Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 2,805)

Showing posts 56,081 - 56,100 of111,977
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope not a liar. Newton was called a Nicodemite for good reason. He lived with the threat of violating The Blasphemy Act of 1697.
Blasphemy?
He was a christian who was not satisfied with the church of England.
He thought that the church was not really following the right biblical doctrines.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Deflecting?
Deflecting what?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles, it's been proven that there was NO Adam and Eve.
You have been saying that, it is not today.
Where you or they born at the time of that event?
Are you or they in a better position to give the true position of things?
Carbon dating, radiometric dating, etc, are all man made materials, that is subject to probable accuracy( probability).
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have been saying that, it is not today.
Carbon dating, radiometric dating, etc, are all man made materials, that is subject to probable accuracy( probability).
The scientific Adam and Eve are just labels given to the male and female universal common ancestor to everyone alive today. They existed thousands of years apart from each other and if you were making a comment that anyone could understand, they'd undoubtedly counter your lack of logic by simply saying that there is no absolute proof possible for events in prehistory, AND that your inevitable rebuttal would be yet another demand that advocates for Evolution prove the Bible wrong. That isn't anyone's responsibility.

Even centuries from now, no one is going to give a toot about your non-sequiturs regarding the origin of the English language, the divine authority of the queen of England, biblical explanations of the nature of dark skinned people, or trivial inconsistencies in the fossil record that you demand justifies complete authenticity of the story of the great flood.

You're not even providing insights into a symbolic interpretation of the Bible and I absolutely refuse to read one line of that book of slop so you can attempt to claim any kind of evangelical victory. Your religion is complete garbage.

My take: You're a liar, just another in a long history of people who think they don't have to play by the same rules that they demand others play by. GOT THAT? I doubt it, but either way, you'll just try again and hope to wear people down.

There is no way that any leadership effort will come to anything other than failure once they go down that path. You've obviously already decided that your image is far more important than any form of truth. You're already on the path to failure. I don't have a moment to spend on your @#$@$ pride.

Open your gop and tell the truth or shut up and stop trying to wave your fairy wand around until your ignorant and arrogant statements are forgotten! Don't bother playing the martyr because when you don't tell the truth, you don't earn diddly in sympathy. In fact, you've already done about everything you can to reinforce my opinion that ALL politically obsessed apes need to be heinously crushed as a warning to the next generation. Was that was part of the game plan?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have been saying that, it is not today.
Sorry Charlie...facts are facts and no matter how much you deny them they are true.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Stella is Latin
Mikey got hit on the head by a meteorite with the face of Jesus in it.

Which is actually still more sane than Wolvie's Bigfoot or Chuck's... well, anything.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I guess thats your story and you're sticken to it, The lord knows I can't change.
Don't worry, He still loves you anyway Mikey, even though He did make you dumb.

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was a worldwide flood there would have been evidence of it. We have evidence of smaller local floods of different sorts and different times. So why isn't there any evidence of a worldwide flood?
People throughout the world have all sorts of delusional beliefs that they have no evidence for. Would you believe the delusional beliefs of a Hindu about Rama? How about those of a Muslim and what he thinks Allah did? Why should anyone in the world share your delusional beliefs Free?
As far as evidence, what are you looking for, pieces of the ark?

Why would you be looking for evidence of what you say is a delusion?

Why not just ignore it?, any rational person would!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikey got hit on the head by a meteorite with the face of Jesus in it.
Which is actually still more sane than Wolvie's Bigfoot or Chuck's... well, anything.
Pardon me if I fell asleep on the turnip truck, but I surely thought Latin came from Italy.....

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The scientific Adam and Eve are just labels given to the male and female universal common ancestor to everyone alive today. They existed thousands of years apart from each other and if you were making a comment that anyone could understand, they'd undoubtedly counter your lack of logic by simply saying that there is no absolute proof possible for events in prehistory, AND that your inevitable rebuttal would be yet another demand that advocates for Evolution prove the Bible wrong. That isn't anyone's responsibility.
Even centuries from now, no one is going to give a toot about your non-sequiturs regarding the origin of the English language, the divine authority of the queen of England, biblical explanations of the nature of dark skinned people, or trivial inconsistencies in the fossil record that you demand justifies complete authenticity of the story of the great flood.
You're not even providing insights into a symbolic interpretation of the Bible and I absolutely refuse to read one line of that book of slop so you can attempt to claim any kind of evangelical victory. Your religion is complete garbage.
My take: You're a liar, just another in a long history of people who think they don't have to play by the same rules that they demand others play by. GOT THAT? I doubt it, but either way, you'll just try again and hope to wear people down.
There is no way that any leadership effort will come to anything other than failure once they go down that path. You've obviously already decided that your image is far more important than any form of truth. You're already on the path to failure. I don't have a moment to spend on your @#$@$ pride.
Open your gop and tell the truth or shut up and stop trying to wave your fairy wand around until your ignorant and arrogant statements are forgotten! Don't bother playing the martyr because when you don't tell the truth, you don't earn diddly in sympathy. In fact, you've already done about everything you can to reinforce my opinion that ALL politically obsessed apes need to be heinously crushed as a warning to the next generation. Was that was part of the game plan?
Hogwash!!!
Your hatred for christianity will take you no where.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as evidence, what are you looking for, pieces of the ark?
Why would you be looking for evidence of what you say is a delusion?
Why not just ignore it?, any rational person would!
I would ignore it, like I ignore other myths, but there are certain idiots that claim it is real. I point out the obvious and am waiting for their evidence. This is one case where lack of evidence of an event is evidence that the event never took place.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Charlie...facts are facts and no matter how much you deny them they are true.
I am not denying any thing, but objective. What do the earlier people stand to gain for telling lies?
What price were/ are they going to get for lying?
So, i do not see any anomalies there. They wrote down what they saw or they wrote down, what was passed to them.
So, they are in better position to tell the truth, than us.
We were not there, but they were.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Pardon me if I fell asleep on the turnip truck, but I surely thought Latin came from Italy.....
Can't we be mean and pedantic? We usually are.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am not denying any thing, but objective. What do the earlier people stand to gain for telling lies?
So, i do not see any anomalies there. They wrote down what they saw or they wrote down, what was passed to them.
The people you talk about were NOT there either Charles. The Genesis chapter was written around 500-600 BC. Most people in the Christian religion believe that the earth was created around 4000-4050 BC and there were NO human eyewitnesses.

So the people who wrote the stories down were not telling lies necessarily, they were passing along the old myths. They had no way of telling that the earth was 4.5 billion years old and that their, way way back, ancestors were kinda' ape-like.

The people who wrote Genesis just told a story that the people of the time could understand. Stories that were passed around the campfire when they were out herding sheep or goats.

They didn't have the science to determine that way back 40,000 years ago their ancestors mated with pre-human Neanderthals, or that Waaaaay back orders of magnitude ago, their basic ancestor was something that looked uncomfortably like a monkey.

We have the technology now Charles. We can follow blood/gene lines, we can date those lines and we can determine that the whole of humanity came from Africa and OUR modern ancestors started out 200,000 years ago. The lines of evidence are irrefutable and accepted by mainline science all over the globe.

Now can you tell me how there can still be a true Adam and Eve as the Bible describes, that lived some 6,000 years ago??

Remember that the BIG evidence for this is essentially the same as they use to send criminals to prison or to the death chamber. Also used to release people from prison who were wrongly convicted.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am not denying any thing, but objective. What do the earlier people stand to gain for telling lies?
Your obedience. And money.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Blasphemy?
He was a christian who was not satisfied with the church of England.
He thought that the church was not really following the right biblical doctrines.
Of course he wasn't. In his investigation of scripture and nature he was unsatisfied. His interpretations of Jesus was idol worship. I wonder how much of him being a Christian was just a front to avoid punishment from the power vested in the church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Deflecting what?
That... If you weren't blind you could see.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>I am not denying any thing, but objective. What do the earlier people stand to gain for telling lies?
Constantine. Without him unification and relevance of Christianity doesn't happen. It was a political move with a touch of him taking Pascal's wager.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Hogwash!!!
Your hatred for christianity will take you no where.
Nor will the love of Christianity. The good merits or ill will of a person need not be described by scripture or declared by self appointed spokesmen for imaginary deities.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't we be mean and pedantic? We usually are.
No and yes and yes you are.....On second thought carry on*

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,081 - 56,100 of111,977
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

169 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I read the news today, oh boy (Jun '10) 6 min Spirit67_ 817
what are you wearing? (Mar '12) 7 min Spirit67_ 178
What's That Word Mean To You????????????????????? (Jan '13) 7 min madam sin 2,514
what are you eatin'? (Mar '13) 8 min sissy 2,357
Post "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Jul '12) 8 min Velvet MJK 2,784
Word Association (Jun '10) 11 min Spirit67_ 25,855
Word Association. (Nov '10) 12 min Spirit67_ 16,559
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 37 min CJ Rocker 140,569
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr tora tora tora 34,790
How to become Unbannable 5 hr Chilli J 93
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••