Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,860)

Showing posts 57,181 - 57,200 of106,039
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you aren't bright enough to understand that the research into junk dna being at least 80% functional has been peer reviewed as has all the work that suggests so called vestigial organs have function that resulted in evos having to suck it up and change their definition of vestigial.
I also suppose you are however blind and biased enough to be totally ignorant of any creationist work nor how creos have to mask their work as evolutionary to even get it past the up themselves watch dogs.
Here is some creationist work on genetic entropy. You may now go off and search for your own algorithmic magic based on your own assumptions and try to make that dwoddle look as if it refutes Sanford.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6034/11...
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6034/11...
While you're at it you may as well explain how research that suggests an overwhelmingly negative effect re epitasis does not support Sanfords claims that there are limits to the amount of adaptation and accumulation of mutations an organism can undergo without such huge costs that the process could not have continued for over 4 billion years without all organisms going into extinction.
SubductionZone, How does the overwhelmingly negative effects of epitasis support TOE better than John's theory of gentic entropy?

3. Selection can’t stave off deterioration—there are a number of reasons for this:

http://advindicate.com/...

Actually I am keen for some evo to evoke those long lost research skills and find the usual banter that evos offer to refute Sanford. All that woffle was before recent work actually supports Sanfords work again.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
God made it all. He has been here since the dawn of time and will be here long after time ends. CANT CHANGE FACTS.
Correct. I have been Touched by His Noodly Appendage! ALL HAIL THE FSM!

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
THE BIBLE IS THE PROOF.....For thousands of years it has remained the same. Showing Gods hand on it.

The Diamond Sutra is older and it has remained the same showing Buddha's hand on it!

Epic of Gilgamesh predates Genesis and is where the flood story came from (word for word in some places). Obviously gods hand is on this pagan legend.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Generals General wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory that Temple Smoller advocate is a stunning one that has immense implications for cosmology , science and mans place in the universe since earth being the center of the universe couldn't be accidental. Its strange that this theory isn't widely known.
Probably because it's BS.(shrug)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
THE BIBLE IS THE PROOF.....For thousands of years it has remained the same. Showing Gods hand on it.
Again it is your soul. Burn for eternity or live in glory in heaven. Your choice.
Oha nd tell me what is so hard about being a Christian that you cant do it?
No, the bible is a bunch of assertions. I ask for proof and you just keep circling around with your assertions. Where is your evidence?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh....since we cannot detect the EDGES of the universe, there is no way we can calculate the CENTER of the universe.
You will, of course, reply that science has shown that (most) all other galaxies are moving away from us. This is true,*BUT*(most)all other galaxies are moving away FROM EACH OTHER as well. So in that regard, EVERY galaxy could say THEY are the center of the Universe.
Or do you have a link that says different?
He has a special decoder ring with personal link to the Almighty. That not good enough for ya?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
The Bible tells us it is the word of God. And my heart also tells me so. It has never been proven wrong....Please do tell me how your lies change the Bibles truths. I do care if yoru soul is lost. But I will serve and love God and be with him in heaven. Please turn from your sin and find Gods love and study his holy word.
More circular reasoning, you can't break free of your tiny little circle, can you? Then an appeal to emotion, that's new ... NOT. Yeah, you need to really catch up, a lot. Your arguments are old and outdated, part of the flaw of never changing.

Level 1

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are a liar. You know it, I know it, the only fools you might put this over on are your fellow creatards.
That was not creationist work you linked. It does not support creationism in any way. The scientists working on it don't believe your nonsense.
It is a pretty sad state for your side when you have to steal and misrepresent the work of others.
By the way, how is that Blue Waffle of yours doing?
If you actually had any idea what you are talking about you would articulate an appropriate response to highlight the misrepresentation I have made to all.

If you actually had any idea what you were talking about you would lodge a considered response to my shallenge on Sanfords work.

Like I said before, you are the point leader because you post the most uneducated woffle.

The fact that you only ever offer vagueary and ridicule with nothing behind you is clear evidence that you wish you had something intelligent to refute me with but indeed the fact is that you don't.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
Think as you wish. It is your soul that will fry if you dont except God. I hope you did not raise any children. Sad if you did to know they will fry also.
Really? Because creationists have a bad habit of lying their azz off for Jesus. Yet for some reason they think they can be complete aholes and get a free pass. Why do you think that is? Knowledge or hubris?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
SubductionZone, How does the overwhelmingly negative effects of epitasis support TOE better than John's theory of gentic entropy?
3. Selection can’t stave off deterioration—there are a number of reasons for this:
http://advindicate.com/...
Actually I am keen for some evo to evoke those long lost research skills and find the usual banter that evos offer to refute Sanford. All that woffle was before recent work actually supports Sanfords work again.
The fact is there are not overwhelming negative effects of eptiasis. None has ever been shown to exist. Your linked article was debunked long ago, try to find something new.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
Yes God is creator of all and his holy word the Bible tells us so. The Bible is all the proof anyone needs.
So your god is real because the Bible is true because the Bible sez so.
And your heart should tell you this if you open it up to Gods love.
Anyone who opens their heart will likely die from serious injuries. With the organ damaged in such a way your body will have great difficulty pumping blood and hence oxygen to the brain. Is this what you mean by getting to know God? Open your heart so you will die and get to meet the guy? Does God really require everyone commit suicide?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. I have been Touched by His Noodly Appendage! ALL HAIL THE FSM!
rAmen!

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually had any idea what you are talking about you would articulate an appropriate response to highlight the misrepresentation I have made to all.
If you actually had any idea what you were talking about you would lodge a considered response to my shallenge on Sanfords work.
Like I said before, you are the point leader because you post the most uneducated woffle.
The fact that you only ever offer vagueary and ridicule with nothing behind you is clear evidence that you wish you had something intelligent to refute me with but indeed the fact is that you don't.
And how many times do you have to be told that Sanford was debunked long ago. Only cretinists refer to him today.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
I'm not going to tell you that gays, liars, thrives, and just sinners are going to hell. I even understand the frustration people have with Christianity so many denominations telling people what to believe. This is why I say read the bible and do so with an open mind.
Then you are wise. Many creationists on here do not realise they are at least as guilty of sin as gays are.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
So because I like my iPhone, tv, and electricity I can't be a "real" Christian? You called Christians judgmental. I would dare say if you see an angry judgmental "Christian" they're fake. Jesus taught faith, hope , love. Rather than take my word for it read the bible start in John. If you only read one book that one is great.

Read it. Not as good as the Tao Te Ching, but it has its moments.

I am not real hip on the "real" Christian, thing. It just sounds like a way for Christians to be angry and judge other Christians.

We Christian's aren't perfect, you know.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
It is called the Bible. That is the proof. Open your heart to God and live a good life. Or keep living in sin and burn in hell when you die. Simple choice.
The Bible says the Earth is a flat square circle that rests fixed on foundations fixed and unmoving hanging upon nothing at the center of a geocentric universe. Oh, and that lizards, donkeys and bushes can talk. It is therefore scientifically inaccurate.
What if your wrong....Eternity in burning hell....or....etternity in wonderful joy of heaven.....WHICH SOUNDS BETTER.
The FSM's Holy Beer Volcano sounds better. But which of these has more objective scientific evidence backing them up?

Answer - NONE of them.

Once you understand this you will understand why some people don't give a fig about your baseless religious opinions. You will of course disagree with them, but in order to have a case you then have to provide objective scientific evidence of this heaven and hell of yours, places which no-one currently on Earth has ever been, and cannot actually gain access until their biological systems are no longer maintaining any kind of Kreb cycle.

Level 1

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the bible is a bunch of assertions. I ask for proof and you just keep circling around with your assertions. Where is your evidence?
I have been speaking to evidence and you totally ignore it. There is fossil evidence in birds and whales that is more supportive of creation then TOE.

What do you evos expect to find? Are you expecting libraries of outdated woffle and speculation as proof that creos can supply support.

Are non thinking evos expecting creos to support creationism by refering to evolutionary assumptions and interpretations that change like the wind? That sounds like a great idea..NOT!

Why don't you show us all how clever you are by refuting Sanford with new research in mind, seeing as you evos are too ignorant to realize that creos do actually have their own supports to present?

Instead of trying to validate your existence with woffle why don't you come up with a great TOE prediction evos made that has actually eventuated?

The answer to the questions above is that it is much easier to go 'quack' than it is to have some substance to add to the discussion.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
Your lies dont change the fact and truth of the Bible. You are wrong....Turn from sin.
Can you back up your claims with objectively verifiable scientific evidence?

No, I thought not.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
What would it hurt you to believe and follow God. All God asks us to do in the Bible is good ffor us. I ask what would it hurt you?
Well for one, a wasted life of not learning anything. Two, a lack of hope for the future.

What would it hurt for you to care about humanity instead of your mythology?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
I would never lie. That is a sin. I have never been a jerk. I tell the truth and if that hurts you it is because that is your soul telling you to listen.
I highly doubt that, you lied when you said you have evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 57,181 - 57,200 of106,039
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

180 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Tom2Tone 131,794
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 4 min Bezeer 7,821
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 8 min Bezeer 74,422
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 9 min Bezeer 3,768
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 10 min Bezeer 4,506
Word Association (Mar '10) 11 min Bezeer 14,499
Word Assassination 13 min Bezeer 449
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 33 min tallyho 33,467
If you HAD to marry someone on TOPIX, who would... 56 min ms_Sweeter 153