Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
56,141 - 56,160 of 113,285 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>If you can a spirit with a physical trap, go ahead.
Why do we dream?
I dreamed the other day that I was a bounty hunter.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that Isaac Newton worried much about faith after his death. You're getting nutty again.
I can see, you were there when he was dying.
Interesting?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
As quoted earlier:
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Charles, what monsters have you been hunting? We're just hunting for truth. It's a "catch and release" kind of thing.
Hunting for truth with out God is zero.
The quest continues.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No. What relevance does that have to anything?
I am glad you have accepted that you are nothing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Hunting for truth with out God is zero.
The quest continues.
And your "truth" with god scores zero.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so explain why he didn't believe that Jesus nor the Holy Ghost where anywhere equal to God or part of a holy trinity. This belief wasn't Christian. It was herasy to the Christian church.
Opinions are subject to the sender or those concerned. This actually does not mean he was not a christian.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad you have accepted that you are nothing.
I can say with certainty that he is no myth.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a loner. What does that have to do with anything?
I'll say that it's better to be a loner than to be a human sandbag for the herd. No matter how well I explain that, you won't get it. Nuff said.
Herds?
Without the past, there is no present.
Your ancestors did that as well.
Without your ancestors, there is no you.
That was the civilisation then.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain why he hid this view from all but his closest of confidants.
Was he a Christian or an Atheist?

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie. Give us evidence or that is a bald faced lie.
This is what Charles said "People really can say all sort of things, whether true or false.
But we can not rule out the existence of spirits and demons.
They do exist."

Charles is being reasonable here. He suggests one has no evidence to rule them out. Then you call him a liar. He is not a liar. If there is no evidence to the contrary then one is no more delusional believing in a God than evos are for beliving in common ancestors that you have never seen.

By the way....Seeing that you want to talk philosophy instead of science, here is some for you......

Importantly, this has a direct bearing on the question of whether humans and other living creatures have souls. As Kant pointed out over 200 years ago, everything we experience – including all the colors, sensations and objects we perceive – are nothing but representations in our mind. Space and time are simply the mind's tools for putting it all together. Now, to the amusement of idealists, scientists are beginning dimly to recognize that those rules make existence itself possible. Indeed, the experiments above suggest that objects only exist with real properties if they are observed. The results not only defy our classical intuition, but suggest that a part of the mind – the soul – is immortal and exists outside of space and time.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/biocentri...

You would rather think of yourself as a souless ape. Congratulations!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to do is prove me wrong I guess. Fact or faith you choose faith.
Fact brings about faith, or simply, faith brings about fact.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't doubt that at all. It is historical fact. All politics. Next...
But the truth.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Flush...
FLUSH...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
I dreamed the other day that I was a bounty hunter.
Most dreams do come true.
This is an evidence no one can deny.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Marrickville, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not refuted anything. I do not, and have never run away from anything. It is you evos that refuse to discuss science and use scientific theory to support your point, that is if you had one, which you don't.
I made a claim and you come up with this vague woffle.
Look at the discussion now. It has turned to philosophy. I only want to talk science. It is usually evos that say creos don't want to talk science and all you evos appear to be doing is scurrying as far away from science as possible.
Every statement I have made I can support from your own researchers. If all you can do is say ' TOE is right because they said so, then I say, that 'they' have been wrong many many times before.eg human knucklewalking ancestry, junk dna, 2 turned to three domains of life, the death of single celled LUCA, brain size tied to bipedalism, Mendellian inheritance being the only form of inheritance refuted by HGT and epigentic inheritance etc.
I can support the scientific statements I make in previous posts and here.
The consortium has assigned some sort of function to roughly 80% of the genome, including more than 70,000 ‘promoter’ regions — the sites, just upstream of genes, where proteins bind to control gene expression — and nearly 400,000 ‘enhancer’ regions that regulate expression of distant genes
http://www.nature.com/news/encode-the-human-e...
I have stated, in line with the thread topic, that evos have woffled on about junk dna being absolute proof of evolution. That claim is slowly turning to mud. Toe is made of these little balls of rot that are offered as support but are no more than flavour of the month.
A creationist prediction is, and has always been, that in time it will be found that all dna will be found to be functional. The same goes for vestigial organs.
This prediction is being validated as time goes on as any good prediction should. This is opposed to evolutionary theory that generally comprises flavour of the month.
So what say you evos about junk dna? What supports TOE? Some junk, no junk, all junk, how much junk?????? TOE is an anything goes theory with the hit and miss predictability of a crystal ball.
Toe is a philosophy of faith (No need for God) just like any other and is, just like any other faith, trying to find some support for its credibility. Theist evos just have their own slant and IDers are somewhere in the middle.
So I gather that seeing as no evolutionist here can defend their theory I suggest that the conclusion to the deabte is that evolutionsists really have no clue.

They can talk alot, make big claims and point to mountains of outdated speculative rubbish. What they can't do is defend thier stance in the evolution vs creation debate with any more than 'they said so' and a gutful of philosophical rhetoric. EVOLUTIONISTS...YOU LOOSE!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Fact brings about faith, or simply, faith brings about fact.
Fact never brings about faith, nor does faith bring about fact. Fact exist in complete disregard of faith.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
And your "truth" with god scores zero.
In your deluded opinion.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
I can say with certainty that he is no myth.
And that does not change any thing either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>FLUSH...
Fact. Flushing waste isn't biblical. Burying it is.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what Charles said "People really can say all sort of things, whether true or false.
But we can not rule out the existence of spirits and demons.
They do exist."
Charles is being reasonable here. He suggests one has no evidence to rule them out. Then you call him a liar. He is not a liar. If there is no evidence to the contrary then one is no more delusional believing in a God than evos are for beliving in common ancestors that you have never seen.
By the way....Seeing that you want to talk philosophy instead of science, here is some for you......
Importantly, this has a direct bearing on the question of whether humans and other living creatures have souls. As Kant pointed out over 200 years ago, everything we experience – including all the colors, sensations and objects we perceive – are nothing but representations in our mind. Space and time are simply the mind's tools for putting it all together. Now, to the amusement of idealists, scientists are beginning dimly to recognize that those rules make existence itself possible. Indeed, the experiments above suggest that objects only exist with real properties if they are observed. The results not only defy our classical intuition, but suggest that a part of the mind – the soul – is immortal and exists outside of space and time.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/biocentri...
You would rather think of yourself as a souless ape. Congratulations!
Intelligent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••