Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#60457 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
They are too scared to present any of this massive amount of gobble because some are still recovering from having their junk dna carpet pulled from underneath their feet.
It is the sound of gobsmacked silence. Creos will be lucky to engage any of the evo community in a scientific debate. For a start I am not sure any of them knows what a science really should look like. eg the predictability of a crystal ball is not a good start.
You must just love being wrong.

Of course no one will post instantaneously in response to your nonsense. You were told time and time again why what you posted was nonsense and you persisted.

What I have trouble with is the hubris of these creatards. They think that they can debunk the work of over 150 years by reading an article that they don't understand.

Mav of course is wrong with her claims about the nature of non-coding DNA and evolution. Let's see how wrong she is about evidence.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60458 Nov 23, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. Years ago I owned a house on an alley by a church. They would park in alley and acually park onto my grass,my yard ,my property. I put up a fence so they couldnt. One day one of these good church people hit my fence and had the nerve to try and sue me. LOL typical vile religous freaks. Then this church a few years later wanted to expand. they wanted to buy my land. I said no. Within 6 months I had a court order forceing me to sell my land do to some BS building code crap. RELIGION FORCED GOVERNMENT TO FORCE ME OUT OF MY HOME.
This is just a lesson for you. God almighty is the owner of all things, including your property and land.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#60459 Nov 23, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Irony...
Many are leaving because of the truth while many are coming in because they love the truth. The church of God can never die.
Nor will gambling. Shrug.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#60460 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
This is entirely your opinion and your take when you are still recovering from over 150 years of falsified knucklewalking ancestry and decades of sprooking to junk dna.
What sort of a bizarre comment is this 'evolution is not the opposite of creationism anyway'? That is only relevant if one is confused fence sitter like an IDer.
I have just woken you lot up to the folley of a decade of junk dna being shoved down creos throats and you have the hide to say creos set it up according to their beliefs. Shame on you, ignoramous!
Dude. Are you trolling? I don't understand. Is the only thing you know, at all, about evolution is that it wrongly predicted non coding dna? Again, one more time, IT DOES NOT MATTER. It literally does not affect the overall theory. At all. How about you trust everyone who is telling you that it doesn't affect the theory, and take on something of actual substance? Offer your assessment of anything other than junk dna.

And no, evolution and creationism are not diametrically opposed. Why would they be? Even the catholic church has claimed that evolution is a tool of your god - because the evidence for it was just too great to deny anymore. Claiming that the TOE is opposed to creationism is like claiming that the theory of gravity is opposed to creationism - and all it shows is just how deeply skewed your thinking is by religion. You can't consider anything that conflicts with your belief that god poofed us into existence.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#60461 Nov 23, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever. But you can not rob Peter to Paul.
With baseless assertions.
Hmmm...how do you figure that?

Level 2

Location hidden

#60462 Nov 23, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah shaddap Chuck, ya lying sack of dumb.
Sir Isaac Newton was a Christian, that is all i want to know, you lying sack of dumb.

Level 3

Location hidden

#60463 Nov 23, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>

Mav is actually on to something when she claims that if she can show that every last bit of DNA has a function that it supports her creationist claims. Of course it would have to be every last bit including ERV's otherwise odds are that evolutionists could have an equal claim to having an interpretation of the DNA data that backs up their belief.
Not necessarily, in my opinion. I think that before we would infer the existence of a god, it would be more reasonable to assume that there is some mechanism for discarding useless portions of the genome that we don't fully understand. Seems more likely than a god. I don't know.

Level 3

Location hidden

#60464 Nov 23, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> My assessment of you guys is that, you guys hate the word, opposition.
And that is simply and totally wrong of you guys. We are in democracy.
No, I just think you're dumb. I enjoy intelligent conversation. That's not something you can offer.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#60465 Nov 23, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
The one thing I find most amusing is that creationist spend time and energy fighting in these forums. After taking Pascal's wager, it seems they have no further task than to wait for the end to come. Yet they propose the dead horse paradigm endlessly as a feverish attempt to win intellectual supremacy. Not one of them can follow pure science without dropping the magic plug and play deity.
Well I don't know about you ladies, but if you are going to apply Pascal's Wager it is also necessary to decide which god to believe in. We cannot stick our heads in the sand and ignore all of the other deities that have been worshiped in the history of man.

That being said as a guy I find it pretty hard to beat Beer Volcanoes and Stripper Factories. It is the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster for me!

rAmen!!

Location hidden

#60466 Nov 23, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>This is just a lesson for you. God almighty is the owner of all things, including your property and land.
"God is"

"God does"

"God will"

You seem to know a lot about something you can't produce for the teaming masses to observe.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60467 Nov 23, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Space detritus.
That is how it will go on and on. Language, grammar can never fill that gap. God created the universe. Period.

Location hidden

#60468 Nov 23, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude. Are you trolling? I don't understand. Is the only thing you know, at all, about evolution is that it wrongly predicted non coding dna? Again, one more time, IT DOES NOT MATTER. It literally does not affect the overall theory. At all. How about you trust everyone who is telling you that it doesn't affect the theory, and take on something of actual substance? Offer your assessment of anything other than junk dna.

And no, evolution and creationism are not diametrically opposed. Why would they be? Even the catholic church has claimed that evolution is a tool of your god - because the evidence for it was just too great to deny anymore. Claiming that the TOE is opposed to creationism is like claiming that the theory of gravity is opposed to creationism - and all it shows is just how deeply skewed your thinking is by religion. You can't consider anything that conflicts with your belief that god poofed us into existence.
Like a dog with a bone, don't expect Mav to drop this. Mav lives vicariously through ambitious conclusions.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#60469 Nov 23, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... That's some outburst. So you consider yourself beyond death?
What is ironic to me is that TOE does not in any way deny the presence of a supernatural entity.....science does not say yes or no, it only requires proof so it can't say goddidit until there is empirical evidence. Still, that makes them mad enough to spit.

Go figure.

Location hidden

#60470 Nov 23, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Sir Isaac Newton was a Christian, that is all i want to know, you lying sack of dumb.
Rule number one to being a Christian, accept Christ as savior and follow his word. Give me proof that Isaac Newton did this. Go!

Location hidden

#60471 Nov 23, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Well I don't know about you ladies, but if you are going to apply Pascal's Wager it is also necessary to decide which god to believe in. We cannot stick our heads in the sand and ignore all of the other deities that have been worshiped in the history of man.

That being said as a guy I find it pretty hard to beat Beer Volcanoes and Stripper Factories. It is the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster for me!

rAmen!!
Lol.

Location hidden

#60472 Nov 23, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Well I don't know about you ladies, but if you are going to apply Pascal's Wager it is also necessary to decide which god to believe in. We cannot stick our heads in the sand and ignore all of the other deities that have been worshiped in the history of man.

rAmen!!
Over 4000 thousand to choose from.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60473 Nov 23, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Would you agree that the forces that created agate stones also created the earth?
That gaps can never be filled by language, grammar or words. God created the universe. God bless...

Location hidden

#60474 Nov 23, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>That is how it will go on and on. Language, grammar can never fill that gap. God created the universe. Period.
Ok. Now prove it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#60475 Nov 23, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Not necessarily, in my opinion. I think that before we would infer the existence of a god, it would be more reasonable to assume that there is some mechanism for discarding useless portions of the genome that we don't fully understand. Seems more likely than a god. I don't know.
I am not saying I would believe her. I am merely saying that if she could come up with a hypothesis that described why all of the DNA is ones body had to have a purpose then she could use it as evidence to support here hypothesis. Scientific evidence is evidence that supports a theory or hypothesis. It would be a first for the creationists if they could write up a paper that proposed this and, and this is a big IF, if all of the DNA in the genome actually had a function. That includes ERV's.

I don't think that is going to be the case.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

#60476 Nov 23, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I can produce the massive evidence. The problem is that you don't even know what constitutes scientific evidence.

An educated creationist will at least admit that there is massive evidence that supports evolution. They stubbornly disagree with the interpretation of that evidence and can offer none that support their side. So what do you call someone who has no evidence to support their beliefs, and knows that the other side has all of the evidence?

You call that person a creationist.

What do you call someone who denies that evolution has massive evidence. What else can you call someone who is even dumber than a creationist, you call that person a creatard.
Thanks for the validation above.

Again you state a massive amount of evidence exist, yet you provided none. You then launch into a rant against creationist. LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you get all you wanted for Christmas? 3 min Crystal_Clear722 5
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 3 min Bree_Z 3,013
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 4 min andet1987 5,205
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 6 min Bree_Z 24,845
Could civilization exist without Christmas? 8 min andet1987 3
Kayaker rescued on pond with Charlie Brown cutout 10 min Parden Pard 4
When I Dream I Dream of _____ 11 min Crystal_Clear722 78
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 31 min andet1987 30,068
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 59 min Crystal_Clear722 4,042
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr ms_Sweeter 152,775