Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#51132 Oct 8, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Answer By An Uneducated Moron.
I Have Hunted Since I Was Twelve, I Have Spent More Time In The Rugged Mountains Then Most People. I Pride Myself In Knowing Every Animal In These Mountains, As A Kid I Could Name Each Very Easily.
Not Only Was I Not Mistaken, But Could Have Killed The Thing.
I Chose Not To For Fear Of Enviromentalists And PETA Bringing Lawsuits Against Me, If I Were To Show Pictures And Annouce It.
It Is Much Easier To SIt And Claim Lack Of Evidence And Debunk It As A Myth, Then To Understand That Science Has No Idea, And Is Incapable Of Researching It. Spoon Fed Idiots Couldnt Walk The Mountains, Or Be Quiet Enough,
I Have Decided That Given The Circumstances Again, I Will KIll The Beast And Parade It Through Downtown, Just To Insult The Intelligence Of The Elites.
But Then, They Would Argue It Must Be The Missing Link, OR Darwins Step-son.
MORONS
Sorry, you're right. There's no mistaking bigfoot.

By the way, Starky? This guy's on your side.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#51133 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not assuming that you're ordering me around.
I'm informing you that you are impotent to do so.
Just as impotent as you are at articulating an intelligent debate.
Didn't you just spam a whole bunch of BS from a Young Earth creationism website? Tell us about the SLoT next.(shrug)
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#51134 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
My argument is that Man did not evolve from apes.
Show me evidence which proves my argument wrong.
Endogenous Retroviruses

There were ancient viruses which are now called retroviruses. In very rare instances in the distant past, when an animal contracted one of these illnesses, the retrovirus left a copy of itself in the animal's DNA.

It leaves a kind of MARKER, a kind of GRAFITTI that says, in effect, "Kilroy was here."

When that animal reproduced, it passed on that "marker" which is now called an endogenous retrovirus (because it's "in the genes").

ALL SUBSEQUENT GENERATIONS of that species have that particular endogenous retrovirus in the same place in its DNA.

Here's the kicker:

Scientists have discovered that, in MANY SEPARATE PLACES, human beings, chimps and other members of the ape family have the EXACT SAME endogenous retrovirus in the EXACT SAME PLACE in their DNA.

And these particular ER makers are NOT present in the same places in the DNA of horse, mice, whales, etc.

99% of the ERV "markers" in both chimp and human DNA are in the same position, confirming that they preceded the divergence that gave rise to the human and chimp lineages.

This is positive, "Slam the Door" evidence that humans and chimps evolved from a common ancestor, who had those endogenous retrovirus markers in THEIR DNA and passed it on to subsequent species up the tree of life.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#51135 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Oh well if a philosopher said it it must be true then.(shrug)

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#51136 Oct 8, 2012
Yawn!

Grey trolls need to register.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#51137 Oct 8, 2012
Anyone can be grey sock wrote:
President Starky is not responding to grey sock trolls.
What matters is the words, not the face.

But then we already knew that.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#51138 Oct 8, 2012
Be a Man wrote:
and register or sign in.
I'm registered. Have been for a while.

So while you're busy pretending to "be a man", you're ignoring posts you can't deal with.

Don't worry, no other creationist has done so either. What makes you so special? You're just another knows jack about science fundie.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#51139 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
Yawn!
Grey trolls need to register.
Yawn. Fundies need to get a spine and some intellectual honesty.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#51140 Oct 8, 2012
The posts aren't going anywhere. They were there long before you were here, and they'll be left unaddressed long after you've gone. Just like always. It's the creationist way.

Just ask HTS and Maz. And Chuck. And Wolvie. And KJV. etc etc etc...
Johny

League City, TX

#51141 Oct 8, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, so far the design explanation is not legitimate, as it doesn't explain anything. We don't object to archaeologists pointing to designed objects because they can provide evidence and mechanisms for design. Creationists cannot do that. They unfortunately rely on the analogy of design IN PLACE of evidence, rather than using analogies properly - to EXPLAIN evidence.
The Second Law of Thermo uses an inference, and so does ID. If thermodynamics is science then ID is science. Have you ever read anything by Dembski?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#51142 Oct 8, 2012
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Endogenous Retroviruses
There were ancient viruses which are now called retroviruses. In very rare instances in the distant past, when an animal contracted one of these illnesses, the retrovirus left a copy of itself in the animal's DNA.
It leaves a kind of MARKER, a kind of GRAFITTI that says, in effect, "Kilroy was here."
When that animal reproduced, it passed on that "marker" which is now called an endogenous retrovirus (because it's "in the genes").
ALL SUBSEQUENT GENERATIONS of that species have that particular endogenous retrovirus in the same place in its DNA.
Here's the kicker:
Scientists have discovered that, in MANY SEPARATE PLACES, human beings, chimps and other members of the ape family have the EXACT SAME endogenous retrovirus in the EXACT SAME PLACE in their DNA.
And these particular ER makers are NOT present in the same places in the DNA of horse, mice, whales, etc.
99% of the ERV "markers" in both chimp and human DNA are in the same position, confirming that they preceded the divergence that gave rise to the human and chimp lineages.
This is positive, "Slam the Door" evidence that humans and chimps evolved from a common ancestor, who had those endogenous retrovirus markers in THEIR DNA and passed it on to subsequent species up the tree of life.
Don't worry, evidence is irrelevant. He won't deal with it because people like us need to have them pretty green colours on our names.

Yeah. Like THAT'd make a fundie deal with evidence.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#51143 Oct 8, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, evidence is irrelevant. He won't deal with it because people like us need to have them pretty green colours on our names.
Yeah. Like THAT'd make a fundie deal with evidence.
Not interested in a troll like him -- and an evil-minded racist "Christian" troll, at that.

Just want those reading along who may possibly think he is posting any sort of valid questions against evolution to have real and substantial replies on record. Whether they read them or not, whether they are really interested in knowing about science or not, is up to them.:)

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#51144 Oct 8, 2012
Johny wrote:
The Second Law of Thermo uses an inference
What inference is that?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#51145 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
So I should hate this person woofy because of your opinion?
Let me put that on the bucket list of things I haven't done.
1)smoke massive amounts of dope until I believe in the religion of evolution.
2)Hate woofy because he misspelled some words on topix.
3)
1) Me neither. In fact it is the people who smoke dope that tend not to believe the theory of evolution. Why aren't you with your toking buddies. Nerdy scientist types tend to leave drugs alone.

2) Me neither. No one hates woofy. Laugh at him, yes. Deride his idiocy, of course. But hate? No.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#51146 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
It is your religion.
Nope, you made a positive statement. Without evidence I will take it for what it is, a lie.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#51147 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Your religion/evolution has blinded you from the truth.
Also the fact that you belong to the fastest shrinking religion/evolution in the world.
Another lie. Poor cretinists don't know how to read polls.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#51148 Oct 8, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny but when someone posts and perhaps misspells or makes a typo, as long as I understand what they intended to say, I never mention the typo.
Murphy's law is definitely being applied to the religion of evolution.
LOL
:)
And again you did not read my post or you made a major spelling error. I never referred to Murphy's law in my post.

By the way, it seems that since all of your other claims have been shown to be wrong all you have left is to lie about evolution being a religion. And what is really amazing is that you are still doing this after the quotes you cited were found to be in error, remember evolution has been tested many many times, or were taken out of context, in other words you lied by quote mining.

Why should anyone believe someone that has been proven (in the colloquial sense) to be a liar?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#51149 Oct 8, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Me neither. In fact it is the people who smoke dope that tend not to believe the theory of evolution. Why aren't you with your toking buddies. Nerdy scientist types tend to leave drugs alone.
2) Me neither. No one hates woofy. Laugh at him, yes. Deride his idiocy, of course. But hate? No.
1)asking me why I don't smoke dope indicates that you probably do. My choice! I don't smoke anything.I like my clean lungs.

2) I don't know that person you call woofy but you talk the same about that person as you do everyone who disagrees with your religion/evolution.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#51150 Oct 8, 2012
Oh my proof that we are all wrong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Checkmate Atheists!

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Location hidden

#51151 Oct 8, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you made a positive statement. Without evidence I will take it for what it is, a lie.
You deny your own religion?
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 6 min skybobbie 720
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 9 min modhippie1 7,701
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 min illi bishop 28,859
Some day, I would love to_______________? (Sep '12) 11 min modhippie1 313
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 14 min SLY WEST 3,397
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 15 min Crystal_Clear722 4,428
Is it possible to....... 17 min Hatti_Hollerand 1,058
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 33 min Chuckles Hooverdamn 38,658
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Wolftracks 155,551
did tally have a stroke 4 hr Chilli J 34