Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
56,461 - 56,480 of 115,251 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#60437 Nov 23, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>Creation is the best theory...only true story as why we are here. Evolutionists avoid creation to escape their submission to a Higher Source. Evolutionists try to be brave and "go it alone" when they are bound by the law of gravity and all physics. Cowards, self-denial FREAKSHOWS....are what evolutionists are! You will die, DIE....in time. God is eternal, never dies and the advancing universe proves His power. When you evolutions die....you will be gone......
Wow... That's some outburst. So you consider yourself beyond death?
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

#60438 Nov 23, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, you could not be more wrong.

People believe the theory of evolution because of the massive amount of evidence supporting it. Creationists will not even attempt to make a "theory of creation" so by definition alone, and fact as well, there is not one bit of evidence that supports the creation myth.

You got one thing right, when we evolutionists die we will be gone. But so will you creationists. And history will remember that we were right and that you were pathetically wrong.
Many keep saying there is massive evidence, but they can never produce any but refer you to others for a defense.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#60439 Nov 23, 2012
Maz, I'm gonna put this in a separate post so that maybe you read it this time. You must make creationism stand on it's own as a theory. You can't find "proof" for it by poking holes on scientific theory. You have to find your own proof. Even if the TOE was found to be entirely wrong, which will not happen, that would not prove creationism. Do you understand that? The failure of a scientific theory is not the success of a religious theory.

Evolution is not the opposite of creationism anyway - creationists just set it up that way because it threatens their beliefs. If most of the rational world had their way, these debates would never happen because of how totally unrelated the two subjects are.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#60440 Nov 23, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you could not be more wrong.
People believe the theory of evolution because of the massive amount of evidence supporting it. Creationists will not even attempt to make a "theory of creation" so by definition alone, and fact as well, there is not one bit of evidence that supports the creation myth.
You got one thing right, when we evolutionists die we will be gone. But so will you creationists. And history will remember that we were right and that you were pathetically wrong.
Well if there is so much of evidence to suport TOE how come you lot can never come up with any of it? My point here is also made.

I can demonstrate the folley behind any you present. IOW you have mountains of hand waving to present just like your evidence in junk dna was.

So you are going for 'they said so'. This is a forum pal. Why bother coming on here if you think a sweeping statement like that cuts to the chase of any debate. You would be laughed off a serious debate forum on one on one.

The problem with you is that is the best you have got, vaguary.

I implore you to present some of this so call mountain of evidence. So far you lot have bombed out on many supposed supports for TOE.

Location hidden

#60441 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>Oh quack quack.

So far at just a quick revamp I have locked horns with you lot of evos over junk dna, vestigal organs and backbones, birds and whales, the myth of 1%, ervs.

You however are too stupid to understand that in fact modern bird footprints dated to 212mya, whale bones in Michagan in strata 290myo, 100% functional dna, fossil evidence aligning with my one scenario in Genesis is evidence that is just as robust as the data and interpretations you have to present, that is if ever you did.

You are expecting some library of convolutions like you are used to. I as a creationist of no particular variety do not need libraries of outdated woffle and flavour of the month. For a start I do not need to demonstrate ancestry of molecules to man and that saves a heck of a lot of paper.

So you have failed to refute the fact that 100% functional genome is very supportive of a creationist paradigm.

Feel free to offer any other great evidence you reckon you have seeing as you evos bombed out on anything discussed so far with me. Off you go.

You can try the good old twoddle around chromosome 2, your nested hierarchies that are a mess or whatever you like. Go!
Show me a human, ape, primate or any other modern animal fossil preserved next to a dinosaur fossil. Go!

Level 3

Location hidden

#60442 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh quack quack.
So far at just a quick revamp I have locked horns with you lot of evos over junk dna, vestigal organs and backbones, birds and whales, the myth of 1%, ervs.
You however are too stupid to understand that in fact modern bird footprints dated to 212mya, whale bones in Michagan in strata 290myo, 100% functional dna, fossil evidence aligning with my one scenario in Genesis is evidence that is just as robust as the data and interpretations you have to present, that is if ever you did.
You are expecting some library of convolutions like you are used to. I as a creationist of no particular variety do not need libraries of outdated woffle and flavour of the month. For a start I do not need to demonstrate ancestry of molecules to man and that saves a heck of a lot of paper.
So you have failed to refute the fact that 100% functional genome is very supportive of a creationist paradigm.
Feel free to offer any other great evidence you reckon you have seeing as you evos bombed out on anything discussed so far with me. Off you go.
You can try the good old twoddle around chromosome 2, your nested hierarchies that are a mess or whatever you like. Go!
Do you have like... extreme self esteem issues? Why do you feel the need to constantly "update" us on the debate by regurgitating the same spam over and over again - and then concluding that by virtue of your superior spamming skills you have "won." No one is competing with you. This isn't a competition. Do we compete with children who still believe that storks deliver babies for mommy and daddy?

Level 3

Location hidden

#60443 Nov 23, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Creation is the best theory...only true story as why we are here. Evolutionists avoid creation to escape their submission to a Higher Source. Evolutionists try to be brave and "go it alone" when they are bound by the law of gravity and all physics. Cowards, self-denial FREAKSHOWS....are what evolutionists are! You will die, DIE....in time. God is eternal, never dies and the advancing universe proves His power. When you evolutions die....you will be gone......
You are a fascinating person.

Location hidden

#60444 Nov 23, 2012
timn17 wrote:
Maz, I'm gonna put this in a separate post so that maybe you read it this time. You must make creationism stand on it's own as a theory. You can't find "proof" for it by poking holes on scientific theory. You have to find your own proof. Even if the TOE was found to be entirely wrong, which will not happen, that would not prove creationism. Do you understand that? The failure of a scientific theory is not the success of a religious theory.

Evolution is not the opposite of creationism anyway - creationists just set it up that way because it threatens their beliefs. If most of the rational world had their way, these debates would never happen because of how totally unrelated the two subjects are.
Creation science can't stand as a theory. Creation science has the magic chess piece that allows them to follow the path of least resistance. The magic of God.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#60445 Nov 23, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Many keep saying there is massive evidence, but they can never produce any but refer you to others for a defense.
Of course I can produce the massive evidence. The problem is that you don't even know what constitutes scientific evidence.

An educated creationist will at least admit that there is massive evidence that supports evolution. They stubbornly disagree with the interpretation of that evidence and can offer none that support their side. So what do you call someone who has no evidence to support their beliefs, and knows that the other side has all of the evidence?

You call that person a creationist.

What do you call someone who denies that evolution has massive evidence. What else can you call someone who is even dumber than a creationist, you call that person a creatard.

Level 1

Everton, Australia

#60446 Nov 23, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
They are too scared to present any of this massive amount of gobble because some are still recovering from having their junk dna carpet pulled from underneath their feet.

It is the sound of gobsmacked silence. Creos will be lucky to engage any of the evo community in a scientific debate. For a start I am not sure any of them knows what a science really should look like. eg the predictability of a crystal ball is not a good start.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60447 Nov 23, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true. I am glad your religion is dying. Each year more churches close and the parking lots have less cars in them.
Irony...
Many are leaving because of the truth while many are coming in because they love the truth. The church of God can never die.

Level 3

Location hidden

#60448 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if there is so much of evidence to suport TOE how come you lot can never come up with any of it? My point here is also made.
I can demonstrate the folley behind any you present. IOW you have mountains of hand waving to present just like your evidence in junk dna was.
So you are going for 'they said so'. This is a forum pal. Why bother coming on here if you think a sweeping statement like that cuts to the chase of any debate. You would be laughed off a serious debate forum on one on one.
I implore you to present some of this so call mountain of evidence. So far you lot have bombed out on many supposed supports for TOE.
To list all the evidence would take much longer than the space we are allotted here. Would you like evidence from comparative physiology, evidence from paleontology, evidence from anatomy, evidence from geographical distribution, etc, etc, etc.

Take your pick.

Here's one specific piece of evidence - chromosome 2 in humans. All chromosomes have telomeres and centromeres ( one telomere on each end and one centromere in the middle). However, humans have one chromosome (2) that has 4 telomeres and 2 centromeres. In the middle, there are two telomeres connected end to end where the centromere would usually be. Each end has it's own telomere, and then on either side, in between both sets of telomeres, there is a centromere. Based on this strange configuration, it seems that we have a fused chromosome. We have 23 chromosomes. All members of homindae except us have 24. So, at some point after we diverged, 2 of our chromosomes fused, which is why we have one less than the rest of our family.

I recommend you do some light reading on the subject, both because it's hard to grasp what I just told you based on my short description, and because you are incredibly stupid.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60449 Nov 23, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The one between your ears?
Try elsewhere, you lose.

Level 3

Location hidden

#60450 Nov 23, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Creation science can't stand as a theory. Creation science has the magic chess piece that allows them to follow the path of least resistance. The magic of God.
Oh, I know lol. That's why I'm telling her to make her claims stand on their own rather than poke holes in scientific theory. This is something that I know she can't do.

Level 1

Everton, Australia

#60451 Nov 23, 2012
timn17 wrote:
This is entirely your opinion and your take when you are still recovering from over 150 years of falsified knucklewalking ancestry and decades of sprooking to junk dna.

What sort of a bizarre comment is this 'evolution is not the opposite of creationism anyway'? That is only relevant if one is confused fence sitter like an IDer.

I have just woken you lot up to the folley of a decade of junk dna being shoved down creos throats and you have the hide to say creos set it up according to their beliefs. Shame on you, ignoramous!

Level 3

Location hidden

#60452 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
They are too scared to present any of this massive amount of gobble because some are still recovering from having their junk dna carpet pulled from underneath their feet.
It is the sound of gobsmacked silence. Creos will be lucky to engage any of the evo community in a scientific debate. For a start I am not sure any of them knows what a science really should look like. eg the predictability of a crystal ball is not a good start.
You have an inexplicably high opinion of your debating skills.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60453 Nov 23, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Charles, let's be serious - as dim as she is and as astoundingly flawed her arguments/data are, you still don't have the slightest clue what she posted.
My assessment of you guys is that, you guys hate the word, opposition.
And that is simply and totally wrong of you guys. We are in democracy.

Level 3

Location hidden

#60454 Nov 23, 2012
Dunning krueger effect. Maz in a nutshell. Look it up.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#60455 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you probably do not know what scientific evidence is. I have listed it before, creatards tend to ignore it.

So first, before I produce any evidence let's have a discussion on what constitutes scientific evidence.

Scientific evidence has to be evidence that everyone agrees with. And it must either support or oppose a theory or hypothesis. If it does not do either one of those it is merely noise.

So how do you support a theory or hypothesis. Mav is actually on to something when she claims that if she can show that every last bit of DNA has a function that it supports her creationist claims. Of course it would have to be every last bit including ERV's otherwise odds are that evolutionists could have an equal claim to having an interpretation of the DNA data that backs up their belief.

Theories and hypotheses make models of the real world that support their claims. For example if the theory of evolution is true the fossil record should never have a Cambrian bunny rabbit, or for that matter the 215 million year old whale that Maz claimed was found. The fossil record supports the evolutionary record. Therefore it is evidence for evolution. We have tons of fossils in museums and there are mountains of fossils in nature. All of which support the evolutionary model. Those same fossils do not support the creationist model so they cannot be used as evidence for creation. Creationists won't even make a model that describes how the fossils were laid down. They did in the past by trying to claim that Noah's flood laid them down but that is so thoroughly debunked that it is laughable to even try to use it these days.d

So there, a rather long post that describes scientific evidence. Shows how it is used. Gives an example of actual evidence that can be used by evolution and not by creation. Any questions?

Location hidden

#60456 Nov 23, 2012
The one thing I find most amusing is that creationist spend time and energy fighting in these forums. After taking Pascal's wager, it seems they have no further task than to wait for the end to come. Yet they propose the dead horse paradigm endlessly as a feverish attempt to win intellectual supremacy. Not one of them can follow pure science without dropping the magic plug and play deity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min ms_Sweeter 145,288
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 20 min Adrian DeVine 1,275
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 28 min -Lea- 18,599
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 32 min Romancer 25,342
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 34 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 35,996
Half-ton alligator caught in Alabama sets world... 35 min Parden Pard 2
What do Latino girls like about black guys? (Aug '07) 36 min OOO 224
Fergson Police Dept. 1 hr Parden Pard 405
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Adrian DeVine 28,511
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••