Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
57,061 - 57,080 of 112,831 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the link, it was informative and enlightening. What I found interesting were the comments about the theory in the article. No one questioned the physics or math behind the Temple Smoller theory, the science per se, yet they were uncomfortable with it, why? Quote from the article.".. to say such an idea unnerves many modern cosmologists would be an understatement". Or take this quote, that the theory was," philosophically disconcerting" The same denial and philosophical angst is all through this thread from the evo puddle gooist crowd.
Really? That must be why you run away every time you're faced with inconvenient reality then.(shrug)

Since: Sep 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You love making blind assertions, since I know different than you, you assume that I don't know. Tell us, why is it that you go to the doctor?
Personally I take tons of vitamin c I don't get sick very often but when I do need a new inhaler I go to the doc. I really don't get why you asked I'm a Christian not a moron. I believe God gives us all a talent some people are doctors some cops and on and on. As a matter of fact Luke was a doctor and wrote part of the bible.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really want God to judge you now? Not the way man would but by the measure a perfect God would judge. I don't even want that and I've been a Christian for 15 years.
But if humans cannot judge, then why did your god "allow" courts to be developed at all? If your god's laws are so perfect, why did they change? How did humanity survive so long without them? Why don't you follow those laws to the letter, if they're so perfect?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Jim wrote:
The universe will be here;
500000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000
years after the bible people who wrote the bible thought small. Evolution has been happening;
years before the bible. And will continue;
after the bible and theres not a dam thing your God can do about it.
Large numbers, you'll make their heads explode and then we'll have to clean it up again.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
None of those man made gods are real. If your wrong it will be bad...Why take the risk?
That is called Pascal's wager and has been shown to be wrong long ago.

You are in effect saying that your god is an idiot.

Which man made god do you think that we should believe in?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But if humans cannot judge, then why did your god "allow" courts to be developed at all? If your god's laws are so perfect, why did they change? How did humanity survive so long without them? Why don't you follow those laws to the letter, if they're so perfect?
You admitted that large numbers would make their heads explode and yet you expect them to understand logic?

Very naughty of you.

My prediction?

Clean up in aisle 4!!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
God made it all. He has been here since the dawn of time and will be here long after time ends. CANT CHANGE FACTS.
Facts can be proven, where is your proof?
Generals General

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Take this for instance.. Earth at the centre of the universe and no need for the mystery of dark energy that is meant to account for 96% of the matter of the universe and you know nothing about.
To say that such an idea unnerves many modern cosmologists would be an understatement. Modern cosmology takes as an article of faith that the Earth is nothing special. It’s called the Copernican Principle, named after Copernicus who concluded that the Sun and not the Earth was the center of our solar system. In modern science, Earth and the area around it is not allowed to be special or “favored” in any way compared to the rest of space — and it is certainly not allowed to be the center of the universe.
But Temple & Smoller’s theory suggests just such a thought.
Their shockwave has some things in its favor and some not so much so. For the former, the Earth-centered shockwave theory would also explain another phenomenon: the fact that Earth seems to be sitting in an odd “bubble of underdensity”— a region of the universe that doesn’t have much in it.
http://wallacegsmith.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...
The theory that Temple Smoller advocate is a stunning one that has immense implications for cosmology , science and mans place in the universe since earth being the center of the universe couldn't be accidental. Its strange that this theory isn't widely known .It's similar to the theories about the universes origin, creationists stated the universe had a beginning while science said it must be eternal. When the evidence came to light that it indeed had a beginning science proved the creationists right. Wouldn't it be ironic indeed if science has proved that the earth is the center of the universe?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You admitted that large numbers would make their heads explode and yet you expect them to understand logic?
Very naughty of you.
My prediction?
Clean up in aisle 4!!!!
Crap, I did it again. How are we suppose to prevent their heads from exploding without looking like total idiots?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
Gods holy word is proof. Open your heart and it will tell you the truth.
No, that's an assertion. Now you have more work, now you have to not only prove your god exists, but that these words, written by human hands and human brains, are what this god actually says. That's a lot of evidence you need.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Generals General wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory that Temple Smoller advocate is a stunning one that has immense implications for cosmology , science and mans place in the universe since earth being the center of the universe couldn't be accidental. Its strange that this theory isn't widely known .It's similar to the theories about the universes origin, creationists stated the universe had a beginning while science said it must be eternal. When the evidence came to light that it indeed had a beginning science proved the creationists right. Wouldn't it be ironic indeed if science has proved that the earth is the center of the universe?
Uh....since we cannot detect the EDGES of the universe, there is no way we can calculate the CENTER of the universe.

You will, of course, reply that science has shown that (most) all other galaxies are moving away from us. This is true,*BUT*(most)all other galaxies are moving away FROM EACH OTHER as well. So in that regard, EVERY galaxy could say THEY are the center of the Universe.

Or do you have a link that says different?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
Think as you wish. It is your soul that will fry if you dont except God. I hope you did not raise any children. Sad if you did to know they will fry also.
Still ... more assertions and no evidence. Why can't you post some evidence?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh....since we cannot detect the EDGES of the universe, there is no way we can calculate the CENTER of the universe.
You will, of course, reply that science has shown that (most) all other galaxies are moving away from us. This is true,*BUT*(most)all other galaxies are moving away FROM EACH OTHER as well. So in that regard, EVERY galaxy could say THEY are the center of the Universe.
Or do you have a link that says different?
Actually, they sort of did calculate it based on the movements, but there's a huge chance they're wrong. There's still the possibility that these expansions happen all over the place and ours is just a tiny part of the universe. I don't recall the details, not my area of interest. lol

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
None of those man made gods are real. If your wrong it will be bad...Why take the risk?

Your right. We should all bow down to Brahma, the one true god.

Or was that Aten?

Elohim?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Be a good person have faith in God and follow his rules. It is simple. Or dont and if your wrong you fry forever. Bad gamble. If you are right all you will have lost was leading a good life and not sinning. I mean why not follow God.

Have you ever heard of Pascal's Fallacy?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
God made it all. He has been here since the dawn of time and will be here long after time ends. CANT CHANGE FACTS.

Facts? You mean you have empirical evidence of all of this? I would be glad to see it. I have been taking God on faith up till now. But if you have proof.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
So fine dont believe and dont live a good life. Take the risk,it is your eternal soul at risk. I mean being a good Christian is so easy and feels so right and good. Tell me why take the risk.

Being a good Buddhist is a bit harder, but it feels so right and good too. Why risk potential enlightenment for a johnny-come-lately religion like Christianity?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the link, it was informative and enlightening. What I found interesting were the comments about the theory in the article. No one questioned the physics or math behind the Temple Smoller theory, the science per se, yet they were uncomfortable with it, why? Quote from the article.".. to say such an idea unnerves many modern cosmologists would be an understatement". Or take this quote, that the theory was," philosophically disconcerting" The same denial and philosophical angst is all through this thread from the evo puddle gooist crowd.

FYI
Temple-Smoller was refuted last year with the SMC data.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

God created all things...THAT IS FACT!!!!!!

No, that is what is called an Unsupported Assertion.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

<quoted text>
Your choice. But God of the Bible is the one and only true God. Your soul your choice.
Yes, so you may say. I have even greater evidence that my belief is that of the one true God:

http://www.venganza.org/

Yours seems to be a wanta be with that Three in One Oil approach.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••