Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“GOD OF ALL”

Since: Aug 12

Ilford, UK

#48659 Sep 26, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
Correction:
I meant, the reason why you replied.
Loud and clear mate.
Did you know most people drawn to topic read what is written and do not leave a quote of there own, bear a thought for them ed.

“GOD OF ALL”

Ilford, UK

#48660 Sep 26, 2012
that is TOPIX not TOPIC darn gremlins.

“GOD OF ALL”

Ilford, UK

#48661 Sep 26, 2012
Do you think i am right Charles about the theory of evolution.

“GOD OF ALL”

Ilford, UK

#48662 Sep 26, 2012
It could be that evolutionary theory is dead in the water.

Take chemical storage, another much asked scrutiny of the science of evolution is Is it safe? or moreover, Is chemical dating secure in chemical storage of data?
Fact is we have not coherent way of understanding as a transfixed basis from which to both agree in the science community and to bring the debate along somewhat on to the condition of the data itself, and such like generalisations, or whether Chemical storage should be scrapped, something personally, i would find offensive.

On one point i would share some cynicism, is on how often chemical dating is repeated and what is the time fresh-old to chemical storage of that kind of data? And whether or not kept files are up to date. And not completely lost in the data, or the artefact.

“GOD OF ALL”

Ilford, UK

#48663 Sep 26, 2012
The science of cryogenics has brought sciences like palaeontology a great distance into the future. Now the fight is on to improve chemical dating and make it more accurate in its approaches or its findings or even in its conclusions as in some real cases.

But moreover, chemical dating has already been replaced by a more scientific understanding of preservation of molecules and the science of cryogenics is M.A.D. or mercury atomic dating.

Grinding away at the atomic particle in the search for the oscillating ice crystal molecule that will preserve Rome from crumbling into the sea and being washed away forever lost, probably into an agreed time frame of an million years AD.

And perhaps one day even beyond: preserving life and living celled organisms like DNA forever.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#48664 Sep 26, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and read my post again. I never said anything like that.
Science deals with evidence and coherent ideas. If you do not have that you have nothing, just like creationists.
So one more time. If you want to debunk evolution you have to find real flaws in the theory. You have not done so yet.
If you want to replace it with something else you have evidence and a coherent idea that is supported by your evidence.
You so far have nothing. The only evidence and theory that works has been supplied by evolutionists. That is why creationism is a joke.
Wrong......Creationism Is And Always Has Been The Standard And Common Ground For The Majority, It Is Based On Thousands Of Years Of Written Evidences By Many Different Civilizations, Along With A Boatload Of Artifacts And Confirmations Of Ancient Cities And Geological Sites.

On The Other Hand We Have Theories, Speculations, Hypothesis, Conjecture, And Philosophy,Loosly Held Together With Like Minded Colloberation By Elitists With Bias And Agendas.

So....A Belief With Thousands Of Years Of History, Or A Johnny Come Lately ? Since The Prior Was First And Never Dethroned, It Is Up To The Later To Prove Its Assertions....We Both Know Science Does Not Deal With " Proof "

You Don't Getta Say " This Is My Philosophy, Along With Some Evidence And Bias Collaboration, Now Prove Me Wrong "

Face It....Your Not Attempting A Fair Challenge. Hypocrisy At Best.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#48665 Sep 27, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong......Creationism Is And Always Has Been The Standard And Common Ground For The Majority, It Is Based On Thousands Of Years Of Written Evidences By Many Different Civilizations, Along With A Boatload Of Artifacts And Confirmations Of Ancient Cities And Geological Sites.
On The Other Hand We Have Theories, Speculations, Hypothesis, Conjecture, And Philosophy,Loosly Held Together With Like Minded Colloberation By Elitists With Bias And Agendas.
So....A Belief With Thousands Of Years Of History, Or A Johnny Come Lately ? Since The Prior Was First And Never Dethroned, It Is Up To The Later To Prove Its Assertions....We Both Know Science Does Not Deal With " Proof "
You Don't Getta Say " This Is My Philosophy, Along With Some Evidence And Bias Collaboration, Now Prove Me Wrong "
Face It....Your Not Attempting A Fair Challenge. Hypocrisy At Best.
Woofy, that is pure bullshit and you know it. Yes, many stone age and bronze age societies had creation stories. The problem is is that they are all different. Societies that lived close to each other had similar creation stories, but by the time you get on the other side of the Earth there is very little similarity. Stone age stories are not scientific evidence.

Second you keep trying to deride theories. Theories are the ultimate step an idea can come to in science. That is if it is a modern scientific theory and not a WAG like your side has.

Every time you try to put down science all you do is to show how utterly ignorant you are with your doubtful high school education.

And your side was dethroned long ago. To keep your throne you have to keep active and explain the latest scientific discoveries. Creationism cannot explain the fossil record. I have given your side several chances to come up with an explanation and no one will clearly state how they belief the sedimentary rocks and the fossils in them were formed.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Level 2

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#48666 Sep 27, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
And yet at the same time we are to love our neighbor as ourselves. Go out of our way to even love our enemies.
Your bible allows you to choose the scripture that best serves your mood that day. I'm sure you've seen many examples of that:

[1] Men have seen God ("So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared." - Genesis 32:30)

[2] And also, no man has seen God ("No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known." - John 1:18)

Or

[1] God is tired and rests ("on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested" - Exodus 31:17)

[2] But yet, God is never tired and never rests ("The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary" - Isaiah 40:28)

Or

[1] Man is saved by faith, not works ("For by grace are ye saved through faith... not of works." - Ephesians 2:8-9)

[2] Except when he is ("Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." - James 2:24)

There's plenty more.
Knightmare wrote:
Come on now...stop scripture mining...
Is this guy scripture mining, or it only people criticizing the bible that can do that? http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousb... [image]
GOARD A HEAD

Lubbock, TX

#48667 Sep 27, 2012
the dark lord wrote:
It could be that evolutionary theory is dead in the water.
Take chemical storage, another much asked scrutiny of the science of evolution is Is it safe? or moreover, Is chemical dating secure in chemical storage of data?
Fact is we have not coherent way of understanding as a transfixed basis from which to both agree in the science community and to bring the debate along somewhat on to the condition of the data itself, and such like generalisations, or whether Chemical storage should be scrapped, something personally, i would find offensive.
On one point i would share some cynicism, is on how often chemical dating is repeated and what is the time fresh-old to chemical storage of that kind of data? And whether or not kept files are up to date. And not completely lost in the data, or the artefact.
The future may bring us new ways of understanding the nature of chemical reactions within plants and how they make energy. Who knows? maybe man may be able to harness tree energy to power homes through photosynthesis and photoelectrical conversion. The posibilities are endless with the study of natural systems and the cycles of nature. Evolution theory does not help in understanding any of this.

Level 2

Fennario

#48668 Sep 27, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
Nice tactic to marginalize those that disagree...
The church thinks so.

Level 2

Fennario

#48669 Sep 27, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You entirely miss the point. Why did music ability and appreciation evolve before it was used?
It didn't. Musical ability and appreciation were created by man from the simple ability to pound a drum and its soothing cardiac-like rhythm. Then, a taught string was plucked, and man saw that it was good.

That takes us up to rap. I can't explain it after that.
GOARD A HEAD

Lubbock, TX

#48670 Sep 27, 2012
the dark lord wrote:
Do you think i am right Charles about the theory of evolution.
I think you are open minded and that is all it takes sometimes to get things right.

Level 2

Fennario

#48671 Sep 27, 2012
Tim wrote:
Evolution is like language of Godīs angels, who helped God to create everything. And if there are bad issues in evolution, it is just thanks to bad angel satan and his evil angels, who have tried to destroy everythig, what God and His good helper- good Angels tried to create.
BEDEMIR: "And that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped."

ARTHUR:"This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedemir. Explain again how sheeps' bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes."

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#48672 Sep 27, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bible allows you to choose the scripture that best serves your mood that day. I'm sure you've seen many examples of that:
[1] Men have seen God ("So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared." - Genesis 32:30)
[2] And also, no man has seen God ("No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known." - John 1:18)
Or
[1] God is tired and rests ("on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested" - Exodus 31:17)
[2] But yet, God is never tired and never rests ("The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary" - Isaiah 40:28)
Or
[1] Man is saved by faith, not works ("For by grace are ye saved through faith... not of works." - Ephesians 2:8-9)
[2] Except when he is ("Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." - James 2:24)
There's plenty more.
<quoted text>
Is this guy scripture mining, or it only people criticizing the bible that can do that? http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousb... [image]
Bookmarked

Level 2

Fennario

#48673 Sep 27, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Wrong......Creationism Is And Always Has Been The Standard And Common Ground For The Majority
But not your brand. Your argument is evidence that man makes up creation myths.
wolverine wrote:
It Is Based On Thousands Of Years Of Written Evidences By Many Different Civilizations, Along With A Boatload Of Artifacts And Confirmations Of Ancient Cities And Geological Sites.
None of that is evidence for any of the hundreds creation myths. And the writings contradict one another. By way of contrast, there is only one periodic table of the elements.
wolverine wrote:
So....A Belief With Thousands Of Years Of History, Or A Johnny Come Lately ?
That's easy. The myths are all sterile - each and every one - whereas science has enjoyed a stunning success in its relatively short run. Only one of them is correct, and its not any of the myths.

If we were to pick one of the myths, why the mud man and rib woman myth? Why not the myth of Marduk and Tiamat? It's even older than yours.

Or are you saying that being older only matters when comparing YOUR myth to science, but not when comparing it to older myths? You're not another one of those evangelizers that offers arguments to others that he wouldn't accept himself, are you?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#48674 Sep 27, 2012
<quoted text>
But not your brand. Your argument is evidence that man makes up creation myths.
<quoted text>
None of that is evidence for any of the hundreds creation myths. And the writings contradict one another. By way of contrast, there is only one periodic table of the elements.
<quoted text>
That's easy. The myths are all sterile - each and every one - whereas science has enjoyed a stunning success in its relatively short run. Only one of them is correct, and its not any of the myths.
If we were to pick one of the myths, why the mud man and rib woman myth? Why not the myth of Marduk and Tiamat? It's even older than yours.
Or are you saying that being older only matters when comparing YOUR myth to science, but not when comparing it to older myths? You're not another one of those evangelizers that offers arguments to others that he wouldn't accept himself, are you?
Yo amigo.

One of my friends posted this on FB, and I then found the original:

http://www.google.co.za/imgres...

In my honest opinion, this is utterly disgusting.

Everything wrong with Christianity is summed up in this picture
Hanniie

Bristol, UK

#48675 Sep 27, 2012
i dont get how if we evolved form monkeys (which is insulting I myself do not think im anything like a monkey or parasite! LOL) why i the world are there monkeys.. and bacterium... and everything else that 'evolved to survive'
Id much rather believe there is a God that loves us and made a world for us to live and thrive in.
Me.. a monkey?
I THINK NOT.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#48676 Sep 27, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo amigo.
One of my friends posted this on FB, and I then found the original:
http://www.google.co.za/imgres...
In my honest opinion, this is utterly disgusting.
Everything wrong with Christianity is summed up in this picture
Generally, I tend to think that if you fit nice and tidy into a WASP definition, that motto may work. For anyone who doesn't look, feel,smell, or think like a WASP, it's laughable.

Two-faced dogma is implicit with the aristocracy. Early Christianity stressed the rejection of of social status. Nowadays, they market it as a sign of their god's blessing.
Hanniie

Bristol, UK

#48677 Sep 27, 2012
and evangalism FTW :D
HTS

Williston, ND

#48678 Sep 27, 2012
<quoted text>
It didn't. Musical ability and appreciation were created by man from the simple ability to pound a drum and its soothing cardiac-like rhythm. Then, a taught string was plucked, and man saw that it was good.
That takes us up to rap. I can't explain it after that.
Where did the ABILITY come from. Pounding on a drum is not equivalent to a Mozart symphony. Humans who were supposedly pounding on drums thousands of years ago had that ability. You're dodging the question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 min _hellbilly_ 176
Palmer adviser charged over bizarre kidnap 4 min Pope Bennie s Closet 1
Broken treetop hanging on wire gets holiday decor 14 min Pope Bennie s Closet 1
Weird weather lingers in Alaska's largest city 19 min Pope Bennie s Closet 1
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 20 min Harrison Freebird 83
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min Tom2Tone 152,434
Worker spends 90 minutes stuck in mud up to waist 21 min Pope Bennie s Closet 1
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 21 min mr goodwrench 117
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr -Lea- 25,558
More from around the web