Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#61449 Nov 28, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I'm actually a genetics major. What's your cred?
Also, how about instead of telling ME to do research to prove that YOU are correct, you point me to some article that indicates such, rather than using conclusory statements, which basically amount to you saying I am are wrong, and you are right, without using any facts or data to support your position?
Yo Sublime.

A genetics major? Double Fine was unaware.

What was said argument about?

“America -God's Favorite Cuntry”

Since: Aug 12

Real America, USA

#61450 Nov 28, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Patience, patience. And strippers?(think vestal virgins if strippers makes you uneasy).
If by strippers you mean the blonde gal on Fox and Friends (Gretchen), then oh yes! To finish my Fox news bit earlier, I watch Fox News from my recliner with a beer in my LEFT hand, while masturbating to Gretchen with my right hand. It's not a sin if it's Fox News. Plus I'm left handed, so using my right hand to masturbate is like someone else doing it, like Gretchen. So, even if it is a sin, it's Gretchen's, not mine.

Real America, USA

#61451 Nov 28, 2012
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Not Pabst Blue Ribbon?
Bud is cheaper at the local gas station.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#61453 Nov 28, 2012
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=Spk43e7jOlUXX
You might want to post this again. This post sent me to my opening page. It did not go to a specific video.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#61454 Nov 28, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
If by strippers you mean the blonde gal on Fox and Friends (Gretchen), then oh yes! To finish my Fox news bit earlier, I watch Fox News from my recliner with a beer in my LEFT hand, while masturbating to Gretchen with my right hand. It's not a sin if it's Fox News. Plus I'm left handed, so using my right hand to masturbate is like someone else doing it, like Gretchen. So, even if it is a sin, it's Gretchen's, not mine.
Not quite. But close. Yes Fox has some of the sexiest info babes out there. I'll take Michelle Malkin. I've got a bit of kink for girls with some Asian blood in them.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#61455 Nov 28, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
What does plastic have to do with evolution. Neither does petro..Please try to stick to facts.
Sure it does. Plastic is made from petroleum. How do you think that they find petroleum?

You are only showing that you are uneducated. Your problem is that you ignore the facts that you don't like.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#61457 Nov 28, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
oh. We're rewriting history now? And of course we're going to use phrases like "may have". It makes this nonsense sound more official. I may have graduated with a PHD in History from Oxford, but even a fool can see through "may have" stateoments that aren't supported by any evidence.
A theory is proposed explanation accounting for known facts, and this is still conjectural.

Real America, USA

#61458 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
What does plastic have to do with evolution. Neither does petro..Please try to stick to facts.
Everybody knows that discovering and mining of oil requires no knowledge of lithology, plate tectonics, paleontology, stratigraphy, or any other science.

All you need to find oil is faith. Of course, that would be incredibly tedious, expensive, and wouldn't yeild any results, but I can ignore that.

Real America, USA

#61460 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes and petro si one of Gods gifts to us and fine to use....STILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SATANIC EVOLUTION..........I am highly educated. I have two Masters and have made myself a millionaire....MUCH SMARTER THEN YOU ...You have posted no facts...THEORY.....That is what you have a guess.....I HAVE THE BIBLE FOR FACTS..
Whatch out guys, he's really smart. Not becuase of anything he's said, but because he told us he is.
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#61462 Nov 28, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody knows that discovering and mining of oil requires no knowledge of lithology, plate tectonics, paleontology, stratigraphy, or any other science.
All you need to find oil is faith. Of course, that would be incredibly tedious, expensive, and wouldn't yeild any results, but I can ignore that.
I've always wondered if takeing oil out of the earth wasnt causeing earth quakes ..the plates are going to move ..maybe oil helps it move smoother??

Real America, USA

#61463 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes and petro si one of Gods gifts to us and fine to use....STILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SATANIC EVOLUTION..........I am highly educated. I have two Masters and have made myself a millionaire....MUCH SMARTER THEN YOU ...You have posted no facts...THEORY.....That is what you have a guess.....I HAVE THE BIBLE FOR FACTS..
Is it a fact that rabbits chew their own cud? If so science has been trumped by the bible (LEV 11:6).

Also, is it fact that Adam was created after other animals (Genesis 1) or after (Genesis 2). How can they both be true?

Level 5

#61464 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Double Fine calls "poe"

Level 5

#61465 Nov 28, 2012
phaines wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always wondered if takeing oil out of the earth wasnt causeing earth quakes ..the plates are going to move ..maybe oil helps it move smoother??
Nope.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#61466 Nov 28, 2012
phaines wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be why there were no earthquakes 2 or 3 hundred years ago and earlier, before we were extracting oil from the earth.

....Oh...wait....
Anonymous

London, UK

#61467 Nov 28, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No I won't be offing myself. The Bible says no man knows the hour of the lords return that includes really old calendars
You seem like a nice guy, we're not used to that from the creos on this forum, but that doesn't excuse people of being rude or insulting to you, those people are damaging the reputation of us evo supporters, so don't be put off by insults, we should know better

Real America, USA

#61468 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Again how is the science behind finding oil come from the SATANIC EVOLUTION JUNK SCIENCE...
Evolution requires an old earth. Geology confirms the earth is very old. Understanding geology and past life (which is what oil is a product of) helps us discover oil.

On a more vague point though, the scientific method is the underlying principle that unites all science, whether it be studying earths stratigraphy, creating medicines to treat diseases, manufacturing plastics from oil, or studying life's history on our planet. The scientific method remains consistent. You cannot remove it based on personal whims and still expect to be remain logically coherent.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#61469 Nov 28, 2012
Noah built an altar (an elevated structure) and his sons must have seen how he built it, and Nimrod may have fashioned towers after its design. The towers may have been pyramid structures that were made of stones that were made from morter that was desolved in water with acid plant extracts or slime as the Bible calls it in GEN 11:3. Pyramids have been found in South America and a white pyramid is also in China. Of course the most famous are those in Egypt and it is interesting that some of the Egyptian mummies had traces of cocain and nicotine which is found in native plants in America and not in Africa.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#61470 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Again how is the science behind finding oil come from the SATANIC EVOLUTION JUNK SCIENCE...
Elohim

Branford, CT

#61471 Nov 28, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You might want to post this again. This post sent me to my opening page. It did not go to a specific video.
It's just a silly little thing.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#61473 Nov 28, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Science never goes against God. The Christian Bible is not God, it w as written by men. Even if inspired it would be easy for them to make mistakes. There are countless mistakes in your Bible.
So the men who wrote the bible can make mistakes because they're men and like you said even if inspired. Ill take the word of a man maybe being inspired by God. Than the word of some other man inspired by some other man being inspired by some other man writing a paper on evolution. Btw if evolution is correct you guys should use robin Williams as your missing link that dude has some massive hair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things that make life eaiser... 3 min Alias -_- 136
News HuffPost Is In Deep, Weird Denial About Bruce J... 7 min Gov Corbutt of th... 1
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 8 min Alias -_- 28,879
motorcycle traveling stories 10 min Mega Monster 572
News HuffPost Is In Deep, Weird Denial About Br... 13 min Gov Corbutt of th... 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min CJ Rocker 161,495
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 20 min MrsGladToBeMe 8,357
More from around the web