Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60928 Nov 25, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot believe that you are stupid enough to argue! LOL!
Are you running away from the post, challenge it if you can. Stupidity in the highest order.
Lol

Level 2

Location hidden

#60929 Nov 25, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you never get it when you are being made fun of.
Man, then you do not know or understand the meaning of fun.
Did he( Einstein) said, " science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind ". Did any one forced him to say that, yes or no?
An advice, look before you leap(poke nose).

Level 2

Location hidden

#60930 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the poor guy undoubtedly had all sorts of loonies trying to co-opt his name for crazy things. He could have been killed by any number of fanatics that he refused to endorse.
Do you suppose that he may have learned to make his real message clear to people who were capable of empathizing with him, yet left others with some ambiguous talisman to hang onto, rather than casually crush their messianic delusions?
Hmmmph!! The Internet has its value.
That is your opinion. To me, he believed that, science and religion can mutually co-habit together as one, for the good of the society.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60931 Nov 25, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you never get it when you are being made fun of.
Asperger's.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#60932 Nov 25, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up Dogen? Is the creation/evolution debate getting to hot for you to handle. Now you want to head staight for a philosophical topic to chase out tails around all day about. I can pick the crap out of your geology and you can pick the crap out of any flood geoplogy. Well that sounds like fun..Not.

Oh, I don't really think you have a chance against real geology an I can prove flood geology is crap. So it sounds like plenty of fun to me. And YOU did bring it up.
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text> I tell you what why don't you get off that lazy behind of yours and refute my claims around junk dna, vestigial organs, ervs, chromosome 2 fusion, the fossil evidence, the myth of 1%, birds being out in the fossil record or any of my previous claims.

I think I have refuted them all. I don't remember what you said about ERVs but if you think it is not a complete crush of creotard nonsense then you don't really understand them. Since you don't seem to comprehend any bit of science, but rather simply parrot the creotard greatest hits in the head list, this should be pretty easy.

So tell me, ho... er.... I mean 'how' do you account for ERVs, DNA in general and the fossil evidence ALL falling into the EXACT SAME nested hierarchy pattern?

Just a real easy one to get us kicked off. You should have no problem trying to double talk your way out of that one without changing the subject. There is the rope. Do with it whatever you do with rope.
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text> Oh no! Thats all too hard for some of you. You'd rather talk about languages it seems!
Here is another claim presented for you again...Nothing I can present in support of creation could be worse than the 150 years of instability and falsifications you have to offer.

You are not even clear when you are making unsupported assertions. Seems you are frustrated that the ToE has been around 150 years and has weathered every criticism against it without breaking a sweat. It will be around in another 150 years. How can it not? It has not a single competitor in all of science.
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text> Your theoretical base is no better than mine and TOE should be sent packing to the philosophies camp and be deleted from science streams.

ROTFLMFAO. Okay. Lets play that game for a few.

Instead of talking about the THEORY of evolution, lets talk about the FACT of evolution.

The FACT of evolution is observable in the Fossil Record.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...

The FACT of evolution is observable in the Genomic Record.
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~miller/teaching/ast...

The FACT of evolution is observable in nature.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-speciatio...
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/speciation.ht...

The FACT of evolution is observable in the laboratory.
http://www.dbskeptic.com/2008/06/21/macro-evo...

If you can deal with the FACT of evolution,....THEN we can discuss the theory.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#60933 Nov 25, 2012
Good grief is Maz still polluting this thread with her debunked nonsense?

On the "modern bird fossils". No, all accounts call them bird like and note some differences between modern birds and those fossil footprints. And especially important no bird fossils have been found,... yet. At any rate a reversed hallux does not a bird make. Creationists have claimed that Archaeopteryx is a modern bird ever since it was found even though it has sharp pointed teeth, a long tail, claws on its wings and now a non-reversed hallux. Yes, better preserved fossils than the original indicate that the hallux was not reversed. For the TOE this is no problem since all that matters it that the hallux reversed some time.

Even if those footprints do turn out to be bird footprints it is no big whoop, as the professionals say. It only means that we had the wrong date for the first birds. The older date is not a ridiculously older bird that would harm evolution in any way. It might help the BAND group (Birds Are Not Dinosaurs) but it will not harm the TOE in any way.

Now lets look at her kerfuffle with noncoding DNA.

We are still finding out how DNA works. We know that genes can be turned off and on, The finding of "junk DNA" was a bit of a surprise to biologists at first. That seems to indicate that they thought at the time that evolution would not have the massive amount of non-coding DNA that we have. So now that we are finding that there is a use for it that somehow is supposed to be a problem for evolution? I don't think so.

"Junk DNA" was a concept that creation could not handle in any way, so I guess this is a slight reprieve for them. Creationism has been shown to be wrong ten ways from Sunday in every other aspect of science so a slight reprieve, and I mean a very slight one, may seem like a victory to them. Time will tell on the genetics question. And from my reading ERV's are still not considered to be "junk DNA" and creationists still do not have an answer for them.

We are waiting.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#60934 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Man, then you do not know or understand the meaning of fun.
Did he( Einstein) said, " science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind ". Did any one forced him to say that, yes or no?
An advice, look before you leap(poke nose).

Yes, time traveling minions of evil from the 24th were holding a phaser to his head.

Did Einstein also say:

"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. "(Albert Einstein, 1954)

Or

" I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings." (Albert Einstein)

Did anyone force him to say these things?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#60935 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Asperger's.

I don't know.

My son has full blown autism and even he gets things faster than Charles!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60936 Nov 25, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know.
My twin brother, too!

Level 2

Location hidden

#60937 Nov 25, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, time traveling minions of evil from the 24th were holding a phaser to his head.
Did Einstein also say:
"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. "(Albert Einstein, 1954)
Or
" I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings." (Albert Einstein)
Did anyone force him to say these things?
He said all of them...
Just like the one i earlier gave.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#60938 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do you disagree with Einstein's view which says, " Science without Religion is lame" ?
Yes.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#60939 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet he was a scientist of international repute. Hmmm.
Newton believed in alchemy. We know that's just woowoo. Do you believe you can turn lead to gold with pixie dust?

Level 2

Location hidden

#60940 Nov 25, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know.
Sorry for your son. But mind your language.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60941 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
My twin brother, too!
The two Brotherhood, i love that. Two Zen Brotherhood brethrens against one.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60942 Nov 25, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Newton believed in alchemy. We know that's just woowoo. Do you believe you can turn lead to gold with pixie dust?
Whatever. But i know he was a christian, like Copernicus, Galileo, etc.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60943 Nov 25, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Hence the debate. Christians and other religionists who are scientist, will disagree to that.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60944 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry for your son. But mind your language.
Charles, there's a whole world of language going on around you that you are missing and people know it.

I'm a bit nerdy. I think that generally most people are far more willing to lie selfishly than comes natural to me. There's an empathic gap there, I guess because I respect peoples intelligence a bit more than they deserve. If I behaved the way they do, I'd be inclined to slug people constantly, which wouldn't be socially acceptable and a bit dangerous as I'm not that big.

You on the other hand, function like an autistic savant. You seem to be importing left brain functions over to your right brain for some reason. You're just not getting it. Mentally, you count what you should be taking pictures of and/or vice-versa. Whatever you think is funny, nobody else here does.

You're either going to have to explain your feelings better or stop commanding others to fly right. It's not funny for any of us to just keep on abusing you because you aren't learning! OK?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60945 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The two Brotherhood, i love that. Two Zen Brotherhood brethrens against one.
A VERY bad choice of words.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#60946 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever. But i know he was a christian, like Copernicus, Galileo, etc.
I still fail to see your point? Lots of great minds have some pretty crazy beliefs. It doesn't make those great minds less great nor does it give validity to their crazy beliefs.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#60947 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hence the debate. Christians and other religionists who are scientist, will disagree to that.
You really do like speaking for other people, a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 3 min Wolftracks 654
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 5 min LOL 7,911
Life is incomplete without ..... (what?) (Feb '14) 8 min Wolftracks 570
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min Deer Whisperer 37,456
Topix Talk 13 min COOTERDOG 47
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 20 min _Zoey_ 29,717
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 22 min _Zoey_ 2,709
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 28 min Wolftracks 150,947
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 37 min Perhaps 23,906
Bill Cosby 1 hr FTW Forever 141