Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#59520 Nov 17, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither link works.
And again, you claimed that Germans could understand Old English.
Prove it.
There was a typographical error:
Check this, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/old_English

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#59521 Nov 17, 2012
Identify a specific, authoritative source, Charles. You can't get away with waving your hand vaguely at the Internet or at unnamed "historical sources".
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>
Check this sites or sources as against the previous ones, i gave.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/old_English
That site doesn't say that Germans can understand Old English.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59522 Nov 17, 2012
Old English is a Germanic language spoken by the Angles, Saxons and Jutes, an ancestor of the English nation. Their language is similar to German and Icelandic. It is also similar to Anglo frisian and low German unlike modern English.
Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/old_English

Level 2

Location hidden

#59523 Nov 17, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
Identify a specific, authoritative source, Charles. You can't get away with waving your hand vaguely at the Internet or at unnamed "historical sources".
<quoted text>
Then, you did not go down through the given information.
Old English is similar to German and Icelandic unlike modern English.
Check through that site and see for your self.
English or modern English which is a blend of Latin, Greek, Celtic, etc, became a single and independent language in England. It started in England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59524 Nov 17, 2012
Again, if old English is similar or closely related to German and Icelandic, that means, the Germans and the people of Iceland will definitely understand old English unlike modern English.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

#59525 Nov 17, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
What refutes it?
<quoted text>
Sure about that? Let's look:
http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2008/07/what-...
<quoted text>
Who says that the first living thing was a "cell"?
Ok, so you have no idea about the problems with big bang theory, which in themselves can be seen to refute rather than support the status quo.

Here is 10 of them.

http://metaresearch.org/cosmology/top10BBprob...

If you're not happy with that and wish to speak to any of a plethora of theories that basically support anything you want supported, here is something else...

Big Bang Afterglow fails intergalactic shadow test.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/09/...

Here is a simpler geocentric model that does not need to evoke mysteries like dark energy and matter that are meant to comprise 96% of the matter in the universe that researchers know nothing about.

http://wallacegsmith.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...

As for your last question "who says the first living thing was a cell?" all I have to say to you is asking a question to mask the fact that evolutionists really have no idea how to answer their questions they themselves pose is soooo typical!

Also don't forget the famous single celled LUCA, the prize evidence that evos carried on about for over a decade now resides in the trash can of evolutionary delusions past. The death knell sounded by the discovery of HGT. This is yet another example of a single find overtuning what many naturalists suggest is convincing evidence that only a fool would contest. It is obvious that much of what is currently accepted as empirical evidence is no more than flavour of the month.

What ever convolution you care to carry on about, reproduction I'd say, is a priori for anything to be classed as 'living' in an organic and biological sense, regardless of what ever woffly descriptor or name you wish to call the first living organism.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#59526 Nov 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Again, if old English is similar or closely related to German and Icelandic, that means, the Germans and the people of Iceland will definitely understand old English unlike modern English.
What? We are pretty sure you will never understand anything....

Level 2

Location hidden

#59527 Nov 17, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> What? We are pretty sure you will never understand anything....
Boom-booz!!!
Tell me what you know?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#59528 Nov 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Boom-booz!!!
Tell me what you know?
OK never say you didn't you ask for it...

Charles is a nut!

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#59529 Nov 17, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know what you are talking about. I tell it as I see it and you are the one twisting the truth around here as far as I can see, but I am supposed to pray for you and as hard as it is for me to obey that part of the lord's commands I will.

I realize that you do not know that you are under the influence of Satan.

Such is Satan's power of deception.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59530 Nov 17, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> OK never say you didn't you ask for it...
Charles is a nut!
Ok never say you didn't you ask for it...
Aura is a nut!

Level 2

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#59531 Nov 17, 2012
Satan rules the earth....Rev. 12:9.....2 Corinthians 4:4.......1 John 5:19......easy to understand and most believable.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#59532 Nov 17, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that you do not know that you are under the influence of Satan.
Such is Satan's power of deception.
I know you are trying to be funny, lets quit for now. I did say a prayer for you though.

“Eleanor, Where is your heart?!”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#59533 Nov 17, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
Well get ready for December 21st, 2012. According to Jack Van Impe, that is the day all the believers will float into the sky to receive their reward. I'll be very disappointed if they don't.
That'd make more sense if you didn't say 'they'. I think you want to say 'we'.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#59534 Nov 17, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I know you are trying to be funny, lets quit for now. I did say a prayer for you though.

Joking, eh?

Lets examine the facts:

1. You claim to be on the side of God and trying to witness for him.
2. However....
3. You are obnoxious and ACTUALLY drive people further from God.
4. Driving people from God is the job of Satan and him minions.
5. Ergo,.....

Just connect the dots an you will see who your real master is.

ANYONE can claim to be on Gods side, but by their fruits ye shall know them.

Your fruits are thorns.

Tampa, FL

#59535 Nov 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Then, you did not go down through the given information.
I read the site. Nothing in that site says that Germans can understand Old English.

If you believe otherwise, provide a quote from the site.

Tampa, FL

#59536 Nov 17, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Again, if old English is similar or closely related to German and Icelandic, that means, the Germans and the people of Iceland will definitely understand old English
That two languages are "similar" does not mean that speakers of one will understand the other language.

Nothing in the site you provided says that Old English is "closely" related either to German or to Icelandic.

Tampa, FL

#59537 Nov 17, 2012
MazHere wrote:
so you have no idea about the problems with big bang theory
You certainly didn't identify any in your previous posting. You simply claimed that they existed.
MazHere wrote:
http://metaresearch.org/cosmol ogy/top10BBproblems.asp
I didn't see any peer-reviewed scientific research papers listed on that page. All I say were claims made by a "Meta Research" publication. And that website and the publication itself appear to be the production of this individual:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Van_Flandern

The same guy who claimed that the Martian "face" was unnatural (later shown to be an artifact of angle and shadow).

You really need to produce some actual peer-reviewed research to identify problems with the Big Bang theory. Not just some particular crackpot's position on it.
MazHere wrote:
As for your last question "who says the first living thing was a cell?" all I have to say to you is asking a question to mask the fact that evolutionists really have no idea how to answer their questions they themselves pose is soooo typical!
I'll take your answer to mean "nobody", and you were merely engaged in a straw man argument.

Let us know when you have actual argument and not merely childish insults.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59539 Nov 17, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the site. Nothing in that site says that Germans can understand Old English.
If you believe otherwise, provide a quote from the site.
Then you are wrong. What do we mean by closely related?
It means that the languages are similar to one another. Old English is closely related to German and Icelandic, that means the people of Germany and Iceland can understand old English more than the modern English.
My stand is that, English(modern), though having roots in other European languages, started as a single independent language in England. That independent language called English or modern English, was first spoken in England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#59540 Nov 17, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
That two languages are "similar" does not mean that speakers of one will understand the other language.
Nothing in the site you provided says that Old English is "closely" related either to German or to Icelandic.
Similar?
The word, " similar", stands for the same.
So, if Old English is similar to German, etc, than modern English, it means that the Germans can understand more of old English than modern English.
Try to be honest with your answers and responses.
Old English from research, is closer to German and Icelandic, than modern English, all these are clearly stated on the website presented.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 1 min Judy 123 1,082
Is it possible to....... 1 min AliceBlue 557
A New Alphabet Game (Mar '09) 4 min Wolftracks 4,121
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 5 min Judy 123 2,949
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 7 min Judy 123 4,239
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 8 min Will Dockery 24,104
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 10 min Judy 123 25,597
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 20 min Wolftracks 130
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 28 min quetzalcoatl 152,471
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 40 min Sublime1 274