Evolution vs. Creation

Jan 6, 2011 Read more: Best of New Orleans 160,183
High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#59738 Nov 19, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
TJ, you have no idea what science is or how it is done. All you have is pathetic insults and arguments from ignorance. Worse yet when someone offers to help you all you can do is to insult them. You must have a really pathetic life. I am almost sorry for you.
To further the discussion that has nothing to do with creation or evolution...I was just wondering what could be a more pathetic insult than to literally say "you must have a pathetic life" that, by defintion and description would appear to be a 'pathetic' insult. It includes the 'pathetic' as an adjective. here are some more "pathetic" insults.
"You must have a pathetic dog with a pathetic bone that lives in a pathetic dog house and sleeps in the pathetic pm and wakes up in the pathetic am and then runs at a pathetic pace while you try to catch up with him at an even patheticker pace. so yeah...pathetic."

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#59739 Nov 19, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought dinosaurs were too big to fit onto the ark.
Noah had to wash them in hot water first , so they would all shrink
to fit.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#59740 Nov 19, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
To further the discussion that has nothing to do with creation or evolution...I was just wondering what could be a more pathetic insult than to literally say "you must have a pathetic life" that, by defintion and description would appear to be a 'pathetic' insult. It includes the 'pathetic' as an adjective. here are some more "pathetic" insults.
"You must have a pathetic dog with a pathetic bone that lives in a pathetic dog house and sleeps in the pathetic pm and wakes up in the pathetic am and then runs at a pathetic pace while you try to catch up with him at an even patheticker pace. so yeah...pathetic."
Creatards are not worth the work of a good insult.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59742 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
You didn't provide any evidence. The fact that Old English was closer grammatically to German and Icelandic than to Modern English is not evidence that modern Germans can understand Old English.
Where is your evidence that modern Germans can understand Old English? We're still waiting.
<quoted text>
No, that is what we call "an accurate assessment of your fallacious argument".
<quoted text>
So we've gone from "Modern Germans understand Old English" to "Modern Germans have an idea on Old English". I do love to watch you backpedal when you get caught in a lie.
The on set of the argument, were on the origin of the English language. You said it was the Angles and Saxons, and i am telling you that, it was when they are arrived at England, they finally became the English. So, English is more of England than any where is.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59743 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
You didn't provide any evidence. The fact that Old English was closer grammatically to German and Icelandic than to Modern English is not evidence that modern Germans can understand Old English.
Where is your evidence that modern Germans can understand Old English? We're still waiting.
<quoted text>
No, that is what we call "an accurate assessment of your fallacious argument".
<quoted text>
So we've gone from "Modern Germans understand Old English" to "Modern Germans have an idea on Old English". I do love to watch you backpedal when you get caught in a lie.
I am still saying the same thing. My stand is that, modern German understand or have an idea of old English than modern English, which is true.
You are wrong in every aspect.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59744 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? When exactly did I say that? Please identify the posting.
So, if they are not similar. They are similar to what?

Level 2

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#59745 Nov 19, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you are just an idiot who has no idea what science is.
Do you need to know where air came from? I do. It is not that hard of a question do answer.
FREAKSHOW.....don't you know ass--hole....science comes from creation?????????? Freakshows like you spring up from city refuse dumps.....Just su-ck a hard one to relax....I win FREAK

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59746 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? When exactly did I say that? Please identify the posting.
Again, if they are not related, according to sources, they are related to old Frisian, German and Icelandic, etc, than modern English.
So, old English is more of German than modern English. Period.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59747 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? When exactly did I say that? Please identify the posting.
Lastly, if according to researches, history and sources( the internet), modern English is a language evolving or developing from many European languages, but the language came as a single language, to became one unique language, which is unique to England( the English people).

Level 2

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#59748 Nov 19, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Again, if they are not related, according to sources, they are related to old Frisian, German and Icelandic, etc, than modern English.
So, old English is more of German than modern English. Period.
FREAKSHOW...why are you here? Who really cares about what you are saying? Take your FREAKSHOW elsewhere......

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59749 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Whether you like it or not, the Angles and Saxons spoke the same language on their boats that they spoke right after they got off their boats.
Now, provide the evidence to support your claim that modern Germans can understand Old English.
We're *still* waiting.
<quoted text>
Gee, maybe that has something to do with the idea that "English people" means "people from England".(It doesn't say whether or not such people speak the English language.)
But now, you're trying to avoid your error, which I'll point out again: Now, provide the evidence to support your claim that modern Germans can understand Old English.
We're *still* waiting.
You are the one who is funny, Dude.
Old English is more closer to modern German than modern English. So, that means, the Germans can understand more of old English than modern English. You are wrong again.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59750 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Whether you like it or not, the Angles and Saxons spoke the same language on their boats that they spoke right after they got off their boats.
Now, provide the evidence to support your claim that modern Germans can understand Old English.
We're *still* waiting.
<quoted text>
Gee, maybe that has something to do with the idea that "English people" means "people from England".(It doesn't say whether or not such people speak the English language.)
But now, you're trying to avoid your error, which I'll point out again: Now, provide the evidence to support your claim that modern Germans can understand Old English.
We're *still* waiting.
The Saxons and the Angles, spoke old English. That English is not the same as modern English.
So, that old English is more of German than modern English.
By this, the Germans can understand old English spoken by the Angles and Saxons.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59751 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Charles seems to think that speakers of *modern* German can understand Old English.
<quoted text>
No, it's false. You've provided no evidence to support its being true.
<quoted text>
Wikipedia (learn to spell it and capitalize it correctly, Charles) doesn't say that modern Germans can understand Old English.
Why do you lie about this?
Before you open that mouth of yours to insult something, you do your research!
" Wikipaedia ", is correct.
That is, British English.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59752 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Charles seems to think that speakers of *modern* German can understand Old English.
<quoted text>
No, it's false. You've provided no evidence to support its being true.
<quoted text>
Wikipedia (learn to spell it and capitalize it correctly, Charles) doesn't say that modern Germans can understand Old English.
Why do you lie about this?
I stand on my word.
Again, the word, Wikipaedia is very very correct.
Do your research on British and American spelling. My only error, was on capitalisation( US = capitalization).

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#59753 Nov 20, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 24:34 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
And yet that generation, and many since, did...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#59754 Nov 20, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stupid or just insane? Where does air come from? Water, our most important ingredient? The more you learn about our home...the dumber you become. Move to Mars and see what you are missing. We are on the only planet suitable for living on (in our known solar system). I must say that this site is dedicated to stupid people. Reading your posts indicates that you are just a ignorant Freakshow.
Well, stars, like our sun, die. This matter that is spewed from their deaths consists of water, air, and a lot of other really important particles that are needed for life.

Do you have any more elementary school level questions?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#59755 Nov 20, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Before you open that mouth of yours to insult something, you do your research!
" Wikipaedia ", is correct.
That is, British English.
No.

"Wikipedia" is a proper noun, coined by a couple of Nupedia types back in 2000.

They invented it, they can spell it any way they want - much as the creators of Krispy Kreme can.

And since Wiki is American, the spelling's acceptable anyway.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#59756 Nov 20, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
FREAKSHOW...why are you here? Who really cares about what you are saying? Take your FREAKSHOW elsewhere......
Off your medicine again, eh? You should try to make friends. Dogan is into pharmaceuticals, if I remember correctly. I pity him if that's the case! Those people live an assembly line life, put up with obnoxious people in the medical profession and are expected to be constantly perfect!

Technical experts should unionize and put some teeth back into collective bargaining! When Reagan shafted the airline pilots, he brought down Western Civilization. It's too late now. All we have are money grubbers playing king of the hill.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59757 Nov 20, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
FREAKSHOW...why are you here? Who really cares about what you are saying? Take your FREAKSHOW elsewhere......
Brat...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59758 Nov 20, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No.
"Wikipedia" is a proper noun, coined by a couple of Nupedia types back in 2000.
They invented it, they can spell it any way they want - much as the creators of Krispy Kreme can.
And since Wiki is American, the spelling's acceptable anyway.
Is Wikipaedia wrong, yes or no?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min DILF 10,634
Things that make life eaiser... 4 min DILF 19
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 5 min DILF 7,927
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 5 min Krypteia 31,749
News Man says he put rifle-toting statue near gas st... 6 min DILF 3
A six word game (Dec '08) 6 min Cyan in CA 18,274
Word association (Jun '07) 7 min DILF 2,794
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 12 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 40,188
motorcycle traveling stories 1 hr Mega Monster 511
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Times are a Changing 161,120
News Watch the bizarre moment when Scott Disick SHAV... 5 hr Joyeno 13
More from around the web