Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Sep 12

United States

#60990 Nov 26, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, you have absolutely no desire to learn anything about any natural science.

Thank you for your honesty
On the contrary I find TOE a ok idea just seems a bit far fetched. The idea animal a gave birth to animal b and that went on till all of animal a is gone I could buy that. Than you come to man we are alleged to have come from apes yet we still have apes. I see it as God used a similar blue print for men and ape like we do when building airplanes or boats a tug boat isn't a aircraft carrier but they're both boats.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60991 Nov 26, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Learning to mimic others is failure. Maybe Dogan is convinced that you've just got a language barrier, but I think you're metaphorically driving on the wrong side of the road. Sooner or later, someone's going to get hurt. Think about that pride, would you?
That statement is also met for you.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#60992 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary I find TOE a ok idea just seems a bit far fetched. The idea animal a gave birth to animal b and that went on till all of animal a is gone I could buy that.
Nope, wrong. Absolutely wrong. Who told you that animal A had to disappear?
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Than you come to man we are alleged to have come from apes yet we still have apes.
We *are* still apes
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I see it as God used a similar blue print for men and ape like we do when building airplanes or boats a tug boat isn't a aircraft carrier but they're both boats.
It could be your god. Or it could be Allah. Or Zeus. Or Odin.

But we evolved. The evidence says so

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#60993 Nov 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Is that all?
It is enough, and shrugging you shoulders like a good christian does not make it go away

Level 2

Location hidden

#60994 Nov 26, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like you to grab the wrong end of the stick – this is a prime example of what quote mining in ignorance does to the truly ignorant who have no concept that others can see where there carefully mined quotes actually come from.
The letter you quote leaves no doubt that Einstein did not consider religious beliefs relevant and regarded them as "childish superstitions".
Einstein states in the letter "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can change this."
Here is a scan and translation of the letter you quote
http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/word-god...
Read it and learn

Some more of Einstein’s belief on religion
Scientists Can Hardly Believe in Prayers to Supernatural Beings – A letter dated 1936
Divine Will Cannot Cause Natural Events - Science and Religion (1941)
Concept of a Personal God is the Main Source of Conflict - Science and Religion (1941)
Biblical Inerrancy Intrudes on Sphere of Science - Science and Religion (1941)
Dogmatically Fixed Religion Conflicts with Science - Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?(1948)
Learning About Science Ends Deep Religiosity - Einstein, History, and Other Passions, p. 172

In is energy mass equivalence equation Einstein proved that the god as described in KJV revelation 19:6 cannot exist in this universe.
Narrow minded view. He is not a Christian or a religionist, but he believed that both parties can co-habit together peacefully.

United States

#60995 Nov 26, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, wrong. Absolutely wrong. Who told you that animal A had to disappear?

Bat Foy wrote, "<quoted text>
Than you come to man we are alleged to have come from apes yet we still have apes. "

We *are* still apes

Bat Foy wrote, "<quoted text>
I see it as God used a similar blue print for men and ape like we do when building airplanes or boats a tug boat isn't a aircraft carrier but they're both boats."

It could be your god. Or it could be Allah. Or Zeus. Or Odin.

But we evolved. The evidence says so
You can be a ape Ill be beautifully and wonderfully MADE by The God of Israel the God of the Jews The God of Abraham The great "I am". You can take your so called evolution "proof" that you still have not proven just guessed on. Ill bet on God and when we get to the end of the road if I'm just dust than I'm dust if I'm right than you'll have your proof to keep you cool.
bohart

Newport, TN

#60996 Nov 26, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Take this for instance.. Earth at the centre of the universe and no need for the mystery of dark energy that is meant to account for 96% of the matter of the universe and you know nothing about.
To say that such an idea unnerves many modern cosmologists would be an understatement. Modern cosmology takes as an article of faith that the Earth is nothing special. It’s called the Copernican Principle, named after Copernicus who concluded that the Sun and not the Earth was the center of our solar system. In modern science, Earth and the area around it is not allowed to be special or “favored” in any way compared to the rest of space — and it is certainly not allowed to be the center of the universe.
But Temple & Smoller’s theory suggests just such a thought.
Their shockwave has some things in its favor and some not so much so. For the former, the Earth-centered shockwave theory would also explain another phenomenon: the fact that Earth seems to be sitting in an odd “bubble of underdensity”— a region of the universe that doesn’t have much in it.
http://wallacegsmith.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...
Thanks for the link, it was informative and enlightening. What I found interesting were the comments about the theory in the article. No one questioned the physics or math behind the Temple Smoller theory, the science per se, yet they were uncomfortable with it, why? Quote from the article.".. to say such an idea unnerves many modern cosmologists would be an understatement". Or take this quote, that the theory was," philosophically disconcerting" The same denial and philosophical angst is all through this thread from the evo puddle gooist crowd.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60997 Nov 26, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is enough, and shrugging you shoulders like a good christian does not make it go away
Are you tired of the shit, go on don't stop.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#60998 Nov 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Narrow minded view. He is not a Christian or a religionist, but he believed that both parties can co-habit together peacefully.
Narrow minded? I was not the one quote mining to make up lies just to make himself look good in the eyes of a mythical god.

That was you.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#60999 Nov 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> To me, beliefs are personal to the concerned. No mortal can rightfully judge a mortal, except God, the immortal. He was a christian. That is what i know. Period.
Then why is some god not sitting on the court bench?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#61000 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary I find TOE a ok idea just seems a bit far fetched. The idea animal a gave birth to animal b and that went on till all of animal a is gone I could buy that. Than you come to man we are alleged to have come from apes yet we still have apes. I see it as God used a similar blue print for men and ape like we do when building airplanes or boats a tug boat isn't a aircraft carrier but they're both boats.
Based on this post, you have no comprehension of how evolution happens, much less the ToE.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#61001 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be a ape Ill be beautifully and wonderfully MADE by The God of Israel the God of the Jews The God of Abraham The great "I am". You can take your so called evolution "proof" that you still have not proven just guessed on. Ill bet on God and when we get to the end of the road if I'm just dust than I'm dust if I'm right than you'll have your proof to keep you cool.
You seem to be poorly educated in the field of naturl science. I apologise, on your school's behalf.

United States

#61002 Nov 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Narrow minded view. He is not a Christian or a religionist, but he believed that both parties can co-habit together peacefully.
The very idea of evolution is offensive to God. It's the same as if someone told you your kids aren't yours the universe farted them out they aren't any different then a roach.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#61003 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
The very idea of evolution is offensive to God. It's the same as if someone told you your kids aren't yours the universe farted them out they aren't any different then a roach.
By your belief you didn't make the kids, and they are not yours, they belong to your god. That means, you should not be raising them at all but should instead be slaves for your god.

United States

#61005 Nov 26, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be poorly educated in the field of naturl science. I apologise, on your school's behalf.
No need for your sympathy. I'm not a science buff I'm a minister I spend most of my time leaning about God. I'm not stupid I just don't think that 1 theory of men holds water to a faith in God.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#61006 Nov 26, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
God created all things...THAT IS FACT!!!!!!
Drive by diarrhea?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#61008 Nov 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Pride goes before destruction or a fall. You think you know or understand everything
Says the guy who won't admit that he is wrong when it is pointed out to him.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#61009 Nov 26, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>Drive by fact.
Then you have not been paying much attention.

United States

#61011 Nov 26, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>By your belief you didn't make the kids, and they are not yours, they belong to your god. That means, you should not be raising them at all but should instead be slaves for your god.
I am a willing servant of God not a slave. I choose to raise my children the way I believe Pleases God and one day my kids that God has given and trusted me to care for will either choose to also serve him or they won't. Based on your post you know nothing about the facts of God the freedom that a life of faith provides and the hope of a future you are unwilling to try and understand.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#61012 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
The way God made everything doesn't matter to me. Arguing the beginning is as pointless as debating the end. I don't believe God took more than 6 days to make everything as we see it now. I think The Bible gives the info we need to live a life for God. It isn't a tech manual for scientific debate. In the first chapter of genesis the difference of day and night is established from sunrise to sunset is a day. Moses said God said he did it in 6 days who am I to say he didn't. I don't know how nor do I need to know. Maybe it was just the way God explained it to Moses so he would understand. The Bible says nothing about dinosaurs however how can anyone deny they were here?
Ask the fundies. They're the ones who say stupid things like man and dinos walked together. Kinda like the Flinstones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,078
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,386
Skunk with head stuck in beer can rescued in Ohio 1 hr JailBroke 3
10-Year-Old Goldfish Undergoes Brain Surgery 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 36
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 24,103
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr SLY WEST 1,029
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 36,440
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 147,023
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr SLY WEST 5,592
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr -Kevin- 20,051
I Like..... (Mar '14) 6 hr Petal Power 280
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE