Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
56,681 - 56,700 of 113,177 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
What created your apparent creator, the matter that occured during the big bang?
Intelligent.
A good one.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar!
Too bad.
You are the liar.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Go to the east or where ever you are to preach your fallacy.
I am a Christian. Any information about the truth, philosophy and wise sayings, etc, are found in the bible.
So you admit you are not scientific and know nothing of science.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should keep a scoreboard for who gets the most nutty comments out of you.
And you know nothing about what will happen in the next one month?
Work on your stupid post.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit you are not scientific and know nothing of science.
Your post are 100% meaningless. There are countless numbers of Christians, who are scientist.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
In your above post it mentions a "standard pattern", do you agree there is a standard pattern?
Insofar as there can be said to be a "standard" anything. It "goes" a certain way on every centromere, and then it doesn't.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your post are 100% meaningless. There are countless numbers of Christians, who are scientist.
More of your "interpretation?" Where did I ever say otherwise? I'll be nice, find anywhere on Topix I said otherwise, you are not limited by just that one single post. But remember to keep it in context.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
We have spoken about ervs and that poster took off down another garden path, then another bright spark came up with human ch2. Who knows where he is hiding.
Normally, I would be a bit taken aback at something like this, but with you, I'm not surprised. Did you just copy paste all that stuff and then skip over my responses to it? Did you miss the part where you posted one thing from a creationist site (garbage), one thing irrelevant to the point at hand, and one thing that supported *my* argument?

That really shows how little you understand what you're talking about. That's why I recommended you did a little reading first, I had to do a little reading about it in the past too, there's no shame in it. But you make yourself look stupid by jumping in feet first, spamming every piece of text you can find - that's how you ended up accidentally posting support for me. You just don't understand the issue.
Orangelion

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your "interpretation?" Where did I ever say otherwise? I'll be nice, find anywhere on Topix I said otherwise, you are not limited by just that one single post. But remember to keep it in context.
LOL, and this coming from a transgender wannabe.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Go to the east or where ever you are to preach your fallacy.
I am a Christian. Any information about the truth, philosophy and wise sayings, etc, are found in the bible.
I don't preach. I made a comment that wasn't about the bible, you narrow-minded and intolerant liar!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, and this coming from a transgender wannabe.
Interesting choice of words, considering that I cannot argue with them. The transgendered people can rightfully claim to be the most courageous and bravest people of our time, that does make me wish I was one.

However, that is aside from the point, do you care to try to find something to support the other's assertion or will you concede that they were wrong?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And you know nothing about what will happen in the next one month?
Work on your stupid post.
I know as much as can be attained by assessing probability.

You're the master of the double-nut-fudge sundae!... or Sunday ..or maybe just the owner of some Crackerjack toy prize.

Moses! You don't provide the water. God does. He's banned you from the promised land now. How does it feel to be a monkey wandering the desert who will die some day?

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Lucy is still our ancestor. Both of your articles support that. The jaw that is somewhat gorilla-like is a minor part of its body. The fact that Lucy and others walked upright is still much more significant than that observation.
Once again Mav, don't you even read the articles that you link? The second one explains why Lucy is still considered to be our ancestor. Do you need me to do a copy and paste of your own link? How embarrassing.
You idiot the article I posted suggests that afarensis is a chimp ancestor.

So your strategy is to totally ignore any homology that places afarensis in the chimpanzee line.

What demonstrates with certainty that you have no idea what you are talking about, bipedalism is no longer solely a human trait, obligate bipedalism is.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/319/5870/16...
"Our findings blur the picture even further," said Robin Crompton of the University of Liverpool in Liverpool, Great Britain, who is one of the study's authors. "If we're right, it means you can't rely on bipedalism to tell whether you're looking at a human or other ape ancestor. It's been getting more and more difficult for us to say what's a human and what's an ape, and our work makes that much more the case."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/...

Some have suggested that the 3.03.7 Myr-old hominin Australopithecus afarensis did not have a longitudinal arch. This assertion is based on the inclination of the facets of the pedal joints [6], and the presence of a robust navicular tuberosity that may reflect weight bearing on the medial side of the foot [7]. However, there is evidence for the calcaneonavicular (spring) ligament in Au. afarensis [8], a structure that supports the talar head in an arched foot. The lateral tarsometatarsal joint appears to be rigid [9], suggesting the presence of the long plantar ligament, another important soft-tissue component of the longitudinal arch. Furthermore, 3.6 Myr-old footprints from Laetoli, Tanzania may provide evidence of an arch in Au. afarensis [10][12]. Others concur that the makers of the Laetoli prints had an arched foot, but hypothesize that they were made by a hominin other than Au. afarensis [13]. Still others do not see the makers of the Laetoli trackway as possessing particularly well developed arches [14].

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi%2F10....

The above demonstrates that these researchers truely have no idea what they are on about past needing more grant money.

So would you like to try again. Your reasonings in relation to bipedalism is outdated and an obvious sign that you are not up to date with the theory you are trying incompetently to support.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your post are 100% meaningless. There are countless numbers of Christians, who are scientist.
Definitely NOT you though!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Noted.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't preach. I made a comment that wasn't about the bible, you narrow-minded and intolerant liar!
The gap. Noted.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Normally, I would be a bit taken aback at something like this, but with you, I'm not surprised. Did you just copy paste all that stuff and then skip over my responses to it? Did you miss the part where you posted one thing from a creationist site (garbage), one thing irrelevant to the point at hand, and one thing that supported *my* argument?
That really shows how little you understand what you're talking about. That's why I recommended you did a little reading first, I had to do a little reading about it in the past too, there's no shame in it. But you make yourself look stupid by jumping in feet first, spamming every piece of text you can find - that's how you ended up accidentally posting support for me. You just don't understand the issue.
The point being of course that I can supply links that you can ridicule without any more than your woffly opinion.

I understand perfectly well what I am talking about.

After our discussions in relation to junk dna I would say that absolutely none of you evos here know what you are talking about. That point has been well established.

You lot of idiots also whine when support is not supplied and then whine when research is supplied under the guise of quote mining.

The whole lot of you are nothing more than confused morons that have absolutely no idea what a considered debate should look like.

If you challenge what I say, then articulate an appropriate response with research that states otherwise, as opposed to the above vague woffle that means nothing other than in your opinion you disagree.

This is not hard in the evolutionary world because one can find conflicting and contradictory findings on the same thing, such is the beauty of evolutionary science. eg junk dna or no junk dna, Lucy is an obligate biped or no she isn't, bipedalism is solely a human trait or it isn't, Neanderthsal interbred with homo sapiens and no they didn't, erectus could talk or no they couldn't. You lot certianly know how to keep your eggs in more than one basket!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

1 - anonymous
1 - ToManyLaws
2 - KittenKoder (Charles assumes he is a spokesperson for Christian scientists AND provokes a personal attack from Orangelion.

No, I don't endorse experimenting with one's biology but I've got to give her(?) credit for a kind of verbal pathos akin to the conservation of kinetic energy used in the martial arts.

Kind of reminds of the fight scenes in the new Sherlock Holmes movies. Remember kids, don't embrace drug users as role models!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The gap. Noted.
Is that anything like your vacuum?
Orangelion

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting choice of words, considering that I cannot argue with them. The transgendered people can rightfully claim to be the most courageous and bravest people of our time, that does make me wish I was one.
However, that is aside from the point, do you care to try to find something to support the other's assertion or will you concede that they were wrong?
Transgender people aren't couragious, but only deluded and mentally challenged.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

99 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min wichita-rick 141,627
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 18 min wichita-rick 6,985
Message to Obama 1 hr Bill 747
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 1 hr Cyan in CA 25,293
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 1 hr Cyan in CA 23,801
what do you think about in the bathroom? (Jul '11) 1 hr SLY WEST 169
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 1 hr Bill 13,068
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 15,669
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr Adrian DeVine 28,370
Tell Us Who or What You Really Are,...? (Apr '13) 4 hr Ricky 1,581
•••
•••