Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#59641 Nov 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> One thing we must learn from the bible, is that, we should not attach much importance one particular person. God did this to Lucifer(Satan), and look at the result, he was proud, and that pride, led to his rebellion.
Like Jesus?

Level 7

Nehwon

#59642 Nov 18, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Much importance should not be attached to a single person. That could lead to pride, on the part of that person, and finally rebellion.
"Much importance should not be attached to a single person."

How about Jesus?

Level 7

Nehwon

#59643 Nov 18, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
My faith in God doesn't have me wallowing in doom and gloom. I don't fear God nor death. I do not hate your non believing as you loath my believing. I do think its an odd thing that so many people who think God is nothing more than myth like Santa spend so much time trying to prove he isn't there. Do you spend equal amounts of time trying to dis prove the tooth fairy? Or as much animosity toward children who believe in Santa? Maybe it is your guilt and fear that makes you feel you must. Now go come up with some witty way of telling me how I have it all wrong than insult me so I can once again reply.
Christianity via the Bible puts forth a version of god. Other religions put forth their versions.

Believe what you want.

Now when you use your Christian beliefs to be enacted into law is where we are going to differ.

You may think you are being righteous in forcing your beliefs upon me. I wish to continue my journey of discovery (free will and all that) without worry that I'm not mouthing the proper worship words in the right manner.

Level 7

Nehwon

#59644 Nov 18, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Since I have accepted Jesus into my heart and life, I have great hope and freedom in life now. It is the world that puts us in bondage, Jesus can make us free indeed.
Now here's the really big question...

Do you live your life as Jesus instructed or is just belief in Jesus enough to guarantee salvation?

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#59645 Nov 18, 2012
I fish wrote:
Can you prove they didn't exist..like I can prove Cleopatra didn't exist?
Is it your contention that Cleopatra didn't exist?

Level 7

Nehwon

#59646 Nov 18, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware of Simon Zelotes being a member of Jesus' disciples and that the Zelotes were another name for the Sicarii (or a subgroup of the Zelots). The Zelotes were the "forth sect" of Judaism at that time.
I will research what you have given me.
Thanks. It is an interesting diversion at the very least.
I must admit, I haven't run across that one before.

It does add additional comedy to the "Life of Brian" when Brian finds out his father is a Roman, Naughtius Maximus.

Not to be confused with Biggus Dickus in Wome who has a wife, you know.

And if any of you giggle at that, it's back to gwadiatow school where you will be fighting wabid wild animals in a week!

Level 7

Nehwon

#59647 Nov 18, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so you have no idea about the problems with big bang theory, which in themselves can be seen to refute rather than support the status quo.
Here is 10 of them.
http://metaresearch.org/cosmology/top10BBprob...
If you're not happy with that and wish to speak to any of a plethora of theories that basically support anything you want supported, here is something else...
Big Bang Afterglow fails intergalactic shadow test.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/09/...
Here is a simpler geocentric model that does not need to evoke mysteries like dark energy and matter that are meant to comprise 96% of the matter in the universe that researchers know nothing about.
http://wallacegsmith.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...
As for your last question "who says the first living thing was a cell?" all I have to say to you is asking a question to mask the fact that evolutionists really have no idea how to answer their questions they themselves pose is soooo typical!
Also don't forget the famous single celled LUCA, the prize evidence that evos carried on about for over a decade now resides in the trash can of evolutionary delusions past. The death knell sounded by the discovery of HGT. This is yet another example of a single find overtuning what many naturalists suggest is convincing evidence that only a fool would contest. It is obvious that much of what is currently accepted as empirical evidence is no more than flavour of the month.
What ever convolution you care to carry on about, reproduction I'd say, is a priori for anything to be classed as 'living' in an organic and biological sense, regardless of what ever woffly descriptor or name you wish to call the first living organism.
Evaluating your linked references:
1)metasearch and thomas van flandern is a bit iffy even with a google search.

2) You use a journal citing one report as evidence. Not really going to take the time to search to see if a subsequent finding showed a flaw in the findings of that report. If Cold Fusion has taught us anything, it's to view reports like these skeptically.

3) a blog trying to reconcile science with the bible? really?

Level 7

Nehwon

#59648 Nov 18, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial is not a good look. Anyone that suggests that big bang theory has no concerns has already demonstrated the level of their true scientific base.
Look at you quacking about my straw men. Either these idiots know what they are saying or they do not.
This is what you are hiding your head i the sand over.
University Of Alabama In Huntsville (2006, September 5). Big Bang's Afterglow Fails Intergalactic 'Shadow' Test. ScienceDaily.
No shadows, no big bang. Is that too scientific for you? Perhaps you can quote Womans Day.
"The various theories that exist on the early universe are, therefore, experimental and have not been empirically verified. The direct measurement of gravitational waves would enable us to look back to the first billionth of the first second after the Big Bang and thereby obtain completely new insights into the universe."
http://www.mpg.de/4333311/background
The conclusion of this lecture is that the universe has not existed forever. Rather, the universe, and time itself, had a beginning in the Big Bang, about 15 billion years ago. The beginning of real time, would have been a singularity, at which the laws of physics would have broken down.
http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-ti...
Words from man himself....... If you disagree you should go give Hawkins a mouth full.
And the big one that everyone should know is this, Hawkins knows his physics break down at the singularity. Of course that is not a problem for these scientific types with an assumption to sell off as science. A stuff up at the base is easily hand waved away, just as long as all the research chooks in the chook pen are happy.
So how do those two links support your "no shadows, no big bang"?

Level 7

Nehwon

#59649 Nov 18, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean like over 150 years of human knucklewalking ancestry was evidence that turned to myth on the back of one single fossil find? Or would you like to discuss the multitude of common ancestors that have never surfaced when you discuss myths? How about the myth of 1% difference between the chimp and human, or the revolving door of human ancestors? How about the myth of single celled LUCA, the story of a tree stumped by HGT?
Archaeologists have uncovered what appears to be the foundation of the Tower of Babel within the ancient city ruins of Babylon. The base is square, 91 metres along each side, with earthen embankments.
http://www.world-mysteries.com/newgw/gw_shaye...
As for Adam and Eve...
You would have to go back in time only 2,000 to 5,000 years — and probably on the low side of that range — to find somebody who could count every person alive today as a descendant.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,201908,00...
We all know that one can find some research to support just about anything one wants. We can also find heaps of woffle to challenge any other. You can also likely find some research to support whatever you wish to support. Isn't theoretical science great????
Algorithmic population size, mutation rates and many other values are unknown insertion values tweaked to support any status quo. Indeed even biased evolutionary research points to a single male and female common ancestor. Indeed the dates for mteve and Yadam are based on assumptive algorithms with assumptive and unknown insertion values. Evolutionary researchers assume the above dates relate to extra cohorts and assume that advanced culture also coincidently appeared at around the same time.
Do you suppose Darwin proposed TOE as a process orchestrated by God?
Is it not so, that the majority of evolutionists need a naturalistic interpretation of any data that does not evoke the hand of any God?
Lots of whargarbble here.

With a nice dollop of the Gish Gallop on top.

Level 7

Nehwon

#59650 Nov 18, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear, here is yet another evolutionist that can't tell an evo site from a creationist site.
Nonw of this is crp lovey.
You evos refer to your own crap and your own crap can easily be used against you because the lot of you have no idea what science really is.
The profeesor started this thread on the back of you evo own refurte to your crap claim that Junk dna proves evolution. Now that you have found non coding dna to be functional,this functionality is now meant to also prove evolution.
Evos shoved thos crap down creos throats ad nauseum. "Look" these evo geese quacked, "why did God make useless dna, 98% of our dna IS USELESS" quack quack.
This week, 30 research papers, including six in Nature and additional papers published online by Science, sound the death knell for the idea that our DNA is mostly littered with useless bases. A decade-long project, the Encyclopedia of DNA Elements (ENCODE), has found that 80% of the human genome serves some purpose, biochemically speaking. Beyond defining proteins, the DNA bases highlighted by ENCODE specify landing spots for proteins that influence gene activity, strands of RNA with myriad roles, or simply places where chemical modifications serve to silence stretches of our chromosomes.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/337/6099/11...
BTW evolution news is not a creo site, just in case you are too ignorant to know.
Then you lot went searching for ghosts and found tiny sequences that you assume are related to virus and called them ervs that were also useless remants, again only to find that ervs also provide vital function.
Creationists have always predicted that if God created there would be no useless DNA.
Still evos will quack now about the 20% that is supposedly non functional.
Well here is a prediction you can all shove down your own throats and it goes like this...
Over time these evolutionary inculcated boofheads that call themselves scientists will eventually find that there is no junk in dna and that every bit of dna has some function.
This research can only be performed with credible research that has actually looked into the long term useage of any genomic material. Unlike the crap they present at present where they shoot off their gobs to create headlines and get research grants and don't really care if their results are misleading or mean anyuthign at all. eg 98% of dna is junk.
The concern for evo quackers is that just about anything you present is no more than flavour of the month, may be falsified tomorrow, and that is what the entire empire of evolutionary theory is based on. That is also why TOE adherants are no more than a form of faith with their own atheist or theist slant.
You certainly have a future writing for answersingenesis. It may pay the bills if they get around to writing you a check for your creative writing.

Level 7

Nehwon

#59651 Nov 18, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
The links I have already provided that you obviously are totally ignorant of.
This is not rocket science lovey. This info has been around for ages. I should not have to be telling you this stuff.
While dealing with gene loss is tricky, it is not an insurmountable hurdle — it just means reconstructing LUCA will be peppered with a lot of educated guesswork, and probably a few gaps. But gene swapping is another matter altogether — it threatens to fell the tree of life, and consign LUCA to the dustbin.6,7,8
http://www.actionbioscience.org/newfrontiers/...
".. it is no longer safe to assume that those were the only lateral gene transfers that occurred after the first eukaryotes arose. Only in later, multicellular eukaryotes do we know of definite restrictions on horizontal gene exchange, such as the advent of separated (and protected) germ cells...
If there had never been any lateral gene transfer, all these individual gene trees would have the same topology (the same branching order), and the ancestral genes at the root of each tree would have all been present in the last universal common ancestor, a single ancient cell. But extensive transfer means that neither is the case: gene trees will differ (although many will have regions of similar topology) and there would never have been a single cell that could be called the last universal common ancestor..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizontal_gene_...
Evo researchers are now wasting their grant money scratching around for some organelle.
So the prediction of a single celled LUCA has been falsified. Failed predictions are no problem for evos. After all they can wave that magic wand and find a plethora of excuses for thier failed predictions and history of falsifications. Most of you evos are too ignorant or scared to even admit to the facts of your history. The rest have no clue and just read the glossy magazine articles that never show the warts.
That's when we get bright sparks requesting peer reviewed and pay for view research...it is because that many of you truly have no clue what is going on in recent research.
Considering your other posts, you earned this:

tl;dr

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#59652 Nov 18, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear, here is yet another evolutionist that can't tell an evo site from a creationist site.
Nonw of this is crp lovey.
You evos refer to your own crap and your own crap can easily be used against you because the lot of you have no idea what science really is.
The profeesor started this thread on the back of you evo own refurte to your crap claim that Junk dna proves evolution. Now that you have found non coding dna to be functional,this functionality is now meant to also prove evolution.
Evos shoved thos crap down creos throats ad nauseum. "Look" these evo geese quacked, "why did God make useless dna, 98% of our dna IS USELESS" quack quack.
This week, 30 research papers, including six in Nature and additional papers published online by Science, sound the death knell for the idea that our DNA is mostly littered with useless bases. A decade-long project, the Encyclopedia of DNA Elements (ENCODE), has found that 80% of the human genome serves some purpose, biochemically speaking. Beyond defining proteins, the DNA bases highlighted by ENCODE specify landing spots for proteins that influence gene activity, strands of RNA with myriad roles, or simply places where chemical modifications serve to silence stretches of our chromosomes.
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/337/6099/11...
BTW evolution news is not a creo site, just in case you are too ignorant to know.
Then you lot went searching for ghosts and found tiny sequences that you assume are related to virus and called them ervs that were also useless remants, again only to find that ervs also provide vital function.
Creationists have always predicted that if God created there would be no useless DNA.
Still evos will quack now about the 20% that is supposedly non functional.
Well here is a prediction you can all shove down your own throats and it goes like this...
Over time these evolutionary inculcated boofheads that call themselves scientists will eventually find that there is no junk in dna and that every bit of dna has some function.
This research can only be performed with credible research that has actually looked into the long term useage of any genomic material. Unlike the crap they present at present where they shoot off their gobs to create headlines and get research grants and don't really care if their results are misleading or mean anyuthign at all. eg 98% of dna is junk.
The concern for evo quackers is that just about anything you present is no more than flavour of the month, may be falsified tomorrow, and that is what the entire empire of evolutionary theory is based on. That is also why TOE adherants are no more than a form of faith with their own atheist or theist slant.
Hi.

Ever been to a museum?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#59653 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
But not speakers of any *modern* language.
Charles seems to think that speakers of *modern* German can understand Old English.
There is a lot that Charlie idiot does not understand

Level 6

#59654 Nov 19, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove they didn't exist..like I can prove Cleopatra didn't exist?
It has been proved that genetic Adam and Genetic Eve lived around 80,000 years apart, whether they were called Adam and Eve is impossible to prove

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Ad...
In human genetics, Y-chromosomal Adam (Y-MRCA) is the most recent common ancestor (MRCA) from whom all living people are descended patrilineally (tracing back only along the paternal lines of their family tree). Recent studies report that Y-chromosomal Adam lived as early as around 142,000 years ago.[1] Older studies estimated Y-MRCA as recent as 60,000 years ago.[2] All living humans are also descended matrilineally from Mitochondrial Eve who is thought to have lived earlier, about 190,000–200,000 years ago. Y-chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve need not have lived at the same time

See also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Ev...

As for Cleopatra there is considerable evidence that can be found on 3 contents. It is known and documented when she was born, and when she died. As a pharaoh of Egypt much of her live is written in stone (literally) in the Northern African continent and the Western Asian continent. Her visit to Rome is documented not only by her absence form Egypt but also in the Roman archives and she was written about by several Roman authors and historians.

However I would love to see you evidence that she didn’t exists

Level 6

#59655 Nov 19, 2012
I fish wrote:
In a recent study of creation, by those not present, it was observed that Adam and Eve were created as mature adults and the conclusion was that the earth was created with some years of growth and evidence of age without the time involved to actually make science happy...if you will.
What study is that? Please give a reference so that we can check it otherwise it just looks like you are lying for you god.

You do of course know that chistians teach that satan is the father of lies.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59656 Nov 19, 2012
I can not believe that our Creator wanted Adam and Eve to disobey him and eat something that would eventually kill them and bring death into the world. I believe God knew from the moment they choose to disregard his word and believe a lie, that he would have to send Jesus to go to the cross to redeem mankind. Jesus is the fulfillment of the way to the tree of life and whoever takes of it can live forever in the kingdom of Heaven. We inherit the penalties of suffering and death from Adam but we can inherit life evelasting through Jesus. We can not do everything our fleshly bodies desire for us, because to do so will lead us away from God and the commands of Jesus to repent and turn fom all manner of sin. Sin and this world will seperate us from God if we put too much hope in it. If we turn from wrongdoings, then Jesus can forgive us and accept us and come into our hearts and give us a new life where we have great hope in him and not this fleshly body or this world, but the New Heaven and the New Earth that God has promised for our inheritance if we believe and follow King Jesus.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59657 Nov 19, 2012
Jesus said God is a spirit and we make a choice to worship him in spirit and in truth. Jesus is the way the truth and the life and no one can come unto the father but by the Son. Our Creator gave all people free will and he is a spirit and we have flesh and blood bodies, but Jesus knows exactly who we are and what we are like because he lived on this earth in the fleshly body and was tempted as we are but resisted all manner of sin. If we choose to follow Jesus we are following a person who is worthy to trust and believe. Men can be liars knowingly and unknowingly, but God can not lie.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#59658 Nov 19, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want anybody to follow me, I want everyone to follow Jesus. I am just a man and like all men I will die unless the lord comes back first. I have made mstakes in the past and I don't want to but I may make some sort of error because to err is human, but the one I serve is worthy.
You are too late!

Matthew 24:34 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#59659 Nov 19, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I can not believe that our Creator wanted Adam and Eve to disobey him and eat something that would eventually kill them and bring death into the world. I believe God knew from the moment they choose to disregard his word and believe a lie, that he would have to send Jesus to go to the cross to redeem mankind. Jesus is the fulfillment of the way to the tree of life and whoever takes of it can live forever in the kingdom of Heaven. We inherit the penalties of suffering and death from Adam but we can inherit life evelasting through Jesus. We can not do everything our fleshly bodies desire for us, because to do so will lead us away from God and the commands of Jesus to repent and turn fom all manner of sin. Sin and this world will seperate us from God if we put too much hope in it. If we turn from wrongdoings, then Jesus can forgive us and accept us and come into our hearts and give us a new life where we have great hope in him and not this fleshly body or this world, but the New Heaven and the New Earth that God has promised for our inheritance if we believe and follow King Jesus.
Why would he {god} put the tree in the garden, if he did not want them to eat it? I didn't put candy and guns in my kids' playpen! Why, cause I am not that stupid!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#59660 Nov 19, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
What I find funny is how much faith science puts in a Big Bang and evolution yet still have no idea how it was done. Yes they say evolution but what they mean is adaptation which is what happens in nature. The very idea of Darwinism is racist sexist and wrong. For those people of the religion of evolution out there show me one fossil of a human between the stage of ape to man just one full set of remains.
Do you know how a computer takes the bits on the hard drive and turns them into an image on your screen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your tip for the day? 5 min Debra27 1,063
Good Night Thread... (Nov '12) 6 min Debra27 937
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 10 min -Lea- 20,526
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 12 min Debra27 54,587
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 22 min TALLYHO 8541 36,497
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 52 min Wolftracks 147,216
Favorite lines from a song (Mar '08) 2 hr liam cul8r 3,614
What Could Be Sweet,...? 7 hr SLY WEST 39
•••

Weird People Search