Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218823 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#54320 Oct 22, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>sometimes little kids confuse a square with a rectangle...

which sounds a lot like a triangle..what angle is so different in a rectangle than from a square?

How'bout perimeters...area? They differ...
True.

However the laws are there for squares and rectangle that they must have 4 90 degree angles.
Perimeter rules are also the same world wide, perimeter equals the sum of all the sides. A=L x W. and so on. The rules no matter what language they are written in the Math is the same.

Can you write the book "War and Peace" using just math? I don't know how one could. But I can agree with other country's that a square has four right angles.

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#54321 Oct 22, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Her own testimony, for all that's worth. I'm sure we have plenty of alter-egos roaming Topix but Tinka doesn't seem to have much of a point to her postings, certainly not an election season point at least.
Okay I'll except that , I just thought her to be kinda weird. Her being German or something like that could explain
some of it.

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

primus inter pares

#54322 Oct 22, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you know that it is worth putting all your effort into it really makes not a lot of sense to speak in all seriousness with strangers on the net...
Till we understand each other a bit better and read a bit more about what it is we are voicing, then we can speak more clear and precise about the issue at hand any given one...
People *we all * at times love to hear ourselves and then not often enough do we follow our own advice, like taking part in issues to understand fully anyone's view on it's best to stick with the ones that have had some at least experiences to what is being discussed...
Outbursts arguements so on will automatically happen but what's not needed are punks getting in the way creating chaos where it shouldn't be because it really isn't needed one bit especially if it is something that truly seems of matter to impact regarding our well being to a society as a whole...
That's the way I see it, also people do have the right to change their minds and depending on who one interacts with maybe the speech changes somewhat...
See ....clear as a bell. lol

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#54323 Oct 22, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Machines are the next organisms, the irony being that they would be created, by us. There is more that goes on inside your computer than your mind could grasp consciously, yet your mind does almost as much each moment of your life subconsciously. Every person should be familiar with the technology they use, and that is one of the problems I have with most people today, they know nothing of the machines, or so little they could not even comprehend the information that passes through the warm little paths of copper. Even if we don't consider them life, they are alive, and depend on us as much as we depend on them, but we all need to understand them.
Our future is within our grasp, if we all take this responsibility seriously instead of wasting our lives away with frivolities like religion and other mythologies. For once we grasp our future, we can explore the universe beyond even our imaginations. On an atomic level, the machine becomes a complete universe in itself, where order and logic rule.
:)

To Machine defaults is what I like to think that at one time we had our input and then to the day making no great fusses through in a believe that a mother and her board truly do exist...

I think personally it is a nice accommidating thought to all that which is run of and functions primerily through Religion...

Not to be disrespectful but to just human power alone sometimes I am sure many are asking themselves the question WHY, why is there still life existing at all?

Life itself can be considered just a function and I agree Religion and it's believe in punishments and Myths of war surely War was once Big in demand hopefully we have come further seems we would have wanted to set out far ...
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#54324 Oct 22, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's using words to create letters in fancy snail mail form or Poems and Songs to some of a creating mind that produce such material would say it is that an art form to express one's mind...
I think words then numbers to have that knowledge to produce it would be hard to get along not knowing the basics...
So in words to teach not everyone can but I would say everyone to some extend can learn , words can be very powerful, they can leave impressions, how they are being used that lies on both parts, at least that what I think.
Sometimes people's biggest problem may be the listening part, tuning in or out, that would be a choice!( except the ones that can not due to an illness or a disabilty)
Language can be used for many things, the same as math. Listening is important but if language isn't being used effectively, listening won't always make up the difference.

We all tune things out. We couldn't concentrate if we didn't. That is probably why we dream while sleeping. When asleep, our minds are blocked from voluntary motor activity. That helps us to commit to a free-fall state where we can listen a bit closer to the previous day's events. Lose too much REM sleep and you cannot concentrate either. Ultimately, we decide that some things are not worth listening to. We couldn't function if we didn't establish priorities so it behoove us to communicate clearly about things that are important to us.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#54325 Oct 22, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
However the laws are there for squares and rectangle that they must have 4 90 degree angles.
Perimeter rules are also the same world wide, perimeter equals the sum of all the sides. A=L x W. and so on. The rules no matter what language they are written in the Math is the same.
Can you write the book "War and Peace" using just math? I don't know how one could. But I can agree with other country's that a square has four right angles.
LOL

5 by 5 in feet and 5 by 5 in meters...A square wanted to eat a rectangle for it's angle in the name and he seemed taller?

The Triangle shouted OH HELL you asses I will wack da both of ya..
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#54326 Oct 22, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Okay I'll except that , I just thought her to be kinda weird. Her being German or something like that could explain
some of it.
I don't think she's that old either. I don't like to be snobbish around anyone who makes the effort to learn a second language, but I suppose that there are cultural differences that allow people to indulge hard-headedness and I do get annoyed when I'm not sure how I should respond to it.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#54327 Oct 22, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Okay I'll except that , I just thought her to be kinda weird. Her being German or something like that could explain
some of it.
Yeah and so what weired, is that a crime and plus there are many other words to describe me I am sure...Clear is one as you did well to what I said anyways...

What's weired being Homeless to become extremely weired could be a result of having been homeless...

To a future untold...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#54328 Oct 22, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Formulas are like words without context. Math is more like a verb then it is a language.
But Formulars are the creative information they hold the key the recipe formulated words then that don't mean much?

Like it is like the rain like when it you know like...
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#54329 Oct 22, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
To Machine defaults is what I like to think that at one time we had our input and then to the day making no great fusses through in a believe that a mother and her board truly do exist...
I think personally it is a nice accommidating thought to all that which is run of and functions primerily through Religion...
Not to be disrespectful but to just human power alone sometimes I am sure many are asking themselves the question WHY, why is there still life existing at all?
Life itself can be considered just a function and I agree Religion and it's believe in punishments and Myths of war surely War was once Big in demand hopefully we have come further seems we would have wanted to set out far ...
Mother and her board?

This is where Tinka is a bit to prone to the whimsical and not paying enough attention to the basics.
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#54330 Oct 22, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
But Formulars are the creative information they hold the key the recipe formulated words then that don't mean much?
Like it is like the rain like when it you know like...
I think we've had enough creativity for this evening.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#54331 Oct 22, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think she's that old either. I don't like to be snobbish around anyone who makes the effort to learn a second language, but I suppose that there are cultural differences that allow people to indulge hard-headedness and I do get annoyed when I'm not sure how I should respond to it.
Well it's rude to speak when leaving the person out and as the third wheel or something when two are speaking about the person in discussion not to call it in question...

What that means it is rude to speak in front of other people about them...

I have to log of in a bit, then you guys can discuss me I am still signed on for another ten minutes...I am tired already again...it's the cold it kicks harsh there's no adjusting in California ice cold and super hot barely any inbetween...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#54332 Oct 22, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother and her board?
This is where Tinka is a bit to prone to the whimsical and not paying enough attention to the basics.
The baics are common and to the norm...

It's maybe a bit whimsy (instead of thread or yarn staples) and it's as deep as it is far...My imagination and I just have been now discovering that my own self...

Sometimes it is just a bit hard to manouver through spans and phases of and in time events...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#54333 Oct 22, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we've had enough creativity for this evening.
As do I...

I am pretty low key in thought and I think I need a smoke now...

Basics are simple and are needed for sure though...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#54334 Oct 22, 2012
Father King GOD Jesus LORD Mother has her board...

Together they play frey not like the thread on the sweater be still un-wind just right so the yarn does not get snagged...

Is the yarn sewn with thread? to hold the parts together or is it yarn too?

A mother may have had a need to find her way through the yarn ball maybe when the needle came along thread worked better or something(till the eye of the needle got bigger and then went and hid in the haystack)... LOL

I am sure they kept record of stuff AALWAAAYS...

That is how they came about the knitting machine...

Mother had something to do with it her and her board...
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#54335 Oct 22, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it's rude to speak when leaving the person out and as the third wheel or something when two are speaking about the person in discussion not to call it in question...
What that means it is rude to speak in front of other people about them...
I have to log of in a bit, then you guys can discuss me I am still signed on for another ten minutes...I am tired already again...it's the cold it kicks harsh there's no adjusting in California ice cold and super hot barely any inbetween...
Oh? Being dodgy now, eh? People talk about each other all the time here. Just accept it. I didn't say anything bad, did I?

Actually, in California it's now about 7:30 PM in the evening, and for the most part, its a very moderate place year round thanks to the Pacific ocean currents. I lived there for a year or so while in the Navy, close to Oakland which is pretty far north, and I never saw snow there.
profiler expert

United States

#54336 Oct 22, 2012
Tinka wrote:
Father King GOD Jesus LORD Mother has her board...
Together they play frey not like the thread on the sweater be still un-wind just right so the yarn does not get snagged...
Is the yarn sewn with thread? to hold the parts together or is it yarn too?
A mother may have had a need to find her way through the yarn ball maybe when the needle came along thread worked better or something(till the eye of the needle got bigger and then went and hid in the haystack)... LOL
I am sure they kept record of stuff AALWAAAYS...
That is how they came about the knitting machine...
Mother had something to do with it her and her board...
So your mother was a surfer?
profiler expert

United States

#54337 Oct 22, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
As do I...
I am pretty low key in thought and I think I need a smoke now...
Basics are simple and are needed for sure though...
What the heck are you smokin?

“e pluribus unum”

Level 8

primus inter pares

#54338 Oct 22, 2012
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and so what weired, is that a crime and plus there are many other words to describe me I am sure...Clear is one as you did well to what I said anyways...
What's weired being Homeless to become extremely weired could be a result of having been homeless...
To a future untold...
Well it isn't something bad being weird , I consider most people I like somewhat weird.
For instance Johnny Depp he is definitely somewhat weird , but I like him.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#54339 Oct 22, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you demeaning me?
You clearly have not read enough of Charles' posts if you thing there is nothing wrong with him other than a little grammar.
I could, about grammar, less care.
What is with you today Nano. You typically are not this hostile. Or at least not this preemptively hostile.
I haven't read any of his posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 1 min Mr_FX 2,954
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 1 min Old Sam 3,556
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 min Mr_FX 7,402
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 2 min Old Sam 15,995
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 3 min Mr_FX 61,371
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 3 min Old Sam 9,848
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 4 min Old Sam 15,586
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 min Enzo49 68,403
Back in the day...... 14 min Old Sam 87
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 49 min Enzo49 209,991