Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#60887 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Again, did the English stopped the Germans from speaking the language?
Today every one knows that, German and English language are two different language from a common source( Germanic).
English is unique to England. No stealing there.
Naw, the Germans own it.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#60888 Nov 25, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Flood geology? According to geology no global flood ever happened.
What's up Dogen? Is the creation/evolution debate getting to hot for you to handle.

Now you want to head staight for a philosophical topic to chase out tails around all day about. I can pick the crap out of your geology and you can pick the crap out of any flood geoplogy. Well that sounds like fun..Not.

I tell you what why don't you get off that lazy behind of yours and refute my claims around junk dna, vestigial organs, ervs, chromosome 2 fusion, the fossil evidence, the myth of 1%, birds being out in the fossil record or any of my previous claims.

Oh no! Thats all too hard for some of you. You'd rather talk about languages it seems!

Here is another claim presented for you again...Nothing I can present in support of creation could be worse than the 150 years of instability and falsifications you have to offer.

Your theoretical base is no better than mine and TOE should be sent packing to the philosophies camp and be deleted from science streams.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60889 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no documented evidence until a century after his birth, and what you've presented is the collective OPINION of HISTORIANS. There is no documentation at all for any physics defying events.
This has no bearing on the scientific validity of Evolution.
That does not justify your position. Jesus did existed and he is still existed.
If truly he did not exist, the religion would have been dead by now.
If he didnot exist, also the people around him did not also exist, which we all know, is wrong.
It means that, there is no Peter, James, John, Pilate, Mary, Joseph, Herod, etc.

Level 1

Everton, Australia

#60890 Nov 25, 2012
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
I was refuting your comment that there is NO evidence that Jesus ever existed. That is clearly not true.
I said nothing about "physics defying events".
You are the one that mentioned that.
Anyone can question the miracles, be my guest.
There is evidence that Jesus existed, you are wrong about that.
I suppose we use AD and BC because someone saw a ghost.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60891 Nov 25, 2012
Jesus did existed and he is still existing.
If truly he did not exist, it means that, the people around him, also did not exist, which we all know is wrong.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60892 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you calling Albert Einstein a liar?
On that one, yes! But he provided the world with some significant truths.

Personally, I suspect that Albert had to create a bit of a "No Comment" mythology to keep people off his back. He was a Jew who left Germany and the holocaust. He was also one of the most famous Jews of his day and his work led to things that helped win WW2. All sorts of radicals felt that his endorsement would legitimize their politics, and he was a reclusive person by nature.

Now, how can he keep the kooks from co-opting his reputation after his death? Hmmmm???

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#60893 Nov 25, 2012
MazHere wrote:
I suppose we use Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday because Tiw, Wodanaz, Thor, and Frige really existed.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60894 Nov 25, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, the Germans own it.
Poops!
They own it and they can not even speak it as a first language. Irony!
English is the first and native language of England unlike Germany( German).

Level 2

Location hidden

#60895 Nov 25, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60896 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That does not justify your position. Jesus did existed and he is still existed.
If truly he did not exist, the religion would have been dead by now.
If he didnot exist, also the people around him did not also exist, which we all know, is wrong.
It means that, there is no Peter, James, John, Pilate, Mary, Joseph, Herod, etc.
Sorry. We have first-hand accounts for many of those other people, and the rest are just props in the Jesus mythology. Plus nobody ever claimed that they were defying the laws of physics.

It does not concern me to find old objects with the word "Jesus" on them. It's not like it was an uncommon name. We're only talking about the one.

From Wikipedia:

"The first century works of historian Flavius Josephus refer to at least twenty different people with the name Jesus."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus#Etymology_...

So, we're really only talking about the opinions of historians and that can be biased as I presume most are from Christian dominated communities.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60897 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I suspect that Albert had to create a bit of a "No Comment" mythology to keep people off his back. He was a Jew who left Germany and the holocaust. He was also one of the most famous Jews of his day and his work led to things that helped win WW2. All sorts of radicals felt that his endorsement would legitimize their politics, and he was a reclusive person by nature.
Now, how can he keep the kooks from co-opting his reputation after his death? Hmmmm???
Was he under duress when he was saying that?
He knows that science and religion can co-habit and work together for the advancement and development of mankind and the environment( ecosystem).

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#60898 Nov 25, 2012
MazHere wrote:
What has happened with junk dna is that indeed there is now evidence that at least 80% of the genome is functional. Some researchers now conclude that it is very likely that 100% of the genome will be found to have function.
The majority of the "function" of the genome is of a general biochemical nature and has not demonstrable effect on phenotype. It is likely that a maximum of 20% of our genome will be shown to be used in our development. The rest is "junk".
You've constructed a Straw Man ("The best evidence evos had was 'junk' dna") and knocked it down with a misinterpretation.
MazHere wrote:
What has happened with vetigial organs is that more and more researchers are finding that these so called functionless organs do indeed have function but that function may be different. So much so were these finding confirmed that the definition of vestigial organ was changed by evolutionists to reflect 'different function' as opposed to no function at all. eg appendix
Vestigial structures must have some sort of function or they would likely disappear. Vestigial structures have never been claimed to be functionless.
As vestigial structures are generally repurposed, degenerate structures, they must have been adapted from earlier structures. That sounds a lot like Evolution.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60899 Nov 25, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Essentially, yes. The Catholic Church established that system. We could get rid of it but nobody is in that big of a hurry.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#60900 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your facts correct.

You said "He was a Jew who left Germany and the holocaust...".

He was visiting the US and never returned, getting citizenship in 1940, having left in 1933, two years BEFORE the holocaust.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60901 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Was he under duress when he was saying that?
He knows that science and religion can co-habit and work together for the advancement and development of mankind and the environment( ecosystem).
If my reputation was being jeopardized by Charles Idemi who wanted my endorsement, I'd definitely call that a state of duress.

As is, I don't know if he was preaching or answering a question so I won't put words in his mouth.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60902 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. We have first-hand accounts for many of those other people, and the rest are just props in the Jesus mythology. Plus nobody ever claimed that they were defying the laws of physics.
It does not concern me to find old objects with the word "Jesus" on them. It's not like it was an uncommon name. We're only talking about the one.
From Wikipedia:
"The first century works of historian Flavius Josephus refer to at least twenty different people with the name Jesus."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus#Etymology_...
So, we're really only talking about the opinions of historians and that can be biased as I presume most are from Christian dominated communities.
Don't try to personalise any thing under the guise of science.
It took a lot of century before his life and events were recorded, that does not mean he did not exist. If his disciples and other people for him and against him existed, that means Jesus existed. Period.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#60903 Nov 25, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? It is you evos that believe life sprouted out of the ground from elements, not me.
I actually believe in a God that has the power to do many things we don't understand and can't explain.

Can god create a universe that is self sustaining with natural laws?

Our is your god to weak to do that?
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text> Does it surprise you that there are things science cannot explain at present?

As this is what science claims and the reason for its continuation.
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text> Indeed what has progressed in relation to a deities ability to create a living organism out of the elements of the earth is that it has been demonstrated that energy, what God is, can be transformed into matter. Theist evolutionists do not believe in this power. They believe in miracles yet deny the power of God as being limited to their ability to explain it, which of course is ridiculous.

Actually you have it backward. Theistic evolutionists acknowledge that god is powerful enough to create life however he likes and that the evidence indicates he used evolution.

[cliche rant deleted at this point]
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60904 Nov 25, 2012
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your facts correct.
You said "He was a Jew who left Germany and the holocaust...".
He was visiting the US and never returned, getting citizenship in 1940, having left in 1933, two years BEFORE the holocaust.
Ummm... do you think the persecution of the Jews had an official start date and that nothing happened before the announcement? He was avoiding the hostile politics that began long before Hitler finally came into power. In 1933, Hitler was already appointed Chancellor and a Jew would have a hard time escaping Germany if they waited much longer. OK, it's not like someone sent him an invitation to stay and attend the official "Holocaust (TM)", by invitation only!

Level 1

Everton, Australia

#60905 Nov 25, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need to post a great "refute" (please stop using that word as a noun, you idiot). All I need to do to refute that study is to tell you one simple thing - dark energy exists, and has been confirmed. Their study was an attempt to explain away dark energy, and now that we have confirmed it's existence, their study is bunk.
And I'm pretty sure that you literally cannot see replies that contradict you. Usually, I would be a little taken aback if someone was to keep spamming the same stuff and pretend like it hadn't already been replied to, but with you, I am used to it.
Good and glad you agree, there are no replies that contradict me. Then you will agree I have made these points that you and your cohorts are unable to refute.

1. Creationist predictions that if the creation was made by the hand of God there would be no need for junk dna are currently being validiated.
2. Evolutionists that shoved junk dna down creationists throats over the past decade, were actually presenting flawed and incomplete data and now have to suck eggs.
3. Evolutionists asserted that this non functional dna was the left overs from evolution. Now this great evidence has been falsified. TOE has either a failed prediction or never could make a prediction around non coding dna.
4. Creationist predictions around all organs having function and not being left overs from some deep evolutionary event are also being validiated.
5. Evolutionists predicted and thought they'd found left over non functional organs and called them vestigial.
6. Evolutionists have had to redefine the definition of vestigial because what has been found is that vestigial organs do have function. Not only do they have function they also have a different function.
7. Evolutionists have great hand waving abilities and poof mythical theropods into existence to save their bird paradigm from total falsification. This is an example of evo handwaving.
8. Handwaving has been evoked in relation to all fossil and genomic evidence in support of TOE, including mankinds ancestry with chimps.
9. TOE has predictive ability akin to a crystal ball.
10. The support I can provide for creationism could not be worse than the 150 years of instability and falsifications evos have to offer.

That kinda sums up what I have demonstrated that you no longer want to talk about because none of these above have been successfully refuted.

So what do you want to talk about now? Evo egomania.

Heaven only knows I have had to repeat myself many times. If you think you're so great and actually had something to say I am sure you would speak to it again. You've got nothing of substance to add at all. You just want to save face on this forum by using obvious avoidance.

Hence not only are you a looser, you are also a huge pretender.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60906 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If my reputation was being jeopardized by Charles Idemi who wanted my endorsement, I'd definitely call that a state of duress.
As is, I don't know if he was preaching or answering a question so I won't put words in his mouth.
I am going to give you what Albert Einstein said before his death, he said, " Religion without science is blind and science without religion is lame ".
Did he say that willingly or under duress ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Cosby 8 min I am not a Bimbo 224
Fergson Police Dept. 22 min Go Blue Forever 440
Iowa woman locked up after locked out of home 25 min Elise Gingerich 6
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 31 min Jeffrey 138,157
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 33 min TALLYHO 8541 296
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 33 min Sublime1 7,157
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 56 min Parden Pard 4,215
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr pusherman_ 151,112
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 4 hr Asherah_con 13
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 8 hr wichita-rick 24,006