Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#60982 Nov 26, 2012
MazHere wrote:
Yeah, just like junk dna supports evolution up until it doesn't.
Except this has already addressed numerous times over. It's not whether or not DNA has function it's the pattern it has. But each time you always ignore the fact you're referencing evidence which doesn't even support you and that you already reject anyway for theological reasons. You can't be a YEC and use evidence supporting an old Earth to debunk evolution. You can't be an OEC and use YEC apologetics to debunk evolution either.

Well you CAN, you'd just be a liar.(shrug)
MazHere wrote:
Look fu,k head. How about you try to refute Sanfords work on ch2?
Already did. That's why Sanford (a reality denying YEC) can't explain how if everything is supposed to be suffering from "genetic entropy" due to "TEH FALL" then why the human population is currently diversifying and steadily increasing. He also can't provide us with the date of when we reach critical mass and the human genome will be no longer viable. This of course is in contradiction to both the Genesis account and Noah's Ark whereby "TEH FALL" has ALREADY happened and therefore the genome was ALREADY non-viable since Adam and Eve. Which in turn both scenarios contradict you AGAIN since both of them REQUIRE evolution at a highly-accelerated rate, contradicting your claims that evolution cannot happen and that "TEH FALL" (for which there is no mechanism by the way) is responsible for genetic entropy which would have wiped out all life on Earth. Twice. You can then get around this by claiming that Adam & Eve and Noah & Co were "special" and had a genome COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO THAT OF ALL HUMANS ON EARTH, but then you have a slight problem in that you have zero evidence to demonstrate that they ever existed in the first place. Enter more Jewmagic.
MazHere wrote:
Oh piss off. These fools are always talking about their great posts and can never requote them.
You always foolishly repeat long posts even after we've addressed them.(shrug) Works on the gullible fundies around here I suppose.
MazHere wrote:
The fact appears to be that evos shove their irrefuteable evidence at creos, and it always turns to shit. Those are the facts, and that is what you are so proud of.
But of course. A number of times people have posted rebuttals and you ignore them and merely re-spam stuff you've already posted. So since you're not bothering to refute them makes them irrefutable. It may be that reality may one day provide evidence that DOES, but judging by the creo track record it probably won't have anything to do with the "scientific theory" of creationism.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#60983 Nov 26, 2012
MazHere wrote:
Mankind is only an ape because you lot have poofed us into one.
Actually we're apes because God poofed us into one. Either by magic or by evolutionary development. Assuming a God exists.
MazHere wrote:
Evos would rather remain egotistical liars then to fess up to the truth.
Projection. I've demonstrated your dishonest behavior over and over. But fundies have no shame.
MazHere wrote:
Please repost I must have missed it.
Precisely our point.(shrug)
MazHere wrote:
How does modern bird footprints dated to 212mya
Case in point. SD already addressed this ages ago and all you can do is demand we do it again. Once was enough. And also you can't mention ages beyond 6,000 years but do so because you're a hypocrite.
MazHere wrote:
That does not mean TOE is not true. It does mean thatyou do not have substantive and credible evidence for it.
Actually I did, but they remain unaddressed. And so it goes...

Hey Maz! What's the "scientific theory" of creationism? When will you finally grasp that this one very simple point completely obliterates anything you can come up with?

Carry on, I have no trouble in letting you continue to demonstrate the hypocrisy and dishonesty of the creationist position. Fundies can do nothing else.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#60984 Nov 26, 2012
MazHere wrote:
1. Creationist predictions that if the creation was made by the hand of God there would be no need for junk dna are currently being validiated.
2. Evolutionists that shoved junk dna down creationists throats over the past decade, were actually presenting flawed and incomplete data and now have to suck eggs.
3. Evolutionists asserted that this non functional dna was the left overs from evolution. Now this great evidence has been falsified. TOE has either a failed prediction or never could make a prediction around non coding dna.
4. Creationist predictions around all organs having function and not being left overs from some deep evolutionary event are also being validiated.
5. Evolutionists predicted and thought they'd found left over non functional organs and called them vestigial.
6. Evolutionists have had to redefine the definition of vestigial because what has been found is that vestigial organs do have function. Not only do they have function they also have a different function.
7. Evolutionists have great hand waving abilities and poof mythical theropods into existence to save their bird paradigm from total falsification. This is an example of evo handwaving.
8. Handwaving has been evoked in relation to all fossil and genomic evidence in support of TOE, including mankinds ancestry with chimps.
9. TOE has predictive ability akin to a crystal ball.
10. The support I can provide for creationism could not be worse than the 150 years of instability and falsifications evos have to offer.
1,2,3 & 4 - All the same point spread out over 4 numbers to make it look like you have more points. Already addressed. Numerous times. You also have given no good reason why can't can't have made "junk" DNA since you have no evidence of any mechanism or God itself. Also TEH FALL should leave "junk", yes? Since that IS the claim. You can't claim 100% function then use Sanford's claim that we're all deteriorating. Duh.

5 - Male nipples. Why?

6 - Different function is precisely what evolution predicts. Function will change over time.

7 - They aren't mythical. You call transitionals "mosaics", which is basically an admission that it's a transitional and you're too gutless to admit it.

8 - In other words you are unable to refute the info that I provided from multiple lines of evidence. Don't worry, no other fundie on the planet has yet either. That's why evolution is still accepted by the scientific community.

9 - Predicts protein function with 96% accuracy. Creationism 0% accuracy.

10 - Support for creationism = GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC, and no scientific evidence. Only bad apologetics against evolution.
MazHere wrote:
That kinda sums up what I have demonstrated that you no longer want to talk about because none of these above have been successfully refuted.
So what do you want to talk about now? Evo egomania.
Heaven only knows I have had to repeat myself many times. If you think you're so great and actually had something to say I am sure you would speak to it again. You've got nothing of substance to add at all. You just want to save face on this forum by using obvious avoidance.
Hence not only are you a looser, you are also a huge pretender.
Serious ironic case of projection. Yes, you DO repeat yourself many time. Only pretending it's not been addressed before. And to top it off you also ignore the wild inconsistency of your own (evidenceless) position.

What's the "scientific theory" of creationism? Evilushun iz rong so JEWMAGIC?

Thought so.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#60985 Nov 26, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
If my grandparents were married in 1928, lived, had children who in turn married and had children of there own, arguing when the marriage occured would not change the fact that they were married and so forth.
Arguing that finding certain fossil evidence at an unexpected time is just the same thing. It may change the timeline, alter where some key events may have taken place but it doesn't destroy the concept of evolution.
For instance, if while looking through family papers I discover a picture of my grandparents wedding dated 1923, that doesn't mean they weren't married. It means that based on the evidence other family members had there is a discrepency in the date the marriage took place. It could be the photo was mislabelled or it is correct. There would be much controversy amongst the family as to which is correct, but none would say that there was no marriage as a result of the new evidence.
It is a simple concept I know, but one that seems to be abused on here as if the abuser was in possession of Thor's hammer. With such, these people gleefully believe they are destroying the foundations of evolution. This is further based on the misconception that science is based on popularity rather than on facts. Evolution is not an accepted theory because it is popular. It is an accepted theory because of the facts.
I invite the open minded, critical thinking, person to watch how radical creationists abuse their ignorance on here daily. Watch them rant on in some illogical manner and then declare themselves the winner of whatever it is they think they won. The names of the characters may change, but the stupidity, ignorance and hubris remain the same.
Brilliant post, mate.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#60986 Nov 26, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, you're the one denying the reality God created.(shrug) If God exists, it used evolution. Or like your French pal just said - God is a liar. Take your pick.

Of course everyone really knows the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the REAL God. RAMEN!
The way God made everything doesn't matter to me. Arguing the beginning is as pointless as debating the end. I don't believe God took more than 6 days to make everything as we see it now. I think The Bible gives the info we need to live a life for God. It isn't a tech manual for scientific debate. In the first chapter of genesis the difference of day and night is established from sunrise to sunset is a day. Moses said God said he did it in 6 days who am I to say he didn't. I don't know how nor do I need to know. Maybe it was just the way God explained it to Moses so he would understand. The Bible says nothing about dinosaurs however how can anyone deny they were here?

Level 5

#60987 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
The way God made everything doesn't matter to me. Arguing the beginning is as pointless as debating the end. I don't believe God took more than 6 days to make everything as we see it now. I think The Bible gives the info we need to live a life for God. It isn't a tech manual for scientific debate. In the first chapter of genesis the difference of day and night is established from sunrise to sunset is a day. Moses said God said he did it in 6 days who am I to say he didn't. I don't know how nor do I need to know. Maybe it was just the way God explained it to Moses so he would understand. The Bible says nothing about dinosaurs however how can anyone deny they were here?
In other words, you have absolutely no desire to learn anything about any natural science.

Thank you for your honesty

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#60988 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
“Arguing the beginning is as pointless as debating the end. I don't believe God took more than 6 days to make everything as we see it now.”

Say what?

“I think The Bible gives the info we need to live a life for God.”

info on how top create silicon devices?, fibre optics? Etc…

“In the first chapter of genesis the difference of day and night is established from sunrise to sunset is a day”

Yup day and night happen, even bronze age man could see that, in many cases they actually worshipped the change

“Maybe it was just the way God explained it “

Interpreting?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60989 Nov 26, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You accused a christian minister of child murder with no facts other than your belief in a child murdering god , that is all I need to know about you and your god
It boils down to one think and one thing only, you have a disturbed personality and you hide behind you god to tell lies and irrelevancies, make threats and issue accusations, basically the second worst type of christian imaginable,
Is that all?

United States

#60990 Nov 26, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, you have absolutely no desire to learn anything about any natural science.

Thank you for your honesty
On the contrary I find TOE a ok idea just seems a bit far fetched. The idea animal a gave birth to animal b and that went on till all of animal a is gone I could buy that. Than you come to man we are alleged to have come from apes yet we still have apes. I see it as God used a similar blue print for men and ape like we do when building airplanes or boats a tug boat isn't a aircraft carrier but they're both boats.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60991 Nov 26, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Learning to mimic others is failure. Maybe Dogan is convinced that you've just got a language barrier, but I think you're metaphorically driving on the wrong side of the road. Sooner or later, someone's going to get hurt. Think about that pride, would you?
That statement is also met for you.

Level 5

#60992 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary I find TOE a ok idea just seems a bit far fetched. The idea animal a gave birth to animal b and that went on till all of animal a is gone I could buy that.
Nope, wrong. Absolutely wrong. Who told you that animal A had to disappear?
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
Than you come to man we are alleged to have come from apes yet we still have apes.
We *are* still apes
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I see it as God used a similar blue print for men and ape like we do when building airplanes or boats a tug boat isn't a aircraft carrier but they're both boats.
It could be your god. Or it could be Allah. Or Zeus. Or Odin.

But we evolved. The evidence says so

Level 6

#60993 Nov 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Is that all?
It is enough, and shrugging you shoulders like a good christian does not make it go away

Level 2

Location hidden

#60994 Nov 26, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like you to grab the wrong end of the stick – this is a prime example of what quote mining in ignorance does to the truly ignorant who have no concept that others can see where there carefully mined quotes actually come from.
The letter you quote leaves no doubt that Einstein did not consider religious beliefs relevant and regarded them as "childish superstitions".
Einstein states in the letter "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can change this."
Here is a scan and translation of the letter you quote
http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/word-god...
Read it and learn

Some more of Einstein’s belief on religion
Scientists Can Hardly Believe in Prayers to Supernatural Beings – A letter dated 1936
Divine Will Cannot Cause Natural Events - Science and Religion (1941)
Concept of a Personal God is the Main Source of Conflict - Science and Religion (1941)
Biblical Inerrancy Intrudes on Sphere of Science - Science and Religion (1941)
Dogmatically Fixed Religion Conflicts with Science - Religion and Science: Irreconcilable?(1948)
Learning About Science Ends Deep Religiosity - Einstein, History, and Other Passions, p. 172

In is energy mass equivalence equation Einstein proved that the god as described in KJV revelation 19:6 cannot exist in this universe.
Narrow minded view. He is not a Christian or a religionist, but he believed that both parties can co-habit together peacefully.

United States

#60995 Nov 26, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, wrong. Absolutely wrong. Who told you that animal A had to disappear?

Bat Foy wrote, "<quoted text>
Than you come to man we are alleged to have come from apes yet we still have apes. "

We *are* still apes

Bat Foy wrote, "<quoted text>
I see it as God used a similar blue print for men and ape like we do when building airplanes or boats a tug boat isn't a aircraft carrier but they're both boats."

It could be your god. Or it could be Allah. Or Zeus. Or Odin.

But we evolved. The evidence says so
You can be a ape Ill be beautifully and wonderfully MADE by The God of Israel the God of the Jews The God of Abraham The great "I am". You can take your so called evolution "proof" that you still have not proven just guessed on. Ill bet on God and when we get to the end of the road if I'm just dust than I'm dust if I'm right than you'll have your proof to keep you cool.
bohart

Newport, TN

#60996 Nov 26, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Take this for instance.. Earth at the centre of the universe and no need for the mystery of dark energy that is meant to account for 96% of the matter of the universe and you know nothing about.
To say that such an idea unnerves many modern cosmologists would be an understatement. Modern cosmology takes as an article of faith that the Earth is nothing special. It’s called the Copernican Principle, named after Copernicus who concluded that the Sun and not the Earth was the center of our solar system. In modern science, Earth and the area around it is not allowed to be special or “favored” in any way compared to the rest of space — and it is certainly not allowed to be the center of the universe.
But Temple & Smoller’s theory suggests just such a thought.
Their shockwave has some things in its favor and some not so much so. For the former, the Earth-centered shockwave theory would also explain another phenomenon: the fact that Earth seems to be sitting in an odd “bubble of underdensity”— a region of the universe that doesn’t have much in it.
http://wallacegsmith.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...
Thanks for the link, it was informative and enlightening. What I found interesting were the comments about the theory in the article. No one questioned the physics or math behind the Temple Smoller theory, the science per se, yet they were uncomfortable with it, why? Quote from the article.".. to say such an idea unnerves many modern cosmologists would be an understatement". Or take this quote, that the theory was," philosophically disconcerting" The same denial and philosophical angst is all through this thread from the evo puddle gooist crowd.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60997 Nov 26, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is enough, and shrugging you shoulders like a good christian does not make it go away
Are you tired of the shit, go on don't stop.

Level 6

#60998 Nov 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Narrow minded view. He is not a Christian or a religionist, but he believed that both parties can co-habit together peacefully.
Narrow minded? I was not the one quote mining to make up lies just to make himself look good in the eyes of a mythical god.

That was you.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#60999 Nov 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> To me, beliefs are personal to the concerned. No mortal can rightfully judge a mortal, except God, the immortal. He was a christian. That is what i know. Period.
Then why is some god not sitting on the court bench?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#61000 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary I find TOE a ok idea just seems a bit far fetched. The idea animal a gave birth to animal b and that went on till all of animal a is gone I could buy that. Than you come to man we are alleged to have come from apes yet we still have apes. I see it as God used a similar blue print for men and ape like we do when building airplanes or boats a tug boat isn't a aircraft carrier but they're both boats.
Based on this post, you have no comprehension of how evolution happens, much less the ToE.

Level 5

#61001 Nov 26, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be a ape Ill be beautifully and wonderfully MADE by The God of Israel the God of the Jews The God of Abraham The great "I am". You can take your so called evolution "proof" that you still have not proven just guessed on. Ill bet on God and when we get to the end of the road if I'm just dust than I'm dust if I'm right than you'll have your proof to keep you cool.
You seem to be poorly educated in the field of naturl science. I apologise, on your school's behalf.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Ok Then 159,770
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... 14 min Good-Evil 592
Things to do while waiting........ 34 min ellaquent 323
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 36 min ellaquent 78,503
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 2 hr Wolftracks 7,233
Unwanted Help (Jun '14) 3 hr Enter Username 107
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 139,747
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 4 hr say it aint so 28,125
News 15 Weird Weight-Loss Tricks That Work 5 hr wichita-rick 6
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 5 hr ms_Sweeter 8,090