Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
56,441 - 56,460 of 115,307 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#60417 Nov 23, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>What brought about the atoms?
The cycle goes and on and on.
Language or grammar can never fill that gap or vacuum ...
Perhaps you should invest in continued learning. This really isn't the place to learn practical physics.

A question. Were you this difficult when people were filling your head with religion?

Location hidden

#60418 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>Oh and you would know for sure on the back of a big bang model where physics breaks down at the singularity. On the back of a model that suggests 96% of the universe is dark energy, a substance they know nothing about except it makes their physics less problematic.

How about this theory that you all like to ignore. This will never take off because it actually makes sense and does not require the mystery of dark matter and energy.

http://wallacegsmith.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...

Hence one can believe in a theory that breaks down and makes the earth not special or one can choose another equally credible theory.

BTW, I also can present research that suggest intergalactic shadows are missing causing challenges to the validity of big bang.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/09/...

You see once again you use illogical assumptions and unsubstantiated views to support your views on big bang and earth formation. Assumption is all there is and appears to be used in place of observed science.

There is more confusion, contradiction and competing theories on earth formation then there ever was.

The one thing that supports a biblical Gods ability to create instantly is that there is now research that proves energy can turn to matter.

What is God described as? Energy and light. What is the primary matter of the universe according to researchers...energy contained within a singularity the physics of which also breaks down at that instant of creation.

So here again is support for yet another biblical assertion and a creationist view that the primary matter of the universe will be made from the substance of God. Done! The statement that a source of power can create matter has been established. That is suportive data on creos behalf

That view is as good if not better than anything you can provide, despite big bangs general acceptance.
Very good. You have described the universe as I understand it. Would it make you happy if I supported the popular pet name "God"?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#60419 Nov 23, 2012
Mav, why this fascination with "junk DNA"? That is not even a proper scientific term for it.

Once again, it is a term very similar to "UFO". There is not one "UFO" yet that has been shown to be a "flying saucer" all it is is a catch all term for flying objects that have not been identified yet.

"Junk DNA" is on the same order. It is DNA that we have not identified to what it actually does. At first it looked as if it did nothing. This is not a problem for the theory of evolution. Now it looks like it does next to nothing and this is still not a problem for evolution. In fact like many organs which lose almost all function or whose function change as the species evolves, so should some DNA change in its usage. The two are tied together.

See if you can find an actual article that states that Junk DNA poses any problem for evolution in any way at all.

And please, your 250 million year old whale story? Don't you even check your sources ever? I thought better of you. It looks more and more like you are just another lying creatard for Jebus.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#60420 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep quoting my post and yet have nothing to add to refute it.
So are you making a prediction that this mere 20% of non coding dna will remain non functional are you?
Are you also suggesting that all the past decade of woffle around 98% of dna being junk is subsequently refuted and falsified? If so what makes you think any flavour of the month has any merit behind it?
God is not trying to confuse you evos. You evos appear to be doing a good job of that for yourselves.
You are hopeless. As I said, debating evolution with a creationist is like debating the stork theory of reproduction with a small child. Pointless.

But again, because you are getting really annoying with all this junk dna stuff -*it does not matter.* The fact that scientists were wrong about non coding dna does not in any way invalidate the larger theory. There are still many lines of evidence that support evolution. Also, it does not matter how much dna is coding or non coding. Even if 100% of it was, that would not "prove" creationism. Anyways, 100% of it isn't - and why would that be the case if we were designed? Wouldn't a perfect creator give us perfect dna?

You can't appropriate one bit of research from evolutionary theory that "supports" creationism while simultaneously claiming that the paradigm which makes such research possible is wrong. How do you not understand that? You are using evolutionary research to claim that evolution is wrong. That's stupid.

And since you didn't understand last time - you aren't supporting creationism by pointing out "holes" in evolutionary theory. A theory must stand on it's own merits - not on the so called faults of another theory.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#60421 Nov 23, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good. You have described the universe as I understand it. Would it make you happy if I supported the popular pet name "God"?
You are free to call the 'cause' whatever you wish, be it gaia, God. Your condescention is noted as being a cheap reply on being absolutley gob smacked on the topic at hand.

I am not here to get you to make me happy. That is quite illogical and irrelevant.

However seeing as evos have lost any hope of shoving that last 20% of very likely non existent junk dna, down my throat, why not defer to locking horns on the creation of the universe.

What did you think of the research in relation to an earth centred universe further supported by challenges to Big Bang itself. eg Physics breaks down at the moment of creation, intergalactic shadows missing?

You can waste your time here philosophising. I prefer to look to science and observation. Observation also suggests earth is the centre of the universe and we are the only intelligent life the government has admitted to, with only algorithmic magic based on problematic big bang and speculation to suggest otherwise.

The theory I prefer does not need the mystery of dark energy. It doesn't need God either, but it does challege the Copernican principle if ever validated.

Level 3

Location hidden

#60422 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple truth is that creationists can make a prediction on non coding dna. You evos cannot. Therefore in evo terms junk dna says nothing to inform support for TOE.
The way you have sprooked about the last 20% beggs the question, if the last 20% is also found to have some function in time does that mean I win and you loose? Does it?
If this eventuates you evos will run and hide and come up with God only knows what dribble.
Hence anything you present as support for evolution may only be flavour of the month to be refuted at any time.
On the point of non coding dna creos have made a prediction. They have been suject to the abuse of evos stuffing crap doen their throats eg 98% junk. Creos have seen the 98% dwindle down to 20%. They have seen die hard evos clutch at straws like drowning rats.
You keep clutching to your 20% lovey, because your straw will soon break.
Here I have been saving this for you to put your foot in your mouth. Thankfully you have done so.
And what’s in the remaining 20 percent? Possibly not junk either, according to Ewan Birney, the project’s Lead Analysis Coordinator and self-described “cat-herder-in-chief”. He explains that ENCODE only (!) looked at 147 types of cells, and the human body has a few thousand. A given part of the genome might control a gene in one cell type, but not others. If every cell is included, functions may emerge for the phantom proportion.“It’s likely that 80 percent will go to 100 percent,” says Birney.“We don’t really have any large chunks of redundant DNA. This metaphor of junk isn’t that useful.”
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketsc...
So the question is not why did God put junk dna in the genome to confuse evolutionists. That is a fabrication of your desperate and delusional mind. The question is why do evolutionists suffer foot in mouth disease so consistently?
You are astoundingly stupid. I, and not one serious scientist, thinks that to "prove" evolution, we must prove that some of our dna is non coding. IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE OVERALL THEORY. It is a footnote. Why don't you understand that? Dna is not the be all, end all of the TOE. There are many other lines of evidence that support it.

And no, you wouldn't "win" if all dna were coding (I don't know why you are framing this as a win and lose thing. I am not competing to "beat" your dumbass). Explain why that would prove creationism. It would "prove" that our understanding of dna was mistaken, that's it. You can't infer a deity out of thin air because an inconsequential prediction of the TOE was mistaken. Again, you cannot "prove" your case by poking holes in another theory. If you want your theory to be taken seriously, you must make it stand on it's own. Otherwise, I could claim that the big bang theory is right because the biblical creation account is wrong.

Level 3

Location hidden

#60423 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You may laugh as hard as you like. As far as the thread topic is concerned you and your cohorts have fallen flat on their faces. You have nothing to say of substance and have not posted a link to research to speak of. That is the hallmark of a pretender that can easily ridicule others but in the end is an empty vessel.
I have presented evidence of evolutionary researchers that are also expecting 100% of the genome to be functional.
Creationists will soon have this long awaited prediction fulfilled while evos stand their with their mouth agape saying "quack quack" whist holding a hand full of twoddle.
For creation to be taken seriously, it's proponents must make their own theory stand on it's own merits. They cannot appropriate and cherry pick scientific research to suit their needs while simultaneously disregarding everything that would cast doubt on their premise. Again, why don't you understand this?

How do you explain fossils? How do you explain embyology? How do you explain convergent evolution? How do you explain the fact that we share a large percentage of our dna with our primate cousins, and a certain percentage with every animal on earth? How do you explain the physical similarity of closely related animals? How do you explain the similarities in brain structure? How do you explain "bad" design decisions in creatures that you claim to be divinely designed?

An example of a bad design decision - the giraffe's neck. It's laryngeal nerve starts at the head, goes all the way down the neck, and then wraps back around and up back to the head. This makes no sense from a design perspective. Why not just run the nerve straight across, instead of taking that long detour in the neck? However, it makes perfect sense considered from an evolutionary perspective. Originally, fish didn't have necks, so the nerve made it's little u turn in a relatively short space. But as the giraffe's neck grew longer and longer, it grew with the neck - making for the strange design.

Now, your turn - spam some more stuff about non coding dna that you don't even understand.(reading test, if you actually read this far in my post before spamming back at me, start your post with the number 22).

Level 1

Everton, Australia

#60424 Nov 23, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
Mav, why this fascination with "junk DNA"? That is not even a proper scientific term for it.
Once again, it is a term very similar to "UFO". There is not one "UFO" yet that has been shown to be a "flying saucer" all it is is a catch all term for flying objects that have not been identified yet.
"Junk DNA" is on the same order. It is DNA that we have not identified to what it actually does. At first it looked as if it did nothing. This is not a problem for the theory of evolution. Now it looks like it does next to nothing and this is still not a problem for evolution. In fact like many organs which lose almost all function or whose function change as the species evolves, so should some DNA change in its usage. The two are tied together.
See if you can find an actual article that states that Junk DNA poses any problem for evolution in any way at all.
And please, your 250 million year old whale story? Don't you even check your sources ever? I thought better of you. It looks more and more like you are just another lying creatard for Jebus.
OMG and you are one of the leading posters. Heaven help you evos!

I do not have to present anything to support my view further pal. I have stated my case.

I have checked my sources and the whale fossil evidence is the only creo site I have used, so suck it up. Even it is no worse that some of the rubbish your researchers come up with and call evidence. Non coding dna is a case in point. So what are these bright ones going to call supposed non coding dna now? Woopsie, I suppose.

Even your evo researchers cannot explain these whale bones and the carbon dating ended up being inconsistent, so dah! UFO examples dah!

Do you think that repeating the obvious is some silly way to delude yourself into think you have something to say.

Of course 'now it looks like some does next to nothing' is a fling off pal. The man said likely 100% functional, is functional what you mean by does next to nothing? Functional in any way concurs with a creationist paradigm. You lot are the ones that like to invent woffle about left overs, ad nauseum.

If you lot can come up with contradictory findings it can also mean that none of these researchers actually know what they are looking at or doing.

The point being that I can make a prediction on non coding dna and it is being supported even by biased and convoluted evolutionary research, and I love it.

TOE is the only supposed science that can convolute a falsification into a good thing and call it progress instead. You evos should be laughed out of the scientific community and placed in the philosophy streams.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#60425 Nov 23, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Would you agree that the forces that created agate stones also created the earth?
I have absolutely no idea...what are you getting at??

Location hidden

#60426 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>You are free to call the 'cause' whatever you wish, be it gaia, God. Your condescention is noted as being a cheap reply on being absolutley gob smacked on the topic at hand.

I am not here to get you to make me happy. That is quite illogical and irrelevant.

However seeing as evos have lost any hope of shoving that last 20% of very likely non existent junk dna, down my throat, why not defer to locking horns on the creation of the universe.

What did you think of the research in relation to an earth centred universe further supported by challenges to Big Bang itself. eg Physics breaks down at the moment of creation, intergalactic shadows missing?

You can waste your time here philosophising. I prefer to look to science and observation. Observation also suggests earth is the centre of the universe and we are the only intelligent life the government has admitted to, with only algorithmic magic based on problematic big bang and speculation to suggest otherwise.

The theory I prefer does not need the mystery of dark energy. It doesn't need God either, but it does challege the Copernican principle if ever validated.
The creation of the universe is a tantalizing subject. Many people prefer one theory over another or just believe its magic. A fact is known. We don't know the complete nature of the universe. It's likely that the origin and complete nature of the universe will forever be beyond what can be proven to be fact. Taking the path of least resistance isn't the path to knowledge.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60427 Nov 23, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are astoundingly stupid. I, and not one serious scientist, thinks that to "prove" evolution, we must prove that some of our dna is non coding. IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE OVERALL THEORY. It is a footnote. Why don't you understand that? Dna is not the be all, end all of the TOE. There are many other lines of evidence that support it.
And no, you wouldn't "win" if all dna were coding (I don't know why you are framing this as a win and lose thing. I am not competing to "beat" your dumbass). Explain why that would prove creationism. It would "prove" that our understanding of dna was mistaken, that's it. You can't infer a deity out of thin air because an inconsequential prediction of the TOE was mistaken. Again, you cannot "prove" your case by poking holes in another theory. If you want your theory to be taken seriously, you must make it stand on it's own. Otherwise, I could claim that the big bang theory is right because the biblical creation account is wrong.
Creation is the best theory...only true story as why we are here. Evolutionists avoid creation to escape their submission to a Higher Source. Evolutionists try to be brave and "go it alone" when they are bound by the law of gravity and all physics. Cowards, self-denial FREAKSHOWS....are what evolutionists are! You will die, DIE....in time. God is eternal, never dies and the advancing universe proves His power. When you evolutions die....you will be gone......

Level 1

Everton, Australia

#60428 Nov 23, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are astoundingly stupid. I, and not one serious scientist, thinks that to "prove" evolution, we must prove that some of our dna is non coding. IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE OVERALL THEORY. It is a footnote. Why don't you understand that? Dna is not the be all, end all of the TOE. There are many other lines of evidence that support it.
Oh quack quack.

So far at just a quick revamp I have locked horns with you lot of evos over junk dna, vestigal organs and backbones, birds and whales, the myth of 1%, ervs.

You however are too stupid to understand that in fact modern bird footprints dated to 212mya, whale bones in Michagan in strata 290myo, 100% functional dna, fossil evidence aligning with my one scenario in Genesis is evidence that is just as robust as the data and interpretations you have to present, that is if ever you did.

You are expecting some library of convolutions like you are used to. I as a creationist of no particular variety do not need libraries of outdated woffle and flavour of the month. For a start I do not need to demonstrate ancestry of molecules to man and that saves a heck of a lot of paper.

So you have failed to refute the fact that 100% functional genome is very supportive of a creationist paradigm.

Feel free to offer any other great evidence you reckon you have seeing as you evos bombed out on anything discussed so far with me. Off you go.

You can try the good old twoddle around chromosome 2, your nested hierarchies that are a mess or whatever you like. Go!

Level 9

Tenerife

#60429 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Good then I do not have to say anything more!
TOE is falsified. I agree. Is that what has been the bee in your bonnet all along?
You can also suck up the fact that some evo researchers are now suggesting that it is very likely that 100% of the genome is functional. Yippeeeee!!!!
Christianity is also being falsified my friend...so we'll end up in the same straights.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#60430 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG and you are one of the leading posters. Heaven help you evos!
I do not have to present anything to support my view further pal. I have stated my case.
I have checked my sources and the whale fossil evidence is the only creo site I have used, so suck it up. Even it is no worse that some of the rubbish your researchers come up with and call evidence. Non coding dna is a case in point. So what are these bright ones going to call supposed non coding dna now? Woopsie, I suppose.
Even your evo researchers cannot explain these whale bones and the carbon dating ended up being inconsistent, so dah! UFO examples dah!
Do you think that repeating the obvious is some silly way to delude yourself into think you have something to say.
Of course 'now it looks like some does next to nothing' is a fling off pal. The man said likely 100% functional, is functional what you mean by does next to nothing? Functional in any way concurs with a creationist paradigm. You lot are the ones that like to invent woffle about left overs, ad nauseum.
If you lot can come up with contradictory findings it can also mean that none of these researchers actually know what they are looking at or doing.
The point being that I can make a prediction on non coding dna and it is being supported even by biased and convoluted evolutionary research, and I love it.
TOE is the only supposed science that can convolute a falsification into a good thing and call it progress instead. You evos should be laughed out of the scientific community and placed in the philosophy streams.
You have not made a case Maz. All you have done is to post links to articles of new science at best. Sometimes it takes a while to fully interpret new science. That is why we have the peer review process. The first person to come across the data has no more "right" to it than any other. Sometimes the first person to get at something interprets it wrong. It happens quite often. That is why scientists check and recheck experiments of all sorts. If the data is not repeatable, if the observation is not repeatable, it is assumed, usually very safely, that the first observation was wrong for some reason.

At best here you have linked some articles of things that the authors themselves don't fully understand much less the public at large. They make interesting reading, but I would not bet the house on any of it.

That being said you have shown nothing in regards to "Junk DNA" that hurts the theory of evolution in any way at all. There is no need to debunk any of your claims because there is no "there" there.

All sciences point towards evolution being true. None of them debunk it. Odds are, if you think you have found something that debunks evolution, that you are extremely wrong no matter what you found.

I see that you realize that your one article about a "250 million year old whale found in Michigan" was wrong. Openly admitting it would be a show that there is some hope for you.

Right now you are looking more and more like a fool with every post.

Level 3

Location hidden

#60431 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to call the 'cause' whatever you wish, be it gaia, God. Your condescention is noted as being a cheap reply on being absolutley gob smacked on the topic at hand.
Stop blithering about "junk dna." It doesn't matter, and it does not affect the TOE.

And I already told you, that study about an earth centered universe was deeply flawed. It was a complicated explanation that the authors created as an alternative to "dark energy/dark matter." They did not take into account any other reason why these "galactic shadows" wouldn't exist. For instance, they did not consider that maybe the galaxies themselves were microwave emitters. And anyways - dark energy has been more or less confirmed ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment... ). And dark matter - well, you've heard of black holes, haven't you? That's technically dark matter. So there goes that theory. It was meant to explain the acceleration of the universe without invoking dark energy - which has been confirmed.

Stop mining/cherry picking apologist websites for SIX year old articles. Science has moved on.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#60432 Nov 23, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Creation is the best theory...only true story as why we are here. Evolutionists avoid creation to escape their submission to a Higher Source. Evolutionists try to be brave and "go it alone" when they are bound by the law of gravity and all physics. Cowards, self-denial FREAKSHOWS....are what evolutionists are! You will die, DIE....in time. God is eternal, never dies and the advancing universe proves His power. When you evolutions die....you will be gone......
No, you could not be more wrong.

People believe the theory of evolution because of the massive amount of evidence supporting it. Creationists will not even attempt to make a "theory of creation" so by definition alone, and fact as well, there is not one bit of evidence that supports the creation myth.

You got one thing right, when we evolutionists die we will be gone. But so will you creationists. And history will remember that we were right and that you were pathetically wrong.

Level 1

Everton, Australia

#60433 Nov 23, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I like you as a creo, I do not subscribe to suggesting that evos will die.

I would gladly be a theist evolutionist if ever they could come up with the readies to support TOE with credibility.

I actually think God has more important things to judge mankind on. It would be more around how one conducts oneself than whether one is a creo or evo.

If God is all knowing and reasonable He is a God worth worshipping. If he will condemn mankind through no fualt of their own then he is a God not worth worshipping anyway. That is what I think.

Level 3

Location hidden

#60434 Nov 23, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh quack quack.
So far at just a quick revamp I have locked horns with you lot of evos over junk dna, vestigal organs and backbones, birds and whales, the myth of 1%, ervs.
You however are too stupid to understand that in fact modern bird footprints dated to 212mya, whale bones in Michagan in strata 290myo, 100% functional dna, fossil evidence aligning with my one scenario in Genesis is evidence that is just as robust as the data and interpretations you have to present, that is if ever you did.
You are expecting some library of convolutions like you are used to. I as a creationist of no particular variety do not need libraries of outdated woffle and flavour of the month. For a start I do not need to demonstrate ancestry of molecules to man and that saves a heck of a lot of paper.
So you have failed to refute the fact that 100% functional genome is very supportive of a creationist paradigm.
Feel free to offer any other great evidence you reckon you have seeing as you evos bombed out on anything discussed so far with me. Off you go.
You can try the good old twoddle around chromosome 2, your nested hierarchies that are a mess or whatever you like. Go!
You haven't "locked horns" with anyone. You have spammed nonsense, been told that you are spamming nonsense, and then you spam the same nonsense again. Every time I explain to you why the "junk dna" thing doesn't matter, you spam it again. This is pointless.

Level 9

Tenerife

#60435 Nov 23, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism is about the worst theory ever; it is being fostered on an unsuspecting population of people who don't know any better and have a hard time thinking independently.

The whole of the works supposedly written by Moses has been falsified. The foundational works of the Old Testament which is needed by the New Testament to make any sense is being disproven.

I think the next thing in the scope sights is Jesus

Level 9

Everett, WA

#60436 Nov 23, 2012
Maz, even if they find a "use" for all for all of the DNA in your system, it is not a win for you. You have not done the first thing you need to do and that is to develop a testable hypothesis of DNA as relates to creation. Next you have to show how that is superior to the actual hypotheses that evolutionists have, not what you claim is the hypotheses evolutionists have.

So far at best you have used straw man arguments for evolutionist claims.

You can't win an argument that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big dawg 5 min Princess Hey 419
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Sublime1 18,652
Simple things that make you happy, horny.... (Oct '12) 15 min Harrison Freebird 66
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min the wandering girl 145,418
Media BUZZ 26 min Spirit67_ 2
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 27 min Spirit67_ 347
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 28 min the wandering girl 25,846
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Nobody 2 Special 36,039
Women Hid Stolen Watches in Their Vaginas in Bi... 9 hr szell 19
What's your tip for the day? 9 hr SLY WEST 832
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••