Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
56,021 - 56,040 of 113,240 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to accept a dose of reality?
When you don't have one.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I love it when you correct your so called "typos." Your revisions still don't make any sense. I don't even know why you do it.
Back off!!!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

NikkiShae wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a heretic. He saw the truth that was setting him free from the imaginary cure to an imaginary disease.
Liar. That qualities is not far from you.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>THINK! Is Assyria centered in Mesopotania and isn't the biblical land of Shinar in a plain in Mesopotania? Didn't the Assyrian empire hold the Canaanites captive for 100 years in the Caucasus mountains?
Language predates that

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible has not been shown to be wrong many times at all. It is only cretins that want to mine quote and think they know it all that just such a thing.
Then show us a talking snake and donkey, please
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact the majority of the claims against the bible have been shown to be outdated.
So snakes started talking?
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
People laughed at the bibles suggestion that the moon was created after the earth. That was up until these bright ones found evidence that indeed the moon was created after the earth.
Nobody laughed at the suggestion. The moon was created after the earth and another planet collided
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there was all the woffle about how can plants live without sunlight. Of course it has been found that plants do not need sunlight and any source of energy can support life, including the light and energy produced at the creation.
So are you claiming that plants do not need sunlight?

Do you have roses? Plnt one in a pot and bring it into your house. Tell us what happens
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible spoke to a universal beginning before modern science. Genesis was the first to speak of what may be found in the fossil record beginning with earth, plants, animals then mankind. In fact the only two kinds that are out of order are birds and whales and the nested hierarchoes of these are a mess.
Wrong. You simply are uneducated. Bird evolution is very well understood. Whale evolution had a lineage falsified. We know a lot more today than 60 years ago.
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I can present research, from evo researchers BTW, that have found bird footprints dated to 212mya and more than halfway back to the devonian
Rubbish. I know the 'research' you speak of and it is hogwash.
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I can present research, from evo researchers, that date a recent basilosaurus to 49mya and predates Indohyus.
No, you can not
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Many biblical structures not accepted have been found. Parts of the NT have been found dated to the 1st century AD refuting a heck of a lot of the woffle the intelligencia and all their ramblings previously put forth.
So? Stephen King refers to the State of Maine a lot. Becuase Maine exists, you want to argue that his writings are factual?
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Homology is not more than pick a box of triats that suit. For over 150 years the bones in human wrists 'proved' mankind evolved from a knuckle walker. This was refuted on the back of one single fossil find in Ardi.
Wrong conclusion drawn
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
The same goes for dna comparisons.
Some organism had to be closer to man than another. Terms like deletions of huge chunks of genomic material, insertions, recombinations, multiplications, gentic and morphological homoplasy, convergent evolution etc etc, are all terms that speak to the vast differences between human and chimp dna. More recently it has been found that the expression differs by a whopping 80%.
Oh really?

The farther species are from us on the evolutionary tree, the farther the differ in terms of DNA comparisons. Do you wish to argue that this is coincidence?
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact that bothers creationists is that evos are evotards when they suggest that TOE is supported by more than hand waving.
That's their (and your opinion). Luckily, we don't need their (nor your) opinion. We ignore it the same way we would ignore the opinions of a janitor, a crack whore, or a three year old child
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Language predates that
The language of the Hebrews is distinct enough to be the oldest. Think outside of the box! It's all I'm asking...*HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE*

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The language of the Hebrews is distinct enough to be the oldest. Think outside of the box! It's all I'm asking...*HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE*
"Distinct enough"?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
I believe the oldest language may be Hebrew and it was once known as the language of Canaan. One of the oldest writings in Hebrew is in that language and it is on the Moabite Stone. Babylon and the Assyrian empire played a great part in the history of ancient Hebrew.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_language...
Lists languages with written samples 2000 years before Hebrew, some few are

Seminarian
Egyptian
Hittite
Greek
Old Chinese

These excluded the proto literate Kish tablet from more than 2500 years before Hebrew writing and the evidence of the symbolic writing that dates back to the Neolithic Age

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_writi...

The Hebrew language did not begin to develop until early in the 1st millennium BC and the Moabite Stone is dated around 100 year later

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The language of the Hebrews is distinct enough to be the oldest. Think outside of the box! It's all I'm asking...*HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE*
Ahh the old “Think outside the box” ploy

You mean never mind facts, everyone should all accept what you say.

Sorry, Life doesn’t work like that
CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
"Distinct enough"?
Good start for the Aussies, no Watson though!

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Good start for the Aussies, no Watson though!
224 off 243 balls. Simply staggering.

Fourth double ton this year... Clarke is somesthing special
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
Oh really?
The farther species are from us on the evolutionary tree, the farther the differ in terms of DNA comparisons. Do you wish to argue that this is coincidence?
He's talking about datasets of larger genetic groups within the genome, which when measured that way leads to something like his figure of 80%. It's a different way of measurement and creationists dishonestly use that figure to claim that chimps aren't actually as closely related as we thought, but when goes for a straight base-for-base comparison it does match to around 98%. Either way it still means the most similar genome to humans is that of chimps,*and* it is consistent with nested hierarches found across comparative anatomy, fossil record, DNA *and* orthologous ERV's.

In other words, reality AIN'T what he wishes it to be. Now if only morphological hierarchies and DNA hierarchies didn't have to match...

:-(
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Hey MAZ! Got yourself a "scientific theory" of IDC yet?

Didn't think so.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh the old &#8220;Think outside the box&#8221; ploy
You mean never mind facts, everyone should all accept what you say.
Sorry, Life doesn&#8217;t work like that
I believe that Noah may have spoke Canaanite because his son Ham is the father of Canaan. Read GENESIS 9:18.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

MazHere wrote:
TOE is based on the philosophical assumption that all life arose without the hand of God. From here theist evolutionists throw in their slant.
Hence, it does not matter if we are 99% the same as a chimp or 99% different, it does not matter if all our dna is functional or 98% is junk. It does not matter if one single finding can over turn the current thinking of the day, because evolutionists come from the standpoint that evolution must be true and they will interpret any data from an evolutionary base.
Really? Because this is *you* saying evidence doesn't matter.
MazHere wrote:
Evolutionists have made many claims that have been refuted.
Well no-one's refuted this yet:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
MazHere wrote:
I, personally don't really care how God created.
Exactly, yes, I've already agreed with you that evidence does not matter to you. A God(s) may or may not exist. Either way, unlike I can with evolution, you can't even demonstrate that such a thing exists, much less how it did whatever it is you think it did, which apparently you don't even know, or care, because you just said so.

But if there is a God, it used evolution.

Sorry if you don't like it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that
We still don't care Mikey.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

The Canaanite word EMA or MOM or MAMA is vaguely seen today in most all languages refering to mother. My father called his mother Maw and she called her mother Mama and she was American Indian. Just sayin ;).
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

TJMonk wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow...science supports scriptures. If there is doubt...then faith must preside.
So what you're saying is you can't back up your claims, and you can't address our rebuttals when we point out your errors because in the end evidence doesn't matter to you. Gotcha.

Fundies always shoot themselves in the foot...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Russell wrote:
Now children remember, nothing, when left to itself turns into everything. This is how everything 'evolved' isn't it?? Oh don't forget, hydrogen, when left long enough turns into people. If you believe that you have great faith. Evolution is a religious faith - a substitute for Christianity. There is not one shred of evidence for evolution. Just lots of blind faith. Science has always supported what the Bible says about our origins, and other things. Gasp, stretch.. Has anything jumped out of the blender? Remember?? We did an experiment to see if life would jump out of a soup made up of amino acids, enzymes, proteins etc. All right I'll not keep you in suspense any longer. The answer is.... no! Life will not jump out of the chemical soup. Sorry for the disappointment. Life can only come from life:
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now which smartypants can tell me the reference for this bible verse??
O HAI RUSS! I see you're still repeating fallacious refuted claims, lying and going for the Gish Gallop. And that's just the other thread.

Got a "scientific theory" for GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC yet?

Thought so.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
We still don't care Mikey.
Well at least you read three words of my post......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

151 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min Word Woman 15,857
What's that in your hand? (Jul '13) 4 min night machine 54
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 5 min Old Sam 1,125
Word goes to the Movies (Nov '08) 6 min cjt12 13,995
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 6 min Old Sam 13,078
The letter E (Jun '13) 8 min Old Sam 854
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 8 min cjt12 2,035
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min Mister_ E 141,681
Message to Obama 37 min Cant do it 766