Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
55,581 - 55,600 of 114,619 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am most certainly not following YOU!
I don't want anybody to follow me, I want everyone to follow Jesus. I am just a man and like all men I will die unless the lord comes back first. I have made mstakes in the past and I don't want to but I may make some sort of error because to err is human, but the one I serve is worthy.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

G'dansk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
I'm not trying to sound stupid I believe this to be a lagit question for the evolutionists out there. If human evolution is true and man has been around millions if not billions of years evolving slowly through all this time than shouldn't their be proof in the fossil record shouldn't paleontologists be digging up protohuman bones all over the earth finding small colonies of remains? Where is the missing link? Oh and also if evolution is absolute why would Human evolution followed such a different path from all others if man comes from ape than why are their still apes?
Yeah, and I know where you get your questions. From fundamentalist religious sites...and every one of them have been answered before by science.

Learn some new stuff please you are boring the sh!t out of us.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

MazHere wrote:
That's only if Big Bang has merit. There is as much around to refute it as support it as a theory.
What refutes it?
MazHere wrote:
To date the fact that with all the advances in science and genetics life cannot be seen to evolve from non life.
Sure about that? Let's look:

http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2008/07/what-...
MazHere wrote:
A living cell is by definition a complex factory of irreduceably complex functions such as reproduction.
Who says that the first living thing was a "cell"?

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Prove that Germans can understand Old English.
Charles Idemi wrote:
The internet or other historical sources can not lie.
Identify a specific, authoritative source, Charles. You can't get away with waving your hand vaguely at the Internet or at unnamed "historical sources".
Charles Idemi wrote:
The Saxons, Jutes and Angles, spoke a form of German, that is similar to the modern German today.
Prove that claim, Charles.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
Prove that Old English was a type of German.(Hint: The words "Germanic" and "German" are not synonyms in this context.)
<quoted text>
No, Charles, Old English was not a "type of German language".
Old English was a *Germanic* language.
"Germanic" and "German" are not synonyms.
You've lost the debate again.
Yes it is a Germanic language that it is closer to German and old frisian language.
enwikipedia.org/wiki/old.English
libra.england.arts.gla.ac.uk/o eteach/units/3_description_of_ OE.html
babae.tripod.com/archive/grammar43.html

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I don't want anybody to follow me, I want everyone to follow Jesus. I am just a man and like all men I will die unless the lord comes back first. I have made mstakes in the past and I don't want to but I may make some sort of error because to err is human, but the one I serve is worthy.

You are Satan the deceiver. The near enemy of god. Outright lies are not your forte, but rather twisting the truth so that people look away from God.

You are very good at your job.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Typographical error:
Please check these sites, to see the relationship between German, old friesian with old English.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/old.English
libra.englang.arts.gla.ac.uk/o eteach/units/3_Description_of_ OE.html

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it is a Germanic language that it is closer to German and old frisian language.
enwikipedia.org/wiki/old.English
libra.england.arts.gla.ac.uk/o eteach/units/3_description_of_ OE.html
babae.tripod.com/archive/grammar43.html
Neither link works.

And again, you claimed that Germans could understand Old English.

Prove it.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are Satan the deceiver. The near enemy of god. Outright lies are not your forte, but rather twisting the truth so that people look away from God.
You are very good at your job.
I don't know what you are talking about. I tell it as I see it and you are the one twisting the truth around here as far as I can see, but I am supposed to pray for you and as hard as it is for me to obey that part of the lord's commands I will.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry guy, but you are wrong.
To your understanding. But in reality, NO!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
Prove that Germans can understand Old English.
<quoted text>
Identify a specific, authoritative source, Charles. You can't get away with waving your hand vaguely at the Internet or at unnamed "historical sources".
<quoted text>
Prove that claim, Charles.
Check this sites or sources as against the previous ones, i gave.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/old_English

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither link works.
And again, you claimed that Germans could understand Old English.
Prove it.
There was a typographical error:
Check this, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/old_English

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>
Check this sites or sources as against the previous ones, i gave.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/old_English
That site doesn't say that Germans can understand Old English.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Old English is a Germanic language spoken by the Angles, Saxons and Jutes, an ancestor of the English nation. Their language is similar to German and Icelandic. It is also similar to Anglo frisian and low German unlike modern English.
Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/old_English

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
That site doesn't say that Germans can understand Old English.
Then, you did not go down through the given information.
Old English is similar to German and Icelandic unlike modern English.
Check through that site and see for your self.
English or modern English which is a blend of Latin, Greek, Celtic, etc, became a single and independent language in England. It started in England.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Again, if old English is similar or closely related to German and Icelandic, that means, the Germans and the people of Iceland will definitely understand old English unlike modern English.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Everton, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
What refutes it?
<quoted text>
Sure about that? Let's look:
http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2008/07/what-...
<quoted text>
Who says that the first living thing was a "cell"?
Ok, so you have no idea about the problems with big bang theory, which in themselves can be seen to refute rather than support the status quo.

Here is 10 of them.

http://metaresearch.org/cosmology/top10BBprob...

If you're not happy with that and wish to speak to any of a plethora of theories that basically support anything you want supported, here is something else...

Big Bang Afterglow fails intergalactic shadow test.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/09/...

Here is a simpler geocentric model that does not need to evoke mysteries like dark energy and matter that are meant to comprise 96% of the matter in the universe that researchers know nothing about.

http://wallacegsmith.wordpress.com/2010/10/22...

As for your last question "who says the first living thing was a cell?" all I have to say to you is asking a question to mask the fact that evolutionists really have no idea how to answer their questions they themselves pose is soooo typical!

Also don't forget the famous single celled LUCA, the prize evidence that evos carried on about for over a decade now resides in the trash can of evolutionary delusions past. The death knell sounded by the discovery of HGT. This is yet another example of a single find overtuning what many naturalists suggest is convincing evidence that only a fool would contest. It is obvious that much of what is currently accepted as empirical evidence is no more than flavour of the month.

What ever convolution you care to carry on about, reproduction I'd say, is a priori for anything to be classed as 'living' in an organic and biological sense, regardless of what ever woffly descriptor or name you wish to call the first living organism.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
Again, if old English is similar or closely related to German and Icelandic, that means, the Germans and the people of Iceland will definitely understand old English unlike modern English.
What? We are pretty sure you will never understand anything....

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> What? We are pretty sure you will never understand anything....
Boom-booz!!!
Tell me what you know?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Boom-booz!!!
Tell me what you know?
OK never say you didn't you ask for it...

Charles is a nut!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••