Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#60613 Nov 24, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't the current preferred theory the one where a planetoid collided with the Earth and the debris that was scattered coalesced to form the Moon? It's kind of hard to decide which was made first based on that. The primordial Earth and Moon were blended together.
Yep, I was doing what Russell calls "throwing the competition a bone". Even if you consider them to be right about the order of the formation time of the Moon they make the many times worse mistake of saying that the Sun was made after the Earth. In fact the whack jobs have the Sun being made after plant life arose on Earth. WTF??

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#60614 Nov 24, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know what will happen to you in the next two months, or even in a week time?
If you know, then God does not exist.
No one knows...AND THERE IS NO GOD....Unless you have some proof no one else has shown in last 2000 years..Funny how only during the time the buybull was written do god do his magic and show himeslf. AND NEVER SINCE.
Orangelion

Rhyl, UK

#60615 Nov 24, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows...AND THERE IS NO GOD....Unless you have some proof no one else has shown in last 2000 years..Funny how only during the time the buybull was written do god do his magic and show himeslf. AND NEVER SINCE.
What created your apparent creator, the matter that occured during the big bang?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60616 Nov 24, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, you mean the Zen order does not believe in God too?
The Eastern philosophies are all interlinked and for the most part ARE philosophies, not collections of myths about deities. There are some references to gods and spirits but they aren't required.

Yin and Yang don't have anything to do with deity. Technically, it's more of a Taoist concept but Zen Buddhism has its roots in Taoism.

As an example, consider this dialog between yourself, me and Dogan.

Today, Dogan is playing on the yin, taking a bit of a wait and see approach to your demagoguery. I'm taking a more yang approach, confronting you and taking from you that which matters to you, your pride.

A week or so ago, it was the opposite. At some level, I suppose we both would like to think that you're working out your shortcomings but we've both been around long enough to know that pride is about the only thing holding you together.

What will you do when you decide that your faith has brought you nothing? I'm betting that you'll go the crazy way and charge headlong into the fire.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60617 Nov 24, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Point of correction:
Dismiss your self...
Liar!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60618 Nov 24, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I was doing what Russell calls "throwing the competition a bone". Even if you consider them to be right about the order of the formation time of the Moon they make the many times worse mistake of saying that the Sun was made after the Earth. In fact the whack jobs have the Sun being made after plant life arose on Earth. WTF??
Rainman theology at work again. Still trying to decrypt the secret message in the bible. Ignoring the obvious.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60619 Nov 24, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know what will happen to you in the next two months, or even in a week time?
If you know, then God does not exist.
Maybe we should keep a scoreboard for who gets the most nutty comments out of you.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60620 Nov 24, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows...AND THERE IS NO GOD....Unless you have some proof no one else has shown in last 2000 years..Funny how only during the time the buybull was written do god do his magic and show himeslf. AND NEVER SINCE.
Since no one knows when, " known ", is an assured factor. That alone proves the existence of God, because every one must die when we don't want to.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#60621 Nov 24, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
What created your apparent creator, the matter that occured during the big bang?
The voice of God created material things in the beginning and it moved through water. Learn how sound travels through water.
Orangelion

Rhyl, UK

#60622 Nov 24, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The voice of God created material things in the beginning and it moved through water. Learn how sound travels through water.
I never said I disagree, I actually agreed. I was saying God created the universe but yet he says it doesn't exist, the same could also apply to the matter that caused the big bang. I take it he should stop believing in the big bang as well.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#60623 Nov 24, 2012
1 - anonymous (Free Servant is playing in the water)
1 - ToManyLaws (Charles Idemi - proof of god because of one non-sequitur and a couple of fancy words dangling in space.)

I've got to admit, ToManyLaws conjures up the good ones.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60624 Nov 24, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The Eastern philosophies are all interlinked and for the most part ARE philosophies, not collections of myths about deities. There are some references to gods and spirits but they aren't required.
Yin and Yang don't have anything to do with deity. Technically, it's more of a Taoist concept but Zen Buddhism has its roots in Taoism.
As an example, consider this dialog between yourself, me and Dogan.
Today, Dogan is playing on the yin, taking a bit of a wait and see approach to your demagoguery. I'm taking a more yang approach, confronting you and taking from you that which matters to you, your pride.
A week or so ago, it was the opposite. At some level, I suppose we both would like to think that you're working out your shortcomings but we've both been around long enough to know that pride is about the only thing holding you together.
What will you do when you decide that your faith has brought you nothing? I'm betting that you'll go the crazy way and charge headlong into the fire.
Go to the east or where ever you are to preach your fallacy.
I am a Christian. Any information about the truth, philosophy and wise sayings, etc, are found in the bible.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60625 Nov 24, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
What created your apparent creator, the matter that occured during the big bang?
Intelligent.
A good one.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60626 Nov 24, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar!
Too bad.
You are the liar.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#60627 Nov 24, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Go to the east or where ever you are to preach your fallacy.
I am a Christian. Any information about the truth, philosophy and wise sayings, etc, are found in the bible.
So you admit you are not scientific and know nothing of science.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60628 Nov 24, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should keep a scoreboard for who gets the most nutty comments out of you.
And you know nothing about what will happen in the next one month?
Work on your stupid post.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60629 Nov 24, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit you are not scientific and know nothing of science.
Your post are 100% meaningless. There are countless numbers of Christians, who are scientist.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#60631 Nov 24, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
In your above post it mentions a "standard pattern", do you agree there is a standard pattern?
Insofar as there can be said to be a "standard" anything. It "goes" a certain way on every centromere, and then it doesn't.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#60632 Nov 24, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your post are 100% meaningless. There are countless numbers of Christians, who are scientist.
More of your "interpretation?" Where did I ever say otherwise? I'll be nice, find anywhere on Topix I said otherwise, you are not limited by just that one single post. But remember to keep it in context.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#60633 Nov 24, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
We have spoken about ervs and that poster took off down another garden path, then another bright spark came up with human ch2. Who knows where he is hiding.
Normally, I would be a bit taken aback at something like this, but with you, I'm not surprised. Did you just copy paste all that stuff and then skip over my responses to it? Did you miss the part where you posted one thing from a creationist site (garbage), one thing irrelevant to the point at hand, and one thing that supported *my* argument?

That really shows how little you understand what you're talking about. That's why I recommended you did a little reading first, I had to do a little reading about it in the past too, there's no shame in it. But you make yourself look stupid by jumping in feet first, spamming every piece of text you can find - that's how you ended up accidentally posting support for me. You just don't understand the issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 14 min CJ Rocker 4,607
Word Association (Jun '10) 14 min harlehoney 26,951
2words into 2new words (May '12) 16 min CJ Rocker 1,460
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 25 min Red_Forman 78,531
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 25 min Red_Forman 2,877
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 26 min say it aint so 7,575
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 31 min Red_Forman 56,351
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Classic 159,846
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr SLACK 39,975
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 hr harlehoney 17,989
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 3 hr John Boner 169
More from around the web