Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
57,421 - 57,440 of 115,233 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#61484 Nov 28, 2012
Let me get this straight, I refer to an article that discusses the results of a five-year project that has been published on Wednesday across 30 papers in the journals Nature, Science, Genome Biology and Genome Research, you tell me I need to do research outside of an article that discusses a five-year project that has been published on Wednesday across 30 papers in the journals Nature, Science, Genome Biology and Genome Research, I ask you why you are making me do your work for you and why you don’t point me to this research, and you come back with nothing but BLOGS!!

Newsflash: Any moron with access to a computer and internet connection can have a blog. Just look at Ferrerman.:p

“America -God's Favorite Cuntry”

Since: Aug 12

Real America, USA

#61485 Nov 28, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is old atleast 12,000 maybe even 20,000 years old.
I agree. It as at least 12,000 years old. It may even be 4.5 billion years old.

Real America, USA

#61486 Nov 28, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
So the men who wrote the bible can make mistakes because they're men and like you said even if inspired. Ill take the word of a man maybe being inspired by God. Than the word of some other man inspired by some other man being inspired by some other man writing a paper on evolution. Btw if evolution is correct you guys should use robin Williams as your missing link that dude has some massive hair.
Right, because the bible isn't an example of relying on the words of ther men....
Elohim

Branford, CT

#61488 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
LOL...Satans lies...20,000 at very very oldest. Facts dont change.
I see your education consisted exclusively of Chick Tracts.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#61489 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
That million billion stuff is satans lies. 20,000 years old is the very very oldest the earth is. FACT.
“You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.”

&#8213; Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Real America, USA

#61490 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
That million billion stuff is satans lies. 20,000 years old is the very very oldest the earth is. FACT.
Call me crazy for asking, but do you have evidence for this 20000 year idea? Certainly it doesn't come from science.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#61491 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
When science goes againt God it is satanic. Evolution is a satan lie....
Nope – when science goes against got it is science – satan has bugger all to do with evidence and fact

Evolution is proven as factual, the evidence is overwhelming, the theory of evolution explains the fact. Because you don’t like that is no ones problem but your own. Denying such a proven fact is in itself lying and is it not christians who teach that satan is the father of lies.

And I see you still used you computer to communicate your belief

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#61492 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
What is funny is the THEORY of evolution is being forced on us as fact. Yet when faced with the FACT of the Bible these same people say the facts lie and there THEORY should be law...SAD. Satan is smart....and people are dumb.

I am confused. I don't know anyone who thinks, has been taught or would teach that the Theory of Evolution is a fact. Nor does anyone say that the Theory of Gravitation should be taught as a fact.

However, both the theories are founded on fact. Observable fact. So in common terms we would consider both gravity and evolution to be facts.

On the other hand, the Bible is not, per se, a book of fact. The bible is a collection of stories culled from an oral tradition. It contains both facts and non facts. This does not detract, in my opinion, from the Bible as a religious document.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#61493 Nov 28, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me crazy for asking, but do you have evidence for this 20000 year idea? Certainly it doesn't come from science.
Bishop Usher?

Level 6

#61494 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
LOL...Satans lies...20,000 at very very oldest. Facts dont change.
4.5 billion, proven fact

20,000 or 10,000 or 8,000 or 6,000 lies, satanic lies of satan worshippers.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#61495 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Again how is the science behind finding oil come from the SATANIC EVOLUTION JUNK SCIENCE...

Geology, lithology, plate tectonics, paleontology, stratigraphy, etc are what is needed to find old.

These fields of science also support evolution (directly or indirectly).

If science is "satanic", then why do we have scientists who are Christians?

If science is "satanic", then why do many church denominations support evolution and maintain that it is not an obstacle to faith in god?

If science is "satanic", then why have many ministers signed the clergy letter project and why did one of them start this site:
www.thankgodforevolution.com/
?

Level 6

#61496 Nov 28, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not come from the babble either –

Bishop James Usher calculated it from the bible genealogies to October 23rd 4004 BC
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61497 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Only God is real. All those idol gods are fake...That is diffence.
Only Zeus is real. All those idol gods are fake. That is the diffence.

See how easy this is?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61498 Nov 28, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
Dude,
In order to see God, you have to open your heart. Incidentally, while the heart is open the eyes must be shut, ears must be plugged, and the mind off. Basically you must have no use of your senses, especially common sense. Those who are capable of doing these acts are virtuous among the faithful.
Until you feel the mind numbing effects of christianity, you will never understand.
Thank God for that!

:-p
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61501 Nov 28, 2012
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Bishop Usher?
Nah, Ussher was 6,000 years. Obviously C-L is from one of those obscure sects who have their facts straight.

(Dude hides sarcasm meter)

Real America, USA

#61503 Nov 28, 2012
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Bishop Usher?
We'll see what he replise with, but that was my assumption as well.

How incredibly ignorant it would be to ignore all of science in the blind support of an idea presented by a superstitious bishop with poor logic and inherently flawed calculations despite the lack of any evidence in support of the claim, and mountains of evidence to the contrary.

Real America, USA

#61504 Nov 28, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not come from the babble either –
Bishop James Usher calculated it from the bible genealogies to October 23rd 4004 BC
I assume he was using a Gregorian calendar?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61505 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
When science goes againt God it is satanic. Evolution is a satan lie....
You have 4 choices:

1 - Your god is a wuss for letting Satan plant all that evidence

2 - Your god is a liar for planting all that evidence.

3 - Goddidit with evolution and you're denying the reality God made in favour of idolizing the Bible, an ancient superstitious book written by ignorant goat herders who thought the Earth was flat.

4 - Your god doesn't exist.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61506 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
No Christian would back up evolution or the billion year old earth lies...
It's not evolution where we get the age of the Earth and the universe from. It's physics and chemistry.

By the way, the Bible makes NO MENTION WHATSOEVER about the age of the Earth or the universe. Your young Earth claims are made from the assumption that Biblical character lineages are accurate and had no periods of history inbetween.

In other words you are a reality denier with no evidence.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#61507 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
The Bible and 2000 years of studying the Bible have told us.
.......and the 5 tabs of acid you took with your morning coffee

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min PFfff 35,973
Women's Fantasies 6 min Fantasies 3
Panda Faked Pregnancy for Extra Bamboo 7 min PFfff 9
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 53 min Hoosier Hillbilly 17,322
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 55 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,154
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 55 min curiouslu 54,405
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 57 min curiouslu 3,450
Fergson Police Dept. 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 367
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr the wandering girl 145,231
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr Just TLC 28,501
What's your tip for the day? 3 hr SLY WEST 807
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 hr -Lea- 18,602
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••