Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
57,361 - 57,380 of 114,385 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
If evolution held all the answers we would not be having this talk on 4 or 5 threads through thousands of posts.
It doesn't have all the answers, and never claimed to. However even when it does have answers they are often ignored by reality-denying liars for Jesus like Maz who have been indoctrinated with Dark Age thinking. The Flat Earth society still exists despite the fact that Earth's shape has been known not to be flat for quite a long time.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, without proper testing, those rings only suggest that the Lagrangain points were produced by massive bodies in motion. You'll have to consider the extended mechanics and ignore shape and internal structure in order to to work out a solution.
I hear you, but your theory was refuted by Klingons
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

UIdiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Science can be ssed for good and bad ans so is Religions.
Yup.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know who created science and how all things work??? YEP GOD DID IT. God is the geatest scientist ever. Think of how the Universe works and how all life works. God is amazing isnt he.
How could that be? So no one has shown that any god exists, much less your particular god. What is your evidence? Why should anyone else believe you?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Do you know who created science and how all things work??? YEP GOD DID IT. God is the geatest scientist ever. Think of how the Universe works and how all life works. God is amazing isnt he.
Science requires falsifiable evidence

If you cannot show falsifiable evidence it is NOT science

You are however entitled to you own personal beliefs. That however does not mean that you beliefs are in any way scientific, it just means that you have an imagination a limited one its true but an imagination all the same

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
The Bible tells us all we nee to know. If you opened your heart and mind you would see Gods hand on all things.
Now you dont have to believe me and I only pitty fools who dont put there faith in God. I will go to heaven to worship and sing Gods praise for eternity. If you dont follow God you will burn in agony for all eternity....WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT?
Every religion has the equivalent of your Bible. It is not a valid reason to believe your faith, especially since it has been shown to be loaded with flaws. Yes, it is sometimes correct historically, but it also has bad science, bag geography, unfufilled prophecies, prophecies with very strong evidence they were "fulfilled" by the writers, extremely bad morals. The list goes on and on. So why should we believe your holy book over the Arabs holy book? Or the Indian's holy book? Or the countless extinct religions for that matter.

I could tell you how if you don't believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster you will never be able to enjoy his beer volcanoes and stripper factories after you did.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
Perhaps. But unfortunately for you you can't demonstrate that scientifically. Ergo it is just as possible that your god doesn't exist at all.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
The Bible tells us all we nee to know.
Like the Earth is a flat square circle and that lizards, donkeys and bushes can talk.
If you opened your heart and mind you would see Gods hand on all things.
Now you dont have to believe me and I only pitty fools who dont put there faith in God. I will go to heaven to worship and sing Gods praise for eternity. If you dont follow God you will burn in agony for all eternity....WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT?
If you opened your heart and mind you would see Zeus's hand on all things.

Now you dont have to believe me and I only pity fools who dont put their faith in Zeus. I will go to heaven to worship and sing Zeus's praise for eternity. If you don't follow Zeus you will be zapped by lightning bolts in agony for all eternity. WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

I respect everyones choice to not follow God.
No you don't. That's why you're telling us we'll burn in hell for simply disagreeing with YOU, YOU of all people.

Who are you again?
You can all have your Satanic science.
Then reality is Satanic.
As for me and my family we will follow God. The God of the Holy Bible is the one and only true God and power in the universe.
How sad for you to look forward to death so.
Fact is fact.
Yes, and you have none. If you had facts you would have objective evidence. Since you don't have evidence you don't have facts. That's just how it is. You'll just have to deal with the fact that people don't take you at face value. Sorry if you don't like it.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you repeat as usual.
Thanks for sharing. Bless His noodley love of us all. rAMEN!
Do your research and see for your self.
Just type Cyril Babaev, and press the search engine using google.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Just think though in your mind. If I am right and you dont believe you will burn in hell....How can you take that chance?
Just think though in your mind. If I am right and you dont believe, you will suffer lightning bolts forever. How can you take that chance?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
Only God is real. All those idol gods are fake...That is diffence.
One more time, that is what all of the other religions claim too.

Why should we take your word that your religion is right?
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
Your god is as "real" as any other god, goddess or deity.

“America -God's Favorite Cuntry”

Since: Aug 12

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Dude,

In order to see God, you have to open your heart. Incidentally, while the heart is open the eyes must be shut, ears must be plugged, and the mind off. Basically you must have no use of your senses, especially common sense. Those who are capable of doing these acts are virtuous among the faithful.

Until you feel the mind numbing effects of christianity, you will never understand.

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
Every religion is correct about one thing.... that all other religions are false.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

By the way Constitution Lover, when you invoke Pascal's Wager ( the old what if I am right? myth ) you open up belief to all religions. Obviously some gods are easier to believe in than others. The only one that I know is consistent with science is the Pastafarian Earth. They too believe in a young Earth, but they believe it was created to look old and they believe that the FSM purposefully adjusts dates to give scientists the wrong answer. That is much better than the half-assed apologetics we get for the errors in Genesis, Exodus and the Old Testament in general.

And why are you arguing about the existence of your god anyway? Evolution has nothing to do with whether the Christian god is real or not. All it does is to debunk the fairy tales told in Genesis. Surely you can live with that?

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Just think though in your mind. If I am right and you dont believe you will burn in hell....How can you take that chance?
Ah yes. Pascal's wager. I see you've done your math. Leave it to the christians to mask superstition under faulty math logic. Now if only us christians could find a way to do the same with science.... Oh yes, how silly of me. Intelligent Design. bingo!

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

I respect everyones choice to not follow God. You can all have your Satanic science. As for me and my family we will follow God. The God of the Holy Bible is the one and only true God and power in the universe. Fact is fact.
Since when has science been satanic?

You are proud to use science to make you life easier while at the same time decrying it. Infact you actually use the products of science to decry science. Sound very hypocritical to me.

The chances are machines that were developed using science printed your babble. Your appearance of topix means that you use science to communicate. Do you or any of you family need to take medication? Have you are you family ever had an MRI scan?

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
Are you defying and denying what it says in the babble, It is written that even your god admitted that there were other gods several times

Real America, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

<quoted text>
Evolution should not be taught. I mean the world is at most 20,000 years old..that is fact. Evolution is a massive satan lie.
I agree. Evolution is a satan lie. Incidentally that lie is also supoorted by ALL the physical evidence, is observable, is testable, concurs with everything that is currently understood, is falsifiable, is universally excepted by the scientifically literate, and can be easily understood by anyone even remotely interested in wanting to educate themselves about the topic.

Instead of this overwhelming evidence persuading me, I chose to sink into an evershrinking bubble in which I have to continually ignore more and more of the world around me in order to maintain my views. Some say this is a sad, pathetic waste of a brain, but I think it is virtuous.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••