Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197307 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Johny

Dickinson, TX

#52666 Oct 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am more than happy to back up my claims with logic and links. I don't think that my word alone makes things true.
So that is fail one in your post.
Next I see that you are lying about how evolutionists think that things happened. Evolutionists do not think that "things just happened" or that they happened "by luck". It seems like most other creationists that you are totally ignorant about the theory of evolution.
And your next statement is totally bass ackwards. It is creationists who always, always, always lie and have no clue about science.
You may be a sock puppet of one of the creatards on this site, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. If you want to engage in a debate there are a few rules I run by. These rules of course apply to me as they do to my opponents. All quotes must be proper quotes. Too many creationists lie by quote mining and by other means. So to be a proper quote you must not only quote an article, you must link an article. Otherwise it is too easy for creationists to lie about what was actually meant by the quote. As I said, I will do the same with any quotes that I make. Sources that site real science are preferred of course, that means having ultimate sources that went through the peer review process.
Also you must clearly state your beliefs and be willing to defend them. That means what you must state what you believe happened, you do not get try to define your beliefs by saying what you believe did not happen. And again, that rule applies to me too.
So are you ready to back up your claims or are you going to run away like yellow coward like President Starkey, wolverine, Langoliers, and others have done?
I think I have shown you how Evolutionists lie on the other thread "Should Evolution be Taught in High School".

Don't think for a minute that if people leave they have lost - most of us have real lives that we have to live and this posting can become too much sometimes. I enjoy these debates because often the person pontificating on evolution have really no understanding of science. Some of the worst are teachers who have a limited training in science yet they are such believers in the evolutionary dogma that they cannot think for themselves or even really comprehend the science.
Johny

Dickinson, TX

#52667 Oct 14, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Subduction Zone wrote:
"What!? Of course we are animals.
Are we or aren't we vertebrates? All vertebrates are animals, are we or aren't we mammals? All mammals are animals."
jamil gondrong wrote:
"well if u dare to say it in front of obama..i guarantee u r gonna sent to jail mate"
I think you're wrong there.
On another forum, a Creationist said that Hitler was an Evolutionist, and that the Holocaust was an example of what would happen when an Evolutionist is elected to office.
I did a quick Google search and found that Obama was an Evolutionist.
I wrote back, saying, "You'd better watch out if you're a White person living in the United States, because Obama is likely to send you to the death camps any day."
Abortion, "Health" care - Does this give you any clues?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#52668 Oct 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I know far more of rights than you will ever know. Yes, Topix or some other source may have banned you a few years ago. Most jerks get banned sometime in their posting career so I have no doubts that you were banned. Now most places only use the ban as a wrist slap. You have to create a new username and lost any count that you may have had. There are a few places that will go to a further extreme and will keep banning trolls until they disappear. If they need to they can even threaten them with legal action. Topix is such a huge site that it cannot be properly moderated and usually the worst that happens is that your posts may disappear here.
That being said you still have no clue about rights and where they come from. Just because somebody does not bother to kick you off of a site does not mean that you have a right to be their. The fact that you do not appreciate that only goes to show that you have no clue what your rights are or where they come from. You are not as free as you think you are. Lately there have been some lawsuits brought up for cases of extreme cyber-bullying. The persons "rights" did not protect them from being sued. Of course you have not done anything even approaching that, yet. But there is a limit to your so called rights which were not god given no matter what documents you care to wave about.
Being banned for putting an ignorant,hapless,bone worshiper like yourself in their place is more than worth it.
Watching you whine, call petty names, project your insanity until you absolutely can't take it anymore and then whine to the mods about how you're being picked on is down right satisfying.
Your religion is evolution.
Your god is darwin.
Your messiah is the missing link(which will never be found.
You are the zealot screaming your call to prayer from the rooftops and you are completely indistinguishable from those who would fly planes into buildings in order to get your point across.

Evolution is a religion.

"Stuff's gettin better"

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#52669 Oct 14, 2012
Johny wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I have shown you how Evolutionists lie on the other thread "Should Evolution be Taught in High School".
Don't think for a minute that if people leave they have lost - most of us have real lives that we have to live and this posting can become too much sometimes. I enjoy these debates because often the person pontificating on evolution have really no understanding of science. Some of the worst are teachers who have a limited training in science yet they are such believers in the evolutionary dogma that they cannot think for themselves or even really comprehend the science.
Evolutionary dogma? Feel free to explain that.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#52670 Oct 14, 2012
Johny wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you have not shown one evolutionist lie. You have shown how you will not let go of a false belief. You claim that there has to be a goal while all research shows that not to be the case.

One thing you don't realize about life is that many organs are multifunctional. A very slight continued improvement in one can lead to a new ability. Look at all of the tasks that can be onde with our arms and hands. They did not all have to improve at once.

And if you want to have a case of a major organ developing without a goal all you have to do is to look at an eye. A simple heat sensor could easily develop into a light sensing spot, talk to a biologist about how a light sensitive spot could develop, but I can take it from there.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#52671 Oct 14, 2012
Thegrif wrote:
To think it formed along side the formation of the eye with all of its nerve endings making 120,000 connections in the brain, muscles shaping the lens for focus, to me this all seems staggering to think this would have all happened by accident, or on chance.
The problem with your statements is that it assumes that the human eye came into existence all at once. It didn't.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB301.h...

Tampa, FL

#52672 Oct 14, 2012
Thegrif wrote:
no one will ever change my opinion of what was going on there.
Sounds like a textbook example of a closed mind.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#52673 Oct 14, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I can give an example:
The Yanamamo tribe is a jungle tribe in Venezuela and Brazil.
Their only mathematical words are one, two, and more-than-two.
They kill babies by dashing their brains out on the trunk of a tree.
They prefer boys over girls, so they kill more girls than boys.
An anthropologist tried to point this out to them, but they insisted that they killed more-than-two boys and more-than-two girls.
The reason they prefer boys is so that they can wage warfare against neighboring villages.
They wage warfare against neighboring villages in order to steal their women, since they have a shortage of women.
I'll let you figure out why they have a shortage of women.
ROFL
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#52674 Oct 14, 2012
Normal Flora wrote:
<quoted text>It's like they think they're proselytizing to us. "Oh, I'll go to the Evolution Forum and preach to the heathen."
(Barf)
It seems more like they want to dress funny and go to movie theaters at the moment.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#52696 Oct 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I know far more of rights than you will ever know. Yes, Topix or some other source may have banned you a few years ago. Most jerks get banned sometime in their posting career so I have no doubts that you were banned. Now most places only use the ban as a wrist slap. You have to create a new username and lost any count that you may have had. There are a few places that will go to a further extreme and will keep banning trolls until they disappear. If they need to they can even threaten them with legal action. Topix is such a huge site that it cannot be properly moderated and usually the worst that happens is that your posts may disappear here.
That being said you still have no clue about rights and where they come from. Just because somebody does not bother to kick you off of a site does not mean that you have a right to be their. The fact that you do not appreciate that only goes to show that you have no clue what your rights are or where they come from. You are not as free as you think you are. Lately there have been some lawsuits brought up for cases of extreme cyber-bullying. The persons "rights" did not protect them from being sued. Of course you have not done anything even approaching that, yet. But there is a limit to your so called rights which were not god given no matter what documents you care to wave about.
If You Havent Been Banned, You Aint Livin Right.

If One Stands For Ones Beliefs, It Is Easy To Get Passionate.
We Live In A Country Where Media And Social Media Are Ultra Liberal.
It Almost Sickens Me To Turn On My Computer, For The Liberal Ads....Comcast Is Terrible With Them, I Cant Speak For The Others.
Moderators Are Eating Tree Bark While Singing Ballads Of Obamas Second Coming.

But Other Then That....What A Country
Hollyweird Campaigns For The Golden Calf, Illegals Ruin The State, Fruits And Nuts On Every Corner, Lawyers And Judges Ingnore The Constitution,And Trillion Dollar A Year Debt Is The Norm.

Yep, All Is Fine In The New Rome.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#52697 Oct 14, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems more like they want to dress funny and go to movie theaters at the moment.
Not Funny, Many Innocents Died

The Murderer Was A Nutjob , Not A Example Of A Typical Christian.

You Guys Will Use Anything To Make Yourselves Look Stupid. This Is What Is Meant When Someone Talks Of Inmoral Behavior.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#52698 Oct 14, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your statements is that it assumes that the human eye came into existence all at once. It didn't.
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB301.h...
Wow Drew....More Ignorant Then Usual.

You Me And The Rest Of The Band, Have No Idea How Life Began, Talk Origins Doesnt Either....But, You Actually Believe This....Wow, What Indoctrination Can Do To The Weak Minded.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#52699 Oct 14, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you have not shown one evolutionist lie. You have shown how you will not let go of a false belief. You claim that there has to be a goal while all research shows that not to be the case.
One thing you don't realize about life is that many organs are multifunctional. A very slight continued improvement in one can lead to a new ability. Look at all of the tasks that can be onde with our arms and hands. They did not all have to improve at once.
And if you want to have a case of a major organ developing without a goal all you have to do is to look at an eye. A simple heat sensor could easily develop into a light sensing spot, talk to a biologist about how a light sensitive spot could develop, but I can take it from there.
Yeah, Its Obvious That Human Evolution Is Still Occuring, I Mean Look At The Little People From Wizard Of OZ, Or Andre The Giant. Oh, My Mistake, They Are All Dead, From Bad DNA And/Or Mutations In The Chromosomes.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#52701 Oct 14, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet You Ignore His Claims, Without Hesitation.

Tampa, FL

#52702 Oct 14, 2012
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB301.h ...
wolverine wrote:
Wow, Wolvie, just as childishly insulting as usual.(And also as usual, not the least bit of refutation from you to the facts presented.)

If all you can do is insult, and you're incapable of debating the actual science, why do you even bother coming here?

Tampa, FL

#52703 Oct 14, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Yet You Ignore His Claims, Without Hesitation.
I didn't ignore his claims. Quite the contrary as I addressed them directly. I pointed out that they lack any evidence.

You see, I would actually change my mind if presented with real evidence. He admits that he would never change his mind.

So which of us has the closed mind, then?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#52704 Oct 14, 2012
All poor woofy can do is to spew insults and indulge in his fantasy of being a survivalist millionaire. I love how lately he has found a physicist professor who made his garage into a Faraday "box". LMAO!!
Anonymous

London, UK

#52705 Oct 14, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
You Me And The Rest Of The Band, Have No Idea How Life Began, Talk Origins Doesnt Either....But, You Actually Believe This....Wow, What Indoctrination Can Do To The Weak Minded.
"What indoctrination can do to the weak minded" wow, coming from an indoctrinated creationist, that is the most hilarious thing I have heard in like, well on this forum, in like the last few hours LOL

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#52706 Oct 14, 2012
Evolution is a religion.

"Stuff's gettin better"

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#52707 Oct 14, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Evolution is a religion.
"Stuff's gettin better"
Is evolution "your" religion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 3 min Princess Hey 12,651
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Jack 190,759
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 6 min Old Sam 4,939
News Man admits to cashing dead grandmother's Social... 7 min Jack 21
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 8 min Old Sam 7,348
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 9 min Old Sam 15,927
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 12 min Spotted Girl 2,334
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 34 min its me daisy 6,089
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 55 min Old Sam 144,790
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr Jack 32,098