Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
56,121 - 56,140 of 115,223 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#60090 Nov 22, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
And your "truth" with god scores zero.
In your deluded opinion.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60091 Nov 22, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
I can say with certainty that he is no myth.
And that does not change any thing either.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#60092 Nov 22, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>FLUSH...
Fact. Flushing waste isn't biblical. Burying it is.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60093 Nov 22, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what Charles said "People really can say all sort of things, whether true or false.
But we can not rule out the existence of spirits and demons.
They do exist."
Charles is being reasonable here. He suggests one has no evidence to rule them out. Then you call him a liar. He is not a liar. If there is no evidence to the contrary then one is no more delusional believing in a God than evos are for beliving in common ancestors that you have never seen.
By the way....Seeing that you want to talk philosophy instead of science, here is some for you......
Importantly, this has a direct bearing on the question of whether humans and other living creatures have souls. As Kant pointed out over 200 years ago, everything we experience – including all the colors, sensations and objects we perceive – are nothing but representations in our mind. Space and time are simply the mind's tools for putting it all together. Now, to the amusement of idealists, scientists are beginning dimly to recognize that those rules make existence itself possible. Indeed, the experiments above suggest that objects only exist with real properties if they are observed. The results not only defy our classical intuition, but suggest that a part of the mind – the soul – is immortal and exists outside of space and time.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/biocentri...
You would rather think of yourself as a souless ape. Congratulations!
Intelligent.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#60094 Nov 22, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
So I gather that seeing as no evolutionist here can defend their theory I suggest that the conclusion to the deabte is that evolutionsists really have no clue.
They can talk alot, make big claims and point to mountains of outdated speculative rubbish. What they can't do is defend thier stance in the evolution vs creation debate with any more than 'they said so' and a gutful of philosophical rhetoric. EVOLUTIONISTS...YOU LOOSE!
Maz, I know you love to recycle old debunked creationist arguments. So you are rather low on the anyone's list of people to reply to.

You have never had a successful argument against evolution and worse yet you have never posted any scientific evidence for creationism. Of course you can hardly be blamed for the latter, there is no scientific evidence for creationism.

Location hidden

#60095 Nov 22, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Most dreams do come true.
This is an evidence no one can deny.
Most? Thats a stretch. Some do because they represent outcomes based on real life experience or consuming will.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60096 Nov 22, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
So I gather that seeing as no evolutionist here can defend their theory I suggest that the conclusion to the deabte is that evolutionsists really have no clue.
They can talk alot, make big claims and point to mountains of outdated speculative rubbish. What they can't do is defend thier stance in the evolution vs creation debate with any more than 'they said so' and a gutful of philosophical rhetoric. EVOLUTIONISTS...YOU LOOSE!
Yes, nothing to show for over 150 years, but instead gossips, accusations and backbiting, to mention a few.

Location hidden

#60097 Nov 22, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>In your deluded opinion.
All I have to say is score board. 2000+ years trumped by about 200.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#60098 Nov 22, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what Charles said "People really can say all sort of things, whether true or false.
But we can not rule out the existence of spirits and demons.
They do exist."
Charles is being reasonable here. He suggests one has no evidence to rule them out. Then you call him a liar. He is not a liar. If there is no evidence to the contrary then one is no more delusional believing in a God than evos are for beliving in common ancestors that you have never seen.
By the way....Seeing that you want to talk philosophy instead of science, here is some for you......
Importantly, this has a direct bearing on the question of whether humans and other living creatures have souls. As Kant pointed out over 200 years ago, everything we experience – including all the colors, sensations and objects we perceive – are nothing but representations in our mind. Space and time are simply the mind's tools for putting it all together. Now, to the amusement of idealists, scientists are beginning dimly to recognize that those rules make existence itself possible. Indeed, the experiments above suggest that objects only exist with real properties if they are observed. The results not only defy our classical intuition, but suggest that a part of the mind – the soul – is immortal and exists outside of space and time.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/biocentri...
You would rather think of yourself as a souless ape. Congratulations!
Sounds like some quantum theory to me...does a tree falling in the forest make a sound if no one is there to hear it? Is quantum entanglement real, and how does it work exactly

Who says apes have no soul?

Can you define and prove the existence of souls? Where do they reside in my body? Who first made up this soul thing...was it Paul. Could be Paul I guess...he made up 'Original Sin' after all.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60099 Nov 22, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact never brings about faith, nor does faith bring about fact. Fact exist in complete disregard of faith.
Keep searching, until the answers are gotten. This is an act of faith.
Exploration, research, quest, etc, are all acts of faith.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#60100 Nov 22, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
My grandmothers name was Stella which is a very old American Indian word that means star and it has origins in northern Italy. Nimrod sent out colonizing fragments that must have reached here,because it is on record that he reached Italy.
The name "Stella" is of Latin derivation, twit.

Location hidden

#60101 Nov 22, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Intelligent.
Ok so the Easter bunny, Santas' elves nor Fairies can be proven to not exist.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60102 Nov 22, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact. Flushing waste isn't biblical. Burying it is.
Likewise.

Level 2

Location hidden

#60104 Nov 22, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Most? Thats a stretch. Some do because they represent outcomes based on real life experience or consuming will.
In summary, dreams do come true. Period.

Location hidden

#60105 Nov 22, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Keep searching, until the answers are gotten. This is an act of faith.
Exploration, research, quest, etc, are all acts of faith.
Really? You seem to disregard this...

"There is another form of temptation, even more fraught with danger. This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives us to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which can avail us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."

St. Augustine (354 - 430)

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#60106 Nov 22, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Intelligent.
Yes Gods creation is intelligent...But no molecules to man, my friend....

We may also be special, despite the Copernican principle.....

Mathematicians’ theory means Earth may be the center of the universe

http://wallacegsmith.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...

Level 2

Location hidden

#60107 Nov 22, 2012
NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
All I have to say is score board. 2000+ years trumped by about 200.
Oh, you mean your projections or your wild guesses?

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#60108 Nov 22, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like some quantum theory to me...does a tree falling in the forest make a sound if no one is there to hear it? Is quantum entanglement real, and how does it work exactly
Who says apes have no soul?
Can you define and prove the existence of souls? Where do they reside in my body? Who first made up this soul thing...was it Paul. Could be Paul I guess...he made up 'Original Sin' after all.
As I said previously you lot are hiding behind philosophy and trying to score fruitless points. The point is there is no evidence to suggest there is no God, so stop chasing your tail into philosophical conundrums and walkes doesn the garden path of evasion.

What's up?????????? Is science too hard for you evolutionists to get your head around?

Location hidden

#60109 Nov 22, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>In summary, dreams do come true. Period.
Lol

Location hidden

#60110 Nov 22, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Gods creation is intelligent...But no molecules to man, my friend....

We may also be special, despite the Copernican principle.....

MathematiciansÂ’ theory means Earth may be the center of the universe

http://wallacegsmith.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...
Intelligent to who? The judge and jury?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 2 min Old Sam 29,120
I cyber ice-bucket challenge ...in recognition ... 3 min Brandiiiiiiii 5
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 5 min honeymylove 343
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min -Lea- 18,586
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 8 min Old Sam 3,439
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 9 min Adrian DeVine 28,498
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 10 min Old Sam 25,821
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 45 min janice 145,180
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 1 hr Bill 236
Fergson Police Dept. 1 hr CNN Don Queer Lemon 364
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••