Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Sep 12

United States

#61211 Nov 26, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Therefore fairies are real?

Okay, how about:

Spontaneous world-wide regeneration of paraplegic limbs, complete with crucifixes as a trademark - in front of millions of atheist witnesses.

This guy creates entire universes in His spare time (maybe even several), so as miracles go this is buttons.

Bat Foy wrote, "Prove to me their is no God."

Since I don't claim there is or is not I don't have to prove either. It's also not possible to falsify a non-falsifiable concept. That does not help its case.

Bat Foy wrote, "For that matter prove to me no tooth fairy."

Bingo, in fact I hadn't read as far as fairies until just now. I must be prophetic.

And by the same token prove no Flying Spaghetti Monster, no Zeus, no Allah, no Vishnu, no Grey Aliens from the Reticulum galaxy with a penchance for harvesting human liver.

Bat Foy wrote, "Is this beyond your power? Most people will never stand on the moon is it there or is it fake? "

No, but there was scientific evidence of that. Not only can we see it, but we went there, filmed it, and brought back samples that no scientist in the world disputes its validity.
I don't doubt the moon because I can see it. I don't doubt the wind even though I haven't seen it and like the wind I don't doubt God even though I haven't seen him I have seen his work.

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#61212 Nov 26, 2012
For those who don't understand evolution, this is how natural selection works...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me0rwouU0S1...

United States

#61213 Nov 26, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Some of those so called predictions did not come true or had strong indications that the writers of the Gospels wrote the verses so that the prophecies would come true. The most glaring example was that of the Virgin Birth. Also his birth in Bethlehem. And quite a few of the so called predictions were definitely of the Nostradamus sort that could be applied to multiple events, therefore they were not true predictions.
Than how do you explain Isaiah talking about events like the Jews return to Israel post ww2. Or the fall of Babylon. Or they sudden rise of Christianity in Rome. Or how the gospel writers we hundreds of miles apart writing the same things about one man. 66 books in one written by so many different people over so many hundreds of years all talking about the same God. Name another religious book written in that fashion.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#61214 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't doubt the moon because I can see it. I don't doubt the wind even though I haven't seen it and like the wind I don't doubt God even though I haven't seen him I have seen his work.
So you don't doubt leprechauns either, there's more evidence for leprechauns than for your god.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#61216 Nov 26, 2012
Jim wrote:
If the earth last another 5000000 years after the next great flood and the universe last another
999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999999
years when would you get to heaven and I get to hell.
Whaaaaa?

Repeat, please. This time in English.

United States

#61217 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't doubt leprechauns either, there's more evidence for leprechauns than for your god.
You know if I were walking in the rain and found a pot of gold why not. I can tell you I wouldn't be asking where it came from or if it was a distant cousin to sand nope I would take my pot of gold and be happy.

United States

#61218 Nov 26, 2012
You evos are so serious I've really had a good time talking to you today. I will say I see adaptation being a form of evolution. If God used a form of this to make the world we live in that's cool or if God said let it be and it was idk. I have to cook dinner for the kids soon so ill catch you guys later tonight.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61219 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
The wind is scientifically verifiable.

I don't doubt the Flying Spaghetti Monster because even though I haven't seen Him I have seen His work.

I don't doubt the tooth fairy because even though I haven't seen her I have seen her work.

How else that money get under my pillow?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61220 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Than how do you explain Isaiah talking about events like the Jews return to Israel post ww2. Or the fall of Babylon. Or they sudden rise of Christianity in Rome. Or how the gospel writers we hundreds of miles apart writing the same things about one man. 66 books in one written by so many different people over so many hundreds of years all talking about the same God. Name another religious book written in that fashion.
Or the sudden fall of Rome while under Christian rule?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#61221 Nov 26, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
Well it is my wifes birthday today. I am gonna take her out for nice meal at the country club. I wish you all Gods love and hope to thsoe of you who dont believe that God touched your eharta nd opens your mind to his love and holy word. Peace and Gods love to you all.

Have a nice date. Get her something nice and add my name to the card. ;)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61222 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
You evos are so serious
Not as serious as Wolvie's rug.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#61223 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
You evos are so serious I've really had a good time talking to you today. I will say I see adaptation being a form of evolution. If God used a form of this to make the world we live in that's cool or if God said let it be and it was idk. I have to cook dinner for the kids soon so ill catch you guys later tonight.

Have a good evening Bat. You certainly are a breath of fresh air from the militant (evidence be danged) creationists.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#61224 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Newton believed in alchemy. We know that's just woowoo. Do you believe you can turn lead to gold with pixie dust?
Alchemy was the precursor of chemistry and metallurgy. Minus the weird stuff, it gave us a bumbling start on some pretty good science.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#61225 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
He did not predict any of those things. At best you can find a Nostradamus type prediction that supposedly only makes sense after the fact, and can be interpreted to cover several events. Those are not predictions.

The gospel writers copied from each other to a wide extent. You can find verses from some of the gospels directly lifted from others.

And I am not saying that Jesus did not exist. I am saying that his resurrection and godhood is a myth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#61226 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>

Don't need to explain what never happened. Modern Christian projections on the Rorschach test that is called Isaiah not withstanding.

Gospel writers had access to to the oral tradition and probably the Q document. And when you read the synoptic gospels side by side (instead of one after another) they are not all that,... um... synoptic.

Most famous religious books have their own uniqueness. That the Christian bible has one unique quality does not make it unique.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#61228 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
I have learned from many books. But only the Bible is Gods word. I dont see why you would read so many books written by men and believe them but wont believe Gods holy word.
You do not know the Bible is the word of God. You choose to believe it is but you cannot choose for others.

United States

#61230 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>You are free to choose as you wish. Your free to burn in hell all you want..I dont want to so I will follow God and his will.
Holding hell over the head of anyone not willing to see your point of view is a bit harsh. Jesus didn't preach much about hell he taught love faith and seeking the lost. Oh and let us not other FORGIVENESS for everyone. People know hell for the most part teach love an forgiveness most people don't understand that.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#61231 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
You are free to choose as you wish. Your free to burn in hell all you want..I dont want to so I will follow God and his will.
And you are yielding to a false threat. How can a nonexistent being put you in a nonexistent place?

United States

#61232 Nov 26, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>And you are yielding to a false threat. How can a nonexistent being put you in a nonexistent place?
Oh which came first the chicken or the egg? It depends on what you believe right? If you believe evolution is right than the egg came first. However a creationist believes the chicken did. Yet even still my McNuggets Taste the same hmmmm God or a universe fart so it comes down to who's the better cook!

United States

#61233 Nov 26, 2012
King of the hill comes on tonight followed by American dad followed by family guy. I know it's junk tv but I think it's too funny. Bet none of you guys thought a bible thumper watches junk tv. Ok this is the last off topic post ill make.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 2 min Doug77 3,531
'Pilfered' pumpkins end up pleasing pigs' palates 2 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 5 min Xstain Mullah Fra... 54
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 6 min Go Blue Forever 3,856
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 14 min Harrison Freebird 23,936
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 25 min okimar 46,029
500-Pound Suspect Can't Fit Inside Police Car 27 min indianaPacer 4
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 45 min CJ Rocker 149,130
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 48 min Hoosier Hillbilly 22,262
True or False Game 1 hr -CatCiao- 442
Who are some of your favorite people on the off... (Dec '13) 2 hr Sublime1 115
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 7 hr Crazy Beautiful 6,842

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE