Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,815)

Showing posts 56,281 - 56,300 of111,550
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
I dreamed that I had a pizza cutter once a long time ago. I remember looking everywhere for it because I wanted to make quesadillas.
With all your words you do realize that you never have anything of substance to say.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
I dreamed that I had a pizza cutter once a long time ago. I remember looking everywhere for it because I wanted to make quesadillas.
lol Those types of dreams annoy me. I dreamed had a pet cat recently, and almost bought cat food at the store before realizing I haven't had a pet since I moved here.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Gstspkr wrote:
<quoted text> Ah ! The English slave trader's best friend has arrived. I'm in fine company now.
You too are making god like guesses, why is that? Is it something you are taught in hate the non believers godbot school?

I may live less than an hours drive from The Dude but friend? Nope, never met the guy, you may live where everyone knows what flavour condoms people in a 100 mile radius use but the UK has a different life style.

I do however appreciate his intelligence and his obvious education and knowledge of a wide variety of subjects. I am afraid you will be unable to change facts using the indoctrinated hatred and deliberate misunderstanding of godbot school

You can however make silly guesses and post stupid, irrelevant and totally hilarious lying statements if it makes you feel better, we all like a good laugh now and again

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What brought about the earth.
Gravity, accretion and time

Next

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What brought about the earth.
Chemical reactions, gravity, and a bunch of elements from a dead star.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>With all your words you do realize that you never have anything of substance to say.
Sorry to disappoint you. I'll just assume that you'll just ignore my lack of substance in the future. Cheers.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
With all your words you do realize that you never have anything of substance to say.
Nikki says plenty and much has substance but hey we are all entitled to a little levity now and again, we know you were not amused but others were amused by the humanity of the post

You too seem to have a lot of words but no evidence and are never available or able to answer queries, of refutations of you copy and paste BS

But if you like being seen as a hypocritical crustard thatís fine.

Level 1

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
For the last 2000+ years the sheep have been stating that "one day you'll see".
So have evolutionists become mindless sheep! I am not a mindless sheep because I can actually support my view that creationists are gaining better support for their views whilst TOE is becoming a huge mes of contradiction and instability., It appears evos here on this forum are demonstrating how confused they are.

None of you here have the ability to mount a supported debate. Not one of you have for the entire thread, it appears.

None of you will speak to any prediction on non coding dna because you do not have one, whilst I do. There is no need for junk if we were created. You lot sprooked there would be and suggested that 98% of the genome was functionless. These bright sparks, once again and in line with previous history, were wrong.

Hence junk dna proves evolution and I suppose 80% functional non coding dna also supports evolution does it?

http://www.nature.com/news/encode-the-human-e...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15716009

Also 1% difference supports TOE as does the fact that dna comparisons are ridiculously misrepresentative and in actual fact there is an 80% difference in protien expression as well as all the vast differences that are ignored.

http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/biology/fra...

Assertions backed by research is the only way to form a bais for debate. Mindless opinion and empty words mean nothing, just in case you remain confused about what a debate or supporting ones view should look like.

I suggest that as an observer of the evolution/creation debate the creationists are actually being given their evidence by evolutionists on a golden plater!

Level 1

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nikki says plenty and much has substance but hey we are all entitled to a little levity now and again, we know you were not amused but others were amused by the humanity of the post
You too seem to have a lot of words but no evidence and are never available or able to answer queries, of refutations of you copy and paste BS
But if you like being seen as a hypocritical crustard thatís fine.
A post based on opinion will never provide more credibility than the supported view I can present with research in support of my views and assertions. eg my last post. Evos here appear to be too stupid to even understand what research and support looks like.

I'd say peer reviewed research from your own researchers is support for my view as opposed to these woffly replies I get from the likes of idiots like you.

As I said you evos here on this forum are hopelessly ignorant and uneducated in the science they are trying to defend and doing a bad job of I may add!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> He was a Christian that is all.
He is unlike you guys that are liars and backbiters.
There's that Christian attitude for you!

Charles, you don't know me. Not even slightly. If there is anyone on the earth who rejects our Big Brother society more than me, even to the point of personal sacrifice, I've yet to meet them.

Christians are like all other urban rats. When they have an opportunity to exploit, they keep their mouths shut and exploit it. Sharing is not in their nature.

Nobody is a bottomless well of generosity but I can only pity those who forget their innocence and spend the rest of their days rationalizing their selfishness. Immortal souls, my patootie!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>God is the creator of the world and the universe.
You are a creator of lies and fear.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Maz, quote mining and misinterpreting articles does not support your side at all.

Since your understanding is so incredibly wrong you need to focus on one item at a time. And avoid creationist sites.

The vast amount of creationist sites openly admit that they are not honest.

Level 1

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
There's that Christian attitude for you!
Charles, you don't know me. Not even slightly. If there is anyone on the earth who rejects our Big Brother society more than me, even to the point of personal sacrifice, I've yet to meet them.
Christians are like all other urban rats. When they have an opportunity to exploit, they keep their mouths shut and exploit it. Sharing is not in their nature.
Nobody is a bottomless well of generosity but I can only pity those who forget their innocence and spend the rest of their days rationalizing their selfishness. Immortal souls, my patootie!
Oh I suppose those that follow some obese mutant that decided abandoning his family is the way to go! Maybe we should follow those that suggest the earth is held up by a turtle. Or maybe those that suggest Lucy the ape had a conversation with God.

Every book on TOE is a fable concocted by a delusionary mind as evidenced by the huge rubbish bin of evolutionary delusions past that have been falsified. Hello!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

L.A.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Portal wrote:
<quoted text>The makers are if fact manipulating and controlling all life on this planet.........they function in a dimension the primitive human animal will never and dosnt want to comprehend. The Bible story is nothing more than intelligent beings distorting the truth.....to fool the human animal. A brilliant disguise!
Typical California bullsh!t
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Gstspkr wrote:
<quoted text>
The rocks that I stacked up when I was a kid, are still rocks. The caterpillars I caught never turned into a fish or a snake, but miraculously stayed moths or butterflies. Tadpoles didn't turn into Rihanna or earthworms, but miraculously remained frogs or toads. Most " irrefutable" evidence was fraudulent like the evolving moths, or pilt- down man or Lucy. And the the famous lightning in a mudhole proclamation forming amino acids. Do me a favor, and take apart your car piece by piece and scatter all over your back yard. After this, lets wager in 10 years, that those car pieces will evolve back into your Buick ready and running. And you think we believe in MAGIC ?
Piltdown man was an act of fraud. What is this other rhetorical nonsense? The archeological remains called "Lucy" are entirely valid, although some original ideas about her being a direct ancestor may have changed. At the time, the discovery filled in a big gap in knowledge that has been refined, not dismissed.

As far as abiogenesis is concerned, your analogies and stubborn refusal to accept the enormous time involved aren't worth refuting. You just picked a creation myth that suits your agenda, and you've put no effort at all into finding out and defending the truth for yourself. Just a pack animal, trying to move up in the pecking order it seems.

Level 1

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
Maz, quote mining and misinterpreting articles does not support your side at all.
Since your understanding is so incredibly wrong you need to focus on one item at a time. And avoid creationist sites.
The vast amount of creationist sites openly admit that they are not honest.
The research I presented was NOT from creationist sites you idiot!

The links are ALL from evo sites including Nature magazine you silly twit.

Instead of wasting your time posting rubbish I suggest you actually open the links and read them in the vague hope that one day you may actually be able to have something worthwhile to say.

Level 1

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
So have evolutionists become mindless sheep! I am not a mindless sheep because I can actually support my view that creationists are gaining better support for their views whilst TOE is becoming a huge mes of contradiction and instability., It appears evos here on this forum are demonstrating how confused they are.
None of you here have the ability to mount a supported debate. Not one of you have for the entire thread, it appears.
None of you will speak to any prediction on non coding dna because you do not have one, whilst I do. There is no need for junk if we were created. You lot sprooked there would be and suggested that 98% of the genome was functionless. These bright sparks, once again and in line with previous history, were wrong.
Hence junk dna proves evolution and I suppose 80% functional non coding dna also supports evolution does it?
Also 1% difference supports TOE as does the fact that dna comparisons are ridiculously misrepresentative and in actual fact there is an 80% difference in protien expression as well as all the vast differences that are ignored.
Assertions backed by research is the only way to form a bais for debate. Mindless opinion and empty words mean nothing, just in case you remain confused about what a debate or supporting ones view should look like.
I suggest that as an observer of the evolution/creation debate the creationists are actually being given their evidence by evolutionists on a golden plater!
Above is what a supported view looks like.

Some of you evos are real morons and do not even know the difference between a creo site and your own research.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. In fact in science, "theory" is as high as it gets. NOTHING gets "proven". Theories do NOT get promoted to "laws" after a certain amount of evidence comes in. This is because all scientific concepts need to have the potential for falsification. Without which theories can't make valid testable scientific predictions.
Just a point about QM though, it IS scientifically testable, and so far it does so successfully. For more info on that area though, seek Polymath, our resident physicist around these parts.
I've run into Polymath. He's knowledgeable but for the sake of argument, you both think of "proof" differently than a skeptic would. Creationists expect to observe things directly with their senses. In truth, they usually don't understand the conditions nor the math behind modern tests so it's a waste of time to debate with them.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>So have evolutionists become mindless sheep! I am not a mindless sheep because I can actually support my view that creationists are gaining better support for their views whilst TOE is becoming a huge mes of contradiction and instability., It appears evos here on this forum are demonstrating how confused they are.

History, psychology and philosophy are my areas of expertise my friend. Perhaps you can find a worthy debate with a geneticist. Cheers.

anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Gstspkr wrote:
<quoted text>
But mysteriously, it arrived in the same time frame as Engels and Marx. Master confiscators, who proposed the rights of the working man and revolution only to seize power and ruthlessly, by force oppress any who opposed them including many revolutionary working men. They explicitly write of the need to abolish God in order to promote the worship of superiors to which they immediately promoted themselves. After all they couldn't allow the peasants assign any meaning to such vile biblical versus like "God is a respecter of no man", meaning we are all equally faulty, themselves included.
Charles Darwin did not collude with political theorists!!

In all honesty, Darwin had to rush his work into print because others were already working on similar ideas. He was interested in fame, not in seizing power from the aristocracy. He was among the aristocracy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,281 - 56,300 of111,550
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Things you don't know about me..._____________ (May '08) 6 min duh 4,864
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! 12 min Independent1 1,600
Are you going on vaction this Summer? 45 min That Geno Ferrret Dude 8
What are you wearing today? (Nov '09) 45 min night machine 11,617
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Roy 140,286
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 1 hr Bezeer 76,573
Chain Link Game! (Apr '12) 1 hr Bezeer 6,159
How to become Unbannable 2 hr Toasted Poster 56
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr SimplyLoveYou 14,104