Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205226 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#48687 Sep 27, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Grow up!
Don't speak, like a blind brat.

You don't appreciate good humor.

What about that URL?

“Live Love Laugh”

Level 1

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#48688 Sep 27, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
HTS has nailed it , this is the standard that SCIENCE has established, that life can form without a creator, and, it has failed in every particular. Thats the truth.
Yet you still believe that a deity formed an image in clay and it became a human being.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48689 Sep 27, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are not serious.

This response did not include a URL and is now considered proof and admission that you are not only lying, but also know that you are lying.

You can't provide a link because no link exists.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48690 Sep 27, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No!
I am well on track.

As a life long English speaker I can tell you that you are a derailed train.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48691 Sep 27, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse, it belongs to them. That is why, they are being referred to as, the English.

Argument by clanging. A new low.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48692 Sep 27, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you disputing that?

No one here disputes you are OCD and need to be right.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#48693 Sep 27, 2012
Hanniie wrote:
read and weep :) http://creation.com/geneticist-evolution-impo...
dear all you evolutionists
"Friend deceives friend, and no one speaks the truth. They have taught their tongues to lie; they weary themselves with sinning. You live in the midst of deception; in their deceit they refuse to acknowledge me,"
Hanniie, my sweet....the website you referenced ("Creation Ministries") wouldn't know proper science if it sat on their collective faces.

From THEIR OWN WEBSITE:

What we believe

STATEMENT OF FAITH
(See also “Good News”)

(A) PRIORITIES

1.The scientific aspects of creation are important, but are secondary in importance to the proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as Sovereign, Creator, Redeemer and Judge.

http://creation.com/about-us#what_we_believe

<<end cut/paste>>

In other words, if their website said the sky was blue, I'd be compelled to step outside and look for myself.

ANYTHING they feel conflicts with a series of Bronze-age nomad campfire stories (the Bible) is twisted, ignored, cherry-picked, or outright lied about so that their self-imposed bias is maintained.

On the OTHER hand, there are many, MANY MILLIONS of pious Christians (as well as persons of other faiths) that understand and accept the findings of science, including the Theory of Evolution, AND RECONCILE this understanding with their faith in God.

The Clergy Letter Project (12,822 Christian Clergy signatures as of 9/26/12)"

"Within the community of Christian believers there are areas of dispute and disagreement, including the proper way to interpret Holy Scripture. While virtually all Christians take the Bible seriously and hold it to be authoritative in matters of faith and practice, the overwhelming majority do not read the Bible literally, as they would a science textbook. Many of the beloved stories found in the Bible – the Creation, Adam and Eve, Noah and the ark – convey timeless truths about God, human beings, and the proper relationship between Creator and creation expressed in the only form capable of transmitting these truths from generation to generation. Religious truth is of a different order from scientific truth. Its purpose is not to convey scientific information but to transform hearts.

We the undersigned, Christian clergy from many different traditions, believe that the timeless truths of the Bible and the discoveries of modern science may comfortably coexist. We believe that the theory of evolution is a foundational scientific truth, one that has stood up to rigorous scrutiny and upon which much of human knowledge and achievement rests. To reject this truth or to treat it as “one theory among others” is to deliberately embrace scientific ignorance and transmit such ignorance to our children. We believe that among God’s good gifts are human minds capable of critical thought and that the failure to fully employ this gift is a rejection of the will of our Creator. To argue that God’s loving plan of salvation for humanity precludes the full employment of the God-given faculty of reason is to attempt to limit God, an act of hubris. We urge school board members to preserve the integrity of the science curriculum by affirming the teaching of the theory of evolution as a core component of human knowledge. We ask that science remain science and that religion remain religion, two very different, but complementary, forms of truth."

http://www.theclergyletterproject.org/Christi...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48694 Sep 27, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Clear and simple-
we are from a common ancestor, because, we are all created by God.
Though humans, are more unique.

As all creatures are 100% unique, how is it possible for one species to be more unique than the others?

“Live Love Laugh”

Level 1

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#48695 Sep 27, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In my country, it is limited to university lecturers alone.
Are you trying to tell us that once a person has a doctorate in your country they are not allowed to do post-doctorate study of any sort unless they are a lecturer? I think your tin-foil hat is screwed on too tightly.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48696 Sep 27, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I said this, he is languishing in pain, under the cover of laughter.
Are you denying that?

What are you trying to say. Please speak English.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48697 Sep 27, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, by your premise, English started and developed in England while German started and developed in Germany.

Again, what is at issue is your misuse of the English language.

Period.

To date....
Warcraft Girl

UK

#48698 Sep 27, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to believe whatever you want. But if you want to know what the scientific evidence supports it shows that we and chimps have evolved from a common ancestor from about 6 million years ago. This is based mainly on DNA evidence but also the fossil record.
riiiight and what about all the evidence backing up stuff from the bible like the egyptian men in the river bed where moses parted the red sea, or is that not important to you? You are all closed minded, i am 17 ive been taught all about evolution i went in with a open mind, even wondered if it was true, but i personally cannot see how there are still animals like apes left if they were meant to evolve? you are saying i am free to believe as i want, so why comment on what i say unless you are going agaist what you just said? clearly i am not alowed as my views go against yours?
you can believe your shit
and i will believe the truth :D
thank you :)now im going to play WoW :D bye monkeyboy

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48699 Sep 27, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text> Forget about 4,000 years ago. No one thinks that the human mind evolved in a few thousand years. I'm talking about 100,000 years ago. Why did humans have mathematical and musical ability?

We don't know how much they had. Certainly the brain structures involved in both were in place, but the neuronal connection patterns can change fairly rapidly in evolutionary terms.

“Live Love Laugh”

Level 1

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#48700 Sep 27, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No!
I am well on track.
You're well on track to proving how close you are to being totally ignorant on every subject about which you post here. In fact, I think you're not 'on track', but already there.
Warcraft Girl

UK

#48701 Sep 27, 2012
oh a dogen nice image of a god as your pic :)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48702 Sep 27, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
So they lied?

They had poetic license to do so.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48703 Sep 27, 2012
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa! back up,thats not his standards thats your standard!

No, the point was that is not anybodies standard.

“Live Love Laugh”

Level 1

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#48704 Sep 27, 2012
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you disputing that?
I have disputed everything you've said so far. Or do you not understand that?
anonymous

Chagrin Falls, OH

#48705 Sep 27, 2012
Hanniie wrote:
read and weep :) http://creation.com/geneticist-evolution-impo...
dear all you evolutionists
"Friend deceives friend, and no one speaks the truth. They have taught their tongues to lie; they weary themselves with sinning. You live in the midst of deception; in their deceit they refuse to acknowledge me,"
All opinion. No math.

Admittedly, modern culture may skew the math. We don't allow people to die for their weaknesses, nor do we discourage them from procreating. Under those circumstances, there may be decay. Sooner or later, the situation rights itself.

So.... I'm going to guess that you're sticking to a "pathological liar" tactic. You're working out your lies in your head, cherry picking "facts" that suit your agenda and then embracing them as truth. After the next holocaust, you'll have an alibi, and a generation of young thugs will take the entire fall for your misconduct.

Contemptible.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#48706 Sep 27, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, You Claim, We Need To Prove Your " Theory " To Be Wrong ?....LOL
No....I Think Not......It Is A Mere Opinion, Opinions Are Like Azzholes, Everyones Got One, And They All Stink.
Science Does Not Deal With Proof.....They Have No Business Demanding It From Others.

No, a scientific theory is not an opinion. Evolution is a well supported theory with evidence from many fields of science.

To "prove it wrong" (bring the theory into question) you need to have an alternative hypothesis that better explains observable reality. It helps if that hypothesis makes predictions that can be checked.

No, science does not deal in proof, by definition. Science deals in evidence (data). Psudoscience, OTOH has a priori beliefs that it tries to support by attacking real science (rather than providing supporting evidence) in trivial and often meaningless ways.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min 8541 MARINE 59,917
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Sharlene45 197,731
News new Women bare breasts for gender equality on G... 7 min Dr Wu 8
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 7 min topXdiva 14,160
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min Jennifer Renee 19,852
News Kanye West released an explicit and bizarre new... 10 min Dr Wu 1
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 19 min Poppyann 59,878
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 1 hr Parden Pard 668
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 1 hr Fish_sticks 8,863
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 33,280