Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173962 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60907 Nov 25, 2012
Don't turn this debate into Holocaust denial!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein#Emigrat...
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60908 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am going to give you what Albert Einstein said before his death, he said, " Religion without science is blind and science without religion is lame ".
Did he say that willingly or under duress ?
I.... DON'T..... KNOW!

He may have said it to keep family happy. He may have been promoting his legacy. He may have had a speech pre-written for him by the Illuminati.

All I can tell you is that I don't care. I don't even know what he means by it. It's not a scientific opinion.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#60909 Nov 25, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Can god create a universe that is self sustaining with natural laws?
Our is your god to weak to do that?
<quoted text>
As this is what science claims and the reason for its continuation.
<quoted text>
Actually you have it backward. Theistic evolutionists acknowledge that god is powerful enough to create life however he likes and that the evidence indicates he used evolution.
[cliche rant deleted at this point]
Like I said TOE needs to be sent to the philosophy camp.

That appears to be the only base you wish to have an evolution/creation discussion on.

Your post suggests that you have no intension of adhering to a scientific debate.

If you can't refute my points, they are established. That does mean TOE is false. What it does mean is that TOE is not the closed case evolutionists like to present it as being.

I don't want to waste my day discussing philosophy. I already belong to another philosophy forum so I won't be discussing philosophy here.

Science based discussion is all I am here to partake in. So if no evo can falsify my points I'll leave you all to discuss Jesus, languages, spiritual texts and their veracity, and the philosophies of life.

Cheers....
Anonymous

UK

#60910 Nov 25, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, the Germans own it.
Eh, of course English and German are practically the same, aren't they, oh no, thats right, there about as different from eachother as you could possibly get, German is a great language, but its not exacyly shakespear is it, not to nice on the ear either, only joking, but seriously, English is English and as far away from German as it is from french
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60912 Nov 25, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
That appears to be the only base you wish to have an evolution/creation discussion on.
Your post suggests that you have no intension of adhering to a scientific debate.
If you can't refute my points, they are established. That does mean TOE is false. What it does mean is that TOE is not the closed case evolutionists like to present it as being.
I don't want to waste my day discussing philosophy. I already belong to another philosophy forum so I won't be discussing philosophy here.
Science based discussion is all I am here to partake in. So if no evo can falsify my points I'll leave you all to discuss Jesus, languages, spiritual texts and their veracity, and the philosophies of life.
Cheers....
Buenos dias, Senorita! May your dreams take you to places you've never been.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#60913 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm... do you think the persecution of the Jews had an official start date and that nothing happened before the announcement? He was avoiding the hostile politics that began long before Hitler finally came into power. In 1933, Hitler was already appointed Chancellor and a Jew would have a hard time escaping Germany if they waited much longer. OK, it's not like someone sent him an invitation to stay and attend the official "Holocaust (TM)", by invitation only!
No, but your comment indicated that you thought einstein immigrated in response to the holocaust, which clearly did not start until after the invasion of poland in 1935.

Certainly persecution happened before then! Hitler didn't just pop up out of nowhere!

What "announcement" are you talking about?

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#60914 Nov 25, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Good and glad you agree, there are no replies that contradict me. Then you will agree I have made these points that you and your cohorts are unable to refute.
1. Creationist predictions that if the creation was made by the hand of God there would be no need for junk dna are currently being validiated.
2. Evolutionists that shoved junk dna down creationists throats over the past decade, were actually presenting flawed and incomplete data and now have to suck eggs.
3. Evolutionists asserted that this non functional dna was the left overs from evolution. Now this great evidence has been falsified. TOE has either a failed prediction or never could make a prediction around non coding dna.
4. Creationist predictions around all organs having function and not being left overs from some deep evolutionary event are also being validiated.
5. Evolutionists predicted and thought they'd found left over non functional organs and called them vestigial.
6. Evolutionists have had to redefine the definition of vestigial because what has been found is that vestigial organs do have function. Not only do they have function they also have a different function.
7. Evolutionists have great hand waving abilities and poof mythical theropods into existence to save their bird paradigm from total falsification. This is an example of evo handwaving.
8. Handwaving has been evoked in relation to all fossil and genomic evidence in support of TOE, including mankinds ancestry with chimps.
9. TOE has predictive ability akin to a crystal ball.
10. The support I can provide for creationism could not be worse than the 150 years of instability and falsifications evos have to offer.
That kinda sums up what I have demonstrated that you no longer want to talk about because none of these above have been successfully refuted.
So what do you want to talk about now? Evo egomania.
Heaven only knows I have had to repeat myself many times. If you think you're so great and actually had something to say I am sure you would speak to it again. You've got nothing of substance to add at all. You just want to save face on this forum by using obvious avoidance.
Hence not only are you a looser, you are also a huge pretender.
K. Let's see if anyone takes you seriously. You're basically a spam bot, you spam nonsense and ignore all replies.

Remember when you posted evidence for me? That was funny.

Level 3

Location hidden

#60915 Nov 25, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers....
HAHA. Then put forth your scientific theory on creationism. I'll wait.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60916 Nov 25, 2012
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but your comment indicated that you thought einstein immigrated in response to the holocaust, which clearly did not start until after the invasion of poland in 1935.
Certainly persecution happened before then! Hitler didn't just pop up out of nowhere!
Why are we arguing? There was no announcement. That's my point.

Did you look at my link to Wikipedia? On that same year, Einstein had his property confiscated, his books burned and was banned from teaching in German universities. He didn't need to have someone say "Now this is officially a holocaust!" He avoided it before he would be caught in it.

Level 3

Location hidden

#60917 Nov 25, 2012
Maz, the reason no one is talking about "junk" dna is because no one cares. It's not an issue. You're making it into one, for some reason. Probably because, as has been demonstrated, you don't really understand any of this stuff so you cling to the one thing that you like to spam the most. You're making a strawman out of nothing, and claiming "victory" because no one cares about your strawman.

Hey, again, remember when you misunderstood the chromosome 2 issue so badly that you posted evidence for me? That was funny.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#60918 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Poops!
They own it and they can not even speak it as a first language. Irony!
English is the first and native language of England unlike Germany( German).
I cannot believe that you are stupid enough to argue! LOL!

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#60919 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are we arguing? There was no announcement. That's my point.
Did you look at my link to Wikipedia? On that same year, Einstein had his property confiscated, his books burned and was banned from teaching in German universities. He didn't need to have someone say "Now this is officially a holocaust!" He avoided it before he would be caught in it.
Agreed.

Splitting hairs about it and I apologize.

anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60920 Nov 25, 2012
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly think that the Holocaust is defined by official events only. Personally, I don't and since I was talking about events that predated your official definition, I only address them in the same predictive fashion that Einstein would have.

Let's not waste time on this. It's not what the debate is about.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60921 Nov 25, 2012
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Splitting hairs about it and I apologize.
S'alright!

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#60922 Nov 25, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
ENCODE has published research suggesting 80% of the genome is functional and some suggest that it is very likely that 100% of the genome will be found to have function.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketsc...

Already refuted. This is dead.
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text> Actually creationism can make predictions and is testable because Genesis gives me a story to falsify or support whilst TOE is virtually unfalsifiable. eg junk dna, vestigial organs, the revolving door of human ancesotrs, the death of single celled LUCA.

The truth is that evolution is very easy to falsify but no one had done it in 150 years. Must suck to be a creationist.

Lets look a Genesis for falsifiable concepts.

1. Earth created in 6 days including all life forms.
SCIENCE SAYS.... FALSE. The universe is nearly 14 billion years old [per physics, astronomy, cosmology].

2. All life forms created in a few days.
SCIENCE SAYS..... FALSE! Different forms of life have come and gone over 3.8 billion years.[per Geology, anthropology, paleontology, genetics, biology, evolution,...]

3. Humans were created on one day in fully modern form (presumably).
SCIENCE SAYS..... FALSE!!! There have been a range of hominids ranging from modern humans back through a Lucy like ancestor and beyond.[paleontology, paleobiology, anthropology, genetics,.....]

I can go on, but I don't need to, do I? Creationism is falsified.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60923 Nov 25, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I.... DON'T..... KNOW!
He may have said it to keep family happy. He may have been promoting his legacy. He may have had a speech pre-written for him by the Illuminati.
All I can tell you is that I don't care. I don't even know what he means by it. It's not a scientific opinion.
And yet he was a scientist of international repute. Hmmm.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60924 Nov 25, 2012
straa wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, of course English and German are practically the same, aren't they, oh no, thats right, there about as different from eachother as you could possibly get, German is a great language, but its not exacyly shakespear is it, not to nice on the ear either, only joking, but seriously, English is English and as far away from German as it is from french
It is only the deaf that can disagree to that.
English is English and German is German. Case closed.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#60925 Nov 25, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you use a lot of psychological projection?
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text> If you can't refute my points, they are established.

As I have already refuted them this is a moot point.
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text> That does mean TOE is false. What it does mean is that TOE is not the closed case evolutionists like to present it as being.

I think you mean that ToE is the most materially supported scientific theory in the history of science, and that the ToE has multiple lines of evidence from multiple fields of science.

I sure it was just a typo on your part.
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text> I don't want to waste my day discussing philosophy. I already belong to another philosophy forum so I won't be discussing philosophy here.

So you are afraid of answering the question. Thats cool, but at least be honest about it.
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text> Science based discussion is all I am here to partake in.

Funny as you have avoided it like the plague, preferring instead to misquote actual science and real researchers. Maybe you mean 'science biased discussion'. LOL.

Isn't it true that you have no evidence for any science other than evolution as an explanation of origins?

Isn't it true that non-coding DNA is a non-sequitur and in no way supports Creationism as any sort of scientific theory? Isn't it true that there is NO other scientific theory of origins other than evolution?
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text> So if no evo can falsify my points I'll leave you all to discuss Jesus, languages, spiritual texts and their veracity, and the philosophies of life.
Cheers....

Isn't it true that in science it is the person questioning the established theory who has the burden of proof?

Isn't it true that we don't have to falsify your points (even though I have done you the kindness of doing so) because your side has the burden of proof?

Isn't it true that you believe a religious notion and it is ONLY BECAUSE YOU HOLD THOSE BELIEFS that you feel the need to question evolution?

Have a happy, luv.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#60926 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet he was a scientist of international repute. Hmmm.

Man, you never get it when you are being made fun of.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60927 Nov 25, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet he was a scientist of international repute. Hmmm.
Yeah, the poor guy undoubtedly had all sorts of loonies trying to co-opt his name for crazy things. He could have been killed by any number of fanatics that he refused to endorse.

Do you suppose that he may have learned to make his real message clear to people who were capable of empathizing with him, yet left others with some ambiguous talisman to hang onto, rather than casually crush their messianic delusions?

Hmmmph!! The Internet has its value.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 1 min Judy 123 19,530
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 5 min Doug77 32,774
name my cat 6 min Sublime1 35
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 min Mega Monster 43,949
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 6 min Judy 123 42,124
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 10 min Kid_Tomorrow 2,474
The Yes/No Game (May '11) 14 min Brother Larry 7,997
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 17 min Mechanic 2,563
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min Sublime1 169,609
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr xoxo 29,756