Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60940 Nov 25, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know.
My son has full blown autism and even he gets things faster than Charles!
Sorry for your son. But mind your language.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60941 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
My twin brother, too!
The two Brotherhood, i love that. Two Zen Brotherhood brethrens against one.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60942 Nov 25, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Newton believed in alchemy. We know that's just woowoo. Do you believe you can turn lead to gold with pixie dust?
Whatever. But i know he was a christian, like Copernicus, Galileo, etc.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60943 Nov 25, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Hence the debate. Christians and other religionists who are scientist, will disagree to that.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60944 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry for your son. But mind your language.
Charles, there's a whole world of language going on around you that you are missing and people know it.

I'm a bit nerdy. I think that generally most people are far more willing to lie selfishly than comes natural to me. There's an empathic gap there, I guess because I respect peoples intelligence a bit more than they deserve. If I behaved the way they do, I'd be inclined to slug people constantly, which wouldn't be socially acceptable and a bit dangerous as I'm not that big.

You on the other hand, function like an autistic savant. You seem to be importing left brain functions over to your right brain for some reason. You're just not getting it. Mentally, you count what you should be taking pictures of and/or vice-versa. Whatever you think is funny, nobody else here does.

You're either going to have to explain your feelings better or stop commanding others to fly right. It's not funny for any of us to just keep on abusing you because you aren't learning! OK?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60945 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The two Brotherhood, i love that. Two Zen Brotherhood brethrens against one.
A VERY bad choice of words.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#60946 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever. But i know he was a christian, like Copernicus, Galileo, etc.
I still fail to see your point? Lots of great minds have some pretty crazy beliefs. It doesn't make those great minds less great nor does it give validity to their crazy beliefs.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#60947 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hence the debate. Christians and other religionists who are scientist, will disagree to that.
You really do like speaking for other people, a lot.
Bobby

Maisons-laffitte, France

#60948 Nov 25, 2012
I am fed up with evolutionists who must accept evolution for it is the only theory which is compatible with their materialist worldview.

I made a quick youtube video

I just love these excerpts of a hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. If the world was really built this way, what signs would there be?
Apparent age is built from the beginning. Even sitting in a bar would start with the memory of a fulfilled life.
Here all is held outside the laws of nature until the "commencement of life cycle" (at 2:36).

Evolutionists have no choice. Evolution is a bad theory but the best they have.

Whilst we can sit back and enjoy (even if we have no idea how it really is all here).
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60949 Nov 25, 2012
Bobby wrote:
I am fed up with evolutionists who must accept evolution for it is the only theory which is compatible with their materialist worldview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BTBze6a5vQAXX
I just love these excerpts of a hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. If the world was really built this way, what signs would there be?
Apparent age is built from the beginning. Even sitting in a bar would start with the memory of a fulfilled life.
Here all is held outside the laws of nature until the "commencement of life cycle" (at 2:36).
Whilst we can sit back and enjoy (even if we have no idea how it really is all here).
Ah! The new batch of loonies has arrived!

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#60950 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry for your son. But mind your language.

I am not sorry for him. He is a great human being.

Still you are pretty dense about a lot of things. Probably the language barrier.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#60951 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever. But i know he was a christian, like Copernicus, Galileo, etc.

Really? You know he did not believe in the trinity, nor did he believe that Jesus was god?

Did you know he was a demonologist and practiced the occult?

You still think he was a Christian? I got more!

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#60952 Nov 25, 2012
MazHere wrote:
1. Creationist predictions that if the creation was made by the hand of God there would be no need for junk dna are currently being validiated.
Yet more than 80% Of the genome does not contribute to the development of the phenotype. Much of this material is recognizable as bits and pieces of nonfunctioning genes and retroviral inserts.

Your contention is equivalent to looking at the remains of an old car that hasn't run in decades and claiming that it isn't junk because it might have some usable parts.

Does the failure of your "Creationist predictions" mean that you'll abandon your God?
MazHere wrote:
2. Evolutionists that shoved junk dna down creationists throats over the past decade, were actually presenting flawed and incomplete data and now have to suck eggs.
See above.
MazHere wrote:
3. Evolutionists asserted that this non functional dna was the left overs from evolution. Now this great evidence has been falsified. TOE has either a failed prediction or never could make a prediction around non coding dna.
In your DNA are the remains of three genes that code for egg yolk. They no longer function, but by synteny and sequence similarity, they are recognizable as the same three that are still functional in birds. They are left from our common ancestor with birds.(I won't waste time explaining how we know that unless you ask.)

Is this the sort of thing you claim to have falsified?
MazHere wrote:
4. Creationist predictions around all organs having function and not being left overs from some deep evolutionary event are also being validiated.
Most structures have function. A few (like hind limbs on whales, eyes on blind creatures) have degenerated beyond that point and will eventually be lost.
MazHere wrote:
5. Evolutionists predicted and thought they'd found left over non functional organs and called them vestigial.
Blind Cave Fish.
MazHere wrote:
6. Evolutionists have had to redefine the definition of vestigial because what has been found is that vestigial organs do have function. Not only do they have function they also have a different function.
They had a function in ancestral forms and now they have a different function. They've evolved.
MazHere wrote:
7. Evolutionists have great hand waving abilities and poof mythical theropods into existence to save their bird paradigm from total falsification. This is an example of evo handwaving.
This one's too esoteric for me.
MazHere wrote:
8. Handwaving has been evoked in relation to all fossil and genomic evidence in support of TOE, including mankinds ancestry with chimps.
Again, you seem not to have a point.
MazHere wrote:
9. TOE has predictive ability akin to a crystal ball.
The only prediction is that any discoveries concerning species diversity will conform to the model described by the theory. So far, so good. You haven't found anything that contradicts that, have you?
MazHere wrote:
10. The support I can provide for creationism could not be worse than the 150 years of instability and falsifications evos have to offer.
You've provided no support for Creationism nor any substantive contradictions to ToE.
MazHere wrote:
That kinda sums up what I have demonstrated that you no longer want to talk about because none of these above have been successfully refuted.
Whatever you say.

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#60953 Nov 25, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Romans did not speak of Jesus.
Do you know what will happen to your spiders genome in 10 million years...or 100 million years?
Oh, by the way, tarantula is the proper spelling for your pet.
Her name is spider.
Yes they did,they also spoke of the apostle pual and the first century Christians

I studied the history of civilizations,they've have so many writtings about him..
They mention him as a great teacher.

They also found pontius Pilates grave.. Jesus from nazarus was real.

Radioactive carbon dating must flawed if they found humanoids older than Lucy.

The scientist do not have the answers for everything
the Bible was written to warn humans of the future.

The Bible mentions the Roman currency denaruis

Myth is something that's not true, the Bible the civilizations and some of the rulers.
That's a fact.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60954 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles, there's a whole world of language going on around you that you are missing and people know it.
I'm a bit nerdy. I think that generally most people are far more willing to lie selfishly than comes natural to me. There's an empathic gap there, I guess because I respect peoples intelligence a bit more than they deserve. If I behaved the way they do, I'd be inclined to slug people constantly, which wouldn't be socially acceptable and a bit dangerous as I'm not that big.
You on the other hand, function like an autistic savant. You seem to be importing left brain functions over to your right brain for some reason. You're just not getting it. Mentally, you count what you should be taking pictures of and/or vice-versa. Whatever you think is funny, nobody else here does.
You're either going to have to explain your feelings better or stop commanding others to fly right. It's not funny for any of us to just keep on abusing you because you aren't learning! OK?
Pride! and that is it.
Pride goes before destruction or a fall. You think you know or understand everything, but on the contrary you don't and you will never. As for me, i am learning, because i know that learning stops when one is dead.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60955 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
A VERY bad choice of words.
Oh, you hate that!
Stop comparing me with an autistic person. And also stop insulting me un-necessarily, in the disguised name of fun?

Level 2

Location hidden

#60956 Nov 25, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I still fail to see your point? Lots of great minds have some pretty crazy beliefs. It doesn't make those great minds less great nor does it give validity to their crazy beliefs.
To me, beliefs are personal to the concerned. No mortal can rightfully judge a mortal, except God, the immortal. He was a christian. That is what i know. Period.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60957 Nov 25, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You really do like speaking for other people, a lot.
No. But every true scientist that accepts religion as a source of truth, will definitely disagree with your use of, " yes ".

Level 2

Location hidden

#60958 Nov 25, 2012
Bobby wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BTBze6a5vQAXX
Hmmmm.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60959 Nov 25, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sorry for him. He is a great human being.
Still you are pretty dense about a lot of things. Probably the language barrier.
Autism is a bad sickness( disorder). What type of a person are you. You boast of a language that will never be yours. This was what led to our initial disagreement on English language. There is nothing like language barrier here, if there is any, you are. Stop the pride.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 31,785
News 450 kg man moved to new nursing home by crane a... 16 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 29 min Hoosier Hillbilly 8,343
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 29 min Hoosier Hillbilly 31,537
last word - first (Jun '12) 31 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,688
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 31 min -ThatsAllFolks- 4,825
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 32 min Hoosier Hillbilly 8,034
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 54 min -ThatsAllFolks- 28,869
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Camilla 161,490
motorcycle traveling stories 3 hr Mega Monster 568
Things that make life eaiser... 5 hr wichita-rick 123
News Burger King Customer Arrested After Citing Movie 6 hr Barry 6
More from around the web