contribute to the development of our phenotype.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#61512 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>4.5 billion???? LOL...Satan sure has a hold of your heart and mind. 20,000 is the very odlest the earth can be...THAT IS FACT.....SORRY YOUR JUNK LIE SCIENCE WONT CHANGE THAT......
Nope that is you belief and nothing more

The observed and measured evidence says different

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#61513 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
The earth is old atleast 12,000 maybe even 20,000 years old.

The earth is "4.54 billion years with a precision of as little as 1% margin for error."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#61514 Nov 28, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume he was using a Gregorian calendar?
Julian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ussher

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussher_chronolog...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#61515 Nov 28, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Ocean currents that run arround the northern part of the Pacific could have brought people here from Asia and Europe thousands of years ago because the flow from the Southern Yellow sea past Japan, and the Aleuts would bring them to the coast of Western Mexico and the current returns to Asia on a southern route. If people of that time had a technique to dissolve stone into soft claylike blocks, then this would explain how percision fits were made in large structures.

Again, a point?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#61518 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
No Christian would back up evolution or the billion year old earth lies...

Is Billy Graham a Christian?
Is the Pope a Christian?

The MAJORITY of Christians around the world accept evolution.

Apparently you have never heard of Theistic Evolution.

No Christian would get on line and lie about what other Christians believe, now would they?

Since: Sep 12

United States

#61519 Nov 28, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>Right, because the bible isn't an example of relying on the words of ther men....
Did you even read the post I was replying to? It's ok I understand some people have attention deficit disorder slip now and than just try to read the whole thing next time.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#61520 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>4.5 billion???? LOL...Satan sure has a hold of your heart and mind. 20,000 is the very odlest the earth can be...THAT IS FACT.....SORRY YOUR JUNK LIE SCIENCE WONT CHANGE THAT......

You can assert whatever you want, but the facts are facts, and the evidence for the age of the earth is undisputed in science.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#61521 Nov 28, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Any point?
Thank you, and finally I must have hit upon something interesting. Yes, I do have a point and it is about the Bible and ancient trade routes.

United States

#61522 Nov 28, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>You have 4 choices:

1 - Your god is a wuss for letting Satan plant all that evidence

2 - Your god is a liar for planting all that evidence.

3 - Goddidit with evolution and you're denying the reality God made in favour of idolizing the Bible, an ancient superstitious book written by ignorant goat herders who thought the Earth was flat.

4 - Your god doesn't exist.
Ill have a proof for number 4 and can you super size that.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

London, UK

#61523 Nov 28, 2012
Good lord, tell Reuters that reincarnation does happen. Otherwise, how did Bishop Uusher managed to re-appear here with his ideas from 1650? However, he clearly miscalculated when he claimed that the earth was formed in 4004 BC as his reincarnation tells us it's 20,000 years old.

Great to be informed of the new data. Can't find it in the bible, but of course I'll immediately espouce the idea with no evidence whatsoever. However, one thing does worry me. At the time of his original incarnation, we had a Witchfinder General in England and burned those found guilty by him. Hope his doppelganager doesn't also return. Might start burning all scientists.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

London, UK

#61524 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
I posted fact..THE BIBLE IS THE TRUTH...Not your satan science.
Okay, the bible is a book of faith. For you, it is the truth because you believe it, not because there is any empirical evidence to support what is says (in fact, there is a considerable amount disproving claims made in it). Science is based on proven facts, garnered by years of experiments. But because you type in capitals, everyone will agree with you. Somehow, that seems a little unlikely to me.

United States

#61525 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>I posted fact..THE BIBLE IS THE TRUTH...Not your satan science.
Science is not satan. Science just like the bible can be used by satan as a tool. When evil is in your heart satan uses men as tools. Science has done a lot of good healed a lot of sick people and saved lives. Science discovers things about the world around us. I only doubt evolution how ever I do not doubt adaptation. I do not believe one species becomes another. I do believe a species will change so it can better survive its environment.

“America -God's Favorite Cuntry”

Since: Aug 12

Real America, USA

#61526 Nov 28, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I only doubt evolution how ever I do not doubt adaptation. I do not believe one species becomes another. I do believe a species will change so it can better survive its environment.
So what happens when you have many years of adaptation? In other words adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation + adaptation and so on...

Could it be the original species would look much different evetually?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#61527 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
No Christian would back up evolution or the billion year old earth lies...
Radiometric Dating -- A Christian Perspective

Dr. Roger C. Wiens

More about the author:

Dr. Wiens received a bachelor's degree in Physics from Wheaton College and a PhD from the University of Minnesota, doing research on meteorites and moon rocks. He spent two years at Scripps Institution of Oceanography (La Jolla, CA) where he studied isotopes of helium, neon, argon, and nitrogen in terrestrial rocks. He worked seven years in the Geological and Planetary Sciences Division at Caltech, where he continued the study of meteorites and worked for NASA on the feasibility of a space mission to return solar wind samples to Earth for study. Dr. Wiens wrote the first edition of this paper while in Pasadena. In 1997 he joined the Space and Atmospheric Sciences group at Los Alamos National Laboratory, where he has been in charge of building and flying the payload for the solar-wind mission, as well as developing new instruments for other space missions. He has published over twenty scientific research papers and has also published articles in Christian magazines. Dr. Wiens became a Christian at a young age, and has been a member of Mennonite Brethren, General Conference Baptist, and Conservative Congregational, and Vineyard denominations. He does not see a conflict between science in its ideal form (the study of God's handiwork) and the Bible, or between miracles on the one hand, and an old Earth on the other.

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/resources/Wiens.html

<<end cut/paste>>

Upon careful reflection, and consideration of the evidence, I believe I'll accept Dr Wiens' position on the age of the earth rather than an apparently under-educated individual on the interwebz.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#61528 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
LOL>.....No not at all.....Earth at very very most is 20,000 years old....STOP THE LIES. Satan has ahold of your mind. He is telling you to spread his junk lies.

Sorry, there are multiple scientific methods to date the earth and they all come out to the same figure.

Your unsupported assertions cannot change reality.

“Ignore the trolls”

Level 6

London, UK

#61530 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Those methods come from satan...So yea they are lies.
Since, according to you, science comes from satan, I assume if you fall ill you do not consider visiting his spawn, the doctor?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 10 min Analog man 1,803
ChANge "2" letter ChANgLE 11 min Hoosier Hillbilly 32
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min Wolftracks 151,113
Change-Six-Of-Six-Letters....Fun Game! 13 min Go for It 382
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 16 min Capital of Greece 3,779
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 20 min FTW Forever 302
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 21 min Deer Whisperer 37,494
Bill Cosby 22 min Mitt s Airtight D... 230
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 2 hr Capn Greg 14

Weird People Search