Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#59653 Nov 19, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
But not speakers of any *modern* language.
Charles seems to think that speakers of *modern* German can understand Old English.
There is a lot that Charlie idiot does not understand

Level 6

#59654 Nov 19, 2012
I fish wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove they didn't exist..like I can prove Cleopatra didn't exist?
It has been proved that genetic Adam and Genetic Eve lived around 80,000 years apart, whether they were called Adam and Eve is impossible to prove

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Ad...
In human genetics, Y-chromosomal Adam (Y-MRCA) is the most recent common ancestor (MRCA) from whom all living people are descended patrilineally (tracing back only along the paternal lines of their family tree). Recent studies report that Y-chromosomal Adam lived as early as around 142,000 years ago.[1] Older studies estimated Y-MRCA as recent as 60,000 years ago.[2] All living humans are also descended matrilineally from Mitochondrial Eve who is thought to have lived earlier, about 190,000Ė200,000 years ago. Y-chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve need not have lived at the same time

See also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Ev...

As for Cleopatra there is considerable evidence that can be found on 3 contents. It is known and documented when she was born, and when she died. As a pharaoh of Egypt much of her live is written in stone (literally) in the Northern African continent and the Western Asian continent. Her visit to Rome is documented not only by her absence form Egypt but also in the Roman archives and she was written about by several Roman authors and historians.

However I would love to see you evidence that she didnít exists

Level 6

#59655 Nov 19, 2012
I fish wrote:
In a recent study of creation, by those not present, it was observed that Adam and Eve were created as mature adults and the conclusion was that the earth was created with some years of growth and evidence of age without the time involved to actually make science happy...if you will.
What study is that? Please give a reference so that we can check it otherwise it just looks like you are lying for you god.

You do of course know that chistians teach that satan is the father of lies.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59656 Nov 19, 2012
I can not believe that our Creator wanted Adam and Eve to disobey him and eat something that would eventually kill them and bring death into the world. I believe God knew from the moment they choose to disregard his word and believe a lie, that he would have to send Jesus to go to the cross to redeem mankind. Jesus is the fulfillment of the way to the tree of life and whoever takes of it can live forever in the kingdom of Heaven. We inherit the penalties of suffering and death from Adam but we can inherit life evelasting through Jesus. We can not do everything our fleshly bodies desire for us, because to do so will lead us away from God and the commands of Jesus to repent and turn fom all manner of sin. Sin and this world will seperate us from God if we put too much hope in it. If we turn from wrongdoings, then Jesus can forgive us and accept us and come into our hearts and give us a new life where we have great hope in him and not this fleshly body or this world, but the New Heaven and the New Earth that God has promised for our inheritance if we believe and follow King Jesus.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59657 Nov 19, 2012
Jesus said God is a spirit and we make a choice to worship him in spirit and in truth. Jesus is the way the truth and the life and no one can come unto the father but by the Son. Our Creator gave all people free will and he is a spirit and we have flesh and blood bodies, but Jesus knows exactly who we are and what we are like because he lived on this earth in the fleshly body and was tempted as we are but resisted all manner of sin. If we choose to follow Jesus we are following a person who is worthy to trust and believe. Men can be liars knowingly and unknowingly, but God can not lie.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#59658 Nov 19, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want anybody to follow me, I want everyone to follow Jesus. I am just a man and like all men I will die unless the lord comes back first. I have made mstakes in the past and I don't want to but I may make some sort of error because to err is human, but the one I serve is worthy.
You are too late!

Matthew 24:34 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#59659 Nov 19, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I can not believe that our Creator wanted Adam and Eve to disobey him and eat something that would eventually kill them and bring death into the world. I believe God knew from the moment they choose to disregard his word and believe a lie, that he would have to send Jesus to go to the cross to redeem mankind. Jesus is the fulfillment of the way to the tree of life and whoever takes of it can live forever in the kingdom of Heaven. We inherit the penalties of suffering and death from Adam but we can inherit life evelasting through Jesus. We can not do everything our fleshly bodies desire for us, because to do so will lead us away from God and the commands of Jesus to repent and turn fom all manner of sin. Sin and this world will seperate us from God if we put too much hope in it. If we turn from wrongdoings, then Jesus can forgive us and accept us and come into our hearts and give us a new life where we have great hope in him and not this fleshly body or this world, but the New Heaven and the New Earth that God has promised for our inheritance if we believe and follow King Jesus.
Why would he {god} put the tree in the garden, if he did not want them to eat it? I didn't put candy and guns in my kids' playpen! Why, cause I am not that stupid!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#59660 Nov 19, 2012
Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
What I find funny is how much faith science puts in a Big Bang and evolution yet still have no idea how it was done. Yes they say evolution but what they mean is adaptation which is what happens in nature. The very idea of Darwinism is racist sexist and wrong. For those people of the religion of evolution out there show me one fossil of a human between the stage of ape to man just one full set of remains.
Do you know how a computer takes the bits on the hard drive and turns them into an image on your screen?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#59661 Nov 19, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Jesus said God is a spirit and we make a choice to worship him in spirit and in truth. Jesus is the way the truth and the life and no one can come unto the father but by the Son. Our Creator gave all people free will and he is a spirit and we have flesh and blood bodies, but Jesus knows exactly who we are and what we are like because he lived on this earth in the fleshly body and was tempted as we are but resisted all manner of sin. If we choose to follow Jesus we are following a person who is worthy to trust and believe. Men can be liars knowingly and unknowingly, but God can not lie.
Where's the evidence that supports these assertions?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#59662 Nov 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how a computer takes the bits on the hard drive and turns them into an image on your screen?
Yes.

Not only that, but give me a grill and some hot coals and I can make the best grilled venison you ever had.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#59663 Nov 19, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Not only that, but give me a grill and some hot coals and I can make the best grilled venison you ever had.
You ... I don't doubt it.

I prefer liver.:P

Level 5

#59664 Nov 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You ... I don't doubt it.
I prefer liver.:P
Liver??

Blegh!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#59665 Nov 19, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Liver??
Blegh!
Liver, with Worcestershire sauce! Lemon zest, onions, peppers, now I'm hungry.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59667 Nov 19, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too late!
Matthew 24:34 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
Jesus never said that he himself knew the day of his returning.
jujubean

Butler, PA

#59668 Nov 19, 2012
What day did God create the Dinosaur ?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59670 Nov 19, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the evidence that supports these assertions?
What is profound evidence to one person may appear to be very vague to others. I will just say, I have evidence that is good enough for me.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#59671 Nov 19, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>What is profound evidence to one person may appear to be very vague to others. I will just say, I have evidence that is good enough for me.
Then your standards for evidence are too low to matter. Dismissed.

Level 5

#59672 Nov 19, 2012
jujubean wrote:
What day did God create the Dinosaur ?
Tuesday.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#59673 Nov 19, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I can not believe that our Creator wanted Adam and Eve to disobey him and eat something that would eventually kill them and bring death into the world.
Got any evidence for a "Creator" or for an "Adam" or for an "Eve"?
Bush was a myth

Butler, PA

#59674 Nov 19, 2012
How did the other races... come about ?

Noah had two of them on the Ark too ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll I Can Remember When...... (Feb '08) 14 min Gail 1,422
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min wichita-rick 161,314
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 23 min Karl 14,107
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 31 min Lumatrix 4,789
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 33 min CJ Rocker 9,744
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 38 min CJ Rocker 1,452
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 41 min Lumatrix 5,472
motorcycle traveling stories 47 min NinaRocks 621
News The trooper fired at the motorcycle, and then d... 49 min Christsharians on... 68
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 hr Bill 18,178
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 8 hr lost in Mississippi 40,251
More from around the web