Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59683 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Where is your evidence that modern Germans can understand Old English? We're still waiting.
<quoted text>
No, it said that it was closer to "modern German and Icelandic" in "most respects".
<quoted text>
You're engaged in a red herring. The issue wasn't whether Old English was Germanic (or even whether it was "more Germanic" than any other particular language), but whether or not modern Germans could understand Old English.
Provide the evidence to support your claim that modern Germans can understand Old English.
We're *still* waiting.
Lastly, it was stated, though you refused to admit that.
Old English is more of modern German and Icelandic than modern English in most respect.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#59684 Nov 19, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I can not believe that our Creator wanted Adam and Eve to disobey him and eat something that would eventually kill them and bring death into the world. I believe God knew from the moment they choose to disregard his word and believe a lie, that he would have to send Jesus to go to the cross to redeem mankind. Jesus is the fulfillment of the way to the tree of life and whoever takes of it can live forever in the kingdom of Heaven. We inherit the penalties of suffering and death from Adam but we can inherit life evelasting through Jesus. We can not do everything our fleshly bodies desire for us, because to do so will lead us away from God and the commands of Jesus to repent and turn fom all manner of sin. Sin and this world will seperate us from God if we put too much hope in it. If we turn from wrongdoings, then Jesus can forgive us and accept us and come into our hearts and give us a new life where we have great hope in him and not this fleshly body or this world, but the New Heaven and the New Earth that God has promised for our inheritance if we believe and follow King Jesus.

So we should go to you whenever we want to know the mind of "God". Thanks for the deception and give our regards to your master Satan.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#59685 Nov 19, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Jesus said God is a spirit and we make a choice to worship him in spirit and in truth. Jesus is the way the truth and the life and no one can come unto the father but by the Son. Our Creator gave all people free will and he is a spirit and we have flesh and blood bodies, but Jesus knows exactly who we are and what we are like because he lived on this earth in the fleshly body and was tempted as we are but resisted all manner of sin. If we choose to follow Jesus we are following a person who is worthy to trust and believe. Men can be liars knowingly and unknowingly, but God can not lie.

Men can be liars knowingly and unknowingly, but God can not lie.

And you get your information from a source other than God.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59686 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
But not speakers of any *modern* language.
Charles seems to think that speakers of *modern* German can understand Old English.
Ofcourse, i said that.
That ofcourse, is true.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#59687 Nov 19, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus never said that he himself knew the day of his returning.

Matthew 24:34 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#59688 Nov 19, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have evidence in stone that our Creator foresaw the plan of salvation.

Can you link us to a .jpg of it?

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#59689 Nov 19, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Dogen,
Do you notice that 'MazHere' is acting like and using the same materials as many of the other recent posters on the Evo Debate Forums? I think there's a school somewhere that's training creotards. At least 2 of them are from Australia. I have heard that there's a particularly rabid bunch of fundamentalists around Adelaide
What MazHere is using is called supporting ones opinion with twoddle from your own evolutionary researchers.

Does everyone notice that this evoretard appears to think his opinion outweighs my ability to support my castration of TOE and highlight its many warts.

Sorry champ. You need to mature to the point where you understand what supporting ones opinion actually looks like.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59690 Nov 19, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you bringing humans into this?
The questions I had were concerning God creating Satan.
Did not God know what his own creation would do?
Or did god purposefully introduce such an evil into the world?
God created Lucifer just like God created humans.
But Lucifer due to his pride, became rebellious, and was casted down to the earth, from there, he became satan.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#59691 Nov 19, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You qualities vividly outlined. That is generous of you.
Project much?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#59692 Nov 19, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am already aware of that. Thanks to history and the internet.
Oh are you? You never come across as though you are aware of anything except your god book and accusing christians of child murder.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59693 Nov 19, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you bringing humans into this?
The questions I had were concerning God creating Satan.
Did not God know what his own creation would do?
Or did god purposefully introduce such an evil into the world?
God created all living beings, to be independent of their self. These independence, led Lucifer( later satan) to rebel against God.
This is also similar to human. A child can kill his or her own parents, due to rebellion.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#59694 Nov 19, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 24:34 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
How was that 'Generation' described??? It was a rebellious one... what else???

Level 2

Location hidden

#59695 Nov 19, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you take the Garden of Eden story literally. And now you have to come up with fanciful apologetics to try to explain inconsistencies with the Adam and Eve story.
Now if you think of the Garden of Eden story as a child to adult "coming of age" allegory, it's easier to understand.
This generation can really not tell the past, more than the people that lived in that era.
Science is man made, just like computer. Seen is believing, though people do exaggerate, but we are not there unlike them.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59696 Nov 19, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Jesus?
Did Jesus rebel?

Level 2

Location hidden

#59697 Nov 19, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
"Much importance should not be attached to a single person."
How about Jesus?
No one who had lived or still living, can be like Jesus.
He is meek, humble and gentle.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#59698 Nov 19, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Evaluating your linked references:
1)metasearch and thomas van flandern is a bit iffy even with a google search.
2) You use a journal citing one report as evidence. Not really going to take the time to search to see if a subsequent finding showed a flaw in the findings of that report. If Cold Fusion has taught us anything, it's to view reports like these skeptically.
3) a blog trying to reconcile science with the bible? really?
Here is another example of a great woffler with a hide as thick as a cow.

This creature above appears to think that many words are better that providing support for ones opinion and not a sniff of current research in refute behind it.

Evos are great at calling for peer reviewed and published research. Too bad they can't find any of it too support their big words.

Then of course we get the fruit loops here with dinosaur quals that have no clue about recent research and then ask me to prove every word I say, like as if they were morons hiding in some cave the past 10 years and remain clueless to the theory they hope to support.

Would you like me to 'prove' again that your famous single celled LUCA is dead and a failed prediction swept under the carpet with many others.

Would you like me to demonstrate again how evos shoved junk DNA down creos throats ad nauseum only to now find out that at least 80% of the genome is now known to be functional.

http://www.biotechniques.com/news/biotechniqu...
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketsc...

I as a creationist I do not change my predictions in knee jerk fashion as evos do.

Would you evos like to make another prediction around non coding dna? Let's see what predictive ability TOE actually has. Do you lot of evos predict some junk or no junk in the genome, or are you unable to make a prediction unless it is in hindsight.

I'll make a creo prediction: Over time and with credible long term research all dna will be found to have some function. This is because if we were created there would be no need for junk.

Come on...!! You lot bombed out on vestigial organs, having to change the definition of vestigial from "no" function at all to "different" function because that prediction also failed and these bright sparks did not want to loose face.

Now let's see if I get more than a humble opinion back in response. Let's hope it is not from last century.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#59700 Nov 19, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
You refused to see the evidence.
You didn't provide any evidence. The fact that Old English was closer grammatically to German and Icelandic than to Modern English is not evidence that modern Germans can understand Old English.

Where is your evidence that modern Germans can understand Old English? We're still waiting.

Tampa, FL

#59701 Nov 19, 2012
You're engaged in a red herring. The issue wasn't whether Old English was Germanic (or even whether it was "more Germanic" than any other particular language), but whether or not modern Germans could understand Old English.
Provide the evidence to support your claim that modern Germans can understand Old English.
We're *still* waiting.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Whether you like it or not. The Angles, Saxons and Jutes, finally pitched their tents in England
Whether you like it or not, the Angles and Saxons spoke the same language on their boats that they spoke right after they got off their boats.

Now, provide the evidence to support your claim that modern Germans can understand Old English.

We're *still* waiting.

Tampa, FL

#59702 Nov 19, 2012
Charles seems to think that speakers of *modern* German can understand Old English.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Ofcourse, i said that. That ofcourse, is true.
No, it's false. You've provided no evidence to support its being true.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59703 Nov 19, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You qualities vividly outlined. That is generous of you.
Typographical error:
From the first word, it is, " YOUR " and not, " YOU " .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 2 min Sam 25
Ohio Sam sucks Co ck 2 min dragoon70056 6
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 2 min a_visitor 15,449
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 4 min dragoon70056 2,206
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min Wolftracks 22,220
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 8 min wichita-rick 1,880
topix.com describe in one word (Apr '13) 8 min its me daisy 141
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 38 min Wolftracks 148,961
True or False Game 2 hr Vector aka Victor... 377
Family shocked after texting dead grandmother, ... 4 hr Protoham 9