Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,810)

Showing posts 56,181 - 56,200 of111,963
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what Charles said "People really can say all sort of things, whether true or false.
But we can not rule out the existence of spirits and demons.
They do exist."
Charles is being reasonable here. He suggests one has no evidence to rule them out. Then you call him a liar. He is not a liar. If there is no evidence to the contrary then one is no more delusional believing in a God than evos are for beliving in common ancestors that you have never seen.
By the way....Seeing that you want to talk philosophy instead of science, here is some for you......
Importantly, this has a direct bearing on the question of whether humans and other living creatures have souls. As Kant pointed out over 200 years ago, everything we experience – including all the colors, sensations and objects we perceive – are nothing but representations in our mind. Space and time are simply the mind's tools for putting it all together. Now, to the amusement of idealists, scientists are beginning dimly to recognize that those rules make existence itself possible. Indeed, the experiments above suggest that objects only exist with real properties if they are observed. The results not only defy our classical intuition, but suggest that a part of the mind – the soul – is immortal and exists outside of space and time.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/biocentri...
You would rather think of yourself as a souless ape. Congratulations!
Sounds like some quantum theory to me...does a tree falling in the forest make a sound if no one is there to hear it? Is quantum entanglement real, and how does it work exactly

Who says apes have no soul?

Can you define and prove the existence of souls? Where do they reside in my body? Who first made up this soul thing...was it Paul. Could be Paul I guess...he made up 'Original Sin' after all.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact never brings about faith, nor does faith bring about fact. Fact exist in complete disregard of faith.
Keep searching, until the answers are gotten. This is an act of faith.
Exploration, research, quest, etc, are all acts of faith.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
My grandmothers name was Stella which is a very old American Indian word that means star and it has origins in northern Italy. Nimrod sent out colonizing fragments that must have reached here,because it is on record that he reached Italy.
The name "Stella" is of Latin derivation, twit.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Intelligent.
Ok so the Easter bunny, Santas' elves nor Fairies can be proven to not exist.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact. Flushing waste isn't biblical. Burying it is.
Likewise.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Most? Thats a stretch. Some do because they represent outcomes based on real life experience or consuming will.
In summary, dreams do come true. Period.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Keep searching, until the answers are gotten. This is an act of faith.
Exploration, research, quest, etc, are all acts of faith.
Really? You seem to disregard this...

"There is another form of temptation, even more fraught with danger. This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives us to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which can avail us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."

St. Augustine (354 - 430)

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Intelligent.
Yes Gods creation is intelligent...But no molecules to man, my friend....

We may also be special, despite the Copernican principle.....

Mathematicians’ theory means Earth may be the center of the universe

http://wallacegsmith.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
All I have to say is score board. 2000+ years trumped by about 200.
Oh, you mean your projections or your wild guesses?

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like some quantum theory to me...does a tree falling in the forest make a sound if no one is there to hear it? Is quantum entanglement real, and how does it work exactly
Who says apes have no soul?
Can you define and prove the existence of souls? Where do they reside in my body? Who first made up this soul thing...was it Paul. Could be Paul I guess...he made up 'Original Sin' after all.
As I said previously you lot are hiding behind philosophy and trying to score fruitless points. The point is there is no evidence to suggest there is no God, so stop chasing your tail into philosophical conundrums and walkes doesn the garden path of evasion.

What's up?????????? Is science too hard for you evolutionists to get your head around?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>In summary, dreams do come true. Period.
Lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Gods creation is intelligent...But no molecules to man, my friend....

We may also be special, despite the Copernican principle.....

MathematiciansÂ’ theory means Earth may be the center of the universe

http://wallacegsmith.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...
Intelligent to who? The judge and jury?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
LOL

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah the power of God... Amazing how he/she/it can miraculously conform to your position without a shred of reliable evidence.
Poor Charles.

In addition to his difficulty with ESL (though fair dues to him for sorta trying), he appears to be a firm believer in the BPT*.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

heh wrote:
<quoted text>
Are all gods real or just the Christian one?
That's what I am saying so my Egyptian neighbor's cat is the real God...

End of the God saga and the stories of the God we trust in and give our life to..The money God the no.1 god is he...

I much rather pray to a black cat and feed her a rat as a treat than to lie my faith into the theory that money heals all wounds...

Love than really wouldn't mean a thing but that and it is supposed to be the ultimate force and I think now that America for a most of it's in part is a bigger flip flop FLOP than anything...
Merry Christmas and may the presents be of plenty under every child's tree this year and may there be a way that every child throughout America will have that place a home and a tree with presents under it...

If that is not going to happen the Real Deal may really get p's off...

Christ and his all memory of when he was born in the stable freezing it was what did the wise man bring Mary anything?

She deserves her peace too more than Christ does I am sure to have given birth to have dealt and to have watched her son being placed on the cross with no one even trying to get him freed?

People that once grabbed at him were healed through a believe if maybe for none other than that to have had a believe, well Christ Jesus GOD LORD AND KING he is like the super magical super hero if he knows math too that would be extreme...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Poor Charles.

In addition to his difficulty with ESL (though fair dues to him for sorta trying), he appears to be a firm believer in the BPT*.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Sir Isaac Newton was a christian, during and after his death- the fact( truth).
He was a serious believer in, among other things, astrology.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not refuted anything. I do not, and have never run away from anything. It is you evos that refuse to discuss science and use scientific theory to support your point, that is if you had one, which you don't.
I made a claim and you come up with this vague woffle.
Look at the discussion now. It has turned to philosophy. I only want to talk science. It is usually evos that say creos don't want to talk science and all you evos appear to be doing is scurrying as far away from science as possible.
Every statement I have made I can support from your own researchers. If all you can do is say ' TOE is right because they said so, then I say, that 'they' have been wrong many many times before.eg human knucklewalking ancestry, junk dna, 2 turned to three domains of life, the death of single celled LUCA, brain size tied to bipedalism, Mendellian inheritance being the only form of inheritance refuted by HGT and epigentic inheritance etc.
I can support the scientific statements I make in previous posts and here.
The consortium has assigned some sort of function to roughly 80% of the genome, including more than 70,000 ‘promoter’ regions — the sites, just upstream of genes, where proteins bind to control gene expression — and nearly 400,000 ‘enhancer’ regions that regulate expression of distant genes
http://www.nature.com/news/encode-the-human-e...
I have stated, in line with the thread topic, that evos have woffled on about junk dna being absolute proof of evolution. That claim is slowly turning to mud. Toe is made of these little balls of rot that are offered as support but are no more than flavour of the month.
A creationist prediction is, and has always been, that in time it will be found that all dna will be found to be functional. The same goes for vestigial organs.
This prediction is being validated as time goes on as any good prediction should. This is opposed to evolutionary theory that generally comprises flavour of the month.
So what say you evos about junk dna? What supports TOE? Some junk, no junk, all junk, how much junk?????? TOE is an anything goes theory with the hit and miss predictability of a crystal ball.
Toe is a philosophy of faith (No need for God) just like any other and is, just like any other faith, trying to find some support for its credibility. Theist evos just have their own slant and IDers are somewhere in the middle.
One of the most amusing things for me is seeing someone who knows so, so little of what they are talking about, but thinks that they are some sort of authority. It's hilarious.

I can already tell that there is no point in trying to engage you in debate, as I have observed you blatantly misrepresent evolution either intentionally or out of ignorance several times, so I know you aren't interested in anything other than grandstanding; but I just wanted to point that out to you. You have also tried to paint it as a philosophy diametrically opposed to religion, which it is not. To deny the evidence is not ignorance, it is stupidity. Why does it threaten you so much, anyway? Cause it conflicts with your goat herder book? Maybe it's a tool of god, right? That's what your church has decided, because they looked at the evidence and realized that to deny the TOE would be akin to denying heliocentrism all those years ago. Guess they didn't wanna look *that* stupid again.

Seriously, when you find yourself taking Charles "To date!" Idemi's side, you need to rethink your position.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You seem to disregard this...
"There is another form of temptation, even more fraught with danger. This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives us to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which can avail us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
St. Augustine (354 - 430)
Yes, the curiousity to find out the unknown without giving up, is an act of faith.
But no concrete evidence to date, to in-validate the existence of the almighty.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In summary, dreams do come true. Period.
God I love you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,181 - 56,200 of111,963
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

169 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 min AHarleyhoney 17,167
Bizarre Angelina Jolie video emerges online 5 min karthik 3
"Go Sarah!" 6 min Denny CranesPlace 4
How to become Bannable... 10 min its me daisy 4
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min Denny CranesPlace 34,774
Word Association (Jun '10) 14 min Bezeer 25,875
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 19 min Bezeer 474
How to become Unbannable 1 hr Chilli J 93
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Denny CranesPlace 140,567
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••