Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173665 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“America -God's Favorite Cuntry”

Since: Aug 12

Real America, USA

#61460 Nov 28, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and petro si one of Gods gifts to us and fine to use....STILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SATANIC EVOLUTION..........I am highly educated. I have two Masters and have made myself a millionaire....MUCH SMARTER THEN YOU ...You have posted no facts...THEORY.....That is what you have a guess.....I HAVE THE BIBLE FOR FACTS..
Whatch out guys, he's really smart. Not becuase of anything he's said, but because he told us he is.
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#61462 Nov 28, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody knows that discovering and mining of oil requires no knowledge of lithology, plate tectonics, paleontology, stratigraphy, or any other science.
All you need to find oil is faith. Of course, that would be incredibly tedious, expensive, and wouldn't yeild any results, but I can ignore that.
I've always wondered if takeing oil out of the earth wasnt causeing earth quakes ..the plates are going to move ..maybe oil helps it move smoother??

Real America, USA

#61463 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes and petro si one of Gods gifts to us and fine to use....STILL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SATANIC EVOLUTION..........I am highly educated. I have two Masters and have made myself a millionaire....MUCH SMARTER THEN YOU ...You have posted no facts...THEORY.....That is what you have a guess.....I HAVE THE BIBLE FOR FACTS..
Is it a fact that rabbits chew their own cud? If so science has been trumped by the bible (LEV 11:6).

Also, is it fact that Adam was created after other animals (Genesis 1) or after (Genesis 2). How can they both be true?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#61464 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Double Fine calls "poe"

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#61465 Nov 28, 2012
phaines wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always wondered if takeing oil out of the earth wasnt causeing earth quakes ..the plates are going to move ..maybe oil helps it move smoother??
Nope.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#61466 Nov 28, 2012
phaines wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be why there were no earthquakes 2 or 3 hundred years ago and earlier, before we were extracting oil from the earth.

....Oh...wait....
Anonymous

London, UK

#61467 Nov 28, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No I won't be offing myself. The Bible says no man knows the hour of the lords return that includes really old calendars
You seem like a nice guy, we're not used to that from the creos on this forum, but that doesn't excuse people of being rude or insulting to you, those people are damaging the reputation of us evo supporters, so don't be put off by insults, we should know better

Real America, USA

#61468 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Again how is the science behind finding oil come from the SATANIC EVOLUTION JUNK SCIENCE...
Evolution requires an old earth. Geology confirms the earth is very old. Understanding geology and past life (which is what oil is a product of) helps us discover oil.

On a more vague point though, the scientific method is the underlying principle that unites all science, whether it be studying earths stratigraphy, creating medicines to treat diseases, manufacturing plastics from oil, or studying life's history on our planet. The scientific method remains consistent. You cannot remove it based on personal whims and still expect to be remain logically coherent.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#61469 Nov 28, 2012
Noah built an altar (an elevated structure) and his sons must have seen how he built it, and Nimrod may have fashioned towers after its design. The towers may have been pyramid structures that were made of stones that were made from morter that was desolved in water with acid plant extracts or slime as the Bible calls it in GEN 11:3. Pyramids have been found in South America and a white pyramid is also in China. Of course the most famous are those in Egypt and it is interesting that some of the Egyptian mummies had traces of cocain and nicotine which is found in native plants in America and not in Africa.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#61470 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Again how is the science behind finding oil come from the SATANIC EVOLUTION JUNK SCIENCE...
Elohim

Branford, CT

#61471 Nov 28, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You might want to post this again. This post sent me to my opening page. It did not go to a specific video.
It's just a silly little thing.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#61473 Nov 28, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Science never goes against God. The Christian Bible is not God, it w as written by men. Even if inspired it would be easy for them to make mistakes. There are countless mistakes in your Bible.
So the men who wrote the bible can make mistakes because they're men and like you said even if inspired. Ill take the word of a man maybe being inspired by God. Than the word of some other man inspired by some other man being inspired by some other man writing a paper on evolution. Btw if evolution is correct you guys should use robin Williams as your missing link that dude has some massive hair.
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#61474 Nov 28, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be why there were no earthquakes 2 or 3 hundred years ago and earlier, before we were extracting oil from the earth.
....Oh...wait....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20808...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#61475 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
What is funny is the THEORY of evolution is being forced on us as fact. Yet when faced with the FACT of the Bible these same people say the facts lie and there THEORY should be law...SAD. Satan is smart....and people are dumb.
How right you are!

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#61477 Nov 28, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
LOL. I'm actually a genetics major. What's your cred?
Also, how about instead of telling ME to do research to prove that YOU are correct, you point me to some article that indicates such, rather than using conclusory statements, which basically amount to you saying I am are wrong, and you are right, without using any facts or data to support your position?
Degree in Biology and Zoology.

Just look beyond ENCODE's hyperbolic news release(s):

http://sandwalk.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-enco...

http://blogs.nature.com/news/2012/09/fighting...

http://www.michaeleisen.org/blog/...

There is more to the story than "80% FUNCTIONAL!"

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#61478 Nov 28, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Sublime.
A genetics major? Double Fine was unaware.
What was said argument about?
Hey wassup?

Yes, I was. I worked in a research lab during college and shortly before graduation realized that I did not want to get an advanced degree and do that sort of thing for the rest of my life. I wasnít really sure what I wanted to do at that point. However, I had a roommate who was planning on going down the road I eventually took and he suggested I would be good at it and that I look into doing the same. I figured why not. Unlike college, I buckled down in graduate school, stopped going out all the time and partying, applied myself, got good grades, and here I am today.

The argument was over junk DNA. I was trying to explain that more recent research is demonstrating that this DNA is not junk, and instead plays an important role in gene regulation.
Recent research is suggesting that many genes are more like building blocks, that many species share in common. Junk DNA is more like an architect who ultimately shapes development. In much the same way that two buildings that use the same exact bricks, steel, and what not can look remarkably different simply because different architects designed the buildings, you can have two species that look remarkably different, not so much because their genes are different, but because so called Junk DNA controls when genes are turned on and turned off.

Itís still all very cutting edge, however. There is a lot we donít know.

United States

#61479 Nov 28, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>You seem like a nice guy, we're not used to that from the creos on this forum, but that doesn't excuse people of being rude or insulting to you, those people are damaging the reputation of us evo supporters, so don't be put off by insults, we should know better
Thank you. While we don't agree on the origins of the universe I do try to remain respectful.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#61480 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
The earth is old atleast 12,000 maybe even 20,000 years old.
Closer to 4.5 Billion.
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#61481 Nov 28, 2012

United States

#61482 Nov 28, 2012
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution requires an old earth. Geology confirms the earth is very old. Understanding geology and past life (which is what oil is a product of) helps us discover oil.

On a more vague point though, the scientific method is the underlying principle that unites all science, whether it be studying earths stratigraphy, creating medicines to treat diseases, manufacturing plastics from oil, or studying life's history on our planet. The scientific method remains consistent. You cannot remove it based on personal whims and still expect to be remain logically coherent.
I'm a Christian and I will never argue the age of earth even the bible is unclear on the age of earth. The bible says the earth was without form an the spirit of God moved over the face of the deep. This implies earth was here before god started creating anything. Than how long where Adam an eve in the garden making like the bunnies before they were banished? What was going on outside the garden during that time? That idea that we Christians spout about the earth only being 8k years old is bunk the proof is every where

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Champagne cork mishap forces plane to make emer... 4 min wichita-rick 4
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min SLY WEST 169,442
News 2 arrested for enjoying meal on boat while fami... 9 min Mega Monster 4
Poll Who is Mr_FX ? 10 min Oprah 1
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 13 min anguish 2,596
Word Association (Jun '10) 16 min wichita-rick 28,905
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 21 min Mega Monster 43,624
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 45 min Crazy Jae 29,717
Poll What features would you like in a girl? (Feb '13) 1 hr Crazy Jae 179
More from around the web