Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
57,081 - 57,100 of 112,828 Comments Last updated 56 min ago

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>But if humans cannot judge, then why did your god "allow" courts to be developed at all? If your god's laws are so perfect, why did they change? How did humanity survive so long without them? Why don't you follow those laws to the letter, if they're so perfect?
Gods law is the Ten Commandments. The Bible doesn't say you can't judge that would be against free will. The Bible does say if you judge you will be judged by the measure you have judged. As it is impossible to live up to Gods law 100% he sent Jesus to bridge the gap between our sinful nature and his law this is why Christians pray for salvation. All have sinned and fallen short of Gods glory but while we were yet sinners Christ died so we could be saved. Gods law is tough his judgment absolute and righteous. This is why through Christ we can be saved but again free will says you have to believe to be saved. This is the way I believe I will not say you or anyone else is going to hell it isn't mine to say. I'm not going to tell you that gays, liars, thrives, and just sinners are going to hell. I even understand the frustration people have with Christianity so many denominations telling people what to believe. This is why I say read the bible and do so with an open mind.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I have. You wont accpet it. It is your choice. I feel sorry for you.
Where? I have seen no evidence yet. Where is this evidence?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
Yes God is creator of all and his holy word the Bible tells us so. The Bible is all the proof anyone needs. And your heart should tell you this if you open it up to Gods love.
The bible is an assertion full of assertions. You cannot use the assertion as evidence for the assertion's validity. Where is your evidence? Just some, a little bit, anything?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text> They also found pontius Pilates grave.. Jesus from nazarus was real.

??? Finding Pontius Pilate's grave proves Pontius Pilate was real. But there was never any doubt about that. It says nothing about the historicity of Yesuha Bin Sirac.
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text> Radioactive carbon dating must flawed if they found humanoids older than Lucy.

Radio Carbon dating is not used for artifacts over 60k years old.

I believe they used argon-argon and potassium-argon radiometric dating methods to date Lucy.
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text> The scientist do not have the answers for everything

True. That is why we continue to do science.
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text> the Bible was written to warn humans of the future.

Not really and it has done a rather poor job of doing so. The bible is a collection of spiritual teaching stories, history and metaphor.
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text> The Bible mentions the Roman currency denaruis

..... So?
spidersandsnakes wrote:
<quoted text> Myth is something that's not true, the Bible the civilizations and some of the rulers.
That's a fact.

No, mythology contains a lot that is true as well as much that is not true. Often mythological tales are spun off an actual historical event and kept alive in the oral tradition till it got written down.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
Yes God is creator of all and his holy word the Bible tells us so. The Bible is all the proof anyone needs. And your heart should tell you this if you open it up to Gods love.
Of course we have not said that your god does not exist. Just that the first two books in your Bible are fallacious. The first has been shown without a doubt by biology, geology, physics, chemistry, just about every science under the sun. The second book has been shown to be false by archaeology.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods law is the Ten Commandments. The Bible doesn't say you can't judge that would be against free will. The Bible does say if you judge you will be judged by the measure you have judged. As it is impossible to live up to Gods law 100% he sent Jesus to bridge the gap between our sinful nature and his law this is why Christians pray for salvation. All have sinned and fallen short of Gods glory but while we were yet sinners Christ died so we could be saved. Gods law is tough his judgment absolute and righteous. This is why through Christ we can be saved but again free will says you have to believe to be saved. This is the way I believe I will not say you or anyone else is going to hell it isn't mine to say. I'm not going to tell you that gays, liars, thrives, and just sinners are going to hell. I even understand the frustration people have with Christianity so many denominations telling people what to believe. This is why I say read the bible and do so with an open mind.
So, backing up your claims somehow prevents people from making choices?

Look fool, you are using the same old tired arguments which christians have attempted for so long they are redundant and old, very old. They don't work, but keep making them, the more people see them the more deists and atheists we see, because no one wants to be that stuck on stupid.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Generals General wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory that Temple Smoller advocate is a stunning one that has immense implications for cosmology , science and mans place in the universe since earth being the center of the universe couldn't be accidental. Its strange that this theory isn't widely known .It's similar to the theories about the universes origin, creationists stated the universe had a beginning while science said it must be eternal. When the evidence came to light that it indeed had a beginning science proved the creationists right. Wouldn't it be ironic indeed if science has proved that the earth is the center of the universe?
The way the universe works is…

…nowhere is the centre of the universe

There is no centre because the expansion is the same everywhere.

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativ...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Generals General wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory that Temple Smoller advocate is a stunning one that has immense implications for cosmology , science and mans place in the universe since earth being the center of the universe couldn't be accidental. Its strange that this theory isn't widely known .It's similar to the theories about the universes origin, creationists stated the universe had a beginning while science said it must be eternal. When the evidence came to light that it indeed had a beginning science proved the creationists right. Wouldn't it be ironic indeed if science has proved that the earth is the center of the universe?

As I pointed out to another poster just a bit ago, Temple-Smoller was refuted in the last year with the SMC data.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
Think as you wish. It is your soul that will fry if you dont except God. I hope you did not raise any children. Sad if you did to know they will fry also.
Don’t you juts love these crustard threats

Think like me or fry, wonderful and so telling of the type of god you choose to worship

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>HAHA. Then put forth your scientific theory on creationism. I'll wait.
Above is a demonstration of an evolutionists trying his hardest to look as if he actually has something of substance to reply back to me when unfortunately, he hasn’t.

Lets see creos if these evos demand a higher level of substantiation from us that they have ever been able to supply themselves. This is where hypocrisy and/or religious bigotry may become apparent.

You are a spam bot because you are too silly to know when to stop. If you keep denying that you evos had no idea what they were talking about, with junk dna and vestigial organs in particular, then I will continue to remind you. That is a fact now, written into the pages of your evo history. Deal with it!

Indeed evos would like to think their data means something but in actual fact that is far from the truth, regardless of any ridicule evos have in relation to creationism.

My theory of creation is already set out in Genesis. Genesis continues to be validated. At least Genesis provides an account to support of falsify. Where as TOE continues to change the scenarios that support it and any old story will do.

My creationist theory is that there is a God and that God can use his ENERGY to create matter, including cognitive engrams that are also simply rearranged elements. This has been supported to some degree in that energy can produce matter. Hence the 'mechanism' for creation is supported.

This is further supported by the Genesis account that outlines what the sciences should find in support or in falsification. Eg fossils found in line with Genesis as opposed to TOE, moon created after the earth as opposed to initial scientific thinking, the universe having a beginning as scientists now concur, plants not requiring sunlight as the only source of energy to thrive and predictions around the content of the genome and organs in opposition to the opposing hypothesis etc.

Being created by a creator predicts no requirment for left over ‘junk’ dna nor left over functionless organs from ‘evolution‘, quite the opposite to TOE.

TOErs suggested that TOE predicted the opposite of creo claims and insisted they had empirical evidence for junk dna and functionless organs, and creos were just ignorant idiots that refused to accept any form of science. Evos would not accept creos claims that the data was biased and flawed.

Both these evo claims have been falsified. Now we see evos scurrying off and hoping it will all go away the same as many other major blunders they called evidence now live in the huge rubbish bin of delusionary evidence past.

Despite the obvious fact that creos predictions were validated over evos, no evolutionist will have the integrity to acknowledge this historical fact. For example, look how you lot are stuggling with it. This is the lack of scientific integrity that creationists come against and have to battle against continually.

I claimed victory in demonstrating over a week or so that indeed what evolutionists call empirical evidence isn’t any better than what creos have to offer. You may be too proud to admit to it, but that is the truth of the matter.

At least creos can make assertions and predictions along side evos and have their creo predictions validated in time. Creos did not change their prediction and come up with convoluted excuses when so called jnk dna and supposed vestigial organs were found, as evos commonly do. That is why, to me, creos appear to have the upper hand in general, despite the fact that neither side has all the answers.

What predictions does TOE offer that were not made in hindsight and actually are predictions? That should not be difficult for evos to research and find. If you need help I can post a dandy!

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

oops - just

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh....since we cannot detect the EDGES of the universe, there is no way we can calculate the CENTER of the universe.
You will, of course, reply that science has shown that (most) all other galaxies are moving away from us. This is true,*BUT*(most)all other galaxies are moving away FROM EACH OTHER as well. So in that regard, EVERY galaxy could say THEY are the center of the Universe.
Or do you have a link that says different?

Temple-Smoller hypothesis would have replace dark energy with standing wave form from the big bang. One of the necessary implications of this idea is that we would have to be near the center of the universe for this hypothesis to be true (otherwise the observed data would not fit).

Temple-Smoller was effectively refuted when the dark energy measurements from the small magellanic cloud data was released. http://www.darkenergysurvey.org/science/

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So, backing up your claims somehow prevents people from making choices?

Look fool, you are using the same old tired arguments which christians have attempted for so long they are redundant and old, very old. They don't work, but keep making them, the more people see them the more deists and atheists we see, because no one wants to be that stuck on stupid.
I'm not arguing nor does my God need a defender. You simply fear the truth and that's ok most people fear what they don't understand. It is funny how you will read ever crap theory science puts out but you won't even try to understand God. As for my faith being old or whatever it might be an oldie but its still truth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Above is a demonstration of an evolutionists trying his hardest to look as if he actually has something of substance to reply back to me when unfortunately, he hasn’t.
Lets see creos if these evos demand a higher level of substantiation from us that they have ever been able to supply themselves. This is where hypocrisy and/or religious bigotry may become apparent.
You are a spam bot because you are too silly to know when to stop. If you keep denying that you evos had no idea what they were talking about, with junk dna and vestigial organs in particular, then I will continue to remind you. That is a fact now, written into the pages of your evo history. Deal with it!

[Blah blah blah..........

TOErs suggested that TOE predicted the opposite of creo claims and insisted they had empirical evidence for junk dna and functionless organs, and creos were just ignorant idiots that refused to accept any form of science. Evos would not accept creos claims that the data was biased and flawed.
Both these evo claims have been falsified. Now we see evos scurrying off and hoping it will all go away the same as many other major blunders they called evidence now live in the huge rubbish bin of delusionary evidence past.
Despite the obvious fact that creos predictions were validated over evos, no evolutionist will have the integrity to acknowledge this historical fact. For example, look how you lot are stuggling with it. This is the lack of scientific integrity that creationists come against and have to battle against continually.
I claimed victory in demonstrating over a week or so that indeed what evolutionists call empirical evidence isn’t any better than what creos have to offer. You may be too proud to admit to it, but that is the truth of the matter.
At least creos can make assertions and predictions along side evos and have their creo predictions validated in time. Creos did not change their prediction and come up with convoluted excuses when so called jnk dna and supposed vestigial organs were found, as evos commonly do. That is why, to me, creos appear to have the upper hand in general, despite the fact that neither side has all the answers.
What predictions does TOE offer that were not made in hindsight and actually are predictions? That should not be difficult for evos to research and find. If you need help I can post a dandy!

We have refuted all of this before.

Creationism is an belief system, not a scientific theory.

Creationism neither explains the data actually observed nor does it make an coherent predictions of what will be found in the future.

http://chem.tufts.edu/answersinscience/evo_sc...

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting fot the peer reviewed data that you say you can offer...

... still waiting

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
It is called the Bible. That is the proof. Open your heart to God and live a good life. Or keep living in sin and burn in hell when you die. Simple choice.
What if your wrong....Eternity in burning hell....or....etternity in wonderful joy of heaven.....WHICH SOUNDS BETTER.
Assertions, and still no evidence. Where is your evidence to back up the assertions in your book?

Again with Pascal's wager, what if you're wrong about which god it is? Do you want to anger Zeus? How about Cthulhu? Perhaps Ra or Anpu? Maybe it's Apollo? Your chances of picking the correct religion is 1 in 10^1000, chances of us atheists angering a god are oddly the same. However if you're wrong, and we destroy ourselves because of following your belief, we waste our short lives, sort of ticks on in favor of atheism, no?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

What I dont get is that being a Christian is easy and it is all about leading a good life. Nothing about being a Christian will harm you or hurt you in any way. Following Gods word is good for you and will bring you joy and happiness. Being a Christian is easy and means freedom for eternity. WHY DONT PEOPLE DO IT....
Tell me how does being a Christian hurt anyone?

It does not necessarily hurt anyone. But for many people it seems to turn off their cerebral cortex and turns on their limbic system. Many Christians seem angry, judgmental and deliberately ignorant.

Many feel a compulsion to reject science (all the while living in the comfort and technology science has helped provide) in favor of allegorical tales (which they mistake to be literal) in the book of Genesis. Dumbing people down is not good for anyone.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
Your lies dont change the fact and truth of the Bible. You are wrong....Turn from sin.
What lies and what sin? What is sin by the way? I don't think I have ever sinned in my life.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

What I dont get is that being a Christian is easy and it is all about leading a good life. Nothing about being a Christian will harm you or hurt you in any way. Following Gods word is good for you and will bring you joy and happiness. Being a Christian is easy and means freedom for eternity. WHY DONT PEOPLE DO IT....
Tell me how does being a Christian hurt anyone?
You don’t seem to know much about christians do you?

Personally I have been mocked for having dyslexia – by christians and the reason I left the church

I have been injured in an explosion initiated by christians – look up the Manchester bombing

Christians attempted to murder my children by tipping there push chair into moving traffic

You want I should go onto the wider world of people like Anders Breivik and Slobodan Milosevic?

How about recent history and Adolf Hitler?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Assertions, and still no evidence. Where is your evidence to back up the assertions in your book?

Again with Pascal's wager, what if you're wrong about which god it is? Do you want to anger Zeus? How about Cthulhu? Perhaps Ra or Anpu? Maybe it's Apollo? Your chances of picking the correct religion is 1 in 10^1000, chances of us atheists angering a god are oddly the same. However if you're wrong, and we destroy ourselves because of following your belief, we waste our short lives, sort of ticks on in favor of atheism, no?
You can't prove nor make a case against FAITH. The faithful have first hand knowledge of God. Where people of science have faith in some real "smart" guy had an idea ok an educated guess but its still a guess. When the bottom line is creos are waiting for the evos to just say "I really don't know how it all came about" and lets face it evos have an idea but they do not know. It is your faith in the collective knowledge of people smarter than you coming up with a claim they know but they really don't know either. No one knows the real process of the beginning. You think it is evolution and you guys think a lot. Come off your pride and vanity accept that no one alive knows where it all started and accept the what if their was a creator.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••