Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216597 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#51184 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn!
A math problem should ultimately have an answer.
Evolution has none.
A religion based on belief without substance.
If you see anger, it is either your own projection or your own paranoia.
Keep going Starky! Just ignore it a little longer and maybe it'll all go away!! Okay so that hasn't worked for you fundies for the past 150 years but I'm sure it will this time!!!
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#51185 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir.
I don't know what you're talking about but it sounds way more logical than the religion of evolution.
:)
Don't worry, neither does he. Which is why he's just told you there is no life on Earth. However I notice that you took notice of him despite the fact he was not registered. I applaud you for maintaining your hypocrisy and belief in creationist principles of dishonesty!
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#51186 Oct 8, 2012
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were not functionally illiterate, you would have understood by now that the premisse of evolution as religion is based upon quoting out of context.
That thus any self-respecting person would not use the term anymore, after having learned the error of his purposely misled ways.
Ah, but fundies have no shame.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#51187 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
*Your*
Because "You evolved into your"
Hahahaha!
Dear POTUS Starky; I have enjoyed your jousting with the adherents of the religion of evolution.Good job.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#51188 Oct 8, 2012
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were not functionally illiterate, you would have understood by now that the premisse of evolution as religion is based upon quoting out of context.
That thus any self-respecting person would not use the term anymore, after having learned the error of his purposely misled ways.
If you were not cerebrally damaged you'd know the definition of religion.
More importantly you'd recognize that you are hardly qualified to even use the term "self respect"

Evolution= religion.

"Stuff's gettin better"

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#51189 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say you started your drinking early and never stopped.
"Stuff's gettin better"
There is an intelligent response.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#51190 Oct 8, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I need to distance myself from Obama? You already implied that you are voting for him. You seem to have the mistaken idea that all evolutionists are liberal atheists. You would of course be wrong, but then that should not come as a surprise to you.
This guy is just a troll.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#51191 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution= religion.
This would be a LIE!

Why do you "fundie xristian creotards" LIE so much?

Isn't LYING a sin in your religion?

I know I read a commandment about it somewhere.

Say "hi" to ha-Satan for us when you get to Hell.

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#51192 Oct 8, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear POTUS Starky; I have enjoyed your jousting with the adherents of the religion of evolution.Good job.
Thanks.
As President, its not my job to make the rules, its my job to figure out how to break them.

Thank you for your continued support and let me say that "Stuff's gettin better everyday"

Johny

Seabrook, TX

#51193 Oct 8, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Dembski is an idiot. He's a mathematician, not a scientist, and not a very good one. Thermodynamics doesn't work the way creationists think it does otherwise you would not be alive to talk about it (for some reason they love to make up BS why evolution is wrong and inadvertently destroy all life on Earth, or sometimes the entire universe) and as for ID? It is so far undemonstrated.
Science has everything to do with math and statistics. Have you every heard of statistical thermodynamics. Math underpins all of science. Creationists understand that "machines" created by man, God or anyone else does not pose a problem for thermodynamics. The problem arises when you say the machines are created naturally! The Second Law of Thermodynamics defines what that "naturally" would be. We see that nature has a definite direction that does not lead to more complexity outside the statistically probable - e.g. snow flakes don't count for they are expected when temperatures are low enough. There have been a number of thought experiments that would suggest that it could be demonstrated!
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#51194 Oct 8, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
He was jousting?

What, on a chicken??
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#51195 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
As President, its not my job to make the rules, its my job to figure out how to break them.
Absolutely!

For if you notice, Bo is posting unregistered...

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#51196 Oct 8, 2012
Yes! But Bo was respectful of the office of President Starky.

"Stuff's gettin better"

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#51197 Oct 8, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>This guy is just a troll.
He is!
And his fanatical need to disprove creation by embracing junk science is nearly as dangerous as the religion of animals who flew planes into buildings in NYC.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#51198 Oct 8, 2012
Johny wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has everything to do with math and statistics. Have you every heard of statistical thermodynamics. Math underpins all of science.
Sorry. Incorrect. Science is math, physics, chemistry. APPLIED math CAN help - that is, using math whose axioms attempt to match up with reality, but math alone is NOT science. Math is an abstract. It is a language, not a science. And as such language does not have to conform with reality.
Johny wrote:
Creationists understand that "machines" created by man, God or anyone else does not pose a problem for thermodynamics.
I very much doubt that there is any published peer-reviewed scientific paper on thermodynamics that mentions "God" in any way. Or any other field for that matter.
Johny wrote:
The problem arises when you say the machines are created naturally! The Second Law of Thermodynamics defines what that "naturally" would be.
Actually thermodynamics has little to say on these matters, as it's generally about heat transfer.
Johny wrote:
We see that nature has a definite direction that does not lead to more complexity outside the statistically probable - e.g. snow flakes don't count for they are expected when temperatures are low enough.
Ah, so complexity is dependant on a lack of heat? How exactly is "complexity" measured?
Johny wrote:
There have been a number of thought experiments that would suggest that it could be demonstrated!
Either the experiment was performed, or someone thought about doing it and didn't bother.(shrug) What experiments are those and what are they supposed to demonstrate?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#51199 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Yes! But Bo was respectful of the office of President Starky.
"Stuff's gettin better"
Reality does not respect reality deniers. Besides, being dishonest (as you were) is not respectful. So in other words you wanted special privileges to be treated like a cool dude while acting like a typical fundie. Or, you knew exactly what reaction you'd get and use it as an excuse to bring out your martyr complex and act like a typical fundie.

Just like every other fundie.(shrug)

We couldn't give a flying fig about your baseless religious opinions, or your martyr complex. We're only interested in what you can demonstrate. But since what you can demonstrate is little more than a large ego, fundamental misunderstanding of science (heck, even Johnny knows more about thermodynamics (the argument even other creationists is stupid) than you do, and he's using it wrong), and your ability to copy-past, I very much doubt that evolution will be in danger any time soon from your gifted insight.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#51200 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
He is!
And his fanatical need to disprove creation by embracing junk science is nearly as dangerous as the religion of animals who flew planes into buildings in NYC.
Funny, they were fundamentalist religious YEC's who thought they knew more about God than anybody else. Just like you.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#51201 Oct 8, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
He was jousting?
What, on a chicken??
Of course! what else would you ride jousting with fools.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#51202 Oct 8, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
He was jousting?
What, on a chicken??
Hm.

Apparently so.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/obj...

(shrug)

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#51203 Oct 8, 2012
What inference is that?
Johny wrote:
The statement of the second law start off with a negative - e.g. It is impossible for a cyclically operating device to convert thermal energy to mechanical energy by use of one thermal reservoir. Although we can never prove the statements absolutely, since it has always been shown to be true, we can infer the veracity of the statement.
No statement about the real world can be "proven absolutely".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min Paris France 206,720
All Christmas Carols/Songs and Quotes.. 22 min Emerald 6
News Church fined $12,000 for helping homeless new 30 min Emerald 16
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 1 hr Poppyann 1,371
Poll I love you because.............. (Mar '09) 1 hr Enzo49 4,674
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 1 hr Poppyann 48,227
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 1 hr Poppyann 61,039
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Poppyann 10,554
Poll Do You Have A Topix Crush? (2014 Version) (Oct '14) 2 hr Poppyann 103
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 4 hr Spotted Girl 1,547