Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#61363 Nov 27, 2012
facts 101 wrote:
to have a creation of anything you must have a creator. think about it.
Wise sayings...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#61364 Nov 27, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to many details I'm not a linguist but I thought that Rome spread Latin from one end of its empire to the other and that was why Spanish English German etc.. Were so close.
You are right. But Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, etc, came out from Latin.
English, German, Dutch, Danish, etc, came out from Germanic( Teutons).
But the central issue is that, modern Germans can understand more of old English than modern English.
Check the work of Cyril Babaev.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#61365 Nov 27, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Umm, no. Scientists have been wrong about things in the past, but it corrects as we learn. There are many errors in the Bible but it cannot be corrected as we learn.

Who would you want to work with or have for a friend, someone who corrects himself when he learns that he is wrong, and is willing to admit that he is wrong at times, or someone who claims that he is perfect, even though he has many obvious flaws?
The bible is and will remain unchanged. However if you ask Christians now if witch hunts or killing blacks or charging money to pray people into heaven oh or purification through pain I think you'll find religion has come a long way in the right direction. I also think that had Christians I mean the real ones had stood up and said NO that people would see Christ teaching for what it is and not some crazy mid evil thing. The church has made a lot of mistakes and so has science we are all learning and changing. Please don't take my last post as an attack on science what science does is great and it has its place I just see evolution as a future oops.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#61367 Nov 27, 2012
Bat Foy, there is no way that evolution will ever be a scientific oops. Scientific oopses are actually very few and far between. The actual mistakes you hear of are usually claimed to be science or scientific by some, but in reality they aren't. Science follows some extremely strict rules these days to avoid major mistakes.

Evolution is supported by almost every branch of science there is. If evolution was wrong almost all sciences would be seriously wrong too. I just don't see it happening.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#61368 Nov 27, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is and will remain unchanged. However if you ask Christians now if witch hunts or killing blacks or charging money to pray people into heaven oh or purification through pain I think you'll find religion has come a long way in the right direction. I also think that had Christians I mean the real ones had stood up and said NO that people would see Christ teaching for what it is and not some crazy mid evil thing. The church has made a lot of mistakes and so has science we are all learning and changing. Please don't take my last post as an attack on science what science does is great and it has its place I just see evolution as a future oops.
The problem, organisms evolve, they just do. There's no assertion that they do, we just see them evolve. The theory attempts to break down all the little bits and influences, yes it needs more work, it's not exact, but it is useful. Scientists don't even care about being right, they want to find things that work, and if it works they keep it until something that works better comes along, and the theory works, it explains enough of evolution and what's happening to help things make sense. Creationists want to counter it because they don't like things that oppose their limited world views, which is truly sad, actually. They are more afraid of something that works, just because they have to be right, so they can't accept that they just might be completely wrong. Evolution is the modern day theory of relativity, it's a unifying theory that has helped progress, and has challenged our species. Like the theory of relativity, the religious fanatics have to oppose it until enough of them pass on because it challenges their opinions, and replaces opinions and made up stories with facts, logic, and working models.

Seriously, when has a myth ever landed us on the Moon? Just something to ponder.

United States

#61370 Nov 27, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
Bat Foy, there is no way that evolution will ever be a scientific oops. Scientific oopses are actually very few and far between. The actual mistakes you hear of are usually claimed to be science or scientific by some, but in reality they aren't. Science follows some extremely strict rules these days to avoid major mistakes.

Evolution is supported by almost every branch of science there is. If evolution was wrong almost all sciences would be seriously wrong too. I just don't see it happening.
I see what you are saying and I'm not say evolution in it entirety would be the oops however I have tried just in the last 3 days to read all these links to different ideas and while the base idea has been close most try to prove the last one false. I understand this is part of the process. However the science behind evolution will most likely not come up with evidence that completely removes the possibility of God. Even if all evidence pointed to the existence of intelligent design science would still deny it is there. This is because the idea could not be reproduced by testing.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#61371 Nov 27, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the christians.
Oh wait, the Greeks.
No, the Romans.
Oh, the Egyptians.
Yeah, then Incans.
Hmm, the Aztecs.
Certainly the Sumerians.
I'm runking ducked.
:)

Level 6

in a city...

#61372 Nov 27, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I see what you are saying and I'm not say evolution in it entirety would be the oops however I have tried just in the last 3 days to read all these links to different ideas and while the base idea has been close most try to prove the last one false. I understand this is part of the process. However the science behind evolution will most likely not come up with evidence that completely removes the possibility of God. Even if all evidence pointed to the existence of intelligent design science would still deny it is there. This is because the idea could not be reproduced by testing.
Since the beginning Evolutionary psychology (EP) is an approach in the social and natural sciences that examines psychological traits such as memory, perception, and language ...

So a what would have started processes to evolvements
Evolvements of Early American Foot Ball: Through the 1890/91 ...
www.amazon.com/Evolvements-Early-American-Foo... - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight
Mel Smith is a retired meteorologist. He co-authored and authored many technical reports while in that field. He became interested about 45 years ago in both ...

Wonder what Footaball could have been... There was a Football Gods still are positive devoted till death teamers ...

Gods of Football...

Level 6

in a city...

#61373 Nov 27, 2012
So about what an Obama should take to heart as a no.1 of importance with Religion having been created further and Gods should stand set aside of so personnel or people should be the ruler in the Governing?

What are they saying? The crowd the masses of cities?

Species???

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#61374 Nov 27, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing can remove the possibility of A god, but specific ones require evidence, as a specific god is an assertion and anyone with intelligence requires evidence to accept assertions that are made as answers to important questions. An honest answer is "I don't know," a dishonest one is "god dun it." By saying "god dun it" in any way you are making the assertion that you know, thus, to accept that assertion you must present evidence.

The greatest thing a scientist can discover is something they don't know, and they'll talk about that more than they'll discuss matters they do know, because the unknown is what excites them, and to us atheists it's commonly what excites us even if we are not scientists. It's curiosity, and it's something our species has denied for so long it's become habit for many to ignore their curiosity. Religion has to keep you from being curious because when you ask questions everything about the religion falls apart, because it was formed before things were known, and can't change to adapt to things learned or the con loses it's power, it's hold over the weak minds.

Intelligent design, creationism in other words, is not science, it has no theory, it has no evidence, it doesn't even have a proposal. All it ID has is a blind assertion that is three words long, "god dun it." Science doesn't deal with assertions.

United States

#61376 Nov 27, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing can remove the possibility of A god, but specific ones require evidence, as a specific god is an assertion and anyone with intelligence requires evidence to accept assertions that are made as answers to important questions. An honest answer is "I don't know," a dishonest one is "god dun it." By saying "god dun it" in any way you are making the assertion that you know, thus, to accept that assertion you must present evidence.

The greatest thing a scientist can discover is something they don't know, and they'll talk about that more than they'll discuss matters they do know, because the unknown is what excites them, and to us atheists it's commonly what excites us even if we are not scientists. It's curiosity, and it's something our species has denied for so long it's become habit for many to ignore their curiosity. Religion has to keep you from being curious because when you ask questions everything about the religion falls apart, because it was formed before things were known, and can't change to adapt to things learned or the con loses it's power, it's hold over the weak minds.

Intelligent design, creationism in other words, is not science, it has no theory, it has no evidence, it doesn't even have a proposal. All it ID has is a blind assertion that is three words long, "god dun it." Science doesn't deal with assertions.
First off hello and good to see you again. For people of faith how as you say "God dun it" doesn't matter for the most part we don't care how and for science how is all that matters. I do not have to see to believe and if by your point of view that makes me weak minded so be it. If evolution held all the answers we would not be having this talk on 4 or 5 threads through thousands of posts. I believe we hit the nail on the head so to speak when I said you can not debate faith. The gap between you and I is my faith if I didn't have it I'm sure I could believe as you do. Also the other side of that coin had you seen what I have I'm sure God wouldn't be such a far fetched idea to you

Level 6

in a city...

#61377 Nov 27, 2012
Also you must listen you must do this now listen Jesus this and Jesus that Jesus is God Jesus is King Lord and he is I am sure this...

An Evolutionary Biologist is God...

The Church of EB...

Evolutionary biology is a sub-field of biology concerned with the study of the evolutionary processes that have given rise to the diversity of life on Earth. Someone who studies evolutionary biology is known as an evolutionary biologist; evolutionary biologists study the descent of species and the origin of new species.

Wait so Jesus is Ares-maybe, after all he was placed to watch over Gods,God as a specie? If you listen to man they would know all it all to question is a right Right...right?

Well Surely though JESUS WOULD HAVE DONE MUCH BETTER IN THE 21 ST TO HIS SELF PRESERVING RIGHT , he would have been able
Ready, Willing & Able. Driven by the simple premise that work works, The Doe (DO?)Fund's centerpiece initiative Ready, Willing & Able ends devastating cycles of ...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#61378 Nov 27, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
First off hello and good to see you again. For people of faith how as you say "God dun it" doesn't matter for the most part we don't care how and for science how is all that matters. I do not have to see to believe and if by your point of view that makes me weak minded so be it. If evolution held all the answers we would not be having this talk on 4 or 5 threads through thousands of posts. I believe we hit the nail on the head so to speak when I said you can not debate faith. The gap between you and I is my faith if I didn't have it I'm sure I could believe as you do. Also the other side of that coin had you seen what I have I'm sure God wouldn't be such a far fetched idea to you
Evolution doesn't have any answers, it is an answer. Well, more of an event, it's only another name for change, and life always changes. The word was coined originally because people mistakenly thought there was direction involved in the change, that species were all heading toward some "goal" or another. Now we know they are not, they are just changing. Portions of the theory of evolution explain how some of these changes impact the organisms, and how the population is effected as well. Evolution itself just happens, the theory answers some of the how and why, and what effect, evolution has, and that's all it does. Evolution, nothing in science, is a belief, it's just an explanation for something, nothing more. You don't believe in evolution, you just either ignore it, or learn what it is, just as you do with gravity, or technology.

If you want to learn science you must discard the notion of belief entirely, they are completely unrelated to each other and belief will interfere. You can keep your fanciful stories, you just can't expect science, or reality, to fit those stories, ever. I cannot explain it any more simplistically, but until you can understand the basics of science, you will never understand why evolution is important to the modern era. Without understanding how and why organisms evolve, why they change, how the change effects them, most of our medical science would not exist.

Level 6

in a city...

#61379 Nov 27, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution doesn't have any answers, it is an answer. Well, more of an event, it's only another name for change, and life always changes. The word was coined originally because people mistakenly thought there was direction involved in the change, that species were all heading toward some "goal" or another. Now we know they are not, they are just changing. Portions of the theory of evolution explain how some of these changes impact the organisms, and how the population is effected as well. Evolution itself just happens, the theory answers some of the how and why, and what effect, evolution has, and that's all it does. Evolution, nothing in science, is a belief, it's just an explanation for something, nothing more. You don't believe in evolution, you just either ignore it, or learn what it is, just as you do with gravity, or technology.
If you want to learn science you must discard the notion of belief entirely, they are completely unrelated to each other and belief will interfere. You can keep your fanciful stories, you just can't expect science, or reality, to fit those stories, ever. I cannot explain it any more simplistically, but until you can understand the basics of science, you will never understand why evolution is important to the modern era. Without understanding how and why organisms evolve, why they change, how the change effects them, most of our medical science would not exist.
Growth; is all a bit like planting something and watch it *become* like plant-life...?
What Science should be is a nurture a care and then when it's healthy through that then branches will grow to a Political view to the world Growth means and has always been connected with age?

Time?

If there was none of it there wouldn't be any evolving and to have used spent time used it to wisdom and spent it to use that wisdom to Science that would be something bright OH AN IDEA to what can be created...

Hmmmmm? Kinda like that?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#61380 Nov 27, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Subduction Zone? I am still out to demonstate earns his points with woffle.
Finally he has actually had a go at providing more than his opinion.
The sad fact is that if Subby actually researched his claims prior to posting he would have very quickly learned that his assumption in relation to 'neutral' mutations being the more numerous was very incorrect and has never been a scientific assertion, ever.
So not only is Subby outdated, he actually makes up his own science as he goes along, and likely thinks every one here is too stupid to notice.
Evolutionists have not presented evidence to support the hypothesis that adaptation can carry on for billions of years without limit, let alone not succuming to the costs. Recent data is more suggestive of limits rather than anything else.
You evos have bombed out on so much, junk dna, vestigial organs, ervs, chromosome 2, fossil evidence that better aligns with creationism, creos having no evidence to present etc. Now you lot are going to have a fantastic time with me demonstrating that this adaptation you insist is evolution in motion is limitless and can be supported. Surely you have some algorithmic magic to support your view here. There is algorithmic magic to support just about anything including contradictory views. That is the beauty of evolutionary science.
For now I am still waiting for Subby to show us all how evo algorithmic magic is better than Sanfords.
Yes, but how about the rings of debris around Uranus?

They do prove alot.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#61381 Nov 27, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Growth; is all a bit like planting something and watch it *become* like plant-life...?
What Science should be is a nurture a care and then when it's healthy through that then branches will grow to a Political view to the world Growth means and has always been connected with age?
Time?
If there was none of it there wouldn't be any evolving and to have used spent time used it to wisdom and spent it to use that wisdom to Science that would be something bright OH AN IDEA to what can be created...
Hmmmmm? Kinda like that?
That would turn science into a religious or world view, and it cannot be useful in such a capacity. Science is a method of understanding the universe around us, it's a set of tools and methods for translating the universe into understandable laws, functions, and detailed explanations. Science can only be equated to a tool box full of tools, not a philosophy.

Level 6

in a city...

#61382 Nov 27, 2012
What about the ring around Saturn...maybe it's a fast track honestly I think it may be some kind of an *Autobahn* designed of course for space-shipping and they do also play ping pong there the China Race LOL is there too multi racial of course ... called the Halo Way... Maybe it has life within I know the moon for sure you can enter into it...

:)
I think the whole World really is a Bazaar...

Shop or drop...

Level 6

in a city...

#61383 Nov 27, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That would turn science into a religious or world view, and it cannot be useful in such a capacity. Science is a method of understanding the universe around us, it's a set of tools and methods for translating the universe into understandable laws, functions, and detailed explanations. Science can only be equated to a tool box full of tools, not a philosophy.
But to Knowledge do we not have to know the tools we have to use and then how do we use them?

I love the Universe don't you? Oh and also hasn't someone started some Science Religion, uh????

Yeah, right, or???? Sure of it...:)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#61384 Nov 27, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
But to Knowledge do we not have to know the tools we have to use and then how do we use them?
I love the Universe don't you? Oh and also hasn't someone started some Science Religion, uh????
Yeah, right, or???? Sure of it...:)
There are a few religions that mock scientific study by using the label, yes, that does not make them based on science at all. Scientology is based entirely on a science fiction book, the author started the religion on a dare/bet.
UIdiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#61385 Nov 28, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Science can be ssed for good and bad ans so is Religions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your tip for the day? 9 min wichita-rick 1,816
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 14 min Rider on the Storm 1,732
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 16 min Mega Monster 7,582
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 19 min Scholar 1,081
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min wichita-rick 152,495
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 32 min wichita-rick 315
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 41 min Sarah 25,711
Is it possible to....... 1 hr Dr Wu 576
More from around the web