Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
57,401 - 57,420 of 112,980 Comments Last updated 51 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

By the way Constitution Lover, when you invoke Pascal's Wager ( the old what if I am right? myth ) you open up belief to all religions. Obviously some gods are easier to believe in than others. The only one that I know is consistent with science is the Pastafarian Earth. They too believe in a young Earth, but they believe it was created to look old and they believe that the FSM purposefully adjusts dates to give scientists the wrong answer. That is much better than the half-assed apologetics we get for the errors in Genesis, Exodus and the Old Testament in general.

And why are you arguing about the existence of your god anyway? Evolution has nothing to do with whether the Christian god is real or not. All it does is to debunk the fairy tales told in Genesis. Surely you can live with that?

“America -God's Favorite Cuntry”

Since: Aug 12

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Just think though in your mind. If I am right and you dont believe you will burn in hell....How can you take that chance?
Ah yes. Pascal's wager. I see you've done your math. Leave it to the christians to mask superstition under faulty math logic. Now if only us christians could find a way to do the same with science.... Oh yes, how silly of me. Intelligent Design. bingo!

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

I respect everyones choice to not follow God. You can all have your Satanic science. As for me and my family we will follow God. The God of the Holy Bible is the one and only true God and power in the universe. Fact is fact.
Since when has science been satanic?

You are proud to use science to make you life easier while at the same time decrying it. Infact you actually use the products of science to decry science. Sound very hypocritical to me.

The chances are machines that were developed using science printed your babble. Your appearance of topix means that you use science to communicate. Do you or any of you family need to take medication? Have you are you family ever had an MRI scan?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
Only God is real. All those idol gods are fake...That is diffence.
Are you defying and denying what it says in the babble, It is written that even your god admitted that there were other gods several times

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
Evolution should not be taught. I mean the world is at most 20,000 years old..that is fact. Evolution is a massive satan lie.
I agree. Evolution is a satan lie. Incidentally that lie is also supoorted by ALL the physical evidence, is observable, is testable, concurs with everything that is currently understood, is falsifiable, is universally excepted by the scientifically literate, and can be easily understood by anyone even remotely interested in wanting to educate themselves about the topic.

Instead of this overwhelming evidence persuading me, I chose to sink into an evershrinking bubble in which I have to continually ignore more and more of the world around me in order to maintain my views. Some say this is a sad, pathetic waste of a brain, but I think it is virtuous.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
Evolution should not be taught. I mean the world is at most 20,000 years old..that is fact. Evolution is a massive satan lie.
We have massive evidence that that is not the case.

Unless you claim that your god formed the rocks with all the fossils in them to designed to look old. This is not just the theory of evolution we are talking about, this is geology and just about every other science.

By the way, if you believe that then wouldn't it be hypocritical on your part if you used evolution and geology that said the Earth was billions of years old in your daily life?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Evolution is a satan lie. Incidentally that lie is also supoorted by ALL the physical evidence, is observable, is testable, concurs with everything that is currently understood, is falsifiable, is universally excepted by the scientifically literate, and can be easily understood by anyone even remotely interested in wanting to educate themselves about the topic.
Instead of this overwhelming evidence persuading me, I chose to sink into an evershrinking bubble in which I have to continually ignore more and more of the world around me in order to maintain my views. Some say this is a sad, pathetic waste of a brain, but I think it is virtuous.
I like your thinking!

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
When science goes againt God it is satanic. Evolution is a satan lie....
I like to pick and chose my reality too.

No way can evidence persuade a mind full of faith!

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
When science goes againt God it is satanic. Evolution is a satan lie....
Science never goes against God. The Christian Bible is not God, it w as written by men. Even if inspired it would be easy for them to make mistakes. There are countless mistakes in your Bible.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to pick and chose my reality too.
No way can evidence persuade a mind full of faith!
Let me tempt you with an even better god.

What is your position on beer?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to many details I'm not a linguist but I thought that Rome spread Latin from one end of its empire to the other and that was why Spanish English German etc.. Were so close.
Okay.

Latin was spread by the Empire, and did have a heavy influence on Spanish, French, and of course Italian. German was not so much Ltinized, and (to lump all the Northern languages together) Scandinavian , very little.

The trouble with English is that, although it was heavily influenced by Latin, it was also heavily influenced by EVERYTHING else.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some research beyond a newspaper article. Most of your DNA has nothing to do with phenotype development. It does things, but nothing useful. Junk is an accurate term.
LOL. I'm actually a genetics major. What's your cred?

Also, how about instead of telling ME to do research to prove that YOU are correct, you point me to some article that indicates such, rather than using conclusory statements, which basically amount to you saying I am are wrong, and you are right, without using any facts or data to support your position?

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Science never goes against God. The Christian Bible is not God, it w as written by men. Even if inspired it would be easy for them to make mistakes. There are countless mistakes in your Bible.
It wasn't written by just any men... ancient, superstitious goat herders. Clearly they are a far superior breed of intelligent, insightful men even by today's standards.

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me tempt you with an even better god.
What is your position on beer?
I drink Budweiser every evening while on my recliner while watching Fox News... Why?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
THERE IS NO MISTAKES IN THE BIBLE LIAR..........It is flawless. And yes evolution science goes againt Gods word and truth,...You might have come from a monkey but I am made in GODS IMAGE...
I am not lying. What would I gain by lying? Do you need to see the errors for yourself? The self contradictions? The errors in science? That they thought the world was flat?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
No...Th earth is no more then 20,000 years old..FACTS DONT CHANGE WITH YOUR JUNK SATAN SCIENCE...
So, you wouldn't use that "JUNK SATAN SCIENCE" in your everyday life?

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
THERE IS NO MISTAKES IN THE BIBLE LIAR..........It is flawless. And yes evolution science goes againt Gods word and truth,...You might have come from a monkey but I am made in GODS IMAGE...
Likewise, there IS no mistakes in your post. And there certainly IS no mistakes in your logic.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't written by just any men... ancient, superstitious goat herders. Clearly they are a far superior breed of intelligent, insightful men even by today's standards.
Well that goes without saying. Of course we don't want to say what they did with those goats. A man does get lonely though.

“Licensed to Ill”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Christian I believe in God because of several points in my life where I had problems and beyond all logical reasoning God was there. As far as other Gods I only believe in one true God. I neither force my beliefs on other nor hold a grudge so to speak against evos such as yourself. I have seen God work in ways you can't explain away as coincidence. I believe God created all life because I have no reason to doubt it. If you care to dance please make it a waltz I'm not much of a dancer.
How did you know god was there? What happened to cause you to believe this, if I may ask?

Also, my questions were direct to Mazhere, who denies evolution.

It is possible for a person such as you to believe in god and still acknowledge evolution exists due to the will of god.

Simply because one believes in god, I fail to see why one should ignore observable facts and deny evolution.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
I drink Budweiser every evening while on my recliner while watching Fox News... Why?
Patience, patience. And strippers?(think vestal virgins if strippers makes you uneasy).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••