Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#50403 Oct 4, 2012
Johny wrote:
If we are scientific we need to show that evolution is even probable. It is NOT and stories are made up to explain the supposed transitions between species. Science is concerned about knowing the details and if you leave out most the details you do not have science.
"New function has been observed to evolve."
Evolutionists assume that "new function" can evolve but how do they not know that it is the robustness that is programmed into life to keep it existing? Or is it the genetic variation that exists in a species - preprogrammed information to allow a species to adapt to changing environments. The problem here is that this COULD be evidence for design but evolutionist hijack it and claim it for evolution. Again to prove evolution they need to show that it actually is new and not pre-programmed into the cell.
So your argument is that the world does not change. And if it does, it's towards corruption and sin.

Perhaps you could explain why tuberculosis still exists and some strains are resistant to the old antibiotics? Work of Satan?

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Narara, Australia

#50404 Oct 4, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me dude...it's dead. It never really got started.
Evolution rules.
TOE wins the award for the most laughable and unstable so called 'science' stream around and has mislead the world into thinking it is scientific.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#50405 Oct 4, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Never make the claim that you have found a question that evolutionists cannot answer. And even if they cannot answer it that does not make the theory of evolution false. New functions have been observed to have evolved. That makes your objection that we don't know how they occurred moot. The fact is that life has developed new functions many times over. There may be many different answers to how life evolved new functions. The fact is that it has happened and we can prove that.
Meanwhile you might start your research into answer here:
https://www.google.com/search...
TOE Is False.......It CAnnot Stand Up To The Scientific Method Of Observable, Or Reapeatable. Sorry, Just Using The Insane Criteria That Scientist Impose.

Level 7

Nehwon

#50406 Oct 5, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
snip
Please explain this assertion:

"There is no reason why we should age, and aging is the result of the fall."
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#50407 Oct 5, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
So your argument is that the world does not change. And if it does, it's towards corruption and sin.
Perhaps you could explain why tuberculosis still exists and some strains are resistant to the old antibiotics? Work of Satan?
Unclean Foods.....Reference The Bible

Most Diseases Are A Combination Of Bad Choices. Like Aids
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#50408 Oct 5, 2012
Sorry, I Must Head To Work To Provide For The Entitlement Class.

Level 7

Nehwon

#50409 Oct 5, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
TOE Is False.......It CAnnot Stand Up To The Scientific Method Of Observable, Or Reapeatable. Sorry, Just Using The Insane Criteria That Scientist Impose.
The American Christian Taliban has declared dogma. Case closed. Wolverine has spoken. err, posted on a divinely granted technology.

Level 7

Nehwon

#50410 Oct 5, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Unclean Foods.....Reference The Bible
Most Diseases Are A Combination Of Bad Choices. Like Aids
Like eating shrimp, clams, lobster, bacon or wearing cloth of mixed fibers?

Level 1

Narara, Australia

#50412 Oct 5, 2012
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain this assertion:
"There is no reason why we should age, and aging is the result of the fall."
After Adam and Eve sinned something was done to their DNA that allowed the process of aging, shorter life spand and death to result.

The thing is, you evos are so blind that you are now unable to see the obvious.

Mankind is easily distinguishd from the other apes. It is just that evos need to ignore this and focus on minute similarities.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Qufu, China

#50413 Oct 5, 2012
MazHere wrote:
There is no reason why we should age, and aging is the result of the fall.
I thought it was because medical science has kept us alive past our original life span, but Evolution doesn't care about us after live past our original life span.

Level 7

Nehwon

#50414 Oct 5, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Sorry, I Must Head To Work To Provide For The Entitlement Class.
I understand. Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to the mines you go.

You'd think Mitt Romney would at least send you a thank you card.

Level 1

Narara, Australia

#50415 Oct 5, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was because medical science has kept us alive past our original life span, but Evolution doesn't care about us after live past our original life span.
You are free to think what you like. You are the one that cannot distinguish mankind out of a bunch of apes so I guess what you think doesn't matter a whole lot.

What you should be thinking is that you are not an ape, regardless of the straw grabbing that is done to convince you that you are one.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#50416 Oct 5, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your Cambrian rabbit carry a cane and answer to the name "Uncle Wiggily"?
No!

*Looks down*

Yes...

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#50417 Oct 5, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me dude...it's dead. It never really got started.
Evolution rules.
They were awesome

Level 7

Nehwon

#50418 Oct 5, 2012
MazHere wrote:
<quoted text>
After Adam and Eve sinned something was done to their DNA that allowed the process of aging, shorter life spand and death to result.
The thing is, you evos are so blind that you are now unable to see the obvious.
Mankind is easily distinguishd from the other apes. It is just that evos need to ignore this and focus on minute similarities.
"something was done to their DNA"

Well, now. that narrows it down. Lots of things can be explained that way. WW2? something happened. Smallpox eradicated? something happened. Christianity? Something happened.

“Nothing can stop, This Pony..”

Level 8

Location hidden

#50419 Oct 5, 2012
MazHere wrote:

There is no reason why we should age, and aging is the result of the fall.
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>

Creationists always falsely assert that evolution violates the second law. Which is preposterous , but saying there is no reason that we should age , clearly would violate the second law specifically within systems ecology. Basically everything wears out eventually .

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#50421 Oct 5, 2012
Johny wrote:
You wish it was dead - It is just beginning! Ha!
The "Intelligent Design" program was stillborn. It was never a viable SCIENTIFIC hypothesis, and was never intended to be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillip_E._Johns...

Phillip E. Johnson (born 18 June 1940) is a retired UC Berkeley law professor and author. He became a born-again Christian while a tenured professor and is considered the father of the intelligent design movement. A critic of what he calls "Darwinism" and "scientific materialism"...

"This [Intelligent Design] isn't really, and never has been a debate about science. It's about religion and philosophy."

(WITNESSES FOR THE PROSECUTION - World Magazine, 11/30/96)

"We are taking an intuition most people have (the belief in God) and making it a scientific and academic enterprise. We are removing the most important cultural roadblock to accepting the role of God as creator."

(Johnson, Enlisting Science to Find the Fingerprints of a Creator. The Los Angeles Times. March, 2001.)

"Our strategy has been to change the subject a bit so that we can get the issue of intelligent design, which really means the reality of God, before the academic world and into the schools."

(Let's Be Intelligent About Darwin - Christianity.ca; reprinted from the National Post, 2/6/04)

“Live Love Laugh”

Level 1

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#50422 Oct 5, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You may already be aware of them, but if not, look up "Christian Dominionism".
Scarey crap.
Holy Cow. Maybe we should all start sending our money to the Cayman Islands and looking for a place in Belize to go to!

“Live Love Laugh”

Level 1

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#50424 Oct 5, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
Obama CREATED a situation in Beghazi that EVOLVED into terrorism. He surrounds himself with dead Americans.
I would like to take the time out to Honor the Memories of:
Chris Stevens
Glen Doherty
Tyrone Woods
Sean Smith
R.I.P.
We are sorry our president failed to protect you and properly honor your service and your memory by flying out to Vegas for a party after news of your horrendous deaths.
Your service and patriotism will be missed by all good Americans even though ignored by our heartless leaders.
Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and Nicholas Ivie
RIP
We are sorry our president and Eric Holder let guns run to the people who took you from us.
We also honor your service and patriotism.
I'd like to honor the nearly 5,000 people who have lost their lives in a war that should never have been...Iraq.

They lost their lives fighting in a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, where Bin Laden was not hiding out nor had he even been in Iraq at the time of 9/11. But we went in and as a result, 59,000 people have died, 5,000 of those American men and women who gave their lives for NOTHING.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#50425 Oct 5, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Holy Cow. Maybe we should all start sending our money to the Cayman Islands and looking for a place in Belize to go to!
I cant believe you mentioned Belize.
I wouldn't mind living there....so beautiful!

(I could use intelligent company! ;-)....)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Difference Does It Make? 4 min Bree_Z 18
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Wyle E Coyote 157,771
2words into 2new words (May '12) 14 min Bree_Z 1,406
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 19 min Nobody 2 Special 39,205
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 34 min Nobody 2 Special 7,908
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 38 min Hoosier Hillbilly 27,498
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) 38 min Nobody 2 Special 215
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 55 min Bree_Z 6,067
Obama takes control of Internet 4 hr Just TLC 89
Five Weird Signs You're Smarter Than Average 5 hr wichita-rick 49
More from around the web