Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59870 Nov 20, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
A "better understanding of".
Do modern Germans understand Old English?
Yes or no?
Yes.
Read the book, titled, " Old English Grammar ", by Cyril Babaev.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#59871 Nov 20, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Kellogg's.
Whoops

*Blush*

Level 5

#59872 Nov 20, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
Is the universe older than the earth?
Three times older, yes

Level 5

#59873 Nov 20, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
You could say "I don't know"...
But he knows.

The answer is yes. The Universe is older than the earth, much, much older

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#59874 Nov 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Mistake can happen any where, to any one.
Like what happened in my country recently. A man and the brother in law, went for hunting in the forest closer to their village, both of them parted ways, to get some bush animals, unfortunately, the man thought, he saw an antelope and he shot at it, only to find his brother in law, in his own pool of blood, now the man is in police custody, saying it was never intentional on his part.
But the law must take its cause.
What you did was not a mistake, you deliberately and without provocation blamed the death of a child during childbirth on it’s parents with no understanding of the circumstances, no understanding of the laws on slander, no care about how your abuse would hurt already grieving parents. You made that obnoxious statement simply because you believed it would bolster your claim, it backfired and you showed yourself for the type of callous,“god fearing” dickhead that you are.

No it was not a mistake, it was nothing but your own action, IGNORANCE and christian good will.

Then you make some unrelated excuse by saying some guy with a gun shot his brother? Big fooking deal, a new born baby does not carry a gun and most parents (morons like you excluded) would never consider shooting their child.

So we can assume from your rigid, goddidit so you must be right ignorance that you are not accepting responsibility for your slanderous accusation even though is it written on this very thread.

And chrurch leaders wonder why christianity is in decline. The answer is easy, there are hateful people like you advertising for satan.

Level 6

#59875 Nov 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Moron?
Any way, my un-reserved apology goes to every one and family i have one way or the other, offended.
God bless you, amen.
Cherry picking? I said “hypocritical moron”

Or perhaps you were questioning the meaning of the word

Moron : noun – A stupid person - A person of mild mental retardation

You call that an apology? You may “think”(and I use the word in the loosest possible sense) you know a lot but you certainly don’t know much about being human do you?

“Any way”– yeah well whatever, ho hum, Have you ever considered sincerity?

And you expect me to show them “One way or the other” and explain that you sincerely apologise? Jeessus fooking christ on a crutch only a funnymentalist godbot who thinks his god is on his side would say that

You accused them of murdering their child. No “other” involved,

Then you again threaten me with god and attempt to wash you hands of the whole thing amen. Your hatred knows no bounds, you master satan must really love you

Anyway I will show my friends your pathetic attempt at an apology and see if they consider it worthwhile praying for your disfigured soul.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#59876 Nov 21, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Surprisingly you shall die at 70 or 80 years....just another, another, another one who is forgotton from everyones memory....great hope eh? What you say means 0 tomorrow and especially, most especially when you are gone......WHO?
Nope, you are describing yourself. I have already left footprints in the stone, ones that do stand out, and I plan to leave more. It's amazing how much meaning you can give your life when you don't waste it stuck in a cave called religion.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59877 Nov 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is very correct.
The land of Babylon.
Thank you brother. I believe Hebrew may have been the original language. There are a few words that lead me to that conclusion, and one of them is the word for mother which is EMA in Hebrew. If you were to pronounce the word as MOM or MAMA 70% of the worlds people would know you were speaking of mother. God bless you my friend.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59878 Nov 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What you did was not a mistake, you deliberately and without provocation blamed the death of a child during childbirth on it’s parents with no understanding of the circumstances, no understanding of the laws on slander, no care about how your abuse would hurt already grieving parents. You made that obnoxious statement simply because you believed it would bolster your claim, it backfired and you showed yourself for the type of callous,“god fearing” dickhead that you are.
No it was not a mistake, it was nothing but your own action, IGNORANCE and christian good will.
Then you make some unrelated excuse by saying some guy with a gun shot his brother? Big fooking deal, a new born baby does not carry a gun and most parents (morons like you excluded) would never consider shooting their child.
So we can assume from your rigid, goddidit so you must be right ignorance that you are not accepting responsibility for your slanderous accusation even though is it written on this very thread.
And chrurch leaders wonder why christianity is in decline. The answer is easy, there are hateful people like you advertising for satan.
Are you ok now?
Next?

Level 2

Location hidden

#59879 Nov 21, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Cherry picking? I said “hypocritical moron”
Or perhaps you were questioning the meaning of the word
Moron : noun – A stupid person - A person of mild mental retardation
You call that an apology? You may “think”(and I use the word in the loosest possible sense) you know a lot but you certainly don’t know much about being human do you?
“Any way”– yeah well whatever, ho hum, Have you ever considered sincerity?
And you expect me to show them “One way or the other” and explain that you sincerely apologise? Jeessus fooking christ on a crutch only a funnymentalist godbot who thinks his god is on his side would say that
You accused them of murdering their child. No “other” involved,
Then you again threaten me with god and attempt to wash you hands of the whole thing amen. Your hatred knows no bounds, you master satan must really love you
Anyway I will show my friends your pathetic attempt at an apology and see if they consider it worthwhile praying for your disfigured soul.
Is that all?
Any way, my un-reserved apologies to the parents.
May God continue to see you through, amen.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59880 Nov 21, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you brother. I believe Hebrew may have been the original language. There are a few words that lead me to that conclusion, and one of them is the word for mother which is EMA in Hebrew. If you were to pronounce the word as MOM or MAMA 70% of the worlds people would know you were speaking of mother. God bless you my friend.
And also with you, God bless.

Level 6

#59881 Nov 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you ok now?
Next?
Honey the last time I got upset was when your buddy christians tried to kill me, you hypocritical moron

And you attempt at sarcasm is nothing more than a sad and failed attempt

Level 6

#59882 Nov 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Is that all?
Any way, my un-reserved apologies to the parents.
May God continue to see you through, amen.
Another sad and failed attempt at sarcasm

How long have you been worshipping satan?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#59883 Nov 21, 2012
Where is the evidence that, as you have claimed, modern Germans can *understand* Old English?
Charles Idemi wrote:
My position still stands, old English, is closer to modern German than modern English.
You're trying to change the subject in order to avoid admitting that you were wrong.
Charles Idemi wrote:
So, by this, the Germans will have a better understanding or idea of old English than modern English.
In other words, you're backpedaling from your claim that Germans can "understand" Old English. Yeah, we get that. You lost the debate.

Tampa, FL

#59884 Nov 21, 2012
Do modern Germans understand Old English?
Yes or no?
Charles Idemi wrote:
Yes.
Then prove it.

Tampa, FL

#59885 Nov 21, 2012
Yes or no: Do modern Germans understand Old English?
If you were to give a paragraph written in Old English to a modern German, could they translate it into modern German? Without any help?
Yes or no?
Charles Idemi wrote:
That question is irrelevant.
It's completely relevant, since that is what is meant by someone being able to understand a language.

If you refuse to answer that very relevant question, then we know that you have admitting that your original claim was in error.

Tampa, FL

#59886 Nov 21, 2012
Why are you backpedaling from "understand" to "have an idea"?
Is it because you realize that you cannot support your claim that modern Germans understand Old English?
Charles Idemi wrote:
You are the one moving the goal post.
I'm not the one here trying to distance himself from his own claim.

You claimed that Germans could understand Old English.

Now you're trying to pretend you never claimed that.

You lost.

Tampa, FL

#59887 Nov 21, 2012
Do modern Germans *understand* Old English or not? Yes or no?
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Complete my statement!
Yes, they understand more of old English than modern English.
Your complete original statement was that Germans could understand Old English.

When you realized that you could not defend your claim, you decided to pretend that you claimed something entirely different.

We get that.

Tampa, FL

#59888 Nov 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
That has been settled.
It is a registered name. I was looking at words like, encyclopaedia , etc.
It doesn't matter whether or not "Wikipedia" was a "registered" name. What matters is that it is a *proper* name.

So you're admitting that you were wrong?

Tampa, FL

#59889 Nov 21, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
The Germans do understand old English as compared to modern English.
That wasn't your original claim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 4 min Harrison Freebird 1,540
How Long Have You Won in "Last Post Wins" thread? (Jan '09) 5 min Concerned_American 6,814
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 6 min American Werewolves 4,315
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 6 min Independent1 67
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 9 min Chinese Proverb 2,856
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Sublime1 152,394
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 13 min American Werewolves 132
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr _Evil-_-Bill_ 107
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Mega Monster 37,721
More from around the web