Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,811)

Showing posts 56,201 - 56,220 of111,837
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Poor Charles.
In addition to his difficulty with ESL (though fair dues to him for sorta trying), he appears to be a firm believer in the BPT*.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so the Easter bunny, Santas' elves nor Fairies can be proven to not exist.
Unfortunately, the evolutionary fiasco played out like the changing scenes and scenarios that support the overarching TOE is much like any bed time story and cannot be proven to not exist. That is why TOE is virtually unfalsifiable and does not meet the a credible standard of falsifiability.

Hence, my question in relation to evolutionists predictions around non coding dna. What supports TOE? If in 50 years time it is demonstrated that all of the genome is functional, as creationists predict, what then? Does that mean TOE is flse?

Not on Darwins death bed! Hence although TOE can make a few scant predictions, it is virtually unfalsifiable and has little predictability.

All faiths can interpret data to suit themselves and come up with their own algorithmic magic to support themselves.

I think to be closed to only one view is problematic.

The thing is it seriously looks like creos are on better tracks than evos.

General creationist predictions on junk dna and so called vestigal organs are being supported more as time goes on. That appears to be a fact. These are stable predictions.

If proven in time, I suggest evolutionists will have lost a huge support for evolutionary theory, despite any handwaving they come up with to explain it.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>He was a serious believer in, among other things, astrology.
That does not rule out, his firm beliefs for God.
He was a christian.

Level 1

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>One of the most amusing things for me is seeing someone who knows so, so little of what they are talking about, but thinks that they are some sort of authority. It's hilarious.
I can already tell that there is no point in trying to engage you in debate, as I have observed you blatantly misrepresent evolution either intentionally or out of ignorance several times, so I know you aren't interested in anything other than grandstanding; but I just wanted to point that out to you. You have also tried to paint it as a philosophy diametrically opposed to religion, which it is not. To deny the evidence is not ignorance, it is stupidity. Why does it threaten you so much, anyway? Cause it conflicts with your goat herder book? Maybe it's a tool of god, right? That's what your church has decided, because they looked at the evidence and realized that to deny the TOE would be akin to denying heliocentrism all those years ago. Guess they didn't wanna look *that* stupid again.
Seriously, when you find yourself taking Charles "To date!" Idemi's side, you need to rethink your position.
All creationists please not a person that has many word and not one shred of support.

Look pal, when you klearn what an actual refute should look like I'll give you are serious reply.

For now you are just a woffler without a link or science to be seen.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>One of the most amusing things for me is seeing someone who knows so, so little of what they are talking about, but thinks that they are some sort of authority. It's hilarious.
I can already tell that there is no point in trying to engage you in debate, as I have observed you blatantly misrepresent evolution either intentionally or out of ignorance several times, so I know you aren't interested in anything other than grandstanding; but I just wanted to point that out to you. You have also tried to paint it as a philosophy diametrically opposed to religion, which it is not. To deny the evidence is not ignorance, it is stupidity. Why does it threaten you so much, anyway? Cause it conflicts with your goat herder book? Maybe it's a tool of god, right? That's what your church has decided, because they looked at the evidence and realized that to deny the TOE would be akin to denying heliocentrism all those years ago. Guess they didn't wanna look *that* stupid again.
Seriously, when you find yourself taking Charles "To date!" Idemi's side, you need to rethink your position.
Your opinion.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
I dreamed the other day that I was a bounty hunter.
I dreamed I was The Stig...

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Gods creation is intelligent...But no molecules to man, my friend....
We may also be special, despite the Copernican principle.....
Mathematicians’ theory means Earth may be the center of the universe
http://wallacegsmith.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...
That was funny. Thanks for the link.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That does not rule out, his firm beliefs for God.
He was a christian.
I have a tip, for you. Stop using commas, so much. They make you sound, stupid.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

You_tube_dude_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence of creationism is simply this...."Faith".
Synonym: "Delusion".

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, the evolutionary fiasco played out like the changing scenes and scenarios that support the overarching TOE is much like any bed time story and cannot be proven to not exist. That is why TOE is virtually unfalsifiable and does not meet the a credible standard of falsifiability.
Hence, my question in relation to evolutionists predictions around non coding dna. What supports TOE? If in 50 years time it is demonstrated that all of the genome is functional, as creationists predict, what then? Does that mean TOE is flse?
Not on Darwins death bed! Hence although TOE can make a few scant predictions, it is virtually unfalsifiable and has little predictability.
All faiths can interpret data to suit themselves and come up with their own algorithmic magic to support themselves.
I think to be closed to only one view is problematic.
The thing is it seriously looks like creos are on better tracks than evos.
General creationist predictions on junk dna and so called vestigal organs are being supported more as time goes on. That appears to be a fact. These are stable predictions.
If proven in time, I suggest evolutionists will have lost a huge support for evolutionary theory, despite any handwaving they come up with to explain it.
Are you under the impression that the "non coding dna fiasco," as you call it, is the downfall of the TOE? It's a footnote. It does not affect the overall soundness of the theory. At all. I have a video for you. It explains, in detail, why you are a blithering idiot. Enjoy. It's sped up - to force as much information into your tiny mind in as short a time as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 1

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

It is usually evos that say creos don't want to talk science and all you evos appear to be doing is scurrying as far away from science as possible.
Every statement I have made I can support from your own researchers. If all you can do is say ' TOE is right because they said so, then I say, that 'they' have been wrong many many times before.eg human knucklewalking ancestry, junk dna, 2 turned to three domains of life, the death of single celled LUCA, brain size tied to bipedalism, Mendellian inheritance being the only form of inheritance refuted by HGT and epigentic inheritance etc.

I can support the scientific statements I make in previous posts and here.
The consortium has assigned some sort of function to roughly 80% of the genome, including more than 70,000 ‘promoter’ regions — the sites, just upstream of genes, where proteins bind to control gene expression — and nearly 400,000 ‘enhancer’ regions that regulate expression of distant genes
http://www.nature.com/news/encode-the-human-e ...
I have stated, in line with the thread topic, that evos have woffled on about junk dna being absolute proof of evolution. That claim is slowly turning to mud. Toe is made of these little balls of rot that are offered as support but are no more than flavour of the month.
A creationist prediction is, and has always been, that in time it will be found that all dna will be found to be functional. The same goes for vestigial organs.
This prediction is being validated as time goes on as any good prediction should. This is opposed to evolutionary theory that generally comprises flavour of the month.
So what say you evos about junk dna? What supports TOE? Some junk, no junk, all junk, how much junk?????? TOE is an anything goes theory with the hit and miss predictability of a crystal ball.
Toe is a philosophy of faith (No need for God) just like any other and is, just like any other faith, trying to find some support for its credibility. Theist evos just have their own slant and IDers are somewhere in the middle.

None of you can answer this above. You can woffle on, and say bla bla, but not one of you has had a word to say about the above.

I am not misrepresenting anything. I do not represent any particular form of creationism.

The thread topic is around junk dna. If you want to continue to go around in cirlces and make vague statements then this is what has been demonstrated.

On the whole evolutionists have not been able to speak to junk dna and its implications for creation or evolution.

Indeed there are no implications for TOE because it is virtually unfalsifiable as are all faiths.

However creationists are much better at making stable predictions.

So as far as the thread topic is concerned the Professor, whatever faith he is, has a good point.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your opinion.
God I love you. You give me hope that maybe, someday, I can smack myself in the head hard enough that I regress to the blissfully unaware mental state of a small child. The way you can be so aggressively stupid about so many things, all the time - well, it's inspiring in a strange sort of way. You are proof positive that ignorance is bliss, and I envy your autistic majesty.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
All creationists please not a person that has many word and not one shred of support.
Look pal, when you klearn what an actual refute should look like I'll give you are serious reply.
For now you are just a woffler without a link or science to be seen.
I don't want a "serious reply" from you. I told you, I know what your "serious replies" look like - all you do is regurgitate the same tired apologist garbage you heard pastor bob say on sunday. Others have told you this already. You aren't worth engaging in debate, because all you want to do is spam illogical nonsense. I just wanted to tell you that I was amused by you. It's funny that people who are supposedly fulfilled by their religion feel the need to go and whine about a scientific theory that is completely unrelated to their belief.

Also, I thought you should know, refute is not a noun.

Also, one cannot "have" science to be seen.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hogwash!!!
Your hatred for christianity will take you no where.
Well, if science is a "hatred for christian" ... then you are 10000% wrong, because it took us to the moon, gave us the internet, and some really fun games to play.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Uhhh yeah we always lived on Plastic Earth sure thang...

Please exit quietly...pssss

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

ok so who hadn't had a giant creature?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Tinka wrote:
ok so who hadn't had a giant creature?
That would be the christians.

Oh wait, the Greeks.

No, the Romans.

Oh, the Egyptians.

Yeah, then Incans.

Hmm, the Aztecs.

Certainly the Sumerians.

I'm runking ducked.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a tip, for you. Stop using commas, so much. They make you sound, stupid.
Thanks, but that does not change the subject and your stupidity.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>God I love you. You give me hope that maybe, someday, I can smack myself in the head hard enough that I regress to the blissfully unaware mental state of a small child. The way you can be so aggressively stupid about so many things, all the time - well, it's inspiring in a strange sort of way. You are proof positive that ignorance is bliss, and I envy your autistic majesty.
Dull !!!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if science is a "hatred for christian" ... then you are 10000% wrong, because it took us to the moon, gave us the internet, and some really fun games to play.
To God be the glory.
Without God, there is no earth or universe( planets).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,201 - 56,220 of111,837
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

206 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
"Keep Three ~ Drop Two 5 min 75 Scorpio 89
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Princess Hey 140,355
What are you wearing today? (Nov '09) 7 min _Word Woman_ 11,633
Post how you feel (Oct '12) 8 min Spirit67_ 306
Big Brother 16 9 min Spirit67_ 3
Bizarre sexting case in Virginia may have you r... 21 min Marley 3
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 23 min curiouslu 53,715
What is the meaning of life? 40 min SLACK 34
•••