Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
57,341 - 57,360 of 112,794 Comments Last updated 47 min ago

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

lisawow wrote:
<quoted text>There is no problem in believing in things of course, the problems arise when that belief becomes taken as a truth for no other reason than said belief has been given too much gravitas..........
I do not spout to much of the modern church tag line. Their is a ton of crap the church has done and said over the last few hundred years. Jesus taught about love, forgiveness, not just for the elect groupies of church goers but for all man kind. Just because a person sins doesn't mean God votes you off the island. The churches message of our way or you'll burn is chasing people from God and it makes me mad. Ok I'm off my soap box now. How is everyone tonight?

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No people should be free to voice their ideas with out us Christians saying our God is going to cast you into the fires of hell. Those kind of threats are just ridiculous as even those of us who follow the bible cant say who is and is not hell bound. Jesus said let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Grrrrr that hell fire and damnation fear tactic religion makes me mad.
I totally agree with that! Jesus said that we are not to judge anybody! He said to love your enemies. We are not in any position to judge anybody.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
You are just too weak to challenge my facts.
On the contrary, I have successfully challenged many of your claims (what you refer to as "facts"), such as your claim that modern Germans can understand Old English.

Got any *quotes* from your "authority"?

No, I didn't think so. Funny how you claim an authority from a book you don't even have.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>On the contrary, I have successfully challenged many of your claims (what you refer to as "facts"), such as your claim that modern Germans can understand Old English.

No, I didn't think so. Funny how you claim an authority from a book you don't even have.
Didn't most if not all western language come from Latin?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No.

Want details?
facts 101

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

to have a creation of anything you must have a creator. think about it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No.

Want details?
Not to many details I'm not a linguist but I thought that Rome spread Latin from one end of its empire to the other and that was why Spanish English German etc.. Were so close.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

I had to run be away from my computer for quite a bit of today, but did Maz ever apologize for her posting of that nonsense about Sanford? His work was not peer reviewed. He wrote a book for Bog's sake. It has been debunked many times over and never taken seriously. And she has yet to explain why a trip cannot occur at a rate of 5 mph.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Sublime1 wrote:
What was previously referred to as junk dna has been found to be very important for gene regulation (expression and suppression). For many years it was thought that the underlying genes were primarily responsible for differences between species, but we have come to realize that two species can have the same exact underlying genes that control skeletal structure, for example, but by simply turning them on at different times during development and for different durations and at different locations you can have two species with skeletal structures that look completely different. Itís not that the underlying genes that control skeletal structure code for different proteins that explains these differences, but how these genes are regulated that does so. What was previously referred to as junk DNA is responsible for controlling this:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/sep/05...
Do some research beyond a newspaper article. Most of your DNA has nothing to do with phenotype development. It does things, but nothing useful. Junk is an accurate term.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

MazHere wrote:
Subby some more. I have to head to work now but I am dying to hook into this ribbish you posted on Sanfords refute.
From your link..
"These shared functional and nonfunctional DNA sequences help us to trace the common lineages of diverse organisms. Considering the striking physical variations among living things, it was a surprise for some scientists in the late twentieth century to discover the degree of commonality among genotypes. This was a key factor in changing Michael Dentonís mind on the viability of evolutionary theory."
What does this idiot have to say now that at least 80% of the genome is now known to be functional?
ERVs have some vital functions.
This is going to turn into another vestigial organ fiasco.
It's functional, but doesn't do anything useful. Care to discuss this you pathetic robot?
Portal

Mazon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Bat Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Holding hell over the head of anyone not willing to see your point of view is a bit harsh. Jesus didn't preach much about hell he taught love faith and seeking the lost. Oh and let us not other FORGIVENESS for everyone. People know hell for the most part teach love an forgiveness most people don't understand that.
OMG! I was listening to the radio....A guy was answering questions from people who are infact, for sure that the earth is going to end on 12212012 or something. WTF! The same people that believe the Bible story are getting sucked in by the same BS.......One caller said that they were all going to commit suicide before the date...SUICIDE! A family- mom, dad and 2 kids. That's the mentality of the mentally ill...the same God Bots that followed Jim Jones, Hitler.......Put down the good book and deal with reality...think for your selves. Marshall Applewhite missed the comet..........Drinking Jim Jones Jesus Juice helped nobody.........Think!!!!!!!!!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Portal wrote:
<quoted text>OMG! I was listening to the radio....A guy was answering questions from people who are infact, for sure that the earth is going to end on 12212012 or something. WTF! The same people that believe the Bible story are getting sucked in by the same BS.......One caller said that they were all going to commit suicide before the date...SUICIDE! A family- mom, dad and 2 kids. That's the mentality of the mentally ill...the same God Bots that followed Jim Jones, Hitler.......Put down the good book and deal with reality...think for your selves. Marshall Applewhite missed the comet..........Drinking Jim Jones Jesus Juice helped nobody.........Think!!!!!!!!!!
No I won't be offing myself. The Bible says no man knows the hour of the lords return that includes really old calendars

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Still the bible was written by ignorance people who thought to earth is flat and hell is on the other side and the sky is blue.
That's great! Science at one time fought the idea of evolution and earth was the center of the solar system. Oh and what about blood letting leaches and little green men on mars. So yes ancient man was pretty stupid and in 1000 years people may look back at us and think about how stupid we were to think evolution could be real who know?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, I have successfully challenged many of your claims (what you refer to as "facts"), such as your claim that modern Germans can understand Old English.
I repeat as usual, read the book of Cyril Babaev titled, Old English Grammar. That book is on the internet. Just type his name, and every needed information will be opened to you. Until then, keep dancing, loser.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great! Science at one time fought the idea of evolution and earth was the center of the solar system. Oh and what about blood letting leaches and little green men on mars. So yes ancient man was pretty stupid and in 1000 years people may look back at us and think about how stupid we were to think evolution could be real who know?
Umm, no. Scientists have been wrong about things in the past, but it corrects as we learn. There are many errors in the Bible but it cannot be corrected as we learn.

Who would you want to work with or have for a friend, someone who corrects himself when he learns that he is wrong, and is willing to admit that he is wrong at times, or someone who claims that he is perfect, even though he has many obvious flaws?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ofcourse. But modern Germans can understand more of old English than modern English. Check the works of Cyril Babaev and see for yourself. Drew is just making an empty claims. Just google that name and see for your self. God bless.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

facts 101 wrote:
to have a creation of anything you must have a creator. think about it.
Wise sayings...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to many details I'm not a linguist but I thought that Rome spread Latin from one end of its empire to the other and that was why Spanish English German etc.. Were so close.
You are right. But Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, etc, came out from Latin.
English, German, Dutch, Danish, etc, came out from Germanic( Teutons).
But the central issue is that, modern Germans can understand more of old English than modern English.
Check the work of Cyril Babaev.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Umm, no. Scientists have been wrong about things in the past, but it corrects as we learn. There are many errors in the Bible but it cannot be corrected as we learn.

Who would you want to work with or have for a friend, someone who corrects himself when he learns that he is wrong, and is willing to admit that he is wrong at times, or someone who claims that he is perfect, even though he has many obvious flaws?
The bible is and will remain unchanged. However if you ask Christians now if witch hunts or killing blacks or charging money to pray people into heaven oh or purification through pain I think you'll find religion has come a long way in the right direction. I also think that had Christians I mean the real ones had stood up and said NO that people would see Christ teaching for what it is and not some crazy mid evil thing. The church has made a lot of mistakes and so has science we are all learning and changing. Please don't take my last post as an attack on science what science does is great and it has its place I just see evolution as a future oops.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Bat Foy, there is no way that evolution will ever be a scientific oops. Scientific oopses are actually very few and far between. The actual mistakes you hear of are usually claimed to be science or scientific by some, but in reality they aren't. Science follows some extremely strict rules these days to avoid major mistakes.

Evolution is supported by almost every branch of science there is. If evolution was wrong almost all sciences would be seriously wrong too. I just don't see it happening.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••