Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59970 Nov 22, 2012
The Canaanite word EMA or MOM or MAMA is vaguely seen today in most all languages refering to mother. My father called his mother Maw and she called her mother Mama and she was American Indian. Just sayin ;).
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#59971 Nov 22, 2012
TJMonk wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow...science supports scriptures. If there is doubt...then faith must preside.
So what you're saying is you can't back up your claims, and you can't address our rebuttals when we point out your errors because in the end evidence doesn't matter to you. Gotcha.

Fundies always shoot themselves in the foot...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#59972 Nov 22, 2012
Russell wrote:
Now children remember, nothing, when left to itself turns into everything. This is how everything 'evolved' isn't it?? Oh don't forget, hydrogen, when left long enough turns into people. If you believe that you have great faith. Evolution is a religious faith - a substitute for Christianity. There is not one shred of evidence for evolution. Just lots of blind faith. Science has always supported what the Bible says about our origins, and other things. Gasp, stretch.. Has anything jumped out of the blender? Remember?? We did an experiment to see if life would jump out of a soup made up of amino acids, enzymes, proteins etc. All right I'll not keep you in suspense any longer. The answer is.... no! Life will not jump out of the chemical soup. Sorry for the disappointment. Life can only come from life:
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now which smartypants can tell me the reference for this bible verse??
O HAI RUSS! I see you're still repeating fallacious refuted claims, lying and going for the Gish Gallop. And that's just the other thread.

Got a "scientific theory" for GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC yet?

Thought so.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59973 Nov 22, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
We still don't care Mikey.
Well at least you read three words of my post......

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#59974 Nov 22, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is no correlation what so ever.
This is just a false accusation, from the scriptures.

You are suggesting the scriptures bear false witness!?!?\

Blasphemy!

John 8:44 judges you.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#59975 Nov 22, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
He's talking about datasets of larger genetic groups within the genome, which when measured that way leads to something like his figure of 80%. It's a different way of measurement and creationists dishonestly use that figure to claim that chimps aren't actually as closely related as we thought, but when goes for a straight base-for-base comparison it does match to around 98%. Either way it still means the most similar genome to humans is that of chimps,*and* it is consistent with nested hierarches found across comparative anatomy, fossil record, DNA *and* orthologous ERV's.
In other words, reality AIN'T what he wishes it to be. Now if only morphological hierarchies and DNA hierarchies didn't have to match...
:-(
Yo Dude.

How's it hanging?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#59976 Nov 22, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that Noah may have spoke Canaanite because his son Ham is the father of Canaan. Read GENESIS 9:18.
What you “believe” is irrelevant. Forget personalities for which there is no evidence, lets concentrate on actual languages for which there is evidence.

The Canaanite language developed around 3500 years ago and is the root of several other languages. Hebrew is a development of Canaanite that began to be used more than 500 years later.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59977 Nov 22, 2012
My mother called her mother MAMA and she was American Indian. I think most all languages have kinship with Hebrew.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#59978 Nov 22, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
My mother called her mother MAMA and she was American Indian. I think most all languages have kinship with Hebrew.
Hebrew is not Canaanite. Just as English is developed from old German and other languages so Hebrew developed from Canaanite

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59979 Nov 22, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are suggesting the scriptures bear false witness!?!?\
Blasphemy!
John 8:44 judges you.
No. But you are using the bible to bear false witness.
Your use of that scripture is unjustified.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#59980 Nov 22, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The proverbial "first word" of an infant often sounds like "ma" or "mama". This strong association of that sound with "mother" has persisted in nearly every language on earth, countering the natural localization of language.

Familiar or colloquial terms for mother in English are:
Mom and mommy are used in the United States, Canada, South Africa, Philippines, and India.
Mum and mummy are used in the United Kingdom, Canada, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Hong Kong and Ireland.

Ma, mam, and mammy are used in Netherlands, Ireland, the Northern areas of the United Kingdom, and Wales; it is also used in some areas of the United States.

In many other languages, similar pronunciations apply:
Maa, aai, amma, and mata are used in India
Mamá, mama, ma, and mami in Spanish
Mama in Polish, German, Russian and Slovak
M&#257;ma (&#22920;&#22920;/ &#23229;&#23229;) in Chinese
Máma in Czech and in Ukrainian
Maman in French and Persian
Ma, mama in Indonesian
Mamma in Italian, Icelandic, Latvian and Swedish
Mamăe or măe in Portuguese
M&#257;&#771; (&#2606;&#2622;&#2 562;) in Punjabi
Mama in Swahili
Em (&#1488;&#1501;) in Hebrew
Ima (&#1488;&#1502;&#1 488;) in Aramaic
Má or m&#7865; in Vietnamese
Mam in Welsh
Eomma (&#50628;&#47560;, pronounced [&#652;mma]) in Korean

In many south Asian cultures and the Middle East, the mother is known as amma, oma, ammi or "ummi", or variations thereof. Many times, these terms denote affection or a maternal role in a child's life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother

....and as it has been pointed out, many of the above languages are much older than Hebrew. It stands to reason, therefore that Hebrew picked up the term "em" (as shown above) from an earlier language.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#59981 Nov 22, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>No. But you are using the bible to bear false witness.
YEAH.

WATCH OUT, DOGEN, OR THE BIBLE POLICE WILL GET YOU!!!!

>8-(
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#59982 Nov 22, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Well at least you read three words of my post......
That's right, only the relevant stuff.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#59983 Nov 22, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Dude.
How's it hanging?
Usual. Loose and happy. I've still been here, just been eviscerating Russ's Gish Gallop on another thread. Take it there's been no revelations here?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#59984 Nov 22, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>No. But you are using the bible to bear false witness.
And why is your interpretation better? Well no reason at all actually. You're just another fundie who thinks his religious opinions are better than everyone else's. They ain't.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#59985 Nov 22, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>THINK! Is Assyria centered in Mesopotania and isn't the biblical land of Shinar in a plain in Mesopotania? Didn't the Assyrian empire hold the Canaanites captive for 100 years in the Caucasus mountains?
You are basing your information on a book of myths.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59986 Nov 22, 2012
My grandmothers name was Stella which is a very old American Indian word that means star and it has origins in northern Italy. Nimrod sent out colonizing fragments that must have reached here,because it is on record that he reached Italy.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#59987 Nov 22, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Liar. That qualities is not far from you.
Nope not a liar. Newton was called a Nicodemite for good reason. He lived with the threat of violating The Blasphemy Act of 1697.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59988 Nov 22, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The proverbial "first word" of an infant often sounds like "ma" or "mama". This strong association of that sound with "mother" has persisted in nearly every language on earth, countering the natural localization of language.
Familiar or colloquial terms for mother in English are:
Mom and mommy are used in the United States, Canada, South Africa, Philippines, and India.
Mum and mummy are used in the United Kingdom, Canada, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Hong Kong and Ireland.
Ma, mam, and mammy are used in Netherlands, Ireland, the Northern areas of the United Kingdom, and Wales; it is also used in some areas of the United States.
In many other languages, similar pronunciations apply:
Maa, aai, amma, and mata are used in India
Mamá, mama, ma, and mami in Spanish
Mama in Polish, German, Russian and Slovak
M&#257;ma (&#22920;&#22920;/ &#23229;&#23229;) in Chinese
Máma in Czech and in Ukrainian
Maman in French and Persian
Ma, mama in Indonesian
Mamma in Italian, Icelandic, Latvian and Swedish
Mamăe or măe in Portuguese
M&#257;&#771; (&#2606;&#2622;&#2 562;) in Punjabi
Mama in Swahili
Em (&#1488;&#1501;) in Hebrew
Ima (&#1488;&#1502;&#1 488;) in Aramaic
Má or m&#7865; in Vietnamese
Mam in Welsh
Eomma (&#50628;&#47560;, pronounced [&#652;mma]) in Korean
In many south Asian cultures and the Middle East, the mother is known as amma, oma, ammi or "ummi", or variations thereof. Many times, these terms denote affection or a maternal role in a child's life.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother
....and as it has been pointed out, many of the above languages are much older than Hebrew. It stands to reason, therefore that Hebrew picked up the term "em" (as shown above) from an earlier language.
All creatures may know the real first words that our Creator spoke to their ancesters then..

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#59989 Nov 22, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>When you don't have one.
Deflecting?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Top Deal Breakers in Relationships (Feb '13) 19 min SLY WEST 836
(Non Computer) Mouse issues HELP!! 25 min Grace Nerissa 43
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 27 min SLY WEST 2,662
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 37 min Grace Nerissa 36,601
Can you prove Santa isn't in the KFC chicken? 39 min SLY WEST 4
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 41 min Grace Nerissa 24,257
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr SLY WEST 147,642
I Like..... (Mar '14) 3 hr SLY WEST 376
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr -Lea- 21,356
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 6,370